Midlothian Mechanical

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2007

1500 Huguenot Rd. #101

Midlothian, VA 23113

Residential and commercial heating, air conditioning & plumbing. Whole house generators too. Additional email - kkirsh@midlomechanical.com. Additional contact name - Kevin Kirsh....

06/22/2022

Chris P.

I highly recommend Midlothian Mechanical. My parents bought a Ryan Home in a 55+ community a year and a half ago. The home was actually built for them. Entering the first summer (4-6 months after moving in) the AC did not work. My parents called the company that installed the unit to come out and were charged an outrageous amount, when it should have been free under warranty. Never buy anything that Ryan Homes makes!!!!! Entering this summer the unit did not work again. I told my parents to use Midlothian Mechanical. I have used them for 17 years and they helped me out of a similar bind when I bought my house. They were beyond fair to me for the work they had to do at my home. My unit has worked perfectly ever since. When I called for my parents they fit them in right away. They worked 6-8 hours on repairing what the builder put in. In fact the owner of Midlothian Mechanical came out himself to help the technician track down the issues. The unit now works great, but more importantly he/they were beyond fair to my parents. He could have charged them dearly for their time and effort and been well within their right as it was a big task to backtrack and find all the other company's mistakes. I won't give the price but I will tell you I was trying to get them to take more. I definitely believe my parents were under charged for the excellent service and expertise they received. If you have an issue with your HVAC do yourself a favor and call Midlothian Mechanical. Chris Pizzini

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Repair

10/20/2020

George R.

I have always been very satisfied with Midlothian. I would like to acknowledge Blake. He was extremely polite and answered all my questions straight forward and in terms that I could understand. I would request Blake for maintenance and service. He is fearless in those enclosed crawl spaces. Thank You Blake. Beau Robinson

Description of Work
HVAC CHECK AND SERVICE

07/03/2019

Janice N.

I paid for an annual maintenance contract with this company last year on the advice of a neighbor who worked there. When the employee came to perform maintenance on my two hvac systems he literally did nothing. I gave him furnace filters which I had purchased and asked him to replace the filters while he performed his "maintenance". He didn't even do that. He merely left the new filters on top of the hvac units. I called to complain and said I didn't want to continue my relationship with them even though I had paid for the whole year, I didn't want my 2nd visit, I was told I had to write a letter explaining my reasons. I just gave my reasons over the phone. Today, I received a bill for another year. When I called, I was told again that I had to send them a letter to cancel or they would mark my account "delinquent". At this point I am feeling harassed by this company. They can keep the money I have already paid them for services they never performed, all I want is for them to leave me alone.

Description of Work
Annual HVAC maintenance

03/26/2018

Ashley R.

Midlothian Mechanical will not pay their contractors for work already completed, and they have received payment from the customer. Very disappointing!

Description of Work
Payment for work completed

08/25/2017

David C.

We love them. The cost was free because I have a maintenance agreement with them.

Description of Work
They came out for spring service. They changed the filters and made sure everything was running correctly.

08/09/2017

Susan E.

They've been servicing our equipment for the last 8 or 10 years. They're fine, they're not cheap, they're no the greatest thing ever going. We go on an annual contract, we got two units. We use them begrudgingly. We know their management and it's very responsive. They're familiar with us and our units. They're fine, they're good. Richmond has two or three good HVAC people, these are one of them.

Description of Work
Serviced equipment.

06/06/2017

Thomas B.

Prompt courteous service. Minor delay since workers showed up with wrong type of water heater; promptly addressed and had installed in matter of hours.

Description of Work
Replaced cracked waterheater

Category water heater repair

04/13/2017

Bill L.

they did an excellent job and did it in the time frame.

Description of Work
4 mini-splits installed

04/04/2017

Sarah V.

They were quick, easy to work with. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They installed an new heat pump.

09/20/2016

Evan R.

It went well. Technician arrived on time and acted professionally. Gave me some advice on my systems which I appreciated.

Description of Work
Annual maintenance, heat pump repair

06/23/2016

Susan S.

* Technician was knowledgeable * Office appeared disorganized. I did not receive invoices for any work done. I called the office and was able to get them emailed to me. I did not receive a promised call back for service requested. I called them after waiting 2 days. Service was very polite and I could tell they were trying to help. Maybe new staff? * It was painful to pay $695 just to find out I needed to replace the evaporator coil. Granted, this price included 3 pounds of refrigerant. They charge a flat $362 for the leak search regardless of how long it takes. This may be standard practice at all places, however. * The quote to replace the coil seemed way out of the average range. According to the website airconditionerprice.com this should run somewhere between $650 and $1200 based on your region. The quote was $1671. I found a provider on this website with high reviews that did it for $800.

Description of Work
Diagnostic; recharge system with 3 pounds of Freon and conduct a leak search

06/18/2015

Richard A.

They are as good as the company that maintained my equipment in my last house. The costs are in line with the other vendors in the area and I would probably hire them for future work as I do keep them on an annual basis.

Description of Work
They maintain my heating and A/C systems semi-annually.

06/17/2015

Charlotte S.

They did a terrific job. I have a really small utility room, with a cut out for the water heater. They were so meticulous and they measured it carefully and researched to make sure that the water heater would fit properly. They were prompt too, since we were in an emergency.

Description of Work
They installed our water heater about 6 weeks ago.

Category water heater repair

Thank you very much. We really appreciate your business!

05/12/2015

Curtis W.

I liked these guys when they first installed the system. Got the feeling they were fair and not trying to screw me. But over the years, I've become less sure of that. I also had a system installed in another house I own and have had nothing but problems with it. Every new season, heat or cooling, it requires a service. As soon as the final warranty expires on the equipment, I'm outta there. I have never found a hvac company I was pleased with after a few years and that streak unfortunately continues.

Description of Work
Replaced a board that they had installed with the system. I was told that this was not the same board they replaced just a few months ago, but I had no way to verify that. Sounded like the same thing. The problem was the same.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear (removed member name), It was good meeting with you yesterday. I was glad the issue was not related to the hvac system we installed. I understand the frustration of having repeated service calls. This is frustrating for us too, as the customer often places the blame on us. Unfortunately, equipment manufactured today is just not made the way it used to be, principally with parts made in the USA. That is why most manufacturers have been forced to offer a ten year parts warranty. I would hope your overall rating of Midlothian Mechanical is based more on our response time to your issues and our dedication to customer service. Please do not hesitate to call me at 379-6222 should you wish to discuss further. Sincerely, John Gibson, Residential Service Manager

05/01/2015

David C.

Very friendlyknowledgeable helpful and complete. I'm going to be calling this company back when we are able to redo our furnace and duct work.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

04/21/2015

Susan H.

I didn't see from the thermostat but from my bills that I was on emergency heat. I finally determined the blades outside weren't spinning, and called Midlo Mechanical. They were very professional and courteous, both on the phone and the technician. He quickly determined that the outside unit wasn't getting any juice. Once power to the unit was restored, I was 'good to go'. Trust me when I say that the fuse box will be the first thing I check next time. But I hadn't had the unit serviced in-- too long, and with coupons and signing up for maintenance, they didn't charge me for that call. The tech did not pressure me into signing up for a maintenance package, he only told me what they were; seeing how long I let servicing the unit go, I thought it best for me to be on a maintenance plan. I don't like to give all 'A's, I had a bad experience with who put in the new heat pump about 2 years ago and decided I would not rate with too many 'A's, but I don't have anything that I didn't like about the visit. I would tell anyone who would ask me about this company to go ahead and call them.

Description of Work
Got the unit off of emergency heat and operating; performed a regular servicing.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review and comments. There are many benefits available with our Customer Service Agreements(CSA). We find most customers will experience $$$ utility savings that totally offset the cost of the CSA. We are grateful and pleased to have you as a customer!

02/10/2015

EJ B.

I cannot speak highly enough about this company. My a/c went out during one of the hottest weeks of the summer - 98 and 99 degree days. I called several companies and no one could do the work right away - I got estimates between 3 days to 2 weeks. I explained to each company that I had 3, 17 year old, long-hair kitties that were suffering with the heat. Midlothian Mechanical sent a rep out within hours. He took the time to explain the difference between the units he recommended so that I could make a good decision on which unit to purchase. He charged the broken unit with Freon two times at no charge. He must def be an animal lover because he said he had a job the next day that could be rearranged and they could install the units the next day. He bent over backwards for me (and my old senior kitties) and I very much appreciate it. The heat pump and air handler were installed professionally and quickly, without incident. I LOVE my new YORK heat pump - it even looks good! BTW, the "he" I am speaking of is Kevin (one of the owners). I didn't even know I was speaking to the owner until we were well into the conversation. Very nice person, great company and excellent YORK product. I am very very pleased and I highly recommend Midlothian Mechanical and they're yearly maintenance plan.

Description of Work
Replaced heat pump and inside unit (air handler).

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you so much for your kind comments!

11/12/2014

Glenn P.

They were fast, friendly, and professional. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Serviced air conditioning in our multi-floor building, which has separate units for each floor.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You Sir! It is a pleasure doing business with you.

11/03/2014

Alan T.

The technician was prompt and efficient. He took the cover off the main unit, checked Freon levels, coils, motors and other components. Everything checked out. However, after the technician left, we noticed that the AC was not working - the fan was running constantly but it was not cooling the air. We called Midlothian Mechanical back and they adjusted schedules to send the same technician back that afternoon. It turns out that he had somehow managed to knock one of the plugs on the coils off and all of the Freon had escaped. The technician filled the system with Freon and replaced the plug and everything is working fine.

Description of Work
We have an annual service contract on our heat pump. They checked everything out to make sure it working properly for the winter season.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Mr [member name removed]. The refrigerant access valves have a Schrader screwed into them, similar to the valve stem on an automotive tire. Yours had worked its way loose, most probably when Robert removed his gauges on the earlier visit. It was our fault, so obviously no charge to you. Thank you for your business!

10/13/2014

Kirk B.

Job was well-planned and completed. The pump has functioned flawlessly. Very professional and on time. Price quote was exactly the same as the final charge.

Description of Work
Installed a pump to remove heat pump condensation outflow.

06/08/2014

Steve O.

Arrived on time as scheduled with a phone call in advance for same day service call. He spent some quality time diagnosing the problem, enough to satisfy the equipment manufacturer that the device was faulty and it wasn't the installer (me). Final bill for about an hours worth of diagnostics seemed a little steep, but I don't know the going rates in the area for comparison...

Description of Work
Troubleshooting of a troublesome thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business!

02/27/2014

Pat W.

I was told that the problem was solved but if it happened again, a new part would have to be installed. It happened again, but because I was still under warranty the company has already ordered the new part. I was treated as if I were paying out of my own pocket. We have found this company to go above and beyond.

Description of Work
Repaired heat pump.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You! We appreciate your kind comments. For any customer that has a Customer Service Agreement (CSA), we warranty all repairs for three years. To the best of my knowledge, none of our competitors offer this. For customers who purchase a replacement system from us, we offer parts and labor warranties up to ten years!

08/15/2013

Bryan B.

The sales rep was straightforward. Everything he presented upfront was taken care of. The entire crew was professional.

Description of Work
We used Midlothian Mechanical to replace a downstairs A/C unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You [member name removed]. We appreciate your business and kind words. Todd Johnson President

07/08/2013

Kenneth J.

It was a wrong impression on my part that this would be a servicing of the unit. It was more of an evaluation of the unit. In the future I will read the agreement more closely.

Description of Work
They didn't clean cooling unit in furnace. Opened cover partically and used flashlight to examine coil and. stated that it was clean enough. Made an examination of furnance. Ducks were inadequate and intake air was insufficent at 16 by 20.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Sorry, but for $59, you do not get cleaning of anything. You paid for a diagnostic inspection. Your rating in this matter is unfair. Feel free to call me to discuss. Todd Johnson, President ph 804-379-6222

07/01/2013

Alison C.

He was friendly, on time and professional.

Description of Work
I called them to get an estimate on installing a new A/C unit. Their estimate fell in line with the others that I got. I had another company offer us a free air cleaner so we decided to use them. I was very happy with my interaction with Midlothian Mechanical though.

Short Pump Heating, Air & Plumbing

Short Pump Heating, Air & Plumbing is a locally owned and operated, full-service heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning company. With more than 40 years of experience, Short Pump Heating and Air is one of the most respected companies in the Richmond area. Chuck Seay, Matt Seay and Ryan Lancaster, our hands-on owners, design and inspect every new system we install. Our reputation for quality work in the area is unsurpassed. We go above and beyond the standard practices in our industry and guarantee 100% satisfaction. Richmond area homeowners recognize Short Pump Heating and Air as the place to go for high quality service and installation of all heating and cooling systems. Our expert staff, unmatched selection, and reasonable prices have helped Short Pump Heating and Air earn a reputation for convenience, quality, and value. Visit Us At www.shortpumpair.com

CXL Plumbing

We specialize in all residential plumbing needs: drain cleaning, water heater repair/replacement, service/replacement of garbage disposals and dishwasher, toilet repair/ replacement. Leaking faucet? Bath tub backing up? No problem! We are a small business with 20+ years of experience and a life long resident of the area. We value our customers as family and we would love for you to join our family.

Southern Companies of VA Inc

We specialize in plumbing services, repairs, inspections, installations, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today! 8042140363

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential installation and repair of heating, air conditioning, gas pipe, tankless water heaters & generators.

Duct and drain cleaning, residential plumbing.