Potomac Moving Company

US Department of Transportation Motor Carriers
01/01/2099

2961A Hunter Mill Rd

Oakton, VA 22124

We are an essential business and therefore we provide full moving services. Our movers use masks and gloves and sanitize trucks after each move.

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Moving can be a frustrating experience, but you can make it a breeze with a phone call to the right moving company. Potomac Moving Company takes the stress out of your move by quickly and efficiently getting you from one place to another all in one piece. It really is that simple! Just give us a call at 1-888-505-3385 or start your free estimate now!...

movers (27)piano movers (1)

12/09/2021

John J.

Awesome. Their team was on time, polite, thankfully no damage to the walls or staircase. That was very important because we have a narrow entrance and stairs going up to 2nd floor, and they somehow made it with the big stuff and left ZERO marks on the walls, I was pretty surprised but so so happy 😂. When we got to Reston, drop off was pretty quick, furniture and our items were wrapped well with their blankets and bubble stuff, and I gave them some bottled waters as a thank you 😊. I offered beers but they said no thank you, totally understood. Job well done, I was surprised, but once again very happy with their efficiency and service.

Description of Work
Just had a move from Chantilly to Reston- My wife, mother n law, 3 sons were blessed to have purchased a single family home in Reston. We had like 2 couches, 2 chests, king size and queen size bed mattresses and bed frames, carpets, TVs (65 inch), dining room set, and a few other things.

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

01/24/2021

MARK H.

They were fast, friendly, courteous and professional. Will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Local residential move

Work Completed On 01/24/2021

07/15/2019

Jason K.

It went great. The team was on time, and did a great job managing expectations throughout the process.

Description of Work
Move 3 BR house into a storage unit, keeping some items at the front of the unit

Work Completed On 06/19/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your time and posting a review. It has been a pleasure to work with you on this project and we are definitely looking forward to finishing up the second phase of the move. Thank you for putting your trust in us.

05/05/2019

donna P.

It could not have been better - all the guys were prompt, hard-working and very careful with everything. I’ll hire them again, and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed items picked up in DC, some brought to my home, furniture picked up from my home, and then taken to a storage unit, where they also moved items from a smaller unit to a larger unit.

Work Completed On 05/05/2019

04/03/2019

Becka L.

Excellent! Great communication and followup by Jeff K before, during, and after the process. He sent the donation and invoice receipts within hours of delivery to the donation site. Stellar customer service. Three men took great care in protecting and moving the heavy sleep sofa. Highly recommend Potomac Moving. Would not hesitate to use again.

Description of Work
Moved a wood-framed sleep sofa from residence to a donation facility

Category delivery service

Work Completed On 04/02/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. It has been a pleasure helping you with your move and do not hesitate to contact us with all your future moving and delivery needs.

03/03/2019

Robin T.

Potomac Movers was amazing from start to finish! Everything worked out great.

Description of Work
Cross town local move

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. Thank you for the kind words. It has been a pleasure helping you with your move and do not hesitate to contact us with all your future moving and delivery needs.

01/12/2019

Elizabeth B.

Had a lot of stuff [90+ boxes] plus furniture and other stuff to be moved from a condo to a house 70 mi away. Jeff and his two skilled compatriots (after several confirmations and instructional emails he sent days and weeks earlier) arrived right on time, with large truck, ready to make it happen. And they did. They worked faster -- with skill and respect for objects being moved -- than any movers I've used in the past. They also were ready to repack or protect any objects improperly prepared for the journey. Their quickness, and fairness on pricing, made this a headspinning (favorably) experience, Blink and the move was already over! Would use them again in a minute. Was quoted by several other moving firms in the $2000 to $3000 range. Potomac Movers would not give me a firm quote but based it on time, which had me worried -- with a delivery 70 mi away -- it could end up higher than the other quotes. As it turned out, they were 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of other firms. Am glad I trusted them.

Description of Work
Move from condo to house - went quickly and at remarkably fair price

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], I wanted to thank you for taking the time and posting a review. Thank you for all the kind words and putting the trust in us. It has been a pleasure helping you with your move and do not hesitate to contact us with your future moving and/or delivery needs.

12/14/2018

Angie L.

I would like to thank Jeff, Howard and Sultan for making our move so easy and worry free. They were professional, courteous, pleasant and quick. They were very careful in packing and moving all of the furniture and items. We will definitely be using them again in the very near future.

Description of Work
Moving from single family home to condo

Category moving companies,delivery service

Work Completed On 12/12/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed], It has been a pleasure meeting you and helping with this moving project. Thank for taking the time and posting a review. We are always ready to help with all the moving, packing or delivery needs.

10/01/2018

PETER S.

Went great. 2 guys and a huge truck moved items from one townhouse to another. 15 minutes to load, 10 minutes to unload. Perhaps 45 minutes at most. The huge truck arrived early and I was ready. Great job'

Description of Work
moved misc. items from rental townhouse in Ashburn to TH in Falls Church.

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time and posing a review. It has been a pleasure working with you on this project. Thank you for choosing us and feel free to contact us with all your future moving and delivery needs.

09/24/2018

TIFFANY L.

They were able to accommodate me at the last minute and provided excellent service. I would definitely recommend their services.

Description of Work
Moved a townhome

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed], I would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review. I'm glad we could accommodate all the moving needs. If you ever need help with moving or furniture delivery we will be happy to help. Thank you for choosing us.

09/11/2018

Anne H.

I am totally satisfied with the experience that I had with Potomac Moving yesterday. The 3-man crew (Andre, Dale, and James) was on time, efficient, friendly, polite, helpful, etc. I can't say enough good things about this moving experience. This was a local move, and I would recommend this company to anyone. The guys took great care of my belongings and showed great pride and skill during the entire process. They tirelessly made numerous trips up and down stairs, and even had to take one large sofa around through the back of the residence to get it to fit into the designated space on the lower level. James had to tell me numerous times that I was to let them do the work; rolling out the carpets and arranging furniture to my specifications. They were careful to use floor coverings to protect both hard floors and carpet. It was a rainy day, so that was a challenge. They were still smiling and polite after 4 hours of hard work, and insisted upon making sure that I was totally satisfied before departing. Additionally, they were polite to neighbors, making sure that the moving truck was not causing an inconvenience to them (it never was). They helped to ensure that my introduction to the neighborhood was a positive experience. I am so pleased that I chose Potomac Movers, and will plan to use them for future re-locations.

Description of Work
Moving one person from Herndon to Fairfax

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you taking the time and posting a wonderful review and putting the trust in us. It has been a great pleasure working with you. Please enjoy your [Member Information Removed] home and feel free to contact us with all your moving and delivery needs.

08/25/2018

shalini S.

The moving crew was professional, pleasant and flexible. They arrived on time and treated my belongings as their own. Everything was moved and put away as instructed.

Description of Work
Partial move

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

Dear Shalini, Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. It has been a great pleasure working with you on this project. Thank you for choosing us and feel free to contact us with all your moving and delivery needs.

05/30/2018

Ab B.

Excellent service!!! What a team!!! I used the coupon off Angie's List for three guys/four hours. They were early/punctual, well organized, careful in wrapping heirloom furniture and transporting. Nothing was left to chance/all special furniture was well padded and wrapped and then unwrapped all methodical and in good time. They were helpful in taking the furniture from my in-laws' house to mine and distributing on different levels of my house/unwrapped and even helped rearrange some of my existing heavy furniture to make way for the moved-in pieces. Saved me a lot of heavy work and exhaustion. Well worth a very reasonable price. I would use them again and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Quality furniture shelving units, qn bed, twin beds, two dining sets, hutch etc. Many heavy pieces needing careful padding and moving.

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for all the kind words and thank you for putting the trust in us. It has been a pleasure working with you. Please enjoy your new home and feel free to contact us with all your future moving needs.

01/29/2018

Daniel V.

Went well and fast well worth the cost. Would definitely use this service again if I ever move again.

Description of Work
Moved from apartment to house

Work Completed On 08/05/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed], It has been a pleasure working with you and thank you for taking the time to post this review. Feel free to contact us with your future relocation and delivery needs.

12/20/2017

Valeria D.

We needed to set up a local small move on short notice and Jeff was able to accommodate us. His crew arrived on time ready to work. They were very professional, courteous and friendly. Highly recommend the company and would use them again.

Description of Work
Short notice small move

Work Completed On 12/17/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for all the kind words and inspiring us to push the limits. Please enjoy your new home and feel free to contact us with all your moving needs.

12/11/2017

Maureen B.

Jeff reached out to me almost immediately. He listened to what I needed and worked to accommodate my relatively short-notice request. He kept me updated and maintained contact to ensure everything was on track. He and his team of Ardije and Meter arrived promptly, protected my wood floors, and worked efficiently to protect and load my furniture. Up arrival at my new condo, they, off-loaded, assembled, and ensured that all items were exactly as I wanted them. There was no damage to any of my things! Great job - I would definitely hire Potomac Moving Company again!

Description of Work
Local move with a team of three plus a 26-ft truck

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for shearing your experience. It has been a pleasure working with you on this project. Please enjoy your new home and we will be happy to help you with all your future moving needs, big and small.

08/26/2017

David B.

guys were great. punctual, polite, careful

Description of Work
across town move

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for all the kind words and for putting the trust in us. It has been a pleasure helping you with this delivery. Thank you for choosing us and feel free to contact us will all your moving needs.

08/11/2017

Linda D.

EXCELLENT service Potomac Movers are excellent...great service and the 2 men were very professional and courteous

Description of Work
moving furniture to home

Category moving companies,delivery service

Work Completed On 08/11/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. It has been a pleasure working with you. I'm glad we could help and take some of the stress from your back during the move. Please enjoy your beautiful home and do not hesitate to contact us with all the moving and delivery needs.

07/31/2017

MP W.

Great! They did a super job at an excellent price and Jeff was very pleasant to work with!

Description of Work
I needed some furniture moved.

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed] Thank you for all the kind words and for putting the trust in us. It has been a pleasure helping you with this delivery. Thank you for choosing us and feel free to contact us will all your moving needs.

07/24/2017

laura A.

The movers wrapped furniture, padded entrance door, protected floors and moved heavy items very carefully up to 2nd story rooms with no damage to any items. Jeff, the owner, was very professional with good follow up and pricing. Movers arrived early within time frame given. We where able to purchase tape and extra moving supplies directly from them as needed. The actual move time using 2 men was 3hrs. We would definitely use this moving company again should need arise.

Description of Work
We needed movers to help us move items from a 10x10 storage unit to a 2 story home. We had solid wood furniture that was very heavy and a king size bed that needed to all be moved up a flight of stairs.

Work Completed On 07/23/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed], It has been a pleasure meeting you in person and helping you to move to your new home. Thank you for putting your trust in us. I hope you will enjoy your new home and feel free to contact me with all your moving projects, big and small.

07/08/2017

gina B.

We moved with great ease, thanks to Potomac. They were prompt, and professional. When the leasing office failed to have the elevator available that I confirmed, they didn't let that stop them. I give them and A+. All items were placed in our new home, unbroken and reassembled. We definitely use them on our next move, Thanks, Jeff and the crew!

Description of Work
We were relocating from Maryland to Virginia. While calling for quotes, I found this great deal on Angie's List for Potomac Moving Company. Thinking it was a misprint because of the cost and the services they said they would perform, I called and inquired. Jeff, the owner, told me it was correct. He answered all my questions, and followed-up when I didn't return the moving form.

Work Completed On 07/02/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and share your comments about your experience with Potomac Moving Company! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service! It was a pleasure meeting and helping you with your move and we will be happy to help you again in the future. Thank you! -Jeff

05/31/2017

Mark K.

Excellent! On time, very professional and organized. Handled everything with care. Will definitely use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Moving boxes, furniture and other miscellaneous things from an old to a new house.

Work Completed On 05/27/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed], I would like to thank you for taking a moment and shearing your experience with Potomac Moving Company. It has been a pleasure working with you and helping to move to the home of your dreams. Thank you for choosing us and we will be always happy to help yo