Aikey's Home Improvements LLC

Founded 1959 • With Angi since February 2011

4.3

14100 Whirlaway Way

Midlothian, VA 23112

Additional website - bbbxpress.com/aikeys_home_improvements_llc....

05/07/2013

Cindy K.

We made an appointment with Aikey's Home Improvements, LLC, they came out, took at a look at the plumbing leak and he said the would get back to us with an estimate and he never got back to us. He at first kept on cancelling his appointment. He should have told us when he came in that the job was too small or he couldn't do it instead of wasting my time by saying he will get back with an estimate.

Description of Work
We tried to use Aikey's Home Improvements, LLC.We had a plumbing leak on the roof of the first floor and we had some rotting wood.

Category plumbing, roofing

My apologies if there was a misunderstanding. I told the potential client several times, that we were not a plumber. I don't know how I could be clearer that they needed a plumber, and that was outside the scope of my license. As a General Contractor, we subcontract all plumbing work out. This was a plumbing repair job that as I told them more than once, while I know how to replace a toilet, they needed a professional plumber.

07/15/2012

James P.

We were surprised that the job was done without any attempt to gouge us on the repair of the rot. As stated above, we were hardly impacted at all. The only (tiny) negative thing that happened was damage to a small Japanese maple. Fortunately, the plant healed itself so this in itself turned out not to be a problem.

Description of Work
The siding on our home had to be replaced because the wooden siding was rotting. Besides the siding, there was a lot of rot underneath the exterior on the 2X4s and other supporting lumber. All work was completed professionally and with little impact on us. The price of the high quality siding was very fair We were surprised that the cost of removing and repairing internal rot was done at a very good price. This was a very large and messy job. Everyday before leaving the vast majority of debris cleaned up and placed in the vendor supplied dumpster.

Category siding

03/16/2012

William S.

They do siding, windows, and roofs. On the siding job, they first came out to give us an estimate. We had received estimates from several companies. Theirs was not the lowest estimate, but it was the most inclusive estimate we received. We have a lot of wood on our house, in addition to the siding, and they racked all that and included it in the estimate, in addition to doing the siding. The quality of wood was good. They also put up gutters for us at the same time. We haven’t had any problems with it, or with any of the other work they did. That’s one of the reasons we’ve called them back out again to do our roof. Their price and quality of materials were good, as was their communication. When they were through, they cleaned up. They were very responsive.

Description of Work
Aikey’s Home Improvements put siding on my house several years ago. They will be coming out again soon to give me an estimate for my roof.

Category gutter repair, siding

11/11/2011

Pam C.

He drove across the grass in my yard at a high rate of speed when he left. I will never use his services.

Description of Work
This person showed up, and was supposed to measure for my roof. I came home to find him measuring a shed in the back yard. As I came around the house, he retreated back to the front of the house and picked up his ladder and put in back on his truck. Then he sat in his truck and wrote a very high estimate, telling me I could use a coupon to lower the price. I told him I was not interested in his services. At that time, he drove across my grass to leave my premises.At a high rate of speed. Very unprofessional!!!!

When I arrived at the home the customer was late. I measured the the house and then the shed not knowing if it was to be included (There are holes in the shed roof). I gave a price that certainly was higher at 1 & 1/2 hours away than if it was in my county. I did not drive through the grass and did not exceed 10 mph going down the long driveway. My apologies if there was any confusion as to the quality of product to use or the scope of work to be done. With a 52 year old company and my 32 years in the business we always strive to give our customers the best in quality, which is rarely the cheapest way to go about things.

America's Best Choice of Richmond

A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Water Heaters

A-1 Sewer & Drain, a Groundworks Company, celebrating 35 years of service! Trust, transparency, and quality service at a fair price represent the core at A-1 Sewer & Drain. We offer residential and commercial plumbing, drain cleaning, and installations for gas lines, sewer lines, and water heaters. We are round the clock, 24/7, emergency service all through the year, since sewer and drain problems can rise at any time of day or night.

Offers by A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Water Heaters on Angi
    J&S Contracting LLC

Check, Financing Available

Decks, porches, doors, gutter repair & replacement, plumbing, roofing, siding, skylights, water & smoke damage, windows, remodeling - general, basements, kitchen, bathroom, sunrooms & garage addition.