Riverside Locksmith

Founded 1998 • With Angi since October 2006

Auto Service

6 Employees. No Subs. Cost Is Determined By The Job. Travel Charges Do Apply. Extra Charge For After-Hours Service....

The Flying Locksmiths - Central Virginia

The Flying Locksmiths - Central Virginia is a full service, mobile residential and commercial locksmith company. We perform tasks from re-keys/master key systems to repair/replacement of door locking hardware, door closers, panic/exit devices and door hinges. We are fully insured and licensed/background checked through Virginia Dept of Criminal Justice Services. We are here, when you need us, entirely at your convenience and we look forward to providing you with the best service possible!

American Lock & Key, Inc.

American Lock & Key has been loyally serving the city of Richmond, Virginia and many surrounding areas for over 30 years. We have grown into a well-established and trustworthy full service Richmond locksmith organization that can help anyone with all locksmith needs from simply unlocking your vehicle, home, or business to supplying and servicing safes, commercial grade hardware, architectural hardware, and all of your automatic door needs. Barry Wilson is the owner of American Lock & Key; a quality assured professional and reliable Richmond Locksmith Company. Find us on Angie's List, Facebook, or at our Google-Plus Page. We look forward to helping you out in your time of need, our expert installers are licensed and professional, ready 24/7 for commercial, residential, safe, automatic door, and automotive work. We are confident we can help you with any service request you may have.

Johnny the Locksmith

Whether you’re locked out of your home or need to upgrade the locks in your house, we can help. Our expert locksmiths have the tools and training to pop open all kinds of residential door locks as well as install and repair locking systems commonly used in homes. We make sure that you never have to doubt the safety of your home again.

05/26/2010

Friendly guy, but totally gave us the run around. Doors are less functional than before he touched them.

Description of Work
We requested to have some locks adjusted.

Category locksmith,doors

05/22/2010

I called and left a message on their machine. I tried calling back at a different time the next day, got the machine again, didn't leave a message. Left another message on day 3. Today is day 5, and I'm looking for another locksmith.

Description of Work
No service was performed

05/11/2010

The guy was on-time, very nice, and clearly knew what he was doing. He didn't really "look" like a locksmith, but no matter.

Description of Work
Bought a new home--Riverside installed an electronic lock/keypad on the front door, a kick-in security plate on the backdoor, and a bar on the sliding glass door. They rekeyed all of the locks to match a single key.

05/03/2010

After calling and leaving a message on Friday and not hearing back, I called again on Sunday and had someone pick up right away and book an appointment with me later that evening. The locksmith arrived on time and was very fast and friendly.

Description of Work
3 door locks changed. 2 bolts & 2 door knob locks total with 3 new keys cut. $50 service fee plus $15 per lock changed and 2 keys (although guy on phone quoted me 3 keys so they honored that) plus tax.

03/25/2010

The technician arrived almost on the dot at the appointed time. A personable fellow, he set about the work immediately. It took some time to remove the old lock, from lack of experience with this particular model. Once the lock was out, he determined that it could not be fixed. Unfortunately, he had only a shiny brass replacement, instead of the antique brass of other fixtures. In the end the new ...

Description of Work
Attempted to repair, then replaced Schlage deadlock.

07/14/2009

Called several locksmiths and this company gave me a firm price, which was reassuring and a senior discount was included. They came on the agreed upon time and things were completed and I am happy about the whole thing. It was quickly done to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Changed the locks on my three exterior doors.

11/21/2008

This service call couldn't have been handled better from the time they answered the phone, they were completely professional, and made every attempt to complete the job in a satisfactory time and manner. Kevin was even able to make the locks that were being rekeyed, match a newer deadbolt on the basement door to save us a little money. He was knowledgeable in answering questions about what I would...

Description of Work
We had a key broken off in the front door lock; the lock had actually been difficult to operate. Riverside's technician, Kevin, removed the broken key, and adjusted the pins in the lock to make the lock work more smoothly. After making the adjustment, the lock still didn't work as smoothly as he wanted it to (it's a really old lock from the mid-1920's). He then rekeyed the door, and at my request, rekeyed the other 2 exterior doors so that they all have the same key.

09/08/2008

I have used this company twice. I found them on Angie's List and liked all of the positive feedback and will add mine, too. I liked that they were able to work on this old lock and not force me to replace it. They worked with my schedule and arrived on time. They are close to my house.

Description of Work
I had this company fix an original 1920's front door lock. They had to shave some of the door to make it line up.

Category locksmith,doors

06/09/2008

It went excellent, he was very good. He was on time when he came. There is only a forty dollar trip fee which was good. It was nice that he gave us the keys at the same price.

Description of Work
He re-keyed seven different locks in houses for us. He also made the keys.

03/29/2008

The technician arrived 25 minutes after my Saturday morning call. He explained in detail what the problem was and promptly fixed it. I could not be more pleased with his promptness, explanation, and quality work.

Description of Work
Fixed a jammed deadbolt lock and re-aligned plate.

Category locksmith

We are a full service locksmith. We install, replace, and repair automotive, residential, and commercial keys and locks. We cut and program high-security "dealer only" automotive keys. We unlock cars and homes.

Electronic Access Control