AAPCO LLC

Founded 1969 • With Angi since April 2012

3.9

6710 Jefferson Davis Hwy

Richmond, VA 23237

The mission of AAPCO, LC and its affiliated companies is to provide the finest quality home improvement products, installation, and service to our customers at an affordable price through the teamwork of our employees and agents. -- Additional DBA - Associated Aluminum Products Co. --

07/01/2021

steve G.

Salesman was slick,stated panels would absorb 50% of our energy needs, further that I can have a 1 time panel removal for roofing replacement, my monthly electric bill has increased by $125 minimum due to monthly finance charges, further,now they want 6k to remove panels for new roof. There dishonest, and at best intentionally misleading clients .23k worth of nothing.

Description of Work
Solar panels installed

Category decks, solar panels

03/10/2021

Mary S.

We heard them come in and never heard them again. We went out to check and everything was installed and cleaned up like nothing was done. Great job. The salesman, Paul Atkinson, was super in explaining everything. Eddie and Mary Sparkman

Description of Work
The exterior back door and frame leading into garage.

Category decks, doors

01/15/2021

Katherine G.

The rep REFUSED to schedule an appointment because my husband wasn't available to meet with them. HELLO 1950! Even though I explained my husband doesn't live here and wasn't a part of this decision, he refused to do business with me on my own. Guess the little ladies of the house aren't smart or responsible enough to make a big scary decision on replacing a roof. How incredibly offensive!

Description of Work
Roof repair/replacement

11/27/2020

Briena H.

The company they sent out to do the roof they had great personalities only one spoke English they left a lot of trash in the gutters from tearing off the old roof left a bunch of nails throughout the yard thank God I had my own magnet because I got a whole bucket of nails out of my yard. the owner of the roofing company stated they were sorry but they can't get all of the nails I should not have picked up that many nails though and I should not have had that much trash in my gutters. Was supposed to have a gutter company come out today at least I was scheduled for one . They never showed I never got a phone call I was told I had to be home all day I have not gotten anywhere with anyone in the company I have called there AAPCO office and I have emailed the general manager. I have yet to get a return phone call I also went on their website and did a chat with one of their so-called customer service reps guess it's just an robo rep. Highly dissatisfied will not recommend to any of my friends family or my own clientele not the way I wanted business to go. No I will not hire this company again for any project. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed that I have wasted a whole day for nothing nobody showed nobody called and cannot get a hold of anyone in the office. Not my fault they scheduled it for Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving I even asked the lady are you sure Friday November 27th they will be at my house she reassured me yes the first Friday after Thanksgiving. not the way customer service should be handled not the way business should be done. But I can guarantee you when payment is due when the job is complete they won't wait for their money but they will make their customers wait on the work to be done

Description of Work
New roof gutters

05/25/2020

Becky W.

The carpenters were incompetent, the materials for the decking was cheap, full of knots, and the inspector failed it 5 times. It finally was passed, but barely, and we complained to everyone--up to the vice president. They came back and did a little more work that was very sketchy, but we were so bummed by the whole experience, that we just told them to stop coming. Unfortunately, we paid for it too soon, and of course they won't give any of our money back. The only positive thing was the actual screen room, which is nice, but the entrances to the room take away from the whole project.

Description of Work
We had a screen room built with 2 decks/stairs

Category decks

We appreciate all of our customers that take the time to post a review. We always strive to address each concern individually. To that extent, we have offered to return to their home and address any concerns this customer may have. However, as of this time, the customer has refused our offer.

04/16/2020

Mary M.

They did an outstanding job. Was on time, quality work and thoroughly cleaned up after themselves as I have small children and pets. After seeing their good work I used them for my rental property to fix gutters. Reliable company.

Description of Work
Gutter guards

Category decks, gutter repair

06/26/2019

Amber B.

Poor customer service from James. When I called back to set up a time for an estimate he ignored me when I said there would only be one of use present. In the past we have had our time wasted by useless and lengthy sales presentations that did not address our needs and went over time. We decided only the decision maker, (me) would need to give up our free time for the estimate. James continued to ignore me and requested we both be present at an inconvenient time. AAPCO demonstrates failure to provide customer service. HIgh pressure marketing tactic is unwelcome.

Description of Work
Quote required inconvenience of both wife and husband

Category home remodeling

03/22/2019

Sidney D.

They are a very good company! I will recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Roofing Service

09/04/2018

Don R.

Aapco's crew did a very good and quick installation of our roof. Cleanup was thorough. I appreciate Aapco doing a follow up on-site inspection to make sure we are satisfied. My expectations were met and I recommend them.

Description of Work
roof replacement

07/25/2017

Fred T.

Called several times and they never responded.

Description of Work
Repair of siding they installed years earlier.

Category siding

07/06/2017

Bill S.

Roof was installed and all debris were removed. No nails were found in yard.

Description of Work
A double layer of shingles were removed a GAF roof was installed.

07/05/2017

James F.

Outstanding and professional service. The crew worked from dawn to dusk until the job was complete. The professional manner was one of the best I have ever seen. If you hire this crew you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Replace roof

06/23/2017

Melinda B.

The AAPCO team from Sales to the installers were commensurate professionals. Small details that others had missed in the past were not missed by the AAPCO team. I only regret not using them for previous projects around my home. Above and beyond my expectations, and they are my standard for contractors.

Description of Work
Replace Roof and Gutters

06/15/2017

Michael B.

SolarTyme did a fantastic job from the time the sales person came out to the completion when the Vice President of the company called to ensure we were happy. SolarTyme makes sure that not only do you get the solar panels installed but they make your home more energy efficient by putting in superior insulation in the attic, upgrading your thermostats if necessary and making the A/C units much more efficient. We also needed help with the HOA and Tim L. made the drive to one of our meetings to assist me in explaining to the HOA board all the benefits, which resulted in rule changes so anyone who wanted Solar could get the panels on their homes. While his is a mid range investment on your home, we are already seeing the benefits!

Description of Work
We had solar panels installed on our home in Hayes, Va.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, solar panels

Terry M.

From estimates to completion the entire process was pretty smooth. Everybody was helpful and friendly. We were contacted throughout the process to make sure everything was ok. We are pleased with the outcome and I would suggest this company to my friends and neighbors with no hesitation.

Description of Work
We had roofing and solar panels installed.

Category roofing, solar panels

Chris M.

It went great! The entire process with AAPCO from start to finish was a breeze. They installed the roof only two weeks after the contract was signed. Everyone was friendly and explained the process for me from start to finish. When they say 100% satisfaction, they mean it. I highly recommend AAPCO.

Description of Work
New roof for a split level home.

Jerry R.

Perfect work

Description of Work
Install new solar panels

10/06/2016

Karen W.

Didn't even get a quote. I was referred to this company through BJ's Home Improvement. Do not use this company unless all homeowners are home for the initial quote. They told me over the phone that was their policy. I told them that my husband was currently working a lot of long days and would not be able to take off from work and that I was going to the decision maker for this job. The woman I spoke with reluctantly said that it would be fine. When the gentleman arrived to do the quote he refused since my husband was not home. What a joke and a waste of time. Either they don't believe a woman is able to make decisions (how 1950's of them) or they have some high pressure sales tactic that requires a decision right then. Either way, no thanks.

Description of Work
I needed an exterior door to my basement replaced.

Category doors

08/22/2016

Sean B.

I liked the product that they provided. This was the first time I used them.

Description of Work
They installed the solar system at my house and they also serviced my H/Vac by adding ice cold in it which is an additive they put into the H/Vac system that's supposed to improve it's performance.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, solar panels

12/25/2015

Stanley Y.

Description of Work
Needed a handle and rollers for a patio slider door that they were the service provider. It took a number of phone calls to the staff before someone helped us. The person that did help was nice and was prompt.

02/12/2014

Karen J.

I would love to have given them A ratings in all areas but there were many glitches in the execution of our project. However, they are relatively new to the solar energy field and I believe that they are working out the "kinks." They were open to suggestions about how their system could work better and by the time that the installation was complete, I was feeling very good about the company. I would highly recommend their product and their installation.

Description of Work
We had a solar system installed by SolarTyme by AAPCO.

Leigh Contracting LLC

We are a general contractor who specialize in remodels bath,kitchen, room, garages, attics as well as fix drainage issues including basement, crawl space and water standing in yard. fixing up a home to sell or have a rental? We provide property maintenance and then over work. 20 years experience in the construction industry.

2022 Super Service Award

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Richmond

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Richmond! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

America's Best Choice of Richmond

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Installation of roofing, remodeling, siding, trim & windows and solar.

ask for details