Loayes Painting

Founded undefined • With Angi since July 2005

Loayes Contracting LLC, is a fully licensed, bonded, and insured company which has been operating in the Washington, DC metropolitan area since 1,999, specializing in interior and exterior custom painting and remodeling. Our 17 years of reliable and competent service had empowered us to be in fully control of your project from beginning to end. We have the experience of talented and trusted crew workers and contractors highly trained and skilled craftsmen, who are full time dedicated employees....

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+24 more images

interior painting (347)drywall (173)house painting (38)tile installation (22)wallpaper removal (19)home remodeling (11)basement remodeling (5)woodworking (33)plastering (24)handyman (19)door installation (18)electrician (17)

06/14/2022

Douglas R.

Crew arrived on time and performed all work to my complete satisfaction.

Description of Work
Paint cinder block walls in garage and basement.

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

01/03/2022

Suzanne K.

Very well. They were prompt and pleasant. They asked to look over the work and I asked them to touch up a few spots and they were happy to do it. They even returned to touch up a place I noticed after they left. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Remove wallpaper, resurface walls, paint

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/03/2022

04/30/2021

Kimberly O.

We first found Edwin and his team at Loayes seven years ago when we hired him to repaint the entire interior of our first house. We were so pleased with the quality of the work, as well as his responsiveness and professionalism. We have called on the Loayes team several times over the years when we've needed to have work done. We've never worried much because we know Edwin's team will complete the projects on time and within budget. We've retained Loayes to repair and repaint drywall, wooden window sills, outdoor stairs and security bars; built and install kitchen benches; replace portions of cabinetry; and many other tasks. We are grateful to have been able to call on Edwin over the years. We highly recommend Edwin and his team at Loayes without hesitation. You won't find a better or more reliable contractor.

Description of Work
Home improvements

Category drywall, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

02/22/2021

Karen S.

This is the second time that I have used Loayes Painting. The first time they repaired a ceiling with water damage. This most recent time, they repaired several drywall nail pops, plastered over the repairs, and painted my upstairs hallway ceiling. They also helped me to discover a leak in my guest room and determine the source of the problem. I look forward to doing business with them again.

Description of Work
Nail Pop Repairs in Old Drywall, Ceiling Repair and Painting

Work Completed On 08/09/2021

01/31/2021

Will R.

Edwin Loayes and his team were fantastic! He provided a fair quote for the work and kept to the estimate. His team was extremely careful in our home, taking care to cover furniture and prevent damage to our wood floors so that paint and drywall didn't damage anything. Their attention to detail was also professional, taking care to make sure everything looked better than we they walked in. They even went out of their way to fix little blemishes and properly secure wall-mounted fixtures after repainting. We also appreciated the fact that they took their COVID-19 precautions seriously, wearing face masks at all time without us having to remind them or ask. They had estimated that it would take three days to complete the work, but Edwin brought in an extra few guys on the second day so they could complete the work in two days—which we appreciated since we are (like everyone) working from home and had to sequester ourselves to another level of the condo. I would highly recommend Loayes and look forward to seeking their services again.

Description of Work
Repair and replacement of damaged drywall, insulation, and interior painting following flooding to condo from an upstairs neighbor.

Category drywall, insulation, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

01/28/2021

Henrique B.

Great quality work, very professional, timely and organized. I was happily impressed with the final results and the process. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Drywall, flooring, painting, electrical

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

01/16/2021

Jennifer C.

Excellent experience from the initial quote to the completion of the project. Edwin, the owner, arrived on time for the initial quote and provided a detailed quote the same day. His team arrived on time for each of the workdays and the quality of services was excellent. For example, his team thoroughly patched the walls prior to painting, which led to high quality with the final paint job. The team replaced a number of recessed lights, swapped out other light fixtures, and repaired drywall in 2 days. We are very pleased with the overall professionalism of the team, their flexibility in increasing the scope of project to include painting, and even accommodating our schedule when one light fixture arrived later than expected. We would highly recommend Edwin and his team.

Description of Work
Drywall repair, electrical work, interior painting

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

01/05/2021

Alek C.

Loayes Painting company did an excellent, high-quality, and professional job at a fair price for my interior painting work prior to move-in on my recently purchased home in the District of Columbia. My home is older and needed significant surface repairs to the plaster on walls and ceilings. The Loayes team did an excellent job from start to finish -- making an in-person visit to provide a quote, providing a competitive price, and doing the good work. All throughout, the team was very responsive to my questions and keeping me updated on the progress. The work included high quality repairs and taping of plaster cracks and nail holes, spot-priming, then wall, ceiling, and trim painting with colors of my choosing, as well as painting of heating radiators. The original estimate was for 3-4 days, and in the end it took 5 days, but the cost remained the same. The Loayes team told me their goal was to do the job right. The work was excellent. The walls look fresh and new. I am very happy with Loayes Painting. I plan to work with them again in the future. And I would highly recommend their work.

Description of Work
Interior Painting, with Plaster Repairs

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

11/30/2020

Randy N.

Unfortunately, this company does not respond to requests for estimates. One of the most important items when hiring a contractor is communication. If they don't respond before being hired, I would not expect great communication afterwards. I would recommend finding a company that responds to Angie's List.

Description of Work
Drywall installation

Category drywall

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

10/16/2020

Lydia M.

I did not know any painters and I had to do my own research. After many days of search and contact different painter company. Edwin is the most responsible and professional owner. I can not say more good stuff about him! They are very detail and also fixed some part of dry wall as well. I had great experience to work with him and if you are looking for someone for painting interior or fix the dry wall, he will be your guy!

Description of Work
Repaint whole apartment

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

10/08/2020

Jason S.

Edwin and his team were absolute professionals!!! They did first-rate work throughout our home and did it in a safe way during the pandemic. We couldn't be happier and will definitely turn to them again - and will encourage our friends to do so, too! Thank you, Edwin!

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

09/20/2020

Glenn K.

They did an excellent job installing drywall and then painting in our garage (for a garage renovation). Their price was competitive. In addition, Edwin, the owner, was very responsive, pleasant, and easy to deal with. I have recommended his company to others in the neighborhood and would not hesitate to use him for future projects.

Description of Work
drywall installation and painting of garage

Category appliance repair, drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/20/2020

07/20/2020

Thomas R.

Very well. Painter found wood damage, showed it to us and repaired it, Painting done very well. Looks very good

Description of Work
caulk and paint exterior portion of home

Category appliance repair, house painters

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

06/26/2020

Donald C.

The work went very well--Edwin and his team did a fine job.

Description of Work
Exterior Paint

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

Hey [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for the review. Was a pleasure working with you :)

05/31/2020

Michael P.

Loayes Painting did a terrific job! They got everything done in two days, and I am completely satisfied. I wish I had called them sooner.

Description of Work
Drywall repair for walls and ceiling in half-bathroom and wall in bedroom because of plumbing work that was done with another company.

Category appliance repair, drywall

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

03/31/2020

Ulysses W.

Mr. Loayes was very professional and friendly. His crew was the same in all communications, work, and cleaning. My wife and I were very pleased with how our house was transformed. The before and after was like night and day. They even located some faulty plumbing and structural damage that could have cost me into the upper thousands if they didn't make the repairs right away. The repair cost were minimal compared to what it could have cost down the road. I am very thankful to have found such great professionals to work in my home. I would hire Mr. Loayes again for sure.

Description of Work
Drywall, Bathroom Tile, Screen room Ceiling, Crown Molding, Plumbing, and Painting.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plastering, plumbing, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

03/18/2020

Lola N.

came by to see the work that needed to be done. Never heard from the company again.

Description of Work
ceilings skim coated

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

02/04/2020

Violet C.

Edwin and his team, especially Peter, did a fantastic job on renovating our basement. The job covers three rooms in our basement and included putting up new drywalls, installing new flooring, installing new ceiling light and outlets, painting, replacing the dryer vent and many more. Not only did everybody do a fantastic job, they also went above and beyond. We cannot be happier with the final look of our basement. 2/3 through the project, we requested some additional work to be done. Edwin was so patient and brainstormed with us to come up with the best solution. There was of course an additional charge for the extra work but we were happy with the result and didn't mind paying at all. Another thing we appreciated is the team's punctuality. The crew showed up on time every day for two and half weeks, and always remembered to lock the door when they left. All in all, I would hire Loayes Contracting again and I would highly recommend Edwin and his team to anyone that is planning to get some remodeling work done.

Description of Work
New drywall, new flooring, interior painting and more

Category drywall, flooring contractor, woodworking, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

09/21/2019

CD R.

They did an excellent job. I live in a high rise, over 55 community that has strict guidelines regarding contractors' work hours, parking, supplies, elevator usage, etc. They met ever expectation plus did a great job with the work performed. Thank you, Edwin!

Description of Work
Painted my entire condo.

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

09/07/2019

David H.

We renovated our previously finished basement level after a flash flood damage. This included a family room and a guest bedroom. Edwin and his team did a wonderful job completing the 4-week project that involved removal of old flooring and placement of new luxury vinyl panels, drywall repair, installation of new ceiling lighting, demolition and rebuild of the fireplace mantel, replacement of doors, and repainting of walls and ceilings. Edwin was great keeping us in the loop and communicating with us, including any changes to the work schedule and mid-job proposals for work additional to the initial estimate due to unforeseen issues arising from original construction of the home. They were also very responsive to our questions or requests. We are very happy with how everything turned out and will plan to use their services again for future renovation projects.

Description of Work
Basement remodeling

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/07/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], thanks for your reviews. Basement looks amazing! Edwin Loayes

08/27/2019

Angela B.

From start to finish Loayes Contracting, LLC was very professional and responsive. All of their work was done efficiently and my parents and I were very pleased with the outcome. We will definitely request their services again for other projects.

Description of Work
Installed new drywall in closet and stairwell in my parents home

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

05/20/2019

Patrick S.

From start to finish the process was excellent. Edwin and his team were highly communicative, offered the most competitive quote that I received when soliciting for one. He also recommended other work to be done that I didn't notice on the first go around. His team was prompt and cleaned up well after every day they were here. I will be using them again!

Description of Work
Painting/Drywall Repair

Work Completed On 05/20/2019