Capital City Power Washing

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2006

4.4

480 Hylton Road Suite D

Richmond, VA 23238

Capital City Powerwashing has been providing exceptional value and quality residential and commercial pressure washing services throughout the greater Richmond Virginia and surrounding areas for over 10 years. Based in Richmond, Virginia, Capital City Powerwashing perform a wide spectrum of residential and commercial powerwashing services. We treat your home or commercial property as if it were our own. Capital City Powerwashing is continuously committed to maintaining the highest level of client satisfaction in the exterior cleaning industry. Developing relationships with our customers, and understanding their needs allow us to provide the highest quality services at competitive and value based prices. Capital City Powerwashing specializes in the cleaning of Roofs, Houses, Decks and Aggregate Driveways....

01/28/2021

Rich L.

The job went fine. They showed up when they said they would. They got up on the roof and cleaned out the gutters (as far as I could tell). They charged what they said they would and I thought it was a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleanining

Category gutter cleaning

08/18/2017

John W.

I called Power City due to an an email ad through Angies List. I also wanted my deck washed and was told someone would come out to look at the deck and then tell me what the additional cost would be. I was also told I would be called in no less than two days and would receive an email verification. After 3 days I had not heard from them or received an email. I called left a message and told them to call me as soon as possible. I never heard from them.

Description of Work
Pressure Washing of Home

02/21/2017

Jeff H.

Wow. Very responsive. Understood my needs. Gave me a fair price. Showed up on time. Did EXCELLENT work. Followed up to make sure everything is perfect. What a professional firm! I can't say enough good about them.

Description of Work
They painted a gazebo and a back porch

Category house painters

06/06/2016

Clif G.

The assigned worker did a great job. Very polite, professional. Stopped and made sure we wanted the siding enclosed by the screen porch cleaned before proceeding. Very methodical & thorough. Used care pulling the hoses around mulch & bushes. I don?t see where he missed a spot anywhere. Everything looks great. Zero complaints.

Description of Work
Exterior pressure wash of house. Brick & vinyl cleaning.

04/18/2016

Roy G.

They performed above my expectations ... Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Power washed entire house

03/20/2016

David M.

Perfect. I have used them three times now and each time was simply outstanding. They do what they say they will do and they are a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Moved my daughter from her home to a new home. Great service!

01/13/2016

Maria M.

Looking forward to them doing the work as I'm sure we will be satisfied.

Description of Work
Followed up with us and advised that the work was delayed due to the weather but not to worry as we are on the schedule and they will not forget us.

08/25/2015

Eugena S.

Not well and I would not use them again

Description of Work
Power washed the house but there were several spots that were not cleaned and it was streaky.

08/03/2015

Jacquelin H.

I was very pleased. They did a good job. I can't remember exactly what it was that they charged but it was what it was agreed with Angie's list, in other words they didn't go over with it, they said they were going to charge.

Description of Work
They power washed my house and it was a large house. They were out like two months ago.

06/15/2015

David M.

Excellent work and we were very pleased with the company as a whole. The workers showed up on time and did what they said they would do. The deck looks great.

Description of Work
Power wash and stain the deck

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

05/08/2015

Timothy D.

After I purchased a deal with them for deck restoration, I spoke with the company to ask if they would just pressure wash my concrete patio slab instead. They told me that they could not honor the deal for that work, so I asked them to send me a quoted for the work. They never got back to me with the figure.

Category deck cleaning

01/11/2015

Chanin G.

To be fair, I was in a time crunch when I hired Capital City Powerwashing to do some interior home painting. They were able to show up for work the week after I hired them. I have learned my lesson, though, and now know it is always going to be better to wait for quality work even if it messes up the rest of my project schedule. Typically, I do my own painting work, but we had so much to do in a short time that I thought it would be better to hire some of it. The estimator was quite likable and seemed to know what he was talking about when we walked around the house discussing the patching of cracks and the smoothing of a textured ceiling. Honestly, I felt pretty confident after talking to him. However, he was not the one completing the work. I never met the crew until they showed up the first day of work. I was desperately trying not to be one of those annoying clients who hangs around and checks up on what is being done, so I didn't complain when I quickly saw things were not going to be done well. That was a mistake because the delay just made things worse. First, the guys who showed up didn't really have the correct tools for patching plaster. You have to have wider spreaders if you want things to be at all smooth when you are finished. Second, I'm not sure they knew the meaning of the word smooth. Dabbing mud on in a gloppy format is not good progress toward smoothness. I still held out hope that maybe they would sand it all off, but no. Before they could have possibly had time to do a nice job, they were packing up to leave with a coat of paint already spread over the terrible patches! At that point, I decided to send them away without letting them make the job even worse. To cut them loose, I offered to pay half the original agreed price and let them go. I think I now know why the company was so agreeable to this. I shouldn't have paid anything at all. I really didn't yet realize how bad the job was. The realization has sunk in as we have gone behind to do our own work and watched things already start cracking and stains bleeding through their job. Fortunately, I was able to hire the company I should have waited on in the first place to fix a couple of the really bad ceiling patch jobs. It CAN be done nicely, even going behind really bad work. It has only been 3 months since Capital City painted, but it won't be long before I have to dig in and redo more of what they did.

Description of Work
Patch & paint ceilings, smooth textured ceiling.

01/09/2015

catherine H.

They blew out my cable and blew my electric box which was outside my house. My outlets didn't work after they were gone. It wasn't the best experience. I was inside when they were doing it and I was watching TV and also the TV went out. They looked at me and they knew exactly what it was so why are they spraying the box. I have to have Verizon to replace the box and get an electrician too. I won't use them again. They were even late and I have to keep calling them during the day.

Description of Work
I've used the big deal of Capital City Power Washing.

12/16/2014

John M.

When the company contacted me they let me know I could not get the service for over a month. When I asked if they would be able to clean the roof in the middle of the winter with snow and the cold, they said it would be difficult for them to complete at that time.

Description of Work

Category pressure washing, roof cleaning

11/12/2014

LEW S.

Some difficulty getting started, but the job that was done was, was expertly done. They took care in removing our personal items, so to avoid damage . Would hire them again and recommend to family and friends.

Description of Work
Pressure washed exterior of home

10/26/2014

Carolyn J.

The provider rescheduled several times alledgedly due to weather; however, I don't see why they couldn't powerwash a wet deck. We thought that deck restoration would entail some staining and sealing. We thought their offer for $199 entitled "Deck Restoration" was misleading and that $199 was too expensive for what we got.

Description of Work
Powerwashed 12x12 deck.

10/24/2014

Patricia L.

I've been patient with this company but I'm done dealing with them. Very unprofessional. If they don't want your business, they should be honest and say so. I'm willing to pay promptly for competent, reliable service

Description of Work
This company has an on going problem with showing up for scheduled appointments. Was rescheduled 3x for house power washing in the summer. Understanding how weather can impact their schedule, I was more than willing to cooperate. When they did show up, their visit was short. I walked out the front door to find the entire porch; columns and siding had been sprayed but was extremely dirty. I searched for the crew but they had left the premises. I immediately called and politely informed the young man my front porch was dirty, to my surprise, I got "attitude", he wanted to know what was so dirty, as if I was exaggerating. I told him, I'll text you pictures, and you can see for yourself. I received an apologetic call back, and they returned the following Monday and did a good job. Six weeks ago, I scheduled this company again to power wash my retaining wall. I was told they would be out the next day. No show. We waited a week to hear from the company, no contact. I called and they said the weather set them back. I was rescheduled for 1 week later, on that day, they called and said they had to reschedule "AGAIN" for Friday,Oct 24. I called this morning to confirm today's appointment, I told her who I was and her response was, "Oh this weather, and then she proceeded to say I was not scheduled for today, that I have been rescheduled for next Thursday. REALLY?

Category decks, landscaping, deck cleaning, pressure washing, hardscaping

10/15/2014

Crystan S.

It went very well they power washed the deck and once the weather permitted came early in the morning to stain and seal it. Everyone I encountered was very professional and helpful. The work was excellent and it looks like we have a brand new deck! I would definitely use the service again or recommend to a friend.

Description of Work
Powerwashed then stained and sealed deck.

09/17/2014

LINDA C.

They did an excellent job, but then charged more than the estimated price. There seems to have been a misunderstanding about whether they should have finished the inside of the screened porch. I assumed they would because they power washed it. It was done well but I was charged more because that was not included in the estimate.

Description of Work
Power washed my deck and screened porch, let it dry, then came back and applied a stain/finish.

08/11/2014

Deion C.

Although the power wash crew was very polite and pleasant, the employee who stained the deck was very unprofessional. He did not announce himself when he came on the property; he also smoked and worked with his shirt off. The deck had to be touched up twice before the job was satisfactory. Owner was very apologetic, but his workers could be better trained in customer service and business etiquette.

Description of Work
Power wash house and deck; stain deck with oil-based stain.

07/04/2014

Justin G.

It went fine, just realized that my deck was much larger than them max square footage after the deal was purchased and after getting quote for the entire deck.

Category deck cleaning

04/18/2014

Clive F.

Excellent owner. Laborer's so so - lack of attention to detail.

Description of Work
Deck and furniture stain.

04/04/2014

Glenna H.

The services that I needed weren't covered under the Big Deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal.

Category decks

03/27/2014

Cory P.

That was good. They did a good job and my only complaint was they did not return my furniture to where they started out. They did not place them back a table and some chairs, but everything else was good.

Description of Work
I purchased this Big Deal from this company in 2012 for: $199 for Exterior House & Deck Pressure Washing!

02/26/2014

NAOMI W.

I would recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
They were responsive & professional.