LEETE TIRE & AUTO CENTER

Founded 1942 • With Angi since October 2006

4.4

12 S 2ND ST

Richmond, VA 23219

Full service tire and auto center...

07/02/2015

Kelly A.

06/30/2015

Jenny W.

Description of Work
I went in to finish having my car inspected. I'd had it partly done - enough to safely allow me to drive to Florida and back - several months before. Meanwhile I got a company car that I was driving, so did not opt to replace the broken driver's side door handle at that time. When I went back, suddenly they tell me there is something else wrong that it needs to pass inspection. Bizarre, since I only drove the car on that trip to Florida and not since then. To top it off, the door handle broke again the day after I got it fixed for almost $400. Then I find out later that the reason my car started leaking oil was because they did not put everything back properly after changing my oil. RUN AWAY. Do NOT take you car here.

02/23/2015

Lisa A.

Went well. No charge when they could not find a reason for a slow tire leak, but they had checked all possibilities and explained different factors that could be causing the leak and reasons why these might not be detectable. I have used Leete Tire over the years for occasional tire purchase and repair. They have always been helpful, professional, and informative. I would use this business again.

Description of Work
Checked a tire that had a chronic leak. Could not find a specific problem to fix.

04/15/2012

Jim C.

On time and no surprises!

Description of Work
Got a new set of tires here and they were very professional. No one is the least expensive but Leete is a great value and I am happy with the service provided.

01/12/2012

Alison C.

In general, my experience with them has been positive. I really like them. My only hesitation is that to increase their prices, they require me to get fuel additive. I don't want the fuel additive, but I still have to pay for it even though I do not use it. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I use Leete Tire & Auto Center for auto service. My last visit was for an oil change.

Category auto repair

Member, we actually made the fuel additive part of our "house" oil change when the oil prices went way up in an effort to keep the oil change pricing exactly where it was to begin with. Our oil changes have not gone up in over 3 years. Not many shops can say that. The way we have achieved that was to make the fuel additive a mandatory part of the oil change. Our oil prices have not gone up to our customers thanks to the small profit "cushion" in the fuel additive. Just for the record, an oil change without the fuel additive would be $37.00. with the additive it is $39.88. Also, just for the information factor we are "service advisors" , the gas we are using as a nation right now is the worst we have seen in the last 40 years. With a check engine light diagnosis being $90.00 and most of them being fuel related I think we are being pretty "stand up" in trying to do what is best for our clients vehicles and not trying to hit them in their wallet every chance we get. We have never claimed to be the cheapest auto care centers around but we sure do enjoy being one of the best.

11/03/2011

AL C.

They did the work OK and in a timely manner, unfortunately they damaged my car while it was in their shop. The car was parked next to a "monster truck" and the truck's door dented my car. I had always liked the work done by this shop and the office personnel were very professional, but after the car was dented at their shop I stopped going and would caution anyone going there.

Description of Work
State inspection; oil change, rear brakes.

Category auto repair

We certainly apologize for any damage done to the member's vehicle. The truck it was parked beside was mine. I get here at 7:30 am every morning and leave around 5:30 pm every day. My truck does not move through the course of a day. The damage to the member's car was never brought to my attention. If it had been I am sure we could have reached a suitable solution. In fact when I read this review I called the member and have him bringing his car by here so I can assess the damage and take care of it. By the way the member came back in in December after this review was written. We strive to take the best care of our customers as possible on an every day basis. We also try to give our customers the service that seems to be lacking in several retail locations around the area. We like to sleep well at night knowing that our customers are satisfied and their cars are repaired correctly and as affordably as possible.

10/06/2011

Hal C.

They did a good job. They were very good. I got the appointment and they did the work while I waited which I was really pleased with and it didn't take too long. The price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
I used Leete Tire & Auto Center for two new tires and they balanced them.

Category auto repair, car tires

Thank you member. That is what we strive for every day!

07/09/2010

Melissa B.

This shop is within walking distance of my office downtown, and I love being able to leave my car and walk to work. They work by appointment and tend to fill up a day or so in advance.

Description of Work
The first time I went to Leete Tire, they repaired my tire for free. I was expecting to need a new wheel because the rim had gotten bent, but they said it wasn't damaged enough to cause a problem, and that has been true over several months. I bought tires from them in March 2010 and got an excellent price. They will rotate them every 5000 miles for free. I've also bought light bulbs there and they always come out and change them for me. Fair prices for good service from knowledgeable, honest, friendly mechanics.

Category auto repair, car tires

Thank You for the kind words Member!!!

02/07/2010

Elizabeth A.

Great.

Description of Work
My son had his brakes, front and back, change and additional work.

Category auto repair, car inspections

Thanks Member. We appreciate your business!

09/26/2008

Leanne B.

Great!

Description of Work
I cannot comment on the Richmond location, but we have taken our cars to their Petersburg location for several years. They have performed all kinds of services on our cars. Several times, we asked them for price after getting a price from a dealership. They are always way below a dealership price. I gave them a B for quality because they weren't able to change the oil on my Honda Odyssey without it leaking. Honda now uses some different kind of plug. Had to take it to the dealership for that one.

06/22/2007

FRAN H.

I have been dealing with Leete for several years, as have many others in the downtown area. They have an EXCELLENT reputation for not only doing a good job, but they are HONEST. I'd recommend them to anyone !!

Description of Work
Replace routers in the front wheels, rotated tires, balanced, and other repairs.

10/28/2006

LOUIS J.

I had to make an appointment a day in advance. I dropped my car off at 8 am and received it the same day at 3. The service was pretty good. The technician tried to sell me an additive for engine sludge, but didn't push the issue when I said I wasn't interested. The location was very convenient to my job downtown. I did think that the work took a little long to complete.

Description of Work
I went to Leete Tire and Auto and received and oil change, with new oil filter, and tire rotation.

10/27/2006

LOUIS J.

I was able to drop my car off on the last day of the month with a one-day notice. The representative told me that I needed to get the car to them by 7:30 AM, or they would not be able to take me that day. Initially, they told me that the inspection would be completed around 4 or 5 PM, but they finished at 2 PM. I find this above average considering I got the car inspected at the last moment. Location very convenient to Downtown Richmond. I would recommend making an appointment for any kind of service in advance.

Description of Work
Leete Tire and Auto provided a standard Virginia car inspection. I received a new inspection sticker, valid for one calendar year.

Category car inspections

Auto Transmission
    Auto Towing
    Auto Mufflers
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE, BRAKES, OIL, LUBE & FILTER, TIRE ROTATION, WHEEL BALANCE, BATTERIES, AUTO WHEELS, COMPUTERIZED ALIGNMENT, RADIATOR, TOWING, BELTS & HOSE INSPECTION, COMPUTERIZED ENGINE ANALYSIS, SHOCKS, STRUTS & TRANSMISSION MAINTENANCE.

BODY WORK