RICHMOND SECURITY

Founded 1976 • With Angi since August 2006

The Flying Locksmiths - Central Virginia

The Flying Locksmiths - Central Virginia is a full service, mobile residential and commercial locksmith company. We perform tasks from re-keys/master key systems to repair/replacement of door locking hardware, door closers, panic/exit devices and door hinges. We are fully insured and licensed/background checked through Virginia Dept of Criminal Justice Services. We are here, when you need us, entirely at your convenience and we look forward to providing you with the best service possible!

American Lock & Key, Inc.

American Lock & Key has been loyally serving the city of Richmond, Virginia and many surrounding areas for over 30 years. We have grown into a well-established and trustworthy full service Richmond locksmith organization that can help anyone with all locksmith needs from simply unlocking your vehicle, home, or business to supplying and servicing safes, commercial grade hardware, architectural hardware, and all of your automatic door needs. Barry Wilson is the owner of American Lock & Key; a quality assured professional and reliable Richmond Locksmith Company. Find us on Angie's List, Facebook, or at our Google-Plus Page. We look forward to helping you out in your time of need, our expert installers are licensed and professional, ready 24/7 for commercial, residential, safe, automatic door, and automotive work. We are confident we can help you with any service request you may have.

ADT

Offers by ADT on Angi

09/19/2017

The Richmond Security professional was on time and did the work quickly. The price cheaper or comparable to other places I called

Description of Work
Changed all the locks after moving into a new home.

03/22/2017

They called me at 8:30 AM - 30 minutes before any other locksmith in Richmond would be opening for service. Gave me a price quote before they came. Tech called on his way and was punctual. The service was completed quickly and efficiently. Would call them again.

Description of Work
Lockout on my home

07/15/2016

Quick repair.

Description of Work
knob lock inoperable

03/10/2016

Billy of Richmond Security examined the deadbolt, which they had installed on a prior visit, and took measures necessary, including filing down the metal strip on the door to ensure smooth operation. He provided advice re. another lock issue that would help me save money in the future.

Description of Work
Checked deadbolt that was not working smoothly. Fixed problem.

04/17/2015

Over the years I have used this company for a wide range of locksmith needs and have never been disappointed. They are fair, punctual, very reasonable in price and an overall good deal. There have even been occasions where they specifically referred me to someone else because they felt the other shop could do a better or more effective job. They are strongly recommended.

Description of Work
Key replacement.

02/25/2015

Description of Work
Re-keyed 5 locks to my home, replaced 2 door handles, supplied me with one door handle (the one I had purchased did not fit.) This included re-keying deadbolts as well.

06/11/2013

They were excellent. They are very punctual, did what they said they would, very timely on responding to the call and did excellent work. Their pricing was competitive.

Description of Work
I used Richmond Security for locksmith. I had my locks re-keyed and lock things.

05/16/2012

They are just two blocks away from us. Overall I was pretty satisfied with their services. They showed up which was good.

Description of Work
Richmond Security re-keyed all our locks.

06/05/2010

The service technician who came out, also named Mike, seemed to disappear for quite a while (20 minutes? 30 minutes?) without explanation either before or after. The work he did was fine, though. I just would not use this company again because there are many locksmiths around ... why repeat an experience that was less than ideal?

Description of Work
Needed to have two locks per door of my new house (front and back doors) re-keyed. Also needed an old padlock cut off a storage shed. When I spoke with Mike on the phone on June 3rd, he told me the shed's lock could be keyed to match the door locks; he was great!

Category locksmith,home security systems

08/22/2006

We have absolutely no complaints regarding this system or Richmond Security. It was installed in less than a couple of hours and the technician went around and checked every single connection before he was satisfied with the work. We have not had any problems with it and have not had the need to call them for any reason. We pay every month and never see them. That is the way it should be.

Description of Work
Richmond Security installed our alarm system and is responsible for monitoring, as well as any necessary repairs.

Category home security systems

Richmond Security offers sales and service of door hardware products (locksmith), commercial and residential safes (burglary, fire, depository) and access control (keypads & video surveillance).

MasterCard, American Express, Check