Pro Landscapes by Chris Moore

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2008

PO Box 15518

Newport News, VA 23608

When it comes to caring for your property, Pro Landscapes by Chris Moore-formally known as Lawncare of Hampton Roads-offers the most comprehensive services in the area. Our services range from basic grounds maintenance to custom installation. We have a highly trained team of professionals along

03/07/2022

Mary M.

He's been working for me for a very long time. He's very conscious for the satisfaction of the work. He really did a very good job.

Description of Work
He maintains my yard.

09/21/2021

Kelly H.

Chris and his guys did an awesome job with installing two brick retaining walls in our backyard along with a paver patio on the top level. We also had new irrigation piping installed as well as top soil and seeding in the backyard. These guys did an awesome job, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for high quality work at a reasonable price! From the very beginning, Chris and his dad were very thorough with their estimates, and I got the sense they were genuine people not trying to rip you off. They continued to back that up through the entire time they performed the work. I will certainly go to them again in the future for any landscaping needs!

Description of Work
Retaining Walls/Drainage/Patio/Seed

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, drain pipe, patios

06/19/2020

Alyssia T.

Extremely rude individual on the phone, which I believe to be "Chris". Insulted my intelligence and seemed as if I were a bother to request his services. Did not get far enough to deal with said person face to face.

Description of Work
Estimate for landscaping

Category concrete repair, landscaping

I believe you have the wrong company. Anyone who knows me or has ever dealt with me knows that I am not rude, and I never insult anyone in any way. I also do not answer the calls. I am not sure where this is coming from and how you have come to this conclusion. I also reviewed our call log of incoming calls and requests, I do not see any customer with the same name or address as the one listed on this review.

04/30/2020

William B.

Though weather was a factor. They got it done as quickly as they could and I was very satisfied. The whole crew was knowledgeable and made my drainage issues go away.

Description of Work
drainage, topsoil, and grading

04/30/2020

Traci B.

Great job. We had to reschedule a couple of times due to the rain. Kept me informed and they showed up on time on the scheduled date. Did a terrific job!

Description of Work
grading for swimming pool

04/13/2020

Cara W.

I was very happy with my services through Pro Landscapes. I only stopped my services because I moved out of their service area. highly recommend!

Description of Work
beds cleaned and mulched

03/13/2020

Robert K.

It didn't go at all. I met with TJ. He told me he was going to get an estimate to me. I never head back from him

Description of Work
yard / flowers planted

03/07/2020

Keenan R.

Everything went excellent. I would definitely hire them again! Hey TJ, gimme a buzz!

Description of Work
Demo of extensive brush along rear property line. Re-do of front beds, to include; shrubs. flowers, and mulch

12/10/2019

Nancy I.

TJ was knowledgeable, helpful and great to work with in laying out a design and selecting plants to replace old, dead and dying ones in front of my house. He went the extra mile to find and purchase the specific shrubs that I wanted. The team that did the work took great care to avoid the underground sewer and irrigation pipes under my front beds and there was absolutely no problem or issue with the installation. They also spent time finding the best placement to showcase 17 azalea plants underneath my large oak tree and in front of larger established shrubs. It's obvious that TJ and the team care about the job they do and a satisfied customer, which I am. They are engaged, professional, timely and I highly recommend them for your landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Removal of dead and dying shrubs and design and installation of replacement shrubs in large bed in front of house

05/28/2019

david C.

Outstanding work at a fair price. All workers were very polite, friendly and picked up after themselves. When work began, TJ and his team were on time and performed their work in a professional and expeditious manner. I would highly recommend them for any water removal efforts. DJC, CAPT, USN (Ret)

Description of Work
Yard drainage issues

Category lawn service, drain pipe

03/22/2019

christina O.

technicians who came out were friendly and did a great job. came out for an estimate and job was completed the next day. yard looks great

Description of Work
backyard spring cleaning of leaf and stick removal

Category lawn service, leaf removal

03/20/2019

Emma M.

Our entire process from start to finish was amazing! TJ took the time to come out multiple times to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted. The team that handled the demo was professional and thorough. TJ always had time to talk and keep us in the loop as to what was going on in the process. He hand picked some absolutely stunning trees and shrubs for our yard and gave us something truly unique. I love coming home and seeing the beautiful design. He was very personable and worked with us to find a budget we were comfortable with. We would absolutely use Pro Landscapes again. The photos don't do it justice, his use of color is astounding. TJ said he hates green and that's for sure with the reds, golds, and purples he put in the design.

Description of Work
Landscaping and design

Category excavators, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

03/10/2019

Joel S.

We have a small back yard on a golf course. Couldn't grow any grass on it. TJ came in and gave us a design matched to our budget. Halfway through the project he determined a better way to accomplish our goals and actually ended up with a much better design than we had planned. Additional cost: $0. Over the four-day project, TJ called every morning to let us know the day's schedule and to get our input on how it was going. We are ecstatic with the results.

Description of Work
Turned our back yard into an oasis

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service

02/09/2019

Mike D.

I have used Pro Landscapes once before with excellent results. The same was true this time. TJ and Chris kept me informed during the process. The work was performed in a timely and professional manner. Each day they cleaned up Prior to leaving. I would definitely recommend Pro Landscapes

Description of Work
Irrigation installation and yard repair

Category lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch

11/09/2018

Stephanie M.

From the very first call, this company was great to deal with. I mostly dealt with TJ, and he was amazing. My yard was just plain lawn, with a really ugly cement walk and driveway. They demo'd all the cement, then moved the driveway where I wanted it and put down a lovely walkway and cement pad for my garbage cans, all bordered by really nice pavers. Chris even built the most amazing raised front porch. The yard was seeded and I got plants and trees for the front and back. It took awhile, but that was due to the exceptionally rainy April we had. I get compliments all the time, and I now have the nicest yard on the block. I'd HIGHLY recommend these guys

Description of Work
Complete front yard re-do

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

07/26/2018

CHARLES A.

TJ came by and spend some time reviewing the problem. He came back two weeks later and talked to my wife and she explained everything that we needed to get done. TJ provided a detailed work description of work to be completed. Over the next few weeks his crews came by and removed a concrete walkway, side deck-walkway and pulled about 3 ft of dirt away from the house. Overall they did a good job, the weather and other jobs caused minor delays but when they were on site the work got done quickly.

Description of Work
Front Landscaping removal of concrete and other existing materials

Category decks, excavators, hauling services, lawn service

04/26/2018

Lisa H.

TJ came out on 4/17 to give me an estimate. He was on time and seemed very knowledgeable. He told me I would have an estimate in email in a couple days. I called on 4/25 to find out why I have not received an estimate yet. The person who answered the phone didn't really seem to care. He gave me no apologies and seemed annoyed. I was assured that I would have the estimate asap and still don't have it.

Description of Work
I requested an estimate for yard work

Category lawn service

I apologize about this and will look into why you did not receive your proposal and also who answered the phone on 4/25. We try to give everyone their estimates in an appropriate amount of time and never want to lose work. I will personally try to reach out to you and see if there is anything we can do to help you with your landscaping needs. Thank you for the review and letting us know. Chris Moore

03/01/2018

Ian K.

The first day or so went OK but then he tried to charge me for services that should be included like getting rid of the old weeds when they were grading the yard. Then I had to come out several times to fix piping for a drain line that they never finished. The guy that was supposed to finish it was drunk the morning of the job and arrested for a DUI the following morning. I was told all of the by the guy that did finish the irrigation and half *** fix the drain line. Also he was dumb enough to tell me this all again so I could record it. I end up having to fix the drain line my self in the pouring rain one evening because the drain box was overflowing. At the end of the pipe they didn't run it long enough. It's common sense, but see the picture and what they did. Also the folks they used to lay the actual sod showed up high, didn't roll the sod, and left huge gaps that I had to spend hours patching. Since they didn't roll it I now have dips and hills in my hard so bad that water piles up. The owner said to throw sand down in the low areas, really? WTH. Since all of this I was quoted about $900 to fix all their mistakes with the yard and irrigation leaks underground. Please don't use this company whatever you do. They were the cheapest quote I received and I know why. Now they are trying to recoup $800 in cost, but don't want to pay the $900 to another contractor to fix or come fix themselves.

Description of Work
Total yard re sod and grade and irrigation

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

THE PICTURES POSTED FROM THE CLIENT ARE FROM RIGHT AFTER THE INSTALL AND BEFORE WE CAME BACK OUT AND REPAIRED THE ISSUES. The grass now looks amazing and I have proof. I stopped by and took pictures of the property. If I could post them, then I would to prove otherwise. To start, the sod was installed by a SUBCONTRACTOR which we do not use anymore. **Those were NOT my guys who laid the sod and came in "high" (which I was on site and didn't notice) We did not get the job installed the way we would of liked and that was reflected. We no longer use that subcontractor and rarely use them at all. With that being said, we ended up discounting his bill $350 for the sod installation and were willing to come back out and repair the issue with the sod. There were very minor issues is some areas and unlevel areas. As we told him, this is usually solved by putting sand down and letting the grass grow through the sand. This is how it is done for Bermuda and is a common practice on golf courses. Every issue that was addressed above was repaired and is now working effectively. We returned to the property to repair the drain pipe in the back by the woods. We extended out further and it flows just fine now. We also came back and lowered the drain and touched up the grade to help the side yard swale. We also sent our irrigation tech out to the site to repair irrigation that was damaged by the homeowner installing bed edging. We returned and repaired every issue that was addressed and he still refused to pay the remaining $800 balance. We called multiple times and the phone would go straight to voicemail. Then we would call from a second number, and it would ring just fine. Apparently this customer was trying to avoid paying us and blocked our numbers. As for the additional work being billed, this was a result of many different occurrences throughout the job. Since the job took so long to get approved, grass started growing in his dirt yard around his pool and we had to remove it. We had to use extra labor to do this because it was not in the initial proposal, so we charged the client. We also came to the property to grade and there was a huge pile of rocks on his grass in the front yard. We ended up moving it over to his driveway, which wasn't on the initial proposal, so we had to charge him. This would of been done with any type of business. There are two sides to every story. You can see from all our other Angie's List reviews that we do amazing work. So for us to have such a negative response is interesting. This client just has it out for us and is refusing to pay his balance due and feels the need to try and make the company look bad since we are taking him to court over this.

02/28/2018

Charles E.

I could not have hired a better team to do the work that I needed done. I had the initial estimates done by T. J. Moore and felt very comfortable with him from the start. When I found out we were fellow military retirees and he quoted me a very fair price I knew I was dealing with a quality organization that I could trust to do the job right. They completed all the work that was outlined in our contract and the jobs were well done. Since the work was completed I have not had one drainage problem regardless of the amount of rain we get and the fence is top quality with the best gates I have ever seen. It is far far better than the one from Lowe’s that I had previously. I would not hesitate to hire Pro Landscapes if I needed any further work done. Quality service and quality people!!

Description of Work
1.Correct a drainage problem 2.Install a new fence

Category fencing, lawn service, drain pipe

Thank you for the kind words and the review. We really appreciate it when we hear from our clients and they give feedback on the experience they had with our company. Give us a call next time you come across any landscaping needs. Chris Moore

11/26/2017

Pamela B.

It now looks so much better! We worked with TJ, who made some great suggestions, was very friendly and nice to work with.

Description of Work
We needed landscaping done from having two trees removed from our front yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Thank you for the review! We appreciate the business and are always here if you need anything else.

09/28/2017

Mike D.

The end result far exceeded my expectations. The job was performed in a timely manner (less than a day). They left the yard and driveway spotless. With the recent rain, the yard was soft, so their heavy equipment left ruts in the yard which were filled with top soil. I could not be happier with the results. I obtained 5 estimates. Although Chris was not the cheapest, I believe I made a wise decision for the money. He had the equipment. He kept me informed. The job went off without a hitch. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
My new driveway about 30 feet of exposed earth 12 to 18 inches high. My choices were to either install landscape timbers or landscape bricks or have it graded. I chose to have it graded. This entailed removing many yards of dirt and grading the slope so that I could plant grass.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thanks for taking the time to write the great review. We also really appreciate the business. I am glad that everything worked out for you and the slope of the sides of the driveway is now correct. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

08/13/2017

Mary M.

The initial landscaping and maintenance of work done has been satisfactory and serviced as needed. All of the lawn care has been done well and maintained as requested. I am quite satisfied by the care and concern shown by the provider.

Description of Work
Landscaping and Lawncare

08/02/2017

Lowry H.

There was four guys, it took them about two hours. They came in and sodded and delivered the day before. It was about 25 square yards. They came the first day and dug it out. It was a three day process. It was fine, I have no complaints.

Description of Work
They replaced some sod.

05/08/2017

Cathy M.

The yard looked beautiful. The work and general cleaning of cutting debris was very satisfactory.

Description of Work
I had routine grass cutting and trimming as well as edging.

04/23/2017

Yeshica P.

Chris and TJ, Pro Landscape they are awesome super professional and very customer service oriented. The entire team was great everyone that worked on our project was super respectful and professional.

Description of Work
Landscaping, sprinkle system installation, lawn installation.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch

JO'S IRRIGATION

COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL IN-GROUND SPRINKLER SYSTEMS, DRILL & INSTALL WELLS, PROVIDE SUBMERSIBLE PUMP INSTALLATION & REPAIR, INSTALL FILTER SYSTEMS FOR DRINKING WATER, TRENCH PLOW & BORE FOR A VARIETY OF UNDERGROUND NEEDS, DESIGN & INSTALL DRAINAGE SYSTEMS & ANNUAL MAINTENANCE INCLUDING WINTERIZING & SPRING START UP.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is a professional residential/commercial exterior services company with over five years of experience in the industry. KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is fully licensed and insured. Cheaper does not always mean better, but KLM Exterior Services prides itself on providing 'Better Work For Better Prices'. We specialize in the following services for both commercial and residential properties: House/Building Washing Dryer Vent Cleaning Gutter Cleaning Window Washing Driveway and sidewalk cleaning Roof washing Yard cleaning Light/Moderate Landscaping Deck Washing We clean Brick, siding, wood, fences, decks, houses, buildings, windows and MORE!!!!! We service all of Hampton Roads, call now for a free estimate!!! Call now to inquire about our multi-service specials, or our rewards/referral programs!!!!!

2022 Super Service Award

Junkluggers of Williamsburg

The Junkluggers of Williamsburg is an environmentally friendly alternative to conventional junk removal, providing sustainable disposable services for homes and businesses. We partner with local charities, donation centers, and recycling centers to try to ensure that most of the items we take find a new home, and we provide you with a tax-deductible receipt for any items we are able to donate on your behalf. We specialize in removing and recycling or donating unwanted residential, commercial, and industrial items. Whether you are emptying out the attic or garage, reorganizing the garage, getting rid of old furniture or appliances, moving offices, or need to clean-up a construction site, our junk removal, and donation process couldn't be simpler. No job is too big or too small. Our professionally trained, friendly employees are ready to help you reclaim your space!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available, American Express, Discover

Residential and Commercial Landscaping design, installation and maintenance; Irrigation design, installation and maintenance including winterization and start up; Drainage and erosion solutions; Sod Installation; Lawn chemical applications; Outdoor living spaces to include patios, walkways, retaining walls, fire pits and kitchens; Landscape lighting; Pond installation; Snow plowing and ice melt; Lawn Maintenance to include mowing, pruning, mulching and much more.

Our company prides ourselves on being a one stop landscape company who can complete the majority of your outdoor projects within our company. We rarely use sub contractors since we hire quality workers who are well trained in several different aspects of outdoor landscaping. If we can not complete a task then we will use sub contractors who we know has a great reputation and will complete a project to our high standards.