MowHawks

Founded 2015 • With Angi since February 2016

7020 W Grace St

Richmond, VA 23226

MowHawks makes it easy and affordable to order lawn care service. We currently serve select neighborhoods in Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico, and in the City of Richmond. We offer a full suite of lawn care services including lawn mowing, turf management, landscaping, mulch installation, and shrub and small tree pruning. We make it easy with free, instant online quotes, automatic billing, and great prices. As a company that’s Better Business Bureau Accredited, and a three-year winner of the Angie’s List Super Service Award, you will find that working with us is as easy as it is affordable....

Resposiveness

lawn care (26)lawn & landscaping (11)lawn treatment (10)mulch delivering (7)leaf removal (1)

07/12/2019

My experience with them has been excellent. Very reliable. The people that run the company are very honest. Always willing to listen to any questions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They were cutting my lawn, trimming and blowing off the pavement patio after they cut the lawn. They aerate and also pickup leaves.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/08/2019

07/12/2019

Exceptional! They showed up on time, very professional, and courteous.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did landscaping and yard maintenance.

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/05/2019

08/05/2018

Beware, poor mowing is used as an excuse to change customer schedule to more frequent weekly mowing. I have been on biweekly schedule for the past 4 months, no problems. The last mowing job left a lot of grass cuttings across both front and back yard. Mr. Smith indicated it was due to all the rain and mowing the grass when wet and the next mowing would take care of it. Instead of offering to clean...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mowing and yardwork

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/05/2018

Photo for MowHawks - 7020 W Grace St, Richmond, VA - 37296102

We rarely respond to reviews--good or bad--but the inference here is that we played a "bait and switch" on this customer, and we did no such thing. Below is the entire email thread between our company and Ms. [Member Name Removed], with only the contact info edited for security purposes: From: [Member Name Removed] Date: Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 4:57 AM To: MowHawks Subject: Henrico County custom...

05/30/2018

On 4/25/18 I sent a message through Angie’s List requesting a quote. It has been 5 weeks now and I still haven’t received a response. I noticed that their last review was on 9/21/17. Are they still in business? If not, why are they still listed on here?

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My front flowerbeds needed to be weeded and mulched, and I needed suggestions on how to deal with drainage issues at the end of my sidewalk.

CATEGORY mulch

09/21/2017

MowHawks is always out as scheduled and does an excellent job on my yard with the mowing and edging. They are very responsive to any questions or concerns I might have, and keep an eye on the state of the yard and make gentle suggestions about things they think might be troublesome that they may be able to also help with. I have always found them to be polite, friendly, and professional, and they ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use MowHawks for lawn mowing services.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/21/2017

09/19/2017

I was not here when the crew arrived. The job the crew did was amateur at best. The edging was sloppy and there are clumps of grass everywhere. I would not hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed my lawn mowed and edged. MowHawks offered a trial mow for $34. My lawn is not large and there are no trees,etc in my back yard. The lawn had been mowed about a week before.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/14/2017

08/01/2017

They did great.  They actually did a little more than I expected. They are convenient.  I haven't had them move anything.  They get their mower in through the side gate which is not blocked by the driveway.  They take care of the whole job and they are doing it for a little less than I was paying my son to do the same job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I  hired them to cut my grass every other week. They actually go through and trim the flower beds with a weed wacker so I wasn't expecting that.

CATEGORY landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/26/2017

07/27/2017

Regular mowing work is on time, every time. The yard work was done in one day and included weeding, poison ivy removal, debris removal and mulching. The debris was removed and the work was cleaned up very well and the mulch was nice and thick and I would highly recommend them to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I hired them to do regular lawn mowing service for me and recently did a yard clean up for me.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2017

06/19/2017

I was very pleased with their services. Would recommend to oters.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mulch delivered and spread in yard.

CATEGORY lawn service,mulch

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/03/2017

03/16/2017

Service was fine, I used the Deal last fall and everything turned out fine. They did what they needed to do and scheduled promptly. Completed as expected and were prompt.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I bought a Big Deal for $224 Lawn Aeration, Seeding, and Fertilizing.

CATEGORY lawn treatment

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/27/2016

Lawn Mowing, Turf Care, Fertilization-Fescue, Bermuda Grass & Zoysia Grass experts, Bed, Tree, & Shrub work, Aeration and Seeding, Landscape Design, Leaf Removal, Mulching.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing