Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc.

Founded 1992 • With Angi since February 2014

Virginia
Virginia: Contractors
05/31/2023

7411 Iron Bridge Rd

Richmond, VA 23237

www.commonwealthenvironmental.com

Since 1992, Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. has offered environmental testing, assessment and consulting services in Virginia and the surrounding southeastern states. These services have been completed for a wide range of retail, development, financial, commercial, legal, industrial, agricultural and residential clients. We are members of BBB and NFIB. Licensed & Insured....

radon mitigation (16)mold removal (4)

01/13/2021

Curtis S.

The test and follow up went very well. The tech explained the results and is forwarding me documentation.

Description of Work
Radon test

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

08/09/2020

Dorothy L.

Excellent Waiting on response from office or property manager.

Description of Work
Mold testing

Work Completed On 08/09/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I hope the project moves smoothly from here on out. Take care. Kelly

05/29/2019

Joanne B.

During home inspection on the house we are selling, radon tested above acceptable level. Commonwealth provided an estimate of work to be done and cost. They retested, determined it needed mitigation, drilled a neat hole in basement floor, installed pipe that led to outside, fan, arranged for electrician, retested, and provided report - levels very good.

Description of Work
Radon testing, mitigation, and retesting.

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

04/18/2018

Moses C.

Crawl space looks beautiful and the Radon levels are well below EPA specifications.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation in homes crawl space.

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

04/12/2018

Betsy L.

It went well. He stated that I could do the job myself.

Description of Work
I just needed a free consultation about possible asbestos siding removal

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

Good Morning Ms. [Member Name Removed], I see from your review that you asked for a consultation in regards to asbestos siding removal. Our company only performs asbestos testing and monitoring. We do not remove asbestos containing products such as siding. We hope you were able to find a contractor to help you with your project. If you need assistance in finding a contractor, please let us know. Sincerely, Amy Frick, PE

11/06/2017

Michelli M.

CEA was excellent! From initially speaking with Fred Mayes and working with Sam Hull, the whole process was very smooth. They put my mind at ease and were meticulous in planning and executing the install. My system had to navigate four finished floors from the basement to the roof and they did an excellent job installing it and minimizing the obtrusiveness of the vent pipe. In the end they clearly demonstrated that the system was working and effectively solve three issues (Radon, excessive humidity and ejection well odor). Nice work guys! Thanks!!

Description of Work
CEA designed and installed Radon Mitigation System.

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

06/15/2017

Ryan H.

Every aspect of the work and the services performed were great

Description of Work
Abandonment of an underground storage tank for fuel oil

Category

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

09/30/2016

David B.

I own a gym and spinal cord recovery center. We had severe roof leaks last winter and spring and several of my clients expressed concern about mold exposure. I chose to have this testing done in order to either remove mold or reassure my clients as to their health and safety. As it turned out we are mold free. The report which was given to me was very thorough and Kelly reviewed it with me so that I could explain it to others if questioned. I framed the report and placed it for all to see. This was a very inexpensive and reassuring solution to a valid concern. Jod well done by Commonwealth Environmental Associates!!

Description of Work
Kelly took air and physical samples at multiple locations within my building. She explained where mold may develop and why she chose the locations for sampling that she did. Her knowledge and explanation gave me confidence in the test results

Work Completed On 05/04/2016

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and your staff. If you ever have questions don't hesitate to contact us.

09/23/2016

Christy G.

It was great, Kelly was able to answer all my questions including The Crazy Ones. She was very informative on time and very professional. I would work with her again we had great repore.. I have referred her to of my friends and family.

Description of Work
Found a moisture issue in my crawl space, caused by the shower pan leak.

Work Completed On 08/19/2016

Thank you for the kind words. After you get your crawl space subfloor repaired let me know and I'll stop by for a visual and moisture evaluation.

07/14/2016

Kara B.

We had a great experience with Commonwealth! They were very professional, detailed oriented and prompt. We weren't familiar with the details of mold reports and Kelly was extremely helpful in explaining the process and the results. They don't have any "skin in the game" to find mold, meaning they don't contract out any remediation work. That made me feel extra comfortable using them! I look forward to using them again, should I ever need any mold testing done.

Description of Work
Tested for mold in all areas of a residential home, both interior and exterior; took various samples; provided detailed report and follow up

Work Completed On 05/30/2016

Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you. Feel free to contact us with any questions.

If we cannot assist you with your environmental needs, we more than likely will know someone who can help you. Please give us a call and we will do what we can to assist you.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, American Express

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc.

How is Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. overall rated?

Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. open?

Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. provide

Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, American Express

Does Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc.?

No, Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. offer?

Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. offers the following services: Asbestos Inspections, Radon Testing & Mitigation, Heating Oil Tank Services (Inspections, Closure & Removal), Indoor Air Quality, Mold Testing & Remediation Protocol, Lead Paint Testing, Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments, Cathodic Protection Testing, Groundwater Testing / Investigations, and Well Bacterial Testing.

Are there any services Commonwealth Environmental Associates, Inc. does not offer?