Temp-A-Tron Inc

Founded 1976 • With Angi since December 2009

241 N 21st St # A

Purcellville, VA 20132

Family owned and operated for over 30 years. Free estimates for new installation & replacement....

04/27/2017

dan F.

That was great but they came back and looked at the heating system last fall. They were excellent.

Description of Work
They replaced our heater and A/C

10/11/2016

Cindy L.

We've been happy with them. We have a contract with them and they come twice a year to check our equipment.

Description of Work
They came and checked our HVAC equipment.

10/11/2016

Cindy L.

They installed the equipment in our house when built it and it's worked well ever since. I would give them an A for installation and for all the maintenance over the years. The price seems fair.

Description of Work
They installed the HVAC equipment.

05/19/2015

Martin H.

The technician was punctual and seemed knowledgeable. He quickly refilled and tested the system to ensure it was functioning properly. He made sure to show me the precise amounts of coolant used to verify charges and logged everything in his work log to track coolant use due to EPA regulations. Very professional, prompt, and courteous. The van he used was a bit dated and beat up, but I judged his work based on what he actually did, not the appearance of his assigned vehicle. I marked price a 'B', which maybe isn't totally fair. The coolant is expensive regardless of contractor due to environmental regulations and age of my current unit. Regardless, it was pretty expensive for such a simple job.

Description of Work
One A/C and heat pump unit was not functioning. The technician determined that the system was leaking. He refilled with coolant and suggested a replacement rather than a repair if the unit fails again. This was due to his ballpark estimate based on experience with similar units that required a major core replacement. For the cost of a repair, a new unit could be installed for only a few hundred dollars extra.

06/03/2014

Hila W.

Mike at Temp-A-Tron is great at diagnostics. He went the extra mile to locate a hard to find part, saved us replacing our furnace.

Description of Work
Did diagnostics on our furnace/air conditioning units and replaced a part

02/05/2014

Bertha T.

I had been very happy with it until it started getting very cold. The technician determined that there was a wiring issue at the time it was manufactured. He corrected it and I have been warm throughout this bitter weather. I would highly recommend geothermal and Temp-A-Tron!

Description of Work
They installed a geothermal system for me in June.

12/29/2013

Patricia B.

New system in old house (replacement).

12/23/2013

Jared C.

Poor Communication: The delivery of the unit was delayed 30+ days after the the dated originally quoted. The company didn't contact me nor return my phone calls in a timely manner. When I wanted to find out the status of anything project related I was forced to drive to the contractor's location and speak to them in person. Poor Workmanship: 1) A baffle connecting the unit to the ductwork was installed backwards, prohibiting airflow to the home's second floor. The contractor never checked this once installation was complete. The error was pointed out to the onsite technician who acknowledged - but never corrected the mistake. 2) Our county performed (and approved) a pressure test on the geo loops prior to permitting unit installation. Less than a year later I find out one loop is loosing pressure. The only explanation is a leak in the equipment (poorly) installed by this contractor. We are having another contractor fix this issue. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE Customer Service: One year after completing the project and cashing all checks with lighning speed - there's been no follow-up from the company. The contractor never offered a service plan and has never follow up. Now that's a great business model.

Description of Work
Procure geothermal heat pump from manufacturer. Install supply and return lines to/from wells. Install 4 ton Waterfurnace unit, including hot water generator.

10/03/2013

Charles Y.

They are very responsive. Their people are professional, pleasant and clean. They are knowledgeable. The only issue I had with them is that they could not fix everything that I asked them to come and fix. It’s either I was descriptive enough when I called them up or the message didn’t get all the way through. They fixed the thing I had in the attic but there was another thing on my furnace that I want them to take a look at. There were 3 things and they fixed 2 out of 3 but they didn’t have the parts for the 3rd. Now, I have to call them back and take another day off and have them fix it which is kind of a drag.

Description of Work
I used Temp-A-Tron to do my furnace and air conditioning services. They fixed a problem that I had in my attic.

09/23/2013

August L.

The technician arrived on time, within the 2-hour window the dispatcher provided the day before. After questioning me on my observations of the A/C's performance he quickly went to the most likely source of the problem--the compressor. He immediately validated that the capacitor associated with the compressor had failed. He replaced with it with a new one and had the A/C running normally within 15 minutes after arriving. During the repair he showed me how to quickly tell that a capacitor failed. I have always used Temp-A-Tron and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Replaced the capacitor on the compressor.

John Nugent & Sons Inc

John Nugent & Sons is Northern Virginia's Air Conditioning, Heating, Plumbing and Electrical Experts. Since 1975, we have been providing residential and commercial services that have helped people reduce their utility costs and increase their home or businesses temperature, plumbing, and electrical efficiency. Whether you need maintenance, repair or replacement, we want to be your heating and cooling service provider in McLean, Arlington, Falls Church, Vienna, Great Falls, Sterling, Ashburn, Reston, Herndon, Chantilly, Centreville, Fairfax, Dulles or anywhere in the surrounding areas. Additional phone number - (703) 291-1926.

Offers by John Nugent & Sons Inc on Angi
    ATLAS LC, Heating & Air Conditioning

Atlas L.C. Heating and Air Conditioning has been designing and installing Geothermal and custom Heating and Air Conditioning systems since 1986. We offer a wide verity of affordable heat pumps, air conditioners, hybrid geothermal heat pumps, gas furnaces and custom controls to provide maximum comfort and efficiency.

McCrea Heating & Air Conditioning Services of VA

McCrea is a family owned business that has served our area since 1936. Financing and rebates are available on Trane systems installed by McCrea. Resistrictions apply and these are limited time offers call for details. "Its hard to stop a Trane"

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

HVAC services, service contracts, new installations & replacements, air conditioners, heat pumps, gas & oil furnaces, custom ductwork, filters, air purifiers & geo-thermal.

Plumbing and air duct cleaning.