Howdyshell Flooring Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2010

2919 Oak Lake Blvd

Midlothian, VA 23112

Family-owned & operated business specializing in all your flooring needs. HFI is a class B contractor with all the licensing & insurance required. We maintain full-time employees, provide free estimates, and accept major credit cards. Please come in and visit our showroom or call for more information at 804-467-7925....

12/30/2021

Sharon E.

We were very pleased with all components of this process. The customer service, installation, and final product were wonderful. It feels like a new house. We highly recommend HowdyShell for your hardwood flooring.

Description of Work
replacing carpet with hardwood floors, sanding old hardwood floors, matching the new and old wood flooring

11/18/2021

Jennifer A.

They were fantastic! We love the new floors. They were professional and efficient. We had the floors in a few hours. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor installation

Category hardwood floor

Dear Mrs. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for writing this awesome review about your experience with Howdyshell Flooring. It was our sincere pleasure working with you. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

06/21/2021

Kathleen Y.

Howdyshell did a great job on our floors. From start to finish they did exactly what they said they would do in the timeframe expected. We had hardwood installed/then sanding, staining, and sealing in the rest of the 1st floor. We are very pleased w/how it turned out and will definitely use them for future projects.

Description of Work
Flooring

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Dear Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your positive review for Howdyshell Flooring, Inc. It was our pleasure to serve you and we enjoyed working with you on this project. We'd like to let you know that we do have an attractive referral program so we hope to hear your name in the future. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

06/11/2021

Darrell O.

They did not order enough flooring, had to come back a second day

Description of Work
Flooring

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. We appreciate the feedback and apologize if returning to your home a second day caused you any hardship. We hope that you are pleased with your new floors. Once again, thank you for this review. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

03/10/2021

Philip I.

Howdyshell Flooring did an amazing job. I will definitely use them again. They were helpful with the selection of the different types of flooring available and educated me so I felt very confident in what I had chosen. They are courteous, professional, and do the job in a timely manner. My floors look absolutely beautiful and so happy that I used Howdyshell flooring.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors for new build

Category flooring contractor

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for writing this awesome review about your experience with Howdyshell Flooring. As a retail customer, we rely heavily on repeat customers and referrals. We are pleased we met your turnaround time to complete this job. We are committed to providing high quality service and exceeding our customers expectations in all aspects of each project. It was our sincere pleasure working with you. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

03/09/2021

Bryan A.

I would highly recommend HFI to anyone looking to install and or refinish hardwood floors. They were very responsive and stood behind their work 100%. They are busy so prepare to wait a few weeks before They start but worth it!

Description of Work
Install hardwoods and refinish flooring

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for your positive review for Howdyshell Flooring, Inc. It was our pleasure to serve you and we enjoyed working with you on this project. We'd like to let you know that we do have an attractive referral program so we hope to hear your name in the future. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

11/24/2020

Misty W.

We’ve used Howdyshell Flooring several times over the past 22 years and have always been pleased with the results and the service. They made our floors look brand new and our house sold quickly!

Description of Work
Refinish hardwood floors

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed]: We truly appreciate your kind words. At Howdyshell Flooring, we rely on repeat customers and referrals; we are so glad that you took the time to share your experience with us. In addition, and under these unprecedented times, we are very pleased that your new floors helped to sell your home. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

11/07/2020

Ralph T.

Absolutely outstanding service. As with the first time we had Howdyshell Flooring do work for us, they were so customer friendly! Not only is their work impeccable, but they were so timely. We needed the work done in short order and they completed the job in plenty of time. I would not use any other company in the area. If service and timeliness isn't enough, you cannot beat their price.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors put in. Carpet replaced in a room.

09/02/2020

Mary K.

Great! I love my new hardwood floors. I felt like Howdyshell did a top notch job and was very happy with the outcome. They are a very friendly company to work with and I will be recommending them to friends.

Description of Work
I had my hardwood floors redone for the entire downstairs

Category flooring contractor

Dear [Member Name Removed]: Thank you so much for your kind words. Please accept our apology in not responding sooner. We are pleased that you fully enjoy your floors. We appreciate your willingness to recommend us to your friends! When we ask your friends, "How did you hear about Howdyshell Flooring?", make sure that they state your name. At Howdyshell, we treasure our prior customers as well as new customers based on referrals. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

05/11/2020

Catal B.

I had a room with laminate flooring that I wanted replaced with hardwood to match an adjacent room and a damaged hardwood hallway that needed to be removed and replaced. I was super pleased with the work that was done and am incredibly happy with how it all turned out. The crew that worked at my home were pleasant, polite and punctual and did a great job with installation and removal. I couldn't be happier and would definitely both recommend Howdyshell and would hire them again for my flooring needs.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Installation/Replacement

Category flooring contractor

At Howdyshell Flooring, we are pleased that you are completely satisfied with your new flooring. We are grateful for your service and truly appreciate this review. Steve I., Owner

02/11/2020

Robert Z.

Great. Howdyshell Flooring employees were all great to work with, good natured, down-to-earth, not pushy, and..... most importantly, they did what they said they would do when they said they would do it. superb follow through that is typically sorely lacking in residential trade contractors. The office staff were responsive, the estimator was very friendly and professional, and the 2 man installation crew showed up and completed the job in a day. When the finish/stain crew finished, I couldn't tell the new floor from the old floor. Howdyshell was a great choice.

Description of Work
Needed oak hardwood installed to match existing 45 year old oak floor in living room

Category hardwood floor

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for writing this awesome review about your experience with Howdyshell Flooring. It can be a bit scary when matching new installation with existing hardwood. We are so pleased that the finished product is seamless. We are committed to providing high quality service and exceeding our customers expectations from our first contact with you to the final coat. It was our sincere pleasure working with you. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

12/28/2019

Kevin B.

The whole process went great. We are very happy with the pine floors. They worked with me to get the color I wanted perfect. Everyone was very professional. We remodeled our downstairs. After working with different contractors. The easiest and best experience was working with Howdyshell Flooring. I will hire them again.

Description of Work
Refinish existing pine flooring and install of new pine flooring in kitchen and dining room.

Category hardwood floor

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that you are happy with your floors and working with the Howdyshell Flooring family. Please keep us in mind for other projects for you and/or your friends; we have nice referral program.

10/30/2019

James I.

Excellent. It's been awhile since I've worked with a contractor that really was committed to customer service and satisfaction. The work was great. There was a small area where the finish had dripped, and they came out and fixed in. Floors look great, workers were all very professional. Estimates and scheduling were easy. Very, very pleased with the whole experience and the results.

Description of Work
Sanding, refinishing hardwood floors in first floor; replacing bad boards in bathroom

Category hardwood floor

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your positive review and it was a pleasure working with you.

10/01/2019

Jean P.

They created a beautiful pattern in the kitchen to offset the area and did a flush mount vent/cover that is terrific in that high traffic area.

Description of Work
They matched our existing wood flooring so that entire first floor is now wood, looks great.

Category flooring contractor

It was a pleasure to work with you. Thank you for your kind words!

09/20/2019

Anne S.

It was excellent. We couldn't ask for anything much better. Every one was professional and courteous. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
They re-finished the hardwood floor and closet.

Category hardwood floor

It was our pleasure to work with you; thank you for your kind words.

09/20/2019

Stephen P.

It went pretty well. I don't have any complaint and they did a very good job.

Description of Work
They lay down some new luxury vinyl tiles.

Category flooring contractor

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]: We enjoyed working with you and the multiple projects for which you are responsible. Thank you for your positive review.

09/16/2019

Deb B.

Showroom had a large selection of styles to choose from, and the staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Selection and quote met our budget. Installation team arrived on time and installed the floors, new quarter round, door thresholds, and did a great clean up, all within 6 hours.

Description of Work
Two 40 year old bathroom floors replaced.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your kind words and for choosing Howdyshell Flooring for bathroom floor replacement project.

08/12/2019

Amit K.

Never received a quote after the visit

Description of Work
Flooring for kitchen and bathrooms

Category hardwood floor

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]: We are truly sorry that we did not provide you with an estimate following your appointment on 7/19/2019. Unfortunately, your information "fell through the cracks" on our end. At this point, we are most willing to provide you with an estimate for installing hardwood in the kitchen (laminate) and two bathrooms. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

07/23/2019

Amy E.

Howdyshell Flooring is our first and only call for hardwood floor installation and refinishing. During a recent renovation, they matched new hardwood floors with 40 year old hardwood floors, refinished the whole space and made it look seamless! From first call to project completion, the Howdyshell team is top-notch! Everyone is professional, courteous, and prompt - they treat your home like it's their own. As a Realtor, I highly recommend Howdyshell Flooring to my clients because I know they will receive excellent service, quality products and fair pricing. We are looking forward to working with Howdyshell on future projects (next up is a bathroom renovation with LVP), and I'll certainly continue to recommend Howdyshell Flooring to clients and colleagues!

Description of Work
Install new hardwood & refinish existing hardwood floors

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to working with you in the future. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

06/07/2019

valerie D.

Very well! The communication between the office, me and the installers was spot on. The installers were professional, hard working, and the job was done in one day. All my questions and concerns were dealt with in a timely manner and to my satisfaction. This business is about doing quality work, listening to the customer, in a timely reasonably priced manner. We will use them again when we finish replacing the carpet in the rest of the bedrooms.

Description of Work
Carpet and particle board pulled up and replaced with pre-finished hardwood flooring in two bedrooms and hallway.

02/14/2019

Sal F.

Great experience. Materials arrived when scheduled, crew was here early on the day of installation. Highly skilled tradesmen, they had to match the new floor to the existing hardwood. Once finished you can’t tell where the old ends and new begins. Look at the photo. The were fast neat and did an exceptional job. My family room looks awesome. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replace carpeting in family room with hardwood

Category hardwood floor

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. We are so glad that you are totally pleased with the finished product and the seamlessness between the old and new flooring. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

12/14/2018

Daniel C.

Floors look good. There are a couple spots I will need to touch up on a wall and my base boards that have I'll call it splash over.

Description of Work
Screen and Coat

12/10/2018

Donna C.

From the first time I called their business, everyone worked to accommodate our time frame. They were punctual, polite and friendly, from the wonderful lady who answers the phone to one of the owners who came to give us a quote. We had a last minute change in our closing date and they worked with us to get our hardwood installed before we moved in. The floors were installed efficiently and all debris cleaned from the area. We now have beautiful floors that adjoin existing hardwood perfectly. We could not be happier with our experience and will definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Replace carpet with Bruce hardwood in master bedroom, hall and walk in closets

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Dear Mrs. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for your thoughtful review. It was a joy to work with you from the start of your project through its completion. We truly appreciate your business. Sincerely, The Howdyshell Flooring Family

09/14/2018

Amy E.

We could not be happier with the work by Howdyshell Flooring! They have refinished floors in two of our homes from dark walnut to beautiful natural finish. They were able to match 40 year old white oak hardwood to new wood and the finish is flawless - you can't tell a difference between the old and new! The staff and technicians are professional, knowledgeable, respectful of our home, and 100% committed to client satisfaction. As a Realtor, I recommend Howdyshell Flooring to all my clients and fellow realtors, and will happily use their service in the future.

Description of Work
Installation and refinishing of hardwood floors

05/04/2018

Lori B.

Howdyshell Flooring did a fantastic job installing Hallmark Engineered flooring in our master bedroom and upstairs hallways, and even installed other tile in our bathroom although they didn't sell this product. They went above and beyond our expectations for quality work, even fixing the subfloor to eliminate squeaks that had bothered us for years! They were very professional, showing up at the scheduled time and finishing the job on the day they had promised. The price was very reasonable compared with other estimates for engineered hardwoods. We could not be happier with the engineered flooring product that is as beautiful as it is durable with our pets and busy family in heavy traffic areas.

Description of Work
Installed Hallmark Flooring in master bedroom and hallways