Bruce Landes Surveyor

Founded 1981 • With Angi since September 2010

8014 Midlothian Tpke ''' MD: 267 Kentlands Boulevard Suite #5058 '''

Richmond, VA 23235

Residential, commercial, ALTA, boundary, location, fencing, elevation certificate, topographical surveys. Bruce Landes Surveyor environmental land surveyors and planners, has over 35 years of experience in the land surveying industry. Please call today for a free estimate.

03/14/2022

Tenecia M.

GREAT, I was truly impressed, the guys were professional and determined to get accurate markings. The didn't mind answering my 'yellow book for dummy' questions and making sure I knew what was happening during the entire process. GREAT JOB TEAM LANDES!!!

Description of Work
survey - field work

08/31/2020

Namha E.

Crooks and charlatans! BEWARE! We needed to have our property boundaries marked in preparation for a new fence. Was told by email that I would be contacted within 3-10 days after signing contract (signed on Aug 18) to arrange for a crew to come out onsite. I waited, no email, no phone call, nothing. So I reached back out via phone on Aug 24th for an update. No one answered, so I left a voice message. I did not realize my fence contractor hired a surveyor on his own so when my contractor's surveyor showed up on the 25th I assumed it was Bruce Landes Surveyor...I thought it was weird that they didn't call first, but I figured, maybe it was because I left a voice message the day before. Only after about 30 minutes of talking to the surveyor did it dawn on me, that he was hired by my contractor. So I called Bruce Landes (no one picked up again) and left another message. I then emailed them and explained the situation and asked to cancel my contract and get a refund of my $600 deposit. About an hour later, I get an invoice by email for $600 with no note or explanation. The invoice indicates it's for "Services rendered" including "calculations, office hours, courthouse deed research, copies, printing, dispatching field crew to site"....all came up to a neat $600. I responded to the email requesting an explanation as the Surveror's email did not indicate any cancellation or refund. And I was confused as I didn't think any work had started because no one had called me from this company and no one had shown up, EVER. I got a terse response saying because they had rendered services, no refund would be possible. I of course emailed back, asking for clarification as to what services had already been rendered? I've not received any copies, calculations, break down or results of any courthouse research and no one has ever come to my house. I've offered to pay for whatever work has already been done if I can see documentation of such. But I have not received any response since my last email on the 25th.

Description of Work
Property Survey

Category fencing

04/14/2020

Michael S.

Bruce and his team did a great job with the survey for our yard! Bruce was quick to respond and prompt to schedule. They were professional and efficient with the survey. The survey was in preparation for a backyard fence. The fencing company even commented on what a good job the survey team did. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Description of Work
Property boundary survey

Category fencing, land surveyor

02/06/2020

Michael K.

Bruce Landes Surveyor and his people did a great job. Rachael, in the office was especially helpful. I needed a job rushed for a real estate closing and they had a surveyor come out on a Sunday to help me meet my deadline. Very responsive and professional group.

Description of Work
Property Survey

09/26/2019

Achamma C.

Well. they were courteous, timely and answered my questions

Description of Work
Survey of property

04/19/2019

Roger C.

Bruce Landes was very polite and professional and did an excellent job. I asked that the job be done quickly and they were able to accommodate my time schedule.

Description of Work
Did a property survey of our residential property in Washington, DC.

10/22/2018

John G.

We asked if they could get the survey done as soon as. They showed up on a Saturday afternoon and worked for a few hours into the twilight. Our survey was completed and sent to us by Monday afternoon. Their two employees were very friendly and helpful in explaining what they were doing. I would hire them again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Survey of our property

10/12/2018

Tom B.

We selected another surveyor based on location, price, and reviews but I think we would have been happy with either.

Description of Work
We asked for a quote for a survey to establish the boundary for a fence installation. Their reply was prompt and the most professional of any that we received. They offerd us options (that other surveyors did not) geared towards making sure that we were not buying a more expensive job than we needed. Their quote was 'within the range' and was neither the highest nor the lowest that we received..

09/05/2018

Carol B.

They did a fabulous job. Very thorough and professional. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Land property lines marked off for a fence installation

08/18/2018

Richard F.

Still waiting for additional quotes to make my decision. They were quick to respond and follow up. I haven't made my decision to use them yet but appreciate there professionalism

Description of Work
survey property

12/05/2017

Mac O.

Bruce's initial team was a bit spotty and had to come back several times, then Bruce (and his wife) stepped in to finish the job and did a very careful, thorough job, adjusting lines to suit abutting neighbor, redrew platt and wrote covering letter with excellent advice on how to proceed with filing new deed. It all involved extra work but they stuck to their very reasonable price. Bruce is personable, delight to work with and we'd highly recommend his firm for any future survey work.

Description of Work
New, revised property line survey to be adjusted for new fence line and agreement with neighbor.

10/04/2017

Carol B.

Very professional job. I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
I needed a stake out for a fence. The surveyors were very knowledgeable and worked diligently for several hours to get the job done.

07/17/2017

Richard P.

As you can see from my history here on Angie's List, I do an exceptional job singing the praises of contractors on Angie's List. However, I am unable to provide that service to Bruce Landes Surveyor, as he could not take the order. Do not call near or at closing, as Bruce is watching the clock and cannot answer basic questions. We determined I needed a land survey, but he was unable to take the order. It was very unfortunate. Rich Peterson 10609 Meadowhill Rd Silver Spring, MD 20901 (301) 592-0202 Email: rich@recruitcom.com

Description of Work
Survey of Single Family home in Silver Spring, Maryland.

Category land surveyor

Member is not a client ,I Bruce Landes was ready to walk out the door to meeting and important errands time dependent before 5:30 to 6pm closing took call from Mr [Member Name Removed] at 5pm discussed his use of tax maps as boundary survey and his neighbor placing chicken wire fence . Mr. [Member Name Removed] asked if it was a" bad time" I informed him that it was after 5 and I had to leave ,he seemed perturbed . He is welcome to call back to discuss issues.

06/24/2017

Myrna G.

They got our here quicker than I thought they would. I thought it was a fair price.

Description of Work
They did my land survey.

05/23/2017

Czarlite R.

Chris called the day after my internet request and quoted a price that was significantly lower than some other competitors and slightly lower than the lowest price I was quoted. Chris was professional and courteous. I went with them and David arrived a few days later with another gentleman to do the survey. They were also friendly and informative. They took 2 visits to complete their work and my property lines were marked and flagged. They did some math magic in their office and Bruce Landes called me to explain the final results and Emailed me a .pdf of the property. I am very pleased with their helpfulness and their work.

Description of Work
I wanted a fence built on my property and the builders requested a plat and a boundary survey. my property is 9000 sq ft in Silver Spring.

05/22/2017

George M.

They were excellent!! Great communication, precise work done in a timely manner. I would DEFINITELY recommend them. Thanks!

Description of Work
Planning on having work done and needed a survey and plat.

05/11/2015

Genevieve L.

Went great. Had to be broken up across two days as they arrived in the afternoon, and I got bumped to the next week. ALL the phone numbers up there are wrong, though! Correct number: 804-327-0333

Description of Work
Plat + boundary survey, with intermediate markers

10/27/2014

Cathie R.

It went well. They put in intermediate markers which not all companies do. I had this done officially so that I could fence my yard and be sure I was within my boundaries. They shared information about distance within boundaries where homeowners generally place their fences.

Description of Work
Found the existing buried property markers. Measured property and provided me with a plat.

06/06/2014

Joe & Racine D.

This is a excellent company! Great price & great work!! We contacted three Angie's List surveyors for free estimates for our project and Bruce Landes Surveyors offered us the best rate, and Office Manager Mike Jamison provided detailed information on how the survey process would work. We also spoke directly to company founder, Bruce Landes, who gave us his cellphone number and encouraged us to call if we ever had questions or concerns. He even agreed to schedule the field survey for he very next week, to accomodate our vacation schedule. Once the work order was signed and faxed, surveyors Chris and Joan and their high-tech surveying equipment were on sight at our home the morning of Wed., May 21st. The day started off rainy and a little cool but the pair marshaled on with their work. They were soon joined by an Angie's List landscaping crew that were tasked with clearing brush and trees from our backyard, plus trimming our front lawn tree. No problem...Chris and Joan worked around them, and vice versa. The whole busy scene attracted curious onlookers and a few neighbors who left with provider busy cards. Chris & Joan used coded yellow caps, and bright pink ribbons to mark the boundaries of our property, including the required easement footage. On June 3, Mike Jamison emailed us a PDF version of our new survey plat that clearly marked the existing fencing--which we now know is all on our property. Mike placed 5 original plats in the mail that very same day. That mail arrived at our house on June 5th, along with our final bill, which has been paid. Great folks. Great work!

Description of Work
We hired Bruce Landes Surveyor to conduct a field survey of our property, including producing new survey plats. We are installing new fencing and wanted to be accurate about our property boundaries and determine ownership of the existing, backyard chain-linked fence.

04/28/2014

Austin R.

Went great, they did the survey while we were at work. 1 week later we received the paperwork in a packet in the mail. Very pleased with the whole process although I thought the price was a bit steep.

Description of Work
Marked the property corners and provided a professional packet of one laminated platt and several copies of the platt.

02/19/2014

Jack P.

It went very well. The survey crew showed up when they were supposed to and introduced themselves. They were very professional and completed their work quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Provided a boundary survey for a fence and a drawing of the entire property.

03/26/2013

Kathy M.

It went well from setting dates for service through completion of service. They arrived early to my home and seemed unhurried and complete in their work ethic. I was glad I as home to speak to them, but they could have done the work w/o my presence.

Description of Work
I contacted the surveyor at their local Mount Airy, MD number. They required I set-up my service through their central number (but they were very nice about it). They came and competed the survey work within 24 hours. The two men were efficient and genial. They spoke to me about a couple of discrepancies, staked and noted all locations. I was very pleased with the service they provided.

08/13/2012

Ashley T.

I was very pleased from start to finish with Bruce and his team. I called a few different surveyors in the area and all were super expensive for what we needed to have done (a simple survey of our property line). I called Bruce Landes Tuesday and they told me it would be $495 for the survey and $200 to have a plat drawn. 2 days later Bruce showed up and completed the survey in a couple of hours. Monday morning he sent me the drawn plat and invoice. Bruce and his wife could not have been friendlier or more professional. I would highly recommend them to anyone and will use them again if I ever need another survey completed.

Description of Work
Completed a physical survey of our property

04/20/2012

Judy W.

I spoke to Bruce on the phone - he was very courteous - on a Tuesday. Surveyors showed up the following Monday late afternoon. We now have clear boundary demarcations on our property.

Description of Work
Land survey and marked the property with red flags and stakes.

04/06/2012

Ayako W.

I initially talked to Bruce and he gave me a quote over the phone which was much much lower than the quotes I got from elsewhere. After that, I mostly delt with Mike in the office for placing a work order, making payment, making appintments, and he was very responsive and professional. The crew came out to do the survey the following week and they did exactly what I expected them to do. I was looking for a land surveyor who is certified and can do a job quickly at a reasonable price. And they provided exactly what I was looking for.

Description of Work
We needed our property corners marked for a new fence. It was either placing new metal stakes at four corners or finding existing stakes and ensuring that they are accurate. There were already stakes existing, so they found them using a metal detector and ensured that they are accurately placed.

DanDale Fence

here are dozens of fence companies out there, so why would anyone choose us over them? We have come to find out that many customers who have used contractors typically have bad to average customer service. Our goal at DanDale is to provide exceptional customer service! From the day we give our presentation to the day we fulfill the contract, we work to provide a great experience for you so that when your friends ask about us, then you’re glad to share your experience. Our focus is to work as a team. When our crews work with you, we encourage one another to work together to take care of our customers. We are transparent with the quality of materials, timing, and meeting your expectations as best as possible.

Award 2022
    Offers by DanDale Fence on Angi
    Dubon Fencing & Polish Concrete LLC

Dubon Fencing provides many different types of fence styles. From a privacy wood fence to vinyl, aluminum, chain link, and wire mesh fence. We’ve got you covered.

Good Neighbor Fence Inc

Additional phone - (804) 901-7380. Family owned & operated. Good Neighbor Fence Inc. was established 9 years ago by owner Shane Lacks, who has had several years of fencing experience. As the owner, Shane will oversee every job, review every contract, and contact every customer personally after completion. Also services portions of Fredericksburg City.

Maryland
    Maryland: General

Land, topographical, boundary & alta surveys, elevation certificates, construction stakeout, utility location & commercial lot surveys, flood surveying, flood certificate.

n/a