A.W. Flay Tree Surgeon LLC

Founded 1983 • With Angi since April 2017

10396 Twisted Oak Ln

Marshall, VA 20115

Beginning my career in the tree service industry while growing up in New Zealand in addition to playing rugby at a high level has shaped my business ethic. My small business has been family owned and operated for thirty years, which attests to my dedication and love for the tree service industry. I am a professional, dependable, and dedicated owner and operator, and I am teaching my son these qualities so that he can take over the business one day. I pride myself in treating your property with the highest quality of care, as if it were my own, as our reputation in the community means everything to us. We belong to the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) and the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and have relevant insurance and follow all applicable industry standards ANSI (A300) (Z133). Give me a call for a free estimate! We look forward to meeting you and servicing your property....

05/07/2022

JAIME DE O.

It couldn't have been done better. High tech machinery allowed Flay to go to highest points to cut the dead trees. His helpers cut the logs to the right fire wood size. The team worked fast and thoroughly. The ground was swept in orderly fashion. The team never lacked humor. Tony Flay is also a rugby coach. It was all very professional in a dangerous job that requires intelligence, reasoning and constant attention.

Description of Work
removal of dead ash tress that were threatening to fall over my house

Category firewood,landscaping,tree service

04/07/2022

Richard S.

I highly recommend A. W. Flay and his crew at The Tree Surgeon LLC. I had three large oak trees that needed to be removed, Tony and his crew did a brilliant job. They were polite, courteous, prompt, reasonably priced, and highly professional. They took great care to avoid any ancillary damage to the property and completely cleaned up the area before leaving. Tony was interested, engaged, knowledgeable, answered all questions with respect, gave much needed advice, and was extremely easy to work with. I will hire him for future needed services without hesitation. He does charity work for Veterans and coaches boys and girls rugby, what more can you say, a great all around businessman (difficult to find these days). –Dr. Richard Spece

Description of Work
Tree removal

09/26/2021

Mike W.

Excellent service, timely and have some of the best hardwood in the area. We use a Solo Stove which burns hot. These guys firewood lasts and always have great quality. Super people, great small business and give back to community youth.

Description of Work
Firewood delivery

Category firewood

11/12/2020

Michelyn O.

Tony, is extremely knowledgeable, very customer centric, and has an absolutely delightful personality! Tony and PJ did a precisely skillful job of systematically (piece by piece) cutting down our three 90+ft oak trees. All three trees posed significant challenges due to size and location. Their team did an excellent job of cleanup, and there was significant clean up! We are so happy to have met Tony and his team and look forward to calling them in the future! We would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had three 90+ ft oak trees that needed to come down. All 3 required an expert to bring them down without property damage.

10/10/2018

Barbara S.

Tony and his son did an excellent job cutting back four maple, one oak, and one cotton-wood tree prior to the roof on my two-story house being replaced. Tony responded quickly to my request for an estimate and scheduled the work within the timeframe I provided. Tony and Patrick work well together, including cleaning the job site.

Description of Work
Trimming 6 trees prior to having my roof replaced

Category tree service

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure to service your tree care needs. Thanks again

05/14/2018

Laurie K.

Would highly recommend Tony Flay, PJ and his team! Tony returned my call the same day and was at our new property within 24 hours to provide us with a quote. He is incredibly knowledgeable of the multitude of different trees and provided us with excellent guidance on which trees we should keep and remove, as well as what trees should be pruned. Very responsive! Within one hour of closing on our new property, Tony and his team were on site, grinding stumps, removing trees, pruning limbs, and provided us with a nice wood chip pile for the back area. Due to the rain, we had to push our job to two days. Tony and his team arrived promptly the next day, explained what they would be doing, and immediately got to work. Their professionalism, dedication to the job, and desire to leave the area clean from debris was very evident. It is because of their work that I was able to quickly move to other projects and transform our backyard into a place that we can now enjoy. Tony also provided me with several great referrals for other work I was looking to have done at our property -- very thoughtful, and extremely helpful. Tony followed up with me after a couple of weeks to ensure we were happy with everything and see how all the work on the property was coming along. Very impressed! It was so refreshing to work with a company that still takes pride in the work provided!

Description of Work
Tree removal, stump grinding, tree pruning

04/01/2018

Elaine R.

This was a big job and although it took longer than originally estimated (and therefore the price was higher than expected), the job still ended up being a much lower cost than any other estimate we received. They worked hard and efficiently, and brought sophisticated equipment that helped ensure safety. They kept in good communication with us throughout the project and were a pleasure to work with. They did work for several neighbors while on site as well. Tony helped my elderly neighbor out by hauling away some of their brush as well at no cost. They cleaned up well and we would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Removal of 21 trees (70-100 ft tall) and multiple large bushes, stump grinding

Category lawn service,tree service

Crow Inc.

Crow Inc. can provide you with the quality work you want at a competitive price, flexible for any budget! No job is finished unless you are satisfied with the result. All estimates are Free and Easy! Crow Inc. promises to give you your money’s worth plus more!!

Marvins tree service

J & T Construction Llc

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in tree and concrete services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

We Offer Complete Tree Care, Plant Health Care, Tree Planting, Land Clearing, Commercial Arboriculture, Cabling and Bracing, Fertilization, Mulch, Firewood, Tree Pruning, Land Grading.

TOPPING