GARBERS OF RICHMOND INC

Richmond, VA 23223

FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED. CLASS A CONTRACTOR'S LICENSE #2701-016325A

JOYCE H.
02/28/2007
This was a lightening fast visit. The door was working fine when the worker arrived, which made me feel sorta dumb, but gave him very little to do. He could've at least done some service/maintenance without me having to ask. He was just going to leave. I didn't see him do anything that looked like he was resetting the sensitivity or doing any maintenance. He left me a report card to rate the service & mail in with my check. One choice on the card asked if I'd like someone from Garber's to contact me. I indicated yes, but no one ever did. This was in Oct. 2006. It is now Feb. 2007. In the past, I'd contacted another company (Overhead Doors) for a garage door repair, and they did a whole system servicing as part of the visit, no extra charge ($80). Should have called them this time, but just pulled out yellow pages and started calling companies I heard of before to see who could come same day.
Description of Work
Garage door would not open all the way; happened all of a sudden. No prior problem. I did trouble-shooting myself based on my owner's manual. Still wouldn't work. Called Garber's, got their name from phone book. When Garber's guy came out, the door worked fine right off the bat without him doing anything. Then he said he would reset the sensitivity, which I guess he did. I asked if he could also sort of "tune up" the door, oil some things, etc., while he was there, since he'd had nothing to repair really and I was going to be charged for the visit. I went inside the house very briefly, and when I came back out, he was done. Seemed like he didn't have enough time to do anything.
08/24/2006
They showed up to assess the situation and they determined it was the control mechanism that was bad, but it would have to be ordered so we had to wait an extra day to complete the two hour job. They got the part in and the door was fixed and it was good as new. They did a great job on it.
Description of Work
They replaced the control mechanism for raising and lowering the garage door.
08/22/2006
Our garage doors were just getting rather sticky, so we called Garber's to come take a look. He diagnosed the problem right away and lubricated the doors, which took about an hour. Everything's working fine now.
Description of Work
Garber's needed to lubricate a spool on our garage doors.
JIM W.
08/22/2006
I would use them again if I was in a pinch, but I would probably shop around if I could. I just wasn't impressed with the two guys that they sent out. They seemed to fumble around trying to figure out what they were doing. They didn't appear to be very experienced, but they did finally get it fixed. Our old sensors went bad and wouldn't let the door close properly. We still have had some issues with the door opener working right so that's another factor as well.
Description of Work
They replaced the safety sensors on my 2 car overhead door.

Williamson Best Garage Doors

Precision Garage Door

Sales, service and installation of garage doors, and garage door openers. Same day and 24-hour emergency service available. With the highest quality garage door parts available in the door industry, Precision Door is your right choice. Our garage door technicians are trained to diagnose and fix all kinds of garage door and garage door opener issues. We realize that your time is valuable and we want to make getting your door fixed as easy as possible for you. We know your doors are an important visual and useful aspect of your home. In many cases, the garage door is used more than the front door so we understand the inconvenience caused when it's not working. Precision Door Services of Richmond offers same day, 24/7 emergency service. Our fully stocked trucks and certified technicians are ready to help. We believe in our products so much, we offer a limited lifetime warranty on many of our parts and services. Ask us for details. We take pride in hiring technicians that are professional, courteous, and on-time. Precision Door Service of Richmond is locally owned and operated. Specializing in garage door repair and garage door replacement. Like most service companies, we charge a service call fee but also offer coupons. We do not charge extra for evening, weekend and emergency calls. Award winning products and service!

A1 Door Company

A-1 Door Company is a family-owned and operated garage door company that services Richmond, VA, Chesterfield, VA & the surrounding Tri-Cities areas specializing in residential and commercial garage door repair, installation and servicing. Our licensed and insured service technicians bring a combined experience of over 200 years to our team. We take great pride in our friendly, honest, reliable service and we appreciate the relationships we’ve created with our customers. Call one of our experts today or send us an e-mail and we will be happy to stop by for a free, no obligation estimate.

SALES, SERVICE AND INSTALLATION OF RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL UPWARD-ACTING DOORS OF ALL TYPES. WE ALSO SERVICE AND SELL LOADING DOCK BUMPERS, SEALS AND LEVELERS.