A Fine Line LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2008

We appreciate winning the AngiesList Super Service Award several years in a row. That tells us we're doing something right! Whether your project is one small room or your entire house, we can take care of it just fine. If it is a rental house or a James River plantation, we know how to make it shine!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+3 more images

interior painting (116)house painting (10)drywall (9)plastering (2)roofing (1)gutter cleaning (1)

04/26/2022

William D.

They were excellent. On time and Cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Painted my Ceiling

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

04/14/2019

nn N.

He did a wonderful job repairing the several holes that I had in my wall.

Description of Work
Patch holes in Wall

Category drywall

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

Thank you!

02/17/2019

Mark R.

Richard and his helper Aaron were very professional and took pride in their work. It’s very hard to find good people in the work force today.....Thanks so much for an excellent job.

Description of Work
Paint kitchen cabinets and trim, all interior and exterior doors.

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

Review for A Fine Line LLC - 4231 McHoward Rd., North Chesterfield, VA - 37717156

11/16/2018

Kelliann D.

Rich did an amazing job in our new home. We needed multiple rooms painted, old wallpaper removed, and another room was particularly difficult because of the previous paint job that involved filling in striped walls. Rich handled it and we are so happy with the results. He completed the work within a couple of days and his pricing was reasonable compared with many others we found in the area. I would be happy to recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Paint in multiple rooms

Category interior painters

Thank you very much. It was a pleasure working with you guys.

06/02/2018

karen M.

If you want an excellent professional, Richard Bell et al is your man. Promptly gave us an estimate, and came to paint within 3 weeks. He and his staff work constantly and did an exemplary painting job. They are organized, and cleaned up each day before leaving. Having used numerous other painters, we found Richard and his company to be a very pleasant departure from previous experiences. We recommend Mr. Bell highly.

Description of Work
We had one bedroom, walls, ceiling, trim; one bathroom, walls, ceiling trim and upstairs/downstairs hallway, wall, ceiling, trim and woodwork painted.

Work Completed On 06/02/2018

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure working with you and I look forward to the next time!

04/08/2018

Kathy S.

Incredible job. Very nice smooth finish.

Description of Work
Trim painting - a lot of it.

Work Completed On 04/08/2018

Thank you! I'm glad we were able to help. I look forward to the next project.

02/06/2018

Mary R.

Very satisfied with the newly painted bedroom! The timing was great-I had a newly painted bedroom within 5 days of contacting him. Mr. Bell responding promptly to my email to contact, came to my home and did an estimate and set a date to paint. He arrived on time and completed the job himself the same day, painting walls and ceiling.( I did not request the trim to be painted.) He purchased the paint(Benjamin Moore) and had all of the materials needed to complete the job when he arrived. There is a labor price and then the additional paint/supply charge. There were no surprises in the cost or quality of the work and I really appreciate that! Mr. Bell was very professional and I would recommend him to anyone who needs interior home painting.

Description of Work
Painting walls and ceiling of bedroom

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

12/20/2017

Theda H.

The owner of the company and his assistant did a wonderful job. They were very nice to work with and did a wonderful job. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Paint entire interior of house, front porch and front door. They also patched some drywall.

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/20/2017

09/13/2017

Justin N.

Richard answered my call the first time and scheduled an estimate for the very next day(Saturday). He promptly sent the estimate on a number of jobs and broke them down as I requested. He was able to start a week later. He was courteous, cleaned up each day, and flexible with my schedule. His work speaks for itself. Looking forward to more projects soon! Thanks

Description of Work
Just moved into our new house and needed a refresh in a some bedrooms, bathrooms, and dining room. Mix of walls, ceiling, and repairs.

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you. Looking forward to the next phase.

06/05/2017

LEONA R.

They answered my call right away, they came on time. Did a very nice job, and it did not take them long to do the job. Everything is very clean, they had all of their equipment in and then out, very efficient, and professional.Their price is just the best price.

Description of Work
They painted all the walls, for the entire condo.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

Thank you! It was a pleasure working on your project.

06/03/2017

Bill K.

It took 4 days and they cleaned up after themselves each day. Very clean and organized. My wife was happy and that's all that matters to me.

Description of Work
Four rooms were painted: Walls, Ceilings and Baseboards

Work Completed On 05/25/2017

04/25/2017

Allen K.

His professionalism and quality are superior.

Description of Work
Richard painted the inside of an approx. 1600 sq ft house.

Work Completed On 04/25/2017

04/01/2017

Bonnie D.

Excellent work, dependable and one of the best painters in the businesss

Description of Work
Needed 1 room painted, ended up having the whole house redone

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

03/21/2017

Sarah D.

Richard was very detailed. He touched up the room and filled nail holes. The room looks brand new. He did a great job getting to all the trim around the room. He kept his work area very clean and swept up after himself.

Description of Work
Scrap off a textured ceiling and paint a bedroom.

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you.

02/28/2017

Dennis S.

We had multiple rooms needing painted and we were so pleased with Richard's work. The foyer of our house was a 3 day job and it turned out wonderfully. He also painted our kitchen, master bedroom, and living room. He was detailed with patchwork in the walls. He conducted himself in a professional manner. I would recommend him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Richard painted my living room, kitchen, master bedroom and foyer

Work Completed On 01/15/2017

01/16/2017

James T.

The process went very smoothly. He was on time and completed the project on time. We will definitely hire him for future painting projects.

Description of Work
Painted one large den.

Work Completed On 12/30/2016

Thank you! I look forward to working with you again.

12/16/2015

David E.

Responded promptly to phone call about Angie's list coupon ("Big Deal" offer). Richard was very friendly and professional; he actually came to our house and did an assessment and estimate. His painter, Chris was very timely, efficient, professional, and precise in doing an excellent job painting our bedroom, exceeding expectations. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Painted master bedroom

Work Completed On 12/15/2015

11/02/2015

Stephen R.

We had a fantastic experience with Richard Bell from A Free Line. Though we initially had some difficulty making connection, once that was done, the job was performed in a professional manner. Richard painted our son's bedroom. It had a dark blue color on the wall and the paint we chose to replace it was an egg shell. Richard's painting left no trace that the room had ever been painted blue. We were very pleased with the result and would use Richard again in the future.

Description of Work
Painted one bedroom.

Work Completed On 10/10/2015

10/12/2015

andy H.

A good job. We thought the end result was very sharp. The cut-ins were straight and paint coats had a "finished" look. The customer service was great. Painters were professional and very courteous.

Description of Work
The interior of part of the house and ceiling were painted and trim, molding, and doors.

Work Completed On 09/24/2015

09/16/2015

Debra T.

Richard met with us, took pictures of the rooms we wanted painted and promised to send a quote within a day or two which he did. The job was to begin on Tuesday but he was able to start Monday as an exterior job was delayed due to weather. There were 2 primary painters and in addition, Richard did most of the repair work. The three of them were timely, courteous and professional. The completed job was good but there were more paint drops and splatter on the trim than I would have expected. There was some wall repair that was overlooked and when I spoke with Richard about my concerns he responded immediately and returned the next day for the clean-up.

Description of Work
Painted half and full baths and one bedroom. Repaired wall damage.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/03/2015

It was a pleasure working with this member and meeting her family. We always welcome feedback and use those opportunities to constantly improve our service. We look forward to working with her in the future. Thank you!

08/28/2015

shital P.

Mr. Bell was very professional from the get go. He came out and looked at out front door personally and immediately noted that an interior stain had been used previously on our exterior door . He took the time to explain the chemical nature and why I may need a better product placed on my door based on the amount of sun/weather it receives throughout the day. He went on to research the best product and got started on the job on schedule. I received a text message with the painters picture prior to arrival and was kept up to date with the progress of the job throughout. Everyone I interacted with at A Fine Line was very courteous, responsive and professional. I won't hesitate to give Mr. Bell a call again in the future.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of front door.

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/28/2015

11/20/2014

Michael H.

A Fine Line, LLC provided the best estimate for the work to be performed and showed up to do the work as promised. No muss, no fuss, worked diligently and professionally. Appreciated the care with which clean up occurred. The house looks great. Would highly recommend to others.

Description of Work
Painted exterior trim on my house.

Category house painters, interior painters