Vienna Hot Tubs & Patio

With Angi since April 2011

4.4

1524 Spring Hill Rd

Mc Lean, VA 22102

See website for additional service area. Additional DBA - ViennaHotTubsandPatio.com

03/05/2022

Katrina T.

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM HERE!!!! I don't even want to leave one star. This company was recommended to me from a neighbor however, I wish I would have read the reviews first. As everyone is saying they do a great job of selling you the tub, it's all downhill from there. After spending over $13k with this company, all I've received was a defective tub and a bad attitude from the owner, Charlie. I purchased my tub June 3, 2021 with the delivery time told to me of end of August - my tub didn't arrive until October. Once it did arrive it defective without the lights working and a leak inside the hot tub. This was my first service call. They came to "fix" the lights, but stated they had to be advised from Wellis on how to fix the leak. Months had gone by and they were still awaiting Wellis' response on how to fix the tub. They came back to fix the lights, but were not able to as it needed a new lightbox. After no response on these issues I let them know I want a new tub or a refund as I'm no longer comfortable with this tub being brand new and needing multiple repairs. Then they tell me the issues are an "easy fix" and give me a time and date they can come by conveniently. I'm uncomfortable with this as after the warranty is up these issues will all be out of pocket and I'm sure they will continue. The owner, Charlie gave me Wellis' phone number and Wellis' let me know it was up to the owner of Vienna Hot Tubs to replace. Continuous back and forth. I sent an email to the owner with my stance looking for a resolution on replacement or a refund prior to having my lawyer involved and he dismissively told me to just go ahead and get my lawyers involved instead of trying to find a solution to the issue for yet another unhappy customer. Horrible customer service and poor quality of products. This is not something I will be letting go so I hope they will either refund my funds and pick up the defective tub sooner than later because I will continue to escalate this and make sure people know not to purchase from this company.

Description of Work
Purchased hot tub

06/29/2020

Lisa G.

What started out very promising went bad in the end. I had been working with Tim on installing a new pump for my client's hot tub, he ordered it and it was delivered to him. I had to cancel the first appointment to install the pump due to a scheduling conflict. I rescheduled, but then COVID hit. I kept in touch with Tim every two weeks to see if they were working yet and he said once Washington DC and Maryland opened back up he'd be down to install it and we were at the top of the list for appointments. After Dc and Maryland were open for about a week, I called Tim to schedule the pump install. For some reason he gave me three different reasons why he couldn't make an appointment, the traffic is bad, the city was still closed (it wasn't) and the craziest one being he was afraid of the riots in DC (my client's house is no where near any of the recent protests have been) Bottom line, he never had any intention of coming into DC to install the pump. He led me on for over 3 months. I was given his contact from Saratoga Spas as an authorized repair company. I have let them know as well their unwillingness to travel anywhere outside of Vienna.

Description of Work
Hot tub pump repair

Category pool cleaners, furniture sales

07/26/2017

Robert S.

On time, and got everything promised. Very good service and answering phone questions after the sale.

Description of Work
Purchased Hot Tub and got trained on Hot Tub Maintenance

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

06/10/2017

Amy B.

We bought a full patio set from them years ago - there were some issues with the condition of the initial delivery. We worked with them to make it right and eventually all was fine. About a year later one of the chairs we ordered needed to be replaced (nothing to do with construction of chair) we reached out and requested a replacement. We never got the right chair. It has been over a year and with numerous calls to Vienna Hot tub we don't get return calls. We would still very much like to replace the chair as having one different from the entire set is frustrating. This has gone on entirely too long. Holding out hope they will see this and help us to correct the situation.

Category furniture sales

09/16/2016

Norman M.

Had to call several times to get someone to return my call. Would have given up at that point but finding someone to repair hot tubs is difficult in this area, apparently. They finally came out and determined I had a bad recirculating pump. Had one in his truck, which he installed, but it turned out it was a bad pump. $150 service call. 4 weeks later and two more phone calls, they came back and installed the new pump. Charged $300 for the pump and another $150 call. I don't feel as though I should have had to pay for the 2nd service call since if the 1st pump had worked, I would not have had to. He said it wasn't his fault either, but it is HIS supplier, and that is partly why we pay professional fees, because professionals stand by their parts and labor. If you use this supplier and he supplies you with defective parts, that's between you and him and the customer should not have to pay. Light was never fixed; nozzles never attended to. A phone call left me with either accepting the cost as is or of him coming out and taking out the pump and returning my money. But then I've just had a big waste of time and am back to square one. So for now, I've swallowed the cost, but will not be using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Hot tub light kept going into blinking mode and would not work. Had to re-set. Light did not work, several jets were missing nozzles.

07/30/2016

George N.

Vienna delivered the Spa on time, and the hook-up and start-up went perfectly. Since then, we continue to deal with them annually for service and supplies. The Sundance Spa continues to be a source of pleasure for us, with no maintenance or other issues. Charlie Hyink, the proprietor of Vienna is a solid source of good information about the chemistry and maintenance of the Spa, and gives advice when requested on all kinds of tips and hints on keeping the spa running well, even though the purchase was made four years ago! It is a pleasure to deal with such a high quality and supportive dealership.

Description of Work
We purchased an upper end Model 880 Sundance Hot Tub from Vienna Hot Tubs in late 2012, and have had it periodically serviced by them ever since. We also buy spa chemicals when the need arises from Vienna Hot Tubs, as well as Patio Furniture..

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

04/27/2016

TRINA R.

Category swimming pools

12/03/2015

Pamela J.

Description of Work
Knowledgeable sales staff spent time explaining the product and answering questions. Delivery was at scheduled time with professional installation.

10/13/2015

Ronald V.

Friendly, professional service

Description of Work
hot tub repair

09/29/2015

Deborah C.

Description of Work
Sold us a hot tub, delivered it, and set it up.

09/14/2015

Robert W.

Process was excellent, all the way through. As a "newbie" to the hot tub world, I did not want to buy something that would become an eyesore in 5 years due to poor quality. There are TONS of hot tubs out there, and the learning curve is pretty steep to understand what is what, who is who, and why. These gentlemen don't "sell" hot tubs, they sell their extensive experience in both the professional realm of the business, and their personal experiences with decades of ownership history. Could I have bought a cheaper hot tub than the one I bought (an industry favorite)? Sure. Would I have solved the request for not wanting a piece of broken "yard art" in 5 years? Doubtful. But, given the service these guys provide, I am absolutely 110% confident they'll make sure that never happens. You can't buy what they sell at a big-box store, and given the price tags across the board and somewhat complexity of the devices, matched by the extreme conditions they'll live in outdoors, you really need the advice and guidance of the experienced to make the right choice. Vienna Hot Tub IS that store, if you want my opinion. So much so, that we're now moving to a new home nearby and these guys are going to handle moving the tub, storing the tub, and redelivering the tub to the new home for us! Now that's service! If you're an experienced hot tub owner, then you already know all of this and how good these guys are. But if you're new to the hot tub world, do yourself a favor and go talk with Charlie or David before you buy a hot tub. There's no sales pressure. They'll teach you what you need to know to make sure you're buying something that is worth the money, regardless if it's one of theirs or not. I think you'll find what I found, which is there are gimmicks that will last a few years, and then there are substantial pieces of machinery that have the documented histories of lasting 10+ years with minimal maintenance, for not that much more in cost (or even lower costs). If you live in the DC area in general, then these are the folks you need to talk to if you're interested in a hot tub.

Description of Work
Provided accurate guidance and excellent service for the acquisition, delivery, and installation of our new Sundance hot tub.

08/26/2015

James B.

Arrived on time as promised. Courteous and extremely responsive to my questions and requests. Work was thoroughly thought through beforehand as to not make mistakes. Installation was smooth. I would most definitely recommend Vienna Tubs again!

Description of Work
Removed old spa and plumbing, extensive wooden deck reconfiguration, installed new SPA, completed cleanup and hauled away old spa and trash to dump. Work crew consisted of 4 men.

08/03/2015

Geoff S.

very responsive and on time delivery.

Description of Work
cleaned restarted hot tub

01/22/2015

Danielle D.

We had a hard time getting the actual installation or getting information on when the system was coming in or when it could get installed. We had a frustrating experience but then that was resolved; they have been very good- you go in and they train you on how to use chemicals and stuff. The communication on when the unit was going to be here was not that great and it was frustrating because we had to deal with the electrician and they all needed to be here on the same day.

Description of Work
We bought a hot tub from Vienna Hot Tubs & Patio and they installed it for us.

06/11/2014

Mark H.

Great experience. Went to their store near Tyson's Corner where they took their time to explain and demonstrate what hot tubs they carried and which would best fit my needs. They honored a factory discount that had ended a few days before. The tubs are built to order so it took several weeks for it to arrive. Arrival time was even a couple of days earlier than anticipated. The crew arrived at my house and did a great job installing the tub. They left me with a bunch of various chemicals and instructions on how to maintain water quality. For some reason, I had difficulty maintaining water quality. Went into the store to ask their advice. One of the guys there gave me his and quot;recipeand quot; for clean water. It worked like a charm and I've had no problems since. When it came time to do the first filter change, they even tossed in a free filter. Highly recommend Vienna Hot Tubs.

Description of Work
Deliver and install a new hot tub.

01/12/2014

Jerry F.

As I suspected it was a bad temperature sensing element. The service call is ~ $135 as quoted for first hour, sensing element ~ $35. The diagnosis and replacement only took ~ 15 min. The tech was very helpful and knowledgeable. When asked he did stick around and fixed a bad wire in the hot tub light so I think I got my money's worth.

Description of Work
I called them out to determine why getting watchdog timer error.

09/01/2013

paul O.

Before we bought a hot tub, they came out to measure the spot we picked out and to go over delivery details. They gave great recommendations on where to place the tub, what size would work best and how long the delivery would take. They were very professional, kind and curtious throuought the entire process. Our hot tub is great and we continue to use Vienna Hot Tub to purchase our chemical supplies, etc. We will be recommending them to our friends!

Description of Work
We bought a really great hot tub for our home after much consultation with Vienna Hot Tubs. They we're patient in working with us and answering our many questions. They care about their clients and want to make sure you feel happy with your decision.

08/25/2013

Tamara R.

They were knowledgeable of their products, and flexible in allowing the hot tub (which we purchased as a red tag item at a discount due to small damage to the unit) to sit in their warehouse for two months while we received HOA approval. They are always very helpful in answering questions. The only thing that I would have liked would have been more information on how to care for the tub when it was delivered. I'm sure we could have called to find out these things, as they have always been very helpful when we've called.

Description of Work
Purchased a Sundance spa-hot tub from the provider. They held it until we received Homeowners Association approval for a small refundable deposit, then delivered it.

06/24/2013

Kelly O.

We bought a Sundance Spa, Hot Tub. The service was great and we were very happy with their attentive, helpful, and thorough service! We would definitely recommend them. We are enjoying the hot tub even more than we expected! :-)

Description of Work
We bought a Sundance Spa, Hot Tub. The service was great & we were very happy with their attentive, helpful, & thorough service! We would definitely recommend them. We are enjoying the hot tub even more than we expected! :-)

06/04/2013

Katherine S.

Went great! Team is helping me make sure it runs well.

Description of Work
New spa

03/29/2013

Michael P.

I went to several area locations before going to Vienna Hot Tubs and Patio. I was very impressed with the manager's knowledge and patience. He took a great deal of time to explain pros/cons about several different hot tub and fire table options. However any positive experience ended after that visit. Our hot tub was installed by his competitor. The installation must have been sub'd out to the other vendor. This guy questioned why we did not buy from him and told us not to say anything to Vienna about his line of questions. Within a few months there was a problem with the stereo. Having the business honor the warranty was very difficult. They made every effort to avoid accountability. Next the remote control was defective. They promised to send out a new remote. After several weeks a used remote was delivered which was also defective. They promised to make things right and send a new unit within 2 weeks. No remote has been delivered. We also purchased a fire table. We paid a deposit for the table and heard nothing for over a month. One day the delivery truck showed up and off loaded a much less expensive table. They tried to pass the table off as one that we ordered. When questioned further they said that the table we ordered had been discontinued. We returned what we did not order but it was a hassle. I would not recommend doing business with this company. They have been dishonest and made effort to avoid accountability. Had they simply kept their word, we would have made several additional purchases and steered others to their business. Instead, I strongly recomend that others avoid Vienna Hot Tubs and Patio.

Description of Work
We purchased a hot tub and a fire table. The stereo broke after a few months. The remote was defective and the replacement remote was also defective. The fire table that was delivered was a less expensive model - not the one that we paid for

12/29/2012

Michael M.

My wife and I were interested in buying a hot tub for our new home. We did some research online as well as some in store shopping. We looked at several brands but narrowed our choices between HotSpring and Sundance. Vienna Hot Tubs and Patio had a large selection of Sundance models to try out and choose from. I felt a little strange putting on a swim suit and sitting in the showroom models but would recommend it for hot tub shopping. David B., the salesperson was very knowledgeable and not pushy. He answered every question I had about the hot tub and its maintenance. By contrast, we had a very bad experience with Capital Hot Tubs on Waples Mill Road in Fairfax, which specialize in HotSpring brand hot tubs. We decided upon the Sundance Cameo model at Vienna Hot Tubs and had it delivered and set up at our house. David., the salesman also recommended an electrician to set up an outside outlet suitable for the hot tub which needed to be done prior to delivery. We had some issues with the electrician's work, unrelated to the hot tub hookup work but, overall, we had a very good buying experience with Vienna Hot Tub and Patio and would easily recommend the quality products and excellent service we received.

Description of Work
We bought a Sundance Cameo Spa. Vienna Hot Tubs and Patio also installed it.

12/27/2012

Hal E.

They were knowledgeable and friendly until the purchase. No follow up and scant directions how to use a hot tub once they had our money. Sent mismatched steps to the tub at delivery without an explanation or interest in changing to ones we wanted. In the end a bit mystified at their way of doing business.

Description of Work
We bought a Sundance hot tub from Vienna Hot Tub.

10/04/2012

Leo E.

We shopped at several places before meeting Charlie at Vienna Hot Tubs and Patio. Charlie started by giving us an education, and only when we understood everything about cost, upkeep, winter, chemicals, and construction advice, did he introduce his product line. He is a consummate salesperson. We selected a model which he delivered on time, on schedule and with great delight I might add. The mechanism lifting the cover was inadequate. He promised to fix it. It was not a simple task. He did it very well and I am delighted with the outcome. He remains generous of good advice ranging from practical spa maintenance to appetizer preparation. We have gone on to purchase outdoor furniture which has also gone very well. I would recommend that anyone who is considering installing a backyard hot tub visit Vienna Hot Tubs and Patio for a construction consultation. Charlie's advice prevented a major calamity in the project. The tub is fantastic.

Description of Work
We bought a hot tub including installation and subsequently purchased outdoor furniture as part of an extensive backyard hardscape/landscape project.

Category pool cleaners, hardscaping

09/15/2012

David P.

We found Charlie to be honest and straightforward throughout the process. We felt like we got a fair deal on the purchase and really feel like we will be taken care of after the sale. When it came time for delivery, the contractor building our new patio was ready for the tub before it was ready for delivery. With one day notice, Charlie somehow rallied the troops and had our tub installed in time for use to enjoy it over the Labor Day weekend. That was way above and beyond what was expected. . .clearly he was concerned about our satisfaction! I would highly recommend Vienna Hot Tubs and Patio!

Description of Work
Purchased top of the line hot tub/spa (Sundance Optima).

Groff Landscape Design LLC

* Groff is currently booking into June 2023 for all installation work. * Groff projects are from $30,000 up. We specialize in crafting beautiful residential properties with a low-stress process for busy families. Most of our clients are in North Arlington & Vienna, McLean & Great Falls, check out our service area: https://www.grofflandscapedesign.com/service-area/. We customize plans for your specific functional, aesthetic and budgetary needs. You can expect reliable communication, comprehensive services and quality craftsmanship. We stand behind our work with some of the best warranties in the industry. We also offer guaranteed pricing and a guaranteed timeline*. Please read our reviews and visit our website to see how much our clients rave about working with us.

2022 Super Service Award

J Reynolds Landscaping

J Reynolds Landscaping was created to provide the Northern Virginia area with the highest quality installation of landscaping materials possible. The Owner, Matt Meyer along with Jason Reynolds, has been installing custom designs right here in the northern Virginia area for over 18 years. With a reputation for excellence, the highest quality customer service, master craftsmanship and fair pricing. A design expert will come to your home and provide you with a free consultation and estimate for your homes unique needs. J Reynolds Landscaping will then provide you with the professional installation of the materials that you have chosen for your home. We differ from other Landscaping companies because we: - Never sub-contract any portion of the job. - A design expert is physically on every job site. - Your job is completed before any other job has been started. - We have no day laborers. - We are licensed and insured. - Estimates are always free. - All installers have at least 3 years of experience.

SBC Outdoor Services

OVER 100 YEARS COMBINED EXPERIENCE AS YOU PATIO AND HARDSCAPE EXPERTS! Unfortunately, at this time we are no longer doing deck or patio repair. New installs only. SBC Outdoor Services was founded in 2015 by Brad Crist. Brad had over 15 years of experience in the industry and wanted to create a landscaping company that could hold true to the concept of “quality landscaping.” Ever since then we've been constantly growing as a high-end hardscape, landscape design, and commercial maintenance business. Over the course of our existence, we've earned a great reputation for quality service and we aim to not just maintain our reputation for excellence but to constantly improve it. That's why we only hire the best of the best. Our management team alone has over 30 years of experience in the industry and members of management used to maintain the White House. The rest of our team is similarly qualified and has over 100 years of combined experience. At SBC Outdoor Services we believe that landscaping is an art, not just a skill. We not only teach our employees proper installation methods but also encourage them to take initiative and to completely pour their imagination and skill into their work. Our design and installation divisions make sure that the product will be very functional as well as attractive while our maintenance division employees take great pride in the ongoing beauty of your property.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Hot tubs, accessories & spas, outdoor furniture & fire pits.