C & R Custom Framing CLASS A Builders

Founded 1999 • With Angi since September 2013

4428 Shepherds Road

Partlow, VA 22534

We offer QUALITY custom building at a fair price. Honest and reliable help that provides a service to you in a decent timeframe with great communication. We offer a wide variety of home improvement services. We take pride in our quality craftsmanship on each and every job.

10/30/2019

Belinda L.

I called and spoke to Ray on October 11th and briefly described the work I want completed. He asked me to send him an email. I sent the email the same day we spoke. Today is October 30th and he has not responded to my email.

Description of Work
Frame, and drywall 2 basement rooms

Category picture framing, garage builders

07/20/2017

Kevin C.

Great. They actually showed up a little early and got the work done faster than I would have expected. Ray listened to what I wanted as far as design went and was very flexible when it came to using materials I already had to save some money. He did a great job. Very happy with the work.

Description of Work
I hired them to build a 12x20 garage.

06/24/2017

Karen M.

It was very discouraging to try to interact with the company's representative. After I received email telling me that the company does not perform electrical work, I asked them to proceed: Company, June 8: Thank you again. I can easily price this our (sic) for you however, we do not do electrical or painting. Please let me know if you would like for me to proceed? Me, June 8: Yes, please proceed. I will try to get separate quotes for painting and electrical jobs, if I can locate contractors. Appreciate your help! I heard nothing until the following emails: Me, June 23: Please respond to my emails, thanks. If your company can't be bothered with potential customers, I'd appreciate knowing that as well, so I don't waste my time. Thanks. Company, June 23: Thank you for the input. We definantly are blessed with the work load. We don’t typically do the type of work that you requested an estimate for. We certainly are able to do it but framing is our general field. I apologize for you feeling put off. I think it just kept getting buried with pricing questions. Please know we don’t run business like that. So we are clear I am not able to bid the job partially as I thought I could. My bottomline: I was strung along with assurances that the work could be quoted/performed and then just dropped. So if you don't get a response, you're not alone. I have the actual email correspondence from which the quotes were taken, if there are any questions. Very disappointed.

Description of Work
In May, I asked repeatedly for a quote for work, after receiving assurances that the work could be done sometime in July, on the following: Frame in a room by adding two partitions (floor to ceiling), approximately 8x10' in NE corner of garage (picture attached), using pressure treated 2x4' plate against concrete floor, 2x4' wall framing (16" OC) . Insulate new walls with R-13 batt insulation. Hang and finish 1/2" sheet rock on both sides of two new walls. Install one 32" prehung exterior fiberglass entry door on short wall and trim out both sides. Install sheet vinyl on floor in new room with rubber transition strip at doorway. Install 10' long preformed Formica counter, braced as appropriate.

Category contractors, picture framing, garage builders

I appreciate your feedback. Sometimes things just don't go as we all need them to. Sorry we were not able to do your job as you needed us too. I think I fully explained in the last email the details of this whole transaction. Hopefully someone can provide the services you need with this. Thank you again for your patience. We would never start a job we could not give you 100% satisfaction on. Seems it was a smart move on our part. Have a great day!

03/20/2017

Brendan C.

Excellent service

Description of Work
20x12 wood deck with vinyl railing.

Category decks, garage builders

08/23/2015

David S.

Perfect, was placed right where I wanted.

Description of Work
Built custom in back yard.

08/03/2015

Cynthia W.

Description of Work
Built large deck out of premium materials. Their work was very professional and Ray Ward checked in on every detail so that I was an active participant in the process. Will definitely use them for doing the screened porch and other home projects. Very pleased!!

Category decks

04/12/2015

Mike K.

No complaints. They put the shed up in less than 2 days. Looks great and I have already started to fill it up. Got a quote for some basement framing work seems fair but I need to get other quotes to be sure.

03/08/2015

Shelly H.

Again, work in progress. But given the conditions they've had to work under, it is no wonder. They are doing a great job so far and have no reason to believe the job, when finished, will not be done to our expectations.

Description of Work
C&R is currently building a shed. Due to the weather, they are still doing the work. However, what they have done and has been great. We are looking for them to also redo our deck.

Category contractors, garage builders

02/10/2015

Chariese A.

This was the best experience ever. Ray and his Team were quite professional and puntual. And as well they really know what they are doing. Once the material was delivered Ray and his team were on top of all of our needs. He made certain to please my wife by matching the siding and roofing to our home perfectly. When asked, at the last minute mind you, if we could add windows, Ray never flinched. This contractor will be brought back to our home to remove/replace our rear deck, add on to the roof and close itin a screened porch for us. If you are looking for a reference I am your point of contact. I will personally stand behind them all the way. Good people. Good workers. Great knowledge. C. Randell Adams

Description of Work
Designed and built a yard/storage/garden shed

Category contractors, picture framing, siding, replacement windows, garage builders, woodworking

Thank you so much for the great review [member name removed]! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us on Angie's List. Your Friends At, C & R Custom Framing

02/06/2015

Han D.

Excellent work Very professional Punctual and on schedule Very reasonable price

Description of Work
Build a storage shed 20 by 10 ft.

02/06/2015

Rusty I.

It went well finished ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Built a shed

Category contractors, garage builders

07/22/2014

JOHN R.

Description of Work
they built a 12X20 shead |roll updoor on the end |double door on the side |2 windows | |If you need a shed built and you DID NOT use this company you went to the wrong place | |these guys are great and do 1st class work

Category contractors, replacement windows

01/21/2014

Jason P.

We couldn't be happier! After spending several weeks comparing the sheds at Home Depot & Lowes, as well as several other big national and regional players, we luckily stumbled upon C&R. We ended up with a better-built shed, with better lumber & materials, for several hundred dollars less than we'd have paid elsewhere. Scheduling was easy, with communication over email and phone. The work was done over the course of two days by the owner, Ray, and his brother. At the end of the project they left the site perfectly clean. We were so satisfied with the work Ray and Rick did on the shed that we're using C&R to do an upcoming master bath remodel as well!

Description of Work
C&R built a custom, 10x14' barn style shed (gambrel roof) in our backyard. The shed includes Smart Siding, 7ft walls, double doors, a pair of windows, a loft, and a ramp.

Category contractors, replacement windows, garage builders

Performance Home Improvement

We are locally owned and operated in Stafford, VA. Our team has over 25 years of experience in all areas of Home Improvement. Call us for a FREE estimate.

R & M LawnCare LLC

R & M LawnCare LLC is a small family business that specializes in yard maintenance such as grass-cutting, weed-eating, hedge-trimming, and mulching. We are reasonably priced and will work with any budget. We also provide free estimates at your location. We take pride in our business and it is our mission to completely satisfy our customers. We strive for excellence and building lasting relationships!

2022 Super Service Award

Culpeper Window and Siding Inc

We work with home owners interested in Replacement Windows and Entry Doors. Repair and Replacing Siding. Repair and Replace Gutters, Leaf-Guards. We have Shutters and Snow Birds. We do not repair or replace glass. We would recommend contacting your local glass company. Local Culpeper Window & Siding, Inc. will give you a FREE estimate today! Call 540-547-9100! Top rated Culpeper Window & Siding, Inc. has been serving Central & Northern Virginia for more than “30 years” with the installation of quality replacement windows, entry doors, vinyl siding, gutters & leaf guards. We have had the same crew for over “25 years” working with us. They are a great bunch of guys to work with we love them! What sets us apart from other companies is our craftsmen who treat your home like it's their own and do it well and on time! WINDOWS are EnergyStar approved, very energy efficient, and manufactured to the customer's specifications. We install all type of windows from vinyl windows, bay to bow windows, picture windows, casement windows, double-hung windows and wood windows. Warranty transferable just ask. SIDING is an excellent choice for replacing the material you have now. It is maintenance free, energy efficient, durable, and weather-resistant. DOORS we install ProVia exterior doors. They are energy efficient, secure and beautiful! Warranty included! GUTTERS & LEAF-GUARDS we install are guaranteed to no clog and no overflow. A must in Virginia to have in Virginia. Owned by Tom & Tammy Dunlap, we know the business and how to treat people like family. We have built a reputation for honesty & excellent service in both installations, repairs & upgrades!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Framing company with 18 years experience in the field. We specialize in home improvements such as replacement windows, all remodeling and so much more! We also specialize in framing, decks, and outdoor buildings. We are able to customize and build single family homes, sheds, barns and garages. Quality framing at a great price.