North Hill Construction

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2018

2611 E Leigh St

Richmond, VA 23223

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

plastering202123223
The result of someone repairing a portion of historic plaster with drywall. This is a no-no.

I specialize in carpentry, drywall, historic plaster repair, doors, interior plumbing and electrical, trim, shower doors, vanities, consulting - in short, whole-home repair and remodeling, with a love for historic preservation and remodeling. We also offer floor sanding, refinishing, and installation. Check out our 4-Hour Handymam Deal. No roofing, gutters, or carpet. No vinyl or Masonite siding. Shower door installation is not covered under any current deals, due to the higher liability. Shower door installation and removal are priced separately. ...
Major Plaster Repair project

plastering

202123223

handyman (60)woodworking (30)door installation (18)drywall (17)home remodeling (15)plastering (15)interior painting (14)plumbers (14)cabinet refacing (7)house painting (6)countertop installation (6)hardwood floors (5)

10/15/2021

Dana was great to work with and did a wonderful job. He contacted me promptly after I called him to request an estimate. Once we met and I agreed to hire him, he immediately got to work. I was very impressed with all of his work. He was very diligent, had lots of knowledge when it came to working with older homes (my house was built in 1947), and offered great suggestions. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Repair of old interior door locks, install replacement light fixtures, mount TV, replace door sweep

Category handyman service,doors

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

03/08/2021

Dana arrived early and got right to work.He found the problem and fixed it immediately.He was very professional and knowledgeable I would totally recommend him and call upon him again.

Description of Work
door adjustment

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

01/27/2021

I couldn't be more pleased. Dana was responsive and came out the day I contacted him! He did an excellent job and explained the ins and outs of mounting objects on plaster vs. drywall. I will definitely contact him again.

Description of Work
Handyman. Installed wall mirror

Work Completed On 01/27/2021

01/12/2021

Very responsive, polite, knowledgeable, reasonable prices, professional. I would give them an A+!

Description of Work
Put up blinds and replaced a door jam.

Work Completed On 01/10/2021

01/07/2021

So on a scale of 1 to 10, Dana gets a 15. He swooped in and saved the day on a bathroom remodel that was supposed to be a simple retiling project, but ended up becoming *A*WHOLE*BIG*THING once we discovered rotted joists, walls at absurd angles, and some general insanity caused by a terrible previous remodel. At every step of the way, he showed me exactly what the issues were and talked through all the options, and was always incredibly conscious of time and budget. The man worked weekends, the day after Thanksgiving, the day after Christmas, just to get me finished sooner since he knew we were out of our main bathroom and had no other tub for our 1 year old. He had great suggestions for drastically improving the look of the room with simple additions to trim and other small, affordable aesthetic suggestions. He's an absolute craftsman. It's so hard to find "the guy"-- you know, "the guy" you call for any issue, know he'll handle it fantastically, honestly and for a great price. He does big projects, handy work, anything-- and if it's something he can't do for some reason, he'll be straight with you right away. I would trust him on any/all projects in the future, he's a gem. Also, my dog and baby love him, for what it's worth :)

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel, wall work

Category ceramic tile,drywall,handyman service,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

11/07/2020

I could not have met a more trustworthy and knowledgeable handyman for my project. He handled the situation with talent and understandable description to get the job done. I'm so happy to have a business that is so reliable and genuine now that I have moved to Richmond. Thank you Dana!!

Description of Work
Wall mounted TV

Category drywall,handyman service,woodworking

Work Completed On 11/07/2020

10/22/2020

Dana was responsive and timely in each of the projects. He kept us involved and informed (the communication was great) as the projects were completed. He was on time and on budget in each of the projects. His prices were fair and the work was excellent. We would highly recommend North Hill.

Description of Work
Porch rebuilding, paint, deck and railings

Category decks,picture framing,handyman service,remodeling,house painters

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

09/07/2020

It was one of the best contractor experiences I have ever had! Dana was thoughtful in solving issues in an 185 year old house. He also solved a mystery that two plumbers could not resolve! Excellent work!!

Description of Work
door work

Category handyman service,woodworking,doors

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

08/27/2020

Dana was on time. Quick to finish; polite. Able to show me the “ins and outs” on what I needed to know. Kept distance and mask on. Would be pleased to have him come again. Super job!

Description of Work
appliance assembly

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

08/24/2020

Dana called very soon after I submitted my request for estimate and asked a few questions, gave a verbal estimate and indicated when he could do the business. We called a few hours later, asked more questions (all this on a Sunday) and set up a time for him to come the next morning to do the work. He showed up on time, was very conscious of corona concerns, walked through the details with us, completed the work efficiently but expertly and cleaned up fully. He was a true gem. We will definitely keep his information for future items and wholeheartedly recommend him to all. Thank you!!

Description of Work
grab bars installation

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Carpentry, kitchen and bath renovation and consultation, plumbing, plaster and plaster repair, doors, drywall, interior plumbing and electrical, shower doors, sinks, vanites, kitchen remodeling, trim carpentry, woodworking, furniture refinishing, painting.

roofing, vinyl siding, carpet, under-home insulation, yard work