Gault Electric LLC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since May 2006

11840 Canon Blvd Ste 200

Newport News, VA 23606

At Gault Electric LLC, we oversee the day to day operations of sales, installations and management of over 20 employees. On an average day, our company processes over 100 inquiries for electrical services. In addition to electrical services, we also offer Heating and Air Conditioning, home stand-by

06/18/2020

Tracie M.

Originally spoke with Brett re: whole home standby generator. We chose not to install but he suggested an alternative for allowing a portable generator to power our panels. The quote, at a bit over $1k, was less than other electricians that don't do this as often. Brady and Alex arrived on time, knew what they were doing, and were polite and professional. Literally turn-key service including the admin folks on the phone. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Sub-panel dual interlock kits for (2) 200amp service panels.

06/15/2020

Jeff H.

Everything went so well. He came right on time and assessed the situation. We spoke about several options and he gave me his opinion that I should pursue the one that was least costly (very honest). He completed the work expeditiously and the price was very reasonable. He cleaned up the area well. Then I asked him if he could help me with something else, and he did so with a smile and at a very reasonable cost. Wow. I am awed by this kind of service.

Description of Work
We needed a new electrical outlet installed in a difficult place

04/26/2019

Wilfred B.

Responded early. All fixtures installed.

Description of Work
Replace three fixtures

04/15/2019

Julia D.

I think the true test of any business is how they respond when the job turns out to be more difficult than expected. I've seen other service professionals take advantage of such situations but Gault did the opposite, worked with the situation until the troubleshooting produced perfect results. What was most remarkable is that they stayed cheerful and polite in what had to be a frustrating situation. Great work by Paul and Robert - Gault Electric is the company I will call whenever I need an electrician. As a bonus, the administrative assistants who answer the phone and handle scheduling are top notch, efficient and very courteous which is unfortunately getting rare these days.

Description of Work
Install 2 Nest doorbells plus new transformer and chime system

Category electrician

We appreciate your review! We are glad you had a great experience with Gault Electric. We look forward to working with you in the future!

03/11/2019

Maureen S.

James was great. He arrived on time, diagnosed the problem and had it fixed quickly. Would def recommend.

Description of Work
The lights in the bathroom weren't working and the ceiling fan lights/fan in the living room room weren't working.

Category lighting

Thank you so much for the great review! It was a pleasure working with you. Be sure to give us a call if there is anything else we can help you with!

11/29/2018

Antares M.

Everyone was very friendly and professional, from making the appointment, to the electricians coming to fix the box. The guys even called and came out hours before my slotted appointment because they had another customer that wasn't available for their time slot. They were great with my 3 year old daughter, and my small dog running around. The job was completed in about 45 minutes and they were very understanding about me getting my daughter out of the bath since they came early. The only complaint I have (it's a minimal one, and the only reason they didn't get "A" ratings across the board) things got a little messy. The screw that held the box to the 2x4 was stripped, so in order for them to get the old box off, they had to saw it off. I hadn't anticipated this so I didn't move any of the items on the sink counter underneath, namely our toothbrushes. They didn't tell me to move them (in their defense I was busy in another room with my daughter), they didn't move them for me either. As a result I have had to switch out my families toothbrushes before we needed to, but it's a small price to pay for a job otherwise well done, in a timely, and friendly manner.

Description of Work
Needed the blue electrical box, that houses the the wires for our bathroom light fixture, and attaches the light fixture to the wall, replaced. Discovered about 5 days before they came to fix it, that the box was broken where the box holds the nut for the light fixture.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review! We apologize things got a little messy and will be sure to remind our technicians to clear their workspace. Please feel free to contact our office if there is anything else we can help you with!

11/06/2018

Craig M.

My ceiling fan/light fixture stopped working so I called Gault Electric and they set up an appointment for someone to come out and fix it. The were very friendly when I spoke to them on the phone and made me feel welcome so that was a good first impression. The electrician arrived on time, I showed him the problem and he diagnosed and fixed it in less than 5 minutes. The electrician was friendly and professional and I was extremely pleased that he was able to fix the problem so quickly and easily. I will definitely use this company again if I have any electrical issues.

Description of Work
Ceiling Fan/Light Fixture Not Working

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our services and look forward to working with you again in the future.

10/19/2018

Bill J.

Very responsive on the bid process, and a very thorough technician (Brett) came to our home and rapidly (within 1 business day) provided a very competitive bid. We are still in a bidding process and will decide on the winner this week.

Description of Work
Replace a 12 year old 25 KW Generac Generator with a new one

Category generator service

09/29/2018

Philippa D.

Work was done professionally and competently.

Description of Work
Change a Breaker

07/10/2018

Frank V.

The work took about ten hours and a crew of up to six for various phases. In addition to placing the generator, trenching for the natural gas line was needed plus installation of two panels feeding the electrical supply panels. Cables needed to be snaked through a finished basement chase from one side of the house (generator) to the other side (electrical supply service). There was no damage anywhere and the crew cleaned up perfectly. They were happy to answer any questions I had during the work

Description of Work
Installation of a 22kw natural gas standby generator

Category electrician, generator service

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure working with you and we hope you enjoy your new whole home generator. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything else we can help you with.

06/27/2018

John Michael L.

Outstanding performance, on time, competent workers, excellent solution, courteous and appreciative. Hire Gault for your electrical needs.

Description of Work
Replace attic fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again. Please feel free to contact our office if there is anything else we can help you with.

03/15/2018

Joe K.

The estimator and installer were both professional and responsive. The two outlets look great, the drywall looks perfect. One outlet was wired from an outlet on the side of the wall, and the other outlet had to be run from a switch up to attic and down into another wall. A little expensive, but considering no drywall damage, and the difficulty of threading wire up and down wall cavities, I am happy that I did not try to do it myself!

Description of Work
2 interior outlets

Category electrician

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear that you are happy with the work completed. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

01/01/2018

Robert O.

The owner came to provide an estimate and review the scope of work. We agreed to terms and he scheduled the install on the spot. Technician arrived and performed work, gas contractor completed his piece and maintenance tech performed the start up. No snags-I recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
Connect our 10K generator to our new home

12/29/2017

Anne S.

excellent. Gault was a great company to work with. They responded to all our questions, worked with our HOA, did all the permit work. It could not have gone better.

Description of Work
Installation of a whole house generator.

10/04/2017

Frank V.

We’ve only had electrical services once. They were recommended by the service manager from the builder. We might have even met them at the home show. We called for an estimate and they were out the next day to give us an estimate. The gentleman spent a fair amount of time just discussing options, then reviewing everything. He explained what they do and we agreed to the work. They scheduled it for about 2 days later. They came out and did the work quickly. They had to do some wall board cutting to get the surge protectors in under the panels. They cleaned up everything. Everything worked fine. They stayed and balanced the fan blades so it worked, so it didn’t vibrate at all. They were quick, clean and efficient.

Description of Work
We had two whole house surge protectors put in, one on each power panel. We had them install a ceiling fan on our front porch.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

We are glad t hear you had a great experience and we appreciate your positive feedback! It was a pleasure working with you. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future.

09/28/2017

John W.

They were ~2 hours after the window, but did a super job. He REALLY knew his stuff and fairly quickly isolated a fairly hidden problem behind a light switch cover (I never would have found it had I tried...not sure I knew where to start anyway). Very professional. Would recommend them!

Description of Work
20 AMP breaker would not reset.

08/07/2017

Christine M.

Excellent company with a very professional and punctual staff. Worked was completed in a timely manner and they nicely cleaned up afterwards. Generator has been a great investment.

Description of Work
Generator, electrical outlets, and lighting installed.

Category electrician, lighting, generator service

Thank you for the great review! We hope you enjoy your new generator.

05/18/2017

William N.

It went well and I would use them again.

Description of Work
We had front and back exterior outlets installed, one outlet installed in the kitchen, and ceiling fan rated junction boxes in two rooms.

Category electrician

Thank you for the positive feedback! We hope to work with you again in the future.

04/05/2017

B T.

Very professional. Contract was spot on. Albert Cannon, Master HVAC and Gas Fitter, is exceptional and pays attention to detail. Explain all that would be done. Took the extra time and effort to make sure that all was perfect and that we know how the smart thermostats worked. My standards are high and they were met without my having to come behind and check. I have used Gault before for generator installation, which was also excellent. I was not disappointed and strongly recommend Gault. Great company to work with--true professionals.

Description of Work
Two 17 year oldHVCA units replace with new Trane equipment. One heat pump and air handler and one gas furnace and AC outside unit. Also included were construction of stand for the outside units, humidifier, drain pan with sensors, and smart thermostats. Systems were high tech split Trane XV20 series with thermostats communicating with and controlling indoor unit and outsider units to maximize efficiency and minimize sound and fan speeds. .

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Joe B.

I had met with a few contractors seeking bids to install a generator. Gault Electric gave me an estimate I could not refuse. Working with Mike Gault we talked about my options and what type of generator I should look into. He was very knowledgeable and friendly as we worked to set up a scheduling schedule. The part we could not schedule was getting a gas hookup for the house. He assured me all would be taken care of. I said ok and we agreed on pricing and scheduling. I was impressed on how fast things started to happen then. Kaylyn from the office contacted me to make sure of information for permits and inspections. Julie, also in the office, contacted me about the gas hookup. As per schedule, the generator was installed by Mike, James and his helper (I forgot his name) . They worked quietly but fast and cleaned up when leaving so except for times when interaction was necessary they did not disturb anyone. The worked stopped for a few days while waiting for the gas installation. Once that was completed they promptly returned and completed the generator install. I would recommend Gault Electric for any electric task that needs to be done. I have already talked to Mike about my next project.

Description of Work
installation of whole house 24x7 generator.

Category electrician, generator service

Thank you so much! We are so glad everything ran smooth and you are happy with the job. We look forward to working with you again.

Joe B.

I have entered this before. I think they did a great job and the generator has saved me some downtime a few times already. The company, service, and generator are all great.

Description of Work
generator installation

Category electrician, lighting, generator service

Joe B.

I had met with a few companies for estimates to have an 24x7 active Generator for the whole house. Gault Electric came in with a price I could not pass up. I sat with Mike Gault and we went over everything about the generator and pricing along with options. When I accepted Mike and I set up a schedule. The only issue we had to the schedule was getting gas supplied to the house. Mike and staff took care of all aspects of getting the generator installed. This included permits, inspections, and helping getting gas to the generator. All schedules were met to the point of waiting for the gas company to complete their task. As soon as the gas was run to the house Gault came out and completed the installation of the generator quickly. Gault electric met their schedules working around the gas company. The day I told Mike I wanted him to do the work Kaylyn contacted me to get the information needed for the permits and Julie contacted me about information concerning the gas installation. I was thoroughly impressed by the fast action of his office staff. They both have helped me promptly when requested. James, who is one of the Gault electricians was fast and thorough on the installation. I didn't get the name of his assistant but between the two of them they worked quietly and fast while keeping the area clean. I would not only recommend Mike, his office staff , and technician with his helper to anyone who wants electrical work completed, I have already talked to Mike about another job I will like to schedule soon.

Description of Work
Installation of whole house Generator.

Joe B.

I met with a few contractors and Gault Electric beat all their prices. I met with Mike Gault and we set up a schedule. I had gas service that had been turned off for over 20 years. Mike and his staff took care of the total installation, including getting gas turned on and a gas meter installed for the generator, permits and inspections. Turning on the gas and getting the meter installed, stalled the completion of getting the generator activated but as soon as the gas was completed Gault technicians were on site to complete the task in a highly acceptable time

Description of Work
full time all house home generator installation.

09/05/2016

Marcus T.

They broke our new outdoor light on July 29, 2016 and promised to replace it right away. We have called them at least 6 times now and we get the same excuse. "The part was back ordered, or the part was shipped and lost or the part needs to be picked up at UPS". The light was broken by Gault Electric on July 29, 2016 and it is now September 5, 2016 and, it is STILL broken!!!!

Description of Work
Move back porch light and install new outdoor light to accomodate installation of porch awning

Category electrician

Unfortunately, the light was lost in shipping multiple times. In addition, we had two back-to-back hurricanes that hit the area in which we service. This is not an excuse, but a reality that caused us here at Gault Electric to go from around 100 calls a day to approximately 400 calls. Being in the service and emergency repair business, our services were sought after and stretched to unchartered waters. In an attempt to make everyone happy, our employees were working 6-7 days a week and some of our procedures were not followed as normal. It is my understanding that the light issue has been resolved.

09/02/2016

James P.

Terrible! I called on Wed (8/31) to request service. I told the lady I spoke with at Gault that I thought the problem was associated with a "potential problem" they had ID'd during a previous service. She told me someone would be at my home today (9/2) between 3:00PM - 5:00PM. I called the Gault office at about 4:15PM to confirm someone was coming and to also confirm they would have the parts to at least fix the issue I described. The lady I spoke with notified me that NO ONE would be coming today and my appointment was rescheduled for 9/9!!! If I had not called, I would have never known nobody would be coming and to make matters worse, my Generator will not be working the weekend we are expecting a severe "Tropical Storm." They are obviously a company that is NOT reliable.

Description of Work
Repair a problem with my whole house Generator.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, generator service

As we have stated in a previous response about the tropical storms/ hurricanes, Gault Electric experienced an influx of calls from an average of 100 to approximately 400 calls a day that seemed to go on for weeks. The reality is that there are 3 employees that work in the office for Gault Electric and the phones rang relentlessly and we tried desperately to accommodate and repair as many projects we could. Unfortunately, some customers fell through the cracks. The storms were back to back and overlapped that cause havoc, not only for us, but also for our suppliers, vendors, etc.