H.J. Holtz and Son Inc

Founded 1936 • With Angi since June 2010

3106 Moore St

Richmond, VA 23230

H.J. Holtz & Son is a 3rd generation painting and wallpapering company, with over 35 employees....

02/27/2020

AUDREY G.

The painting was mostly adequately, but the repair and prep work was not what I expected. When the estimator came, I explained that we were not changing colors, but wanted to repair the cracks that were insufficiently or poorly repaired and painted over prior to our purchasing the house. After mostly finishing the Holtz painters indicated that the level of finishing the cracks was beyond their capabilities and I would need a “mudman” for the job. After calling the owner, they gave me a recommendation for someone to do a better job than Holtz had done. The bottom line is that I paid Holtz to repair and paint and now I have to get additional repairs and then will have to paint again. In addition, there were areas of trim that had holes that were not filled prior to painting. So, again, now if I want the job to look “professional”, I have to fill the holes myself and repaint. No one from the company followed up after the painting was complete to find out if the work was satisfactory, they just sent an invoice. It’s nice that Holtz can showcase all their high-end fancy work, but they need to get back to basics. We used to have a painter, (who is now deceased), that would not leave a room until it looked perfect and we never had to worry about clean up or protecting our furnishings. Maybe it’s just hard for me to accept the level of work that I got from Holtz after having one of the best painters ever, but if I wanted it to look like amateurs had done the work, I could have done it myself or just left it as it was. After we get the cracks properly repaired I intend to repaint it myself.

Description of Work
Repairing cracks in plaster ceilings and walls in 3 bedrooms, hall, vestibule and living room.

04/10/2015

Randy N.

It was great. They came highly recommended from very credible sources. They exceeded expectations.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

10/15/2014

Erin S.

It went very well. The installer was very professional and friendly. He was on time and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Installed Wallpaper in our half bath.

Category wallpaper,interior painters

07/04/2014

Charles L.

Outstanding. On time and professional service.

Description of Work
Painting - interior and exterior

05/27/2014

Louise B.

Very well. They were very professional and paid particular attention to the details. They cleaned up each day and left the house and yard better than they found it. They were expensive, but that seems to be the price for getting things done well.

Description of Work
Outside painting.

10/21/2013

John W.

Great!

Description of Work
Wallpaper repairs

Category wallpaper

09/19/2013

Karen W.

The experience began with the bidding process. Each of my concerns and requirements was addressed. A team of three professional painters worked on my home for over a week. The home is 2.5 stories - mostly frame. They were unfailingly professional and courteous, which made the experience positive. They listened and answered each of my concerns. The job was well done, the service level was outstanding, the small courtesies countless. They cleaned everything up each day and planned the work so that doors and windows could be closed and locked before evening. One the last day, they cleaned all of the windows so they looked better than before they started! I would not hesitate to hire H J Holtz again. If you hire them, prepare to be delighted.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of residence and garden house. Primarily frame construction

Category house painters

01/01/2013

Thomas N.

The workmen came promptly in the morning and completed the work within a day. The work was done very professionally. Excellent sanding and prep work to make the walls smooth before painting. Aside from a few minor points the paint job was perfect.

Description of Work
Holtz primed and painted a half bath/powder room. They removed the existing fixtures and replaced them with ones we purchased.

07/24/2012

Marshall W.

They do a great job. First class work. Extremely neat. You can find cheaper painters, but not better painters.

Description of Work
Repaired some damage I had from leaks and painted several areas.

08/03/2011

Marshall W.

I have used them many times and they are very professional. They come at the earliest to give a quote and stick to the same, even after the job is done. They do a quality job and are reasonably priced. They clean up very well after the entire process. I like their services and will use the same in future.

Description of Work
I used the services of H J Holtz & Sons Papering for interior painting, which started 2 weeks ago and the work is still ongoing.

Kikou, LLC

Designer Walls by KIKOU is a family team or installers. We specialize in wall paper installation and are known for our meticulous attention to details. We never cut corners and we complete every job professionally, timely, and colorfully. Our goal is customer satisfaction! We know how important the job is. The walls in our home play a large role in our daily moods. Create a new look and feel in your home today by adding a hint of spice. Call us at 202-985-8044 or message us today to inquire about our services.

Offers by Kikou, LLC on Angi
    MIGUEL TORRES CONTRACTING CO.

OWNER-OPERATED. USES SUBS FOR LARGE JOBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. LICENSE #-2705-072931. ASK ABOUT ANGIES LIST DISCOUNT.

B Lilly Custom Painting LLC

B. Lilly was founded in august of 2006 & is owned and operated by Brent Lilly. We are located in Richmond, VA, have 15 years of experience, and will always take the time to ensure a job well done and will provide top-quality interior painting services. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. May contact through email (blilly@blillypainting.com), call or text (804) 334-8204

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Interior & exterior painting.