The Painter, Inc.

Virginia: Contractors
04/30/2023

5732 Curlew Dr

Norfolk, VA 23502

We are a family-owned painting company established in 2006 to fill a void in excellent customer service in the painting industry. Our unique approach to customer service, high quality paints, and a 100% money back guarantee are the reason why we are the fastest-growing painting company in our area for the last four years. We do all types of interior and exterior painting, deck and fence staining, Garage floor Coatings, Cabinet refinishing and much more....

house painting (73)interior painting (58)pressure washing (15)deck cleaning (10)wallpaper removal (5)concrete driveways (2)epoxy flooring (1)

07/12/2021

Pat D.

Excellent Painters Respectful Friendly Professional Work completed in a timely manner Very Pleased with workmanship I would recommend for painting of property

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Category concrete driveways,interior painters

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

07/12/2021

Dianne S.

Terrific! Very satisfied with the finished work. The painters were professional, respectful of our home and obviously took pride in their accomplishment.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

03/11/2021

Shelley H.

These folks were great - from the estimate to the actual job. They were punctual, professional and the work was top quality. We are definitely going to hire them again when we need more work done. And we would gladly recommend them to anyone who needs any kind of painting done.

Description of Work
A small bedroom, walls & ceiling, Master bedroom & hall ceiling & shower stall ceiling

Category concrete driveways,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Review for The Painter, Inc. - 5732 Curlew Dr, Norfolk, VA - 39241614

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the kind words, they mean so much to us and it proves that all our training and relentless hiring process really does work. Thank you for choosing us, we look forward to the next time. Gabriel Goar Owner

11/25/2020

Glenn H.

The first of the 2 rooms, the kitchen, came out OK. It had a standard smoothe finish plaster ceiling. Few things: Outlet cover plate for refrigerator was not removed ( which per contract should give me a $250 refund) but I removed it between 1st and 2nd days. The power cord to the phone was left plugged in and got pain allover it which when i pointed it out they cleaned. Doors were NOT supposed to be pained but the people working in my house didn't know that and painted them anyway! (poor communication). The second room is where the real trouble occurred. I had a very fine sand finish textured plaster ceiling installed. This was painted over and afterwards the fine sand texture could not be seen. It was ruined and has to be redone. I trusted a company who are professional painters to know the proper way to paint a brand new fine sand finish ceiling. When my plaster contractor came out to evaluate the damage he was shocked! Coarser plaster finishes can be painted the way they did, but not a fine sand finish! So it needs to be redone. Otherwise the walls looked nice in that room too. Again the doors were painted and they shouldn't have been. Maybe with improved communication and additional training for their staff they will be worthy of rehire, but I would only let them do simple, uncomplicated jobs.

Description of Work
Paint ceilings and walls of 2 rooms (doors NOT included) after having 2 new plaster ceilings installed.

Cost $2,560.81

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

Review for The Painter, Inc. - 5732 Curlew Dr, Norfolk, VA - 39047983

07/29/2020

Mo M.

Absolutely amazing! Everything from meeting with Amanda to the finished product blew me away. The complimentary consultation with the interior designer, Jaimie was so helpful! She really helped make our house a home. The project manager, Daniel, and all the painters were very prompt and professional. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
We worked with them to paint our entire home before we moved in.

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

I am so happy when my clients are happy. Thank you for the great review.

07/09/2020

Fantastic experience. Highly recommend The Painter, Inc. Gabriel did a superb job of putting me in touch with a carpenter and mason and coordinated the trades. Everyone we came in contact with was courteous and made us feel special. Their work and attention to detail far surpassed our expectations. Give this company a chance...they will exceed your expectations too.

Description of Work
We own a Tudor style that needed extensive wood replaced, stucco repaired and then the entire exterior painted. We also added a small interior painting job of a stairwell.

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

Thank you so much for this review. We love doing an amazing job!

05/11/2020

Kimberly A.

I am thoroughly pleased with the service and quality of The Painter, Inc. From start to finish, they responded quickly, had an estimator out very quickly, and started work within days of my estimate and color consultation. I thought I was only going to be able to afford one of the items on my list, but their price for all three projects blew me away that I was able to have all three done at once. I'm extremely pleased with their service, friendliness, price, and quality of the work performed.

Description of Work
Interior stairwell, A-frames (siding), garage door

Category pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

Thank you so much for choosing us! It was a pleasure to work with you. Gabriel Goar Owner

03/11/2020

Patricia L.

The men were polite, courteous and worked very hard. They used brushes for the job. I am considering hiring them again to paint my bedroom.

Description of Work
They painted a large wooden deck with at least two coats of paint.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the kind words. We would love for you to use us again!!!

02/07/2020

Richard R.

This was the 3rd time that I have hired the The Painter, Inc to paint my home. The 1st time they did the entire interior during our home rennovation. The 2nd time we had them do the exterior of our home. This most recent time was to change the color of our kitchen and dining area. Before each job the owner, Gabriel Goar, came out to discuss what we wanted to have done and go over a game plan on any problem areas or concerns that we might have had. Gabriel was extremely professional and thorough during all of our meetings. Each and every job was done in a friendly and highly professional manner. We had the team of Robert and Gary for each of our projects. Because of the great job that they did on our very first project, we specifically requested them to do the rest of our projects. On each project Robert and Gary arrived on time and were ready to begin the days work. They performed each project and treated my home as if it was their own they were working on. The Painter, Inc rates are very reasonable and their in writing guarantee is the best that I have seen. I have nothing but good things to say about The Painter, Inc and highly recommend them for any painting projects that you might have.

Description of Work
Interior and Exterior Home Painting

Category house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

[Member Name Removed], As usual it was great to work with you and your wife. Thanks a bunch for the kind words.

11/01/2019

John D.

It went well, they showed up on schedule and did a nice job. There was one small problem, which they immediately came back and fixed.

Description of Work
Paint driveway and carport, one wall of carport, paint part of metal roof on shed.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Interior painting. Exterior painting. Wallpaper removal. Garage floor coatings. Concrete staining. Interior and exterior wood staining. Deck staining. Lead based paint removal.

Ask for details.