Aikey's Home Improvements LLC

Founded 1959 • With Angi since February 2011

4.3

Additional website - bbbxpress.com/aikeys_home_improvements_llc....

Renewal by Andersen replacement windows are not only built for beauty, they're built for performance, too. Made from Renewal by Andersen's exclusive Fibrex material, this breakthrough composite combines the strength & stability of wood with the low-maintenance features of vinyl replacement windows. We are a company that handles everything from start to finish & we offer one of the best limited warranties which even covers installation. We've installed over 2 million windows in more than 300,000 homes - we're the experts you can trust. What to expect from your free In-Home Consultation: Renewal by Andersen custom-builds all replacement windows and replacement doors according to your home's exact needs. In order to provide accurate window and door pricing, a design consultant will meet with you in your home to discuss your replacement needs and provide you with pricing information. Specific-Time Appointments - We schedule window and door appointments at specific times, 6pm as an example, rather than a window of time such as 4pm - 8pm. No Pressure - We'll listen to your needs and present ideas to help improve the home you love. Custom Assessment - Every home is different. We will inspect your home's current window situation, identify any unique installation challenges and provide you with an accurate assessment and potential solutions. Options - Our replacement window and door specialists will provide you with both beautiful design options as well as efficient ways to make the most of your money. An Itemized Quote - During your consultation, we will provide you with an itemized quote that will allow you the opportunity to review your options and make the best decision for your home. No Obligation - Your free, in-home consultation is provided to you with no obligation.

Window Depot is not your typical window replacement company! We pride ourselves on offering the greatest selection of replacement windows, vinyl siding, entry doors, patio doors, and options available in our markets - including vinyl, composite, and wood - from several manufacturers. Whether you are looking for economy, premium, or anything in between, we can help. We provide honest, unbiased education and advice to help you choose the products that will work best for you and your family. We are proud to offer Vinyl, Composite and Wood windows with more standard features, Triple Pane at Dual Pane prices, a Lifetime Warranty, and an honest and ethical approach to doing business. From your initial contact with our company through the successful completion of your project and beyond, our goal is to provide you with the very best home improvement experience possible. We are committed to building and maintaining positive, long-term relationships. We have built our name and reputation on providing honest advice, quality products, professional installation, and exceptional service. If you are not satisfied, we are not satisfied. Instead of a transactional sales process, we believe in providing a two-way educational opportunity. Our consultations begin with questions to better understand your needs and objectives. Then we educate you on the various products and services available that will meet your needs. And finally, we help you select the most appropriate product(s) for your home and budget. The last thing you need is high-pressure sales tactics, gimmicks, or intimidation to coerce you into buying something that you don’t need, or at a time when you are not ready. Our partnership with one of the nation’s largest home improvement networks provides us with significant buying power, allowing us to pass along tremendous savings to our customers without sacrificing quality. And we back it up with the service and craftsmanship of a locally owned and operated business.

Skyline Windows sets itself apart as one of the largest locally owned window installation companies in the central Virginia. Are you looking for a company that sells and installs quality window products? That's Skyline Windows. They have over 20 different window lines to meet whatever your need is, and specially trained Skyline employees who come out to do the work. They offer free estimates, with no sales gimmicks or pressure, just honest, education focused evaluations of your home and your needs. Whether you are looking for a budget replacement window or want an superior energy efficiency window with advanced features, Skyline is your company!

05/07/2013

We made an appointment with Aikey's Home Improvements, LLC, they came out, took at a look at the plumbing leak and he said the would get back to us with an estimate and he never got back to us. He at first kept on cancelling his appointment. He should have told us when he came in that the job was too small or he couldn't do it instead of wasting my time by saying he will get back with an estimate.

Description of Work
We tried to use Aikey's Home Improvements, LLC.We had a plumbing leak on the roof of the first floor and we had some rotting wood.

Category plumbing,roofing

My apologies if there was a misunderstanding. I told the potential client several times, that we were not a plumber. I don't know how I could be clearer that they needed a plumber, and that was outside the scope of my license. As a General Contractor, we subcontract all plumbing work out. This was a plumbing repair job that as I told them more than once, while I know how to replace a toilet, they ...

07/15/2012

We were surprised that the job was done without any attempt to gouge us on the repair of the rot. As stated above, we were hardly impacted at all. The only (tiny) negative thing that happened was damage to a small Japanese maple. Fortunately, the plant healed itself so this in itself turned out not to be a problem.

Description of Work
The siding on our home had to be replaced because the wooden siding was rotting. Besides the siding, there was a lot of rot underneath the exterior on the 2X4s and other supporting lumber. All work was completed professionally and with little impact on us. The price of the high quality siding was very fair We were surprised that the cost of removing and repairing internal rot was done at a very good price. This was a very large and messy job. Everyday before leaving the vast majority of debris cleaned up and placed in the vendor supplied dumpster.

Category siding

03/16/2012

They do siding, windows, and roofs. On the siding job, they first came out to give us an estimate. We had received estimates from several companies. Theirs was not the lowest estimate, but it was the most inclusive estimate we received. We have a lot of wood on our house, in addition to the siding, and they racked all that and included it in the estimate, in addition to doing the siding. The quali...

Description of Work
Aikey’s Home Improvements put siding on my house several years ago. They will be coming out again soon to give me an estimate for my roof.

Category gutter repair,siding

11/11/2011

He drove across the grass in my yard at a high rate of speed when he left. I will never use his services.

Description of Work
This person showed up, and was supposed to measure for my roof. I came home to find him measuring a shed in the back yard. As I came around the house, he retreated back to the front of the house and picked up his ladder and put in back on his truck. Then he sat in his truck and wrote a very high estimate, telling me I could use a coupon to lower the price. I told him I was not interested in his services. At that time, he drove across my grass to leave my premises.At a high rate of speed. Very unprofessional!!!!

When I arrived at the home the customer was late. I measured the the house and then the shed not knowing if it was to be included (There are holes in the shed roof). I gave a price that certainly was higher at 1 & 1/2 hours away than if it was in my county. I did not drive through the grass and did not exceed 10 mph going down the long driveway. My apologies if there was any confusion as to the qu...

Decks, porches, doors, gutter repair & replacement, plumbing, roofing, siding, skylights, water & smoke damage, windows, remodeling - general, basements, kitchen, bathroom, sunrooms & garage addition.

Check, Financing Available