Landscaping/ Masonry/ Hardscape’s / Property Maintenance

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Yard Solutions

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2012

3.8

923 Jefferson dr

Palmyra, VA 22963

We are a family owned business in Palmyra VA and we Specialize in Stamp Concrete. We offer a large variety of services from concrete to decking and fencing landscaping remodeling and more. We are running 10% off till August 31st 2013. We take pride in our work and would like to create the home of

Richard K.
08/02/2017
Description of Work
Yard Solutions is the company that cuts our grass.
lawn service
Gloria M.
07/01/2016
Description of Work
Installed 3 stamped concrete sidewalks. Communication was difficult. Did not show when stated; had to contact several times by phone. He apologized for delay; however, when I contacted him when the job was done via email several times, he initially responded, but never followed-up from there. It's a shame because he and his workers did a beautiful job, but he only put one coating of sealant on the walkways and I also requested that he remove a small concrete defect on the side. He said he would come back and take care of these items, but he never did! Thus, I would not recommend this company.
concrete repair, stamped concrete
Don D.
11/02/2014
Yard Solutions put in a stamped concrete patio in the back yard. They showed up to give us an estimate on the job and showed up to do the work. The patio looks great.
Description of Work
Concrete patio
Nancy S.
06/15/2013
Damon Matthews came to our house and evaluated the problem, and explained to us what he would do. The next day, he and his crew arrived in the morning and worked systematically and efficiently. The did a very neat job. Before they began Damon gave us contract that explained exactly what he would do-which I appreciated. Damon listened to our concerns about the roots of large trees and he was careful to find a way to drain the water that was least damaging to the root system. He and his crew were pleasant to deal with, and clearly eager to be helpful and do the job right. I thought the price they asked was very fair for the work they did.
Description of Work
Yard Solutions created a drain for our patio which was not draining properly
David W.
06/10/2013
Update April 2014: The sidewalk has serious issues. It's crumbling in places, there's a weird sheen that looks like too much sealer was put on in places or maybe not enough in other places and there's an area that we think was never sealed. There is a piece of metal sticking out of the side of the sidewalk that needs attention before someone gets hurt. The initial email, with pictures of everything, to Mr Damon Matthews was promptly answered with a nice email saying he would be over very soon to to check on everything we outlined in our email.....and then nothing. We thought maybe he just forgot ,so after a while we forwarded the original email as a reminder, just in case it was an honest mistake; no answer. I think a couple of weeks is ample time to respond to an email but we didn't get anything. Finally, a third email went unanswered. Okay, Mr Matthews, we get it. You aren't coming to look at our sidewalk, you don't care that our sidewalk is crumbling and isnt sealed properly. I'm sure it makes little difference to you, but should you decide to sign on to Angie's List to say how unreasonable we were like you did to someone else, I will be glad to provide our unanswered emails and pictures of your workmanship. Yard Solutions arrived and sketched out the sidewalk that we had planned, and confirmed the accuracy of the design with my wife and I. Mr. Matthews was patient, observant, and quick to explain our options to us. We parted ways with a thorough understanding of the work to be done and how much it would cost. Once work began, progress moved quickly with Mr. Matthews and his crew setting the forms for our concrete, preparing the walkway areas, and refining the design. With the concrete truck on location, the Yard Solutions crew worked with amazing speed and attention to detail. As the cement began curing, we saw our driveway instantly transformed into an orderly border between our lawn and the gravel of the driveway. We were so impressed with the outstanding service that Yard Solutions provided that we began planning an additional project to help aid in erosion control of our yard and driveway. After a flurry of ideas and solutions exchanged through email. Damon and Pancho came back to add a 16" curb around our car turn around, along the driveway, and around a parking spot for two vehicles. Once again the work went quickly and captured EXACTLY what we had envisioned for our driveway. We had a family gathering shortly after Yard Solutions completed our projects; everyone was very complimentary of the quality and appearance of our improved driveway and sidewalks. Yard Solutions may be a small company, but they have a great work ethic and provide honest and accurate work with competitive pricing. If you are thinking about outside building projects, you should strongly consider Yard Solutions and Damon Matthews. You will be satisfied with the end project and with the top quality service that Yard Solutions provides. Working with Damon and crew was more like making new friends; this is an exceptional company!!!!
Description of Work
We were looking for a company to put in a sidewalk and to make improvements to our driveway. We found Yard Solutions on Angie's List. We did some comparison shopping with other local companies who failed to even return a call or email. That was it for those other, larger companies. In stark contrast, Yard Solutions owner/operator, Damon Matthews, replied to our email inquiry quickly and set up a site visit for the work we wanted to do on our property. Mr. Matthews arrived when he said that he would, and we immediately liked his polite professionalism and knowledge of potential solutions to our problem. After a few modifications to our initial ideas, Yard Solutions arrived ready to work.
Category
concrete repair, concrete driveways, mudjacking, stamped concrete
David K.
12/31/2012
Mr. Mathews came across as knowledgeable and friendly. He was patient in answering our questions. When we finally settled on style and color for the concrete walk, he set a date to install it. He may have been a few days late, but he had told us that his wife was about to give birth, so we were perfectly happy to cut him slack. We had some concerns about the walk, however, and my wife called him, leaving messages that were solicitous for the health of his wife and child but asking him to respond. We were also eager to have handrails installed and to discuss the laying of sod on our front lawn. After a couple of months passed and repeated calls and emails were not returned, I wrote and said that while I was not eager to give him a bad report on Angie's List, his obdurate silence was inclining me to give a full report. To this he responded in an unpleasant email in which he said that after our nasty calls and emails (my email was the first that had any hint of unpleasantness) he was certainly not going to do anything further for us. He would come out and address our concerns about the walk, but that was it. He did not come out or contact us in any way after that. It was a very sad ending to what looked like a promising business relationship. I am very sorry to have to report ill of this intelligent and personable service provider, but I do not understand why he should have turned nasty on us. I do not recollect a single action of ours that would have caused or justified this outbreak of ill will. In any case it is highly unprofessional.
Description of Work
We asked him to install a stamped concrete walk from the street and from our driveway to our front door plus a new set of concrete steps to our front door. We also asked him about installing handrails on the steps. He said he could get us some and offered to install them at no cost. He did the walk and steps but did not do anything about the handrails. There was also some discussion about his installing sod in our front yard. This was never followed up on.
stamped concrete

I would like to comment on that post i went above and beyond to make this customer happy. We give a fair rate which most companies dont do, we also gave the customer some extras for free because of the condition the house was in we added steps fixed the front porch at no extra cost and agreed to put up hand rails if they could get them. The hand rails were hard for the home owner to get so i tried and i was told they would have to be custom built. And we dont build handrails but i will install them. At any rate after the hand rail problem the customer was unhappy but there was anything i could do. We can install handrails but we can not make metal hand rails. This customer also made a comment that they had been given a price of $3000 dollars for sod and i said that it would be alot cheaper then that to do it. They wanted me to give them a estimate but it wasnt the best time of the year for sod it was already late in the season for that. I dont want to do the sod if it will just die because of the time of year it is. I recommended that we should wait till next year when it is better suited for that. In which the customer did not agree with but i have standards to go by i cant do work that wont last. I belive in doing something once right and on time. To sum it all up you can go above and beyond with some people but they will never be happy. We have tons of happy customers and repeat customers so that tells me that you cant please everyone. But as long as the job is done right on time and up to code thats what we go by. I can only give out so many extras for free.
Kathleen M.
10/15/2012
The whole project went very well - I found Damon/Yard Solutions via Angie's List. I called and left a voicemail - and Damon called me back (which really set him apart). He came by, looked at our space and listened to what we were trying to achieve. He had some ideas and discussed his approach. He emailed an estimate that evening - and then dropped off a book of photos for us to review. He was great - I had found other pictures on the web that I sent to him - and he provided input on the type of stamp, color, pros/cons. He really showed his expertise. Damon gave me a time estimate (based on him finishing another project) - but he showed up 2 days early which was SUPER. He and his crew were very polite, professional and diligent. Damon gave suggestions and really acted as a professional I could rely on to make the right decisions to ensure the job was done right. Overall, he did an excellent job and I want to find other landscaping projects for him as I was so pleased. My husband said he wished we had a plumber/electrician/etc. just like Damon - a real professional who you can trust.
Description of Work
Yard Solution (Damon Mathews) put in a stamped concrete patio - approx. 14 x 32 feet.
stamped concrete, patios
Tom B.
07/22/2012
Damon described all the work he planned and why he would do it the way he picked. It all made good sense and then he did exactly what he described. We had a good feeling about each project.
Description of Work
Damon and his crew were just great. They built walls, poured concrete walkways, installed lattice work and despite 100 degree heat they never missed a day and worked harder that i expected. Can't say enough good words about Yard Solutions. I recommend them to all my friends
Category
garage builders, outdoor lighting, stamped concrete

Aureum

Masonry business, specializing in Stone, Bluestone, and masonry repair. 13 Years experience. Honest and dependable.

Creative Tile Concepts

Creramic,Porcelain,Marble,Granite and any other natural stone tile.

JES Foundation Repair

JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They currently maintain offices in Appomattox, Baltimore, Chester, Manassas, Roanoke, and Virginia Beach. JES is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes and commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers Coupon

StampConcrete,RetainingWalls,Sidewalks,Patios,Decks,Fencing,Landscaping,Trimming,Mulching,Hardscapes,Powerwashing, and more. Call today for your free estimate.

we dont do heating/ac.