Andy's Automotive and Transmission

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2011

123 Commerce Park Dr.

Manquin, VA 23106

Andy's Automotive & Transmission is a family-owned auto & truck repair shop in Manquin, VA. We believe in delivering honest and professional automotive repair and maintenance services to the people of King William County and surrounding Greater Richmond areas. The quality ASE (automotive service excellence) certified technicians at Andy's Automotive & Transmission utilize today’s latest automotive technology and are equipped to handle all major and minor repairs on both foreign and domestic vehicles, with scan tools and programs like: Ford IDS, Tech2, MasterTech, Modis, Star II, NGS PC, AutoLink, Mitchell, IATN, MechanicNet, Tech Connect, TIS 2 Web and many others... We don’t guess, we TEST!!! Andy, himself, has over 25+ years experience, is an ASE Master Technician, and is a multiple award winning mechanic. We are an ACDelco TSS Shop, Tech-Net Professional Auto Service Center, Car Quest, Napa AutoCare Center, and Federated Auto Parts Repair facility. We sell only the best parts, including OEM parts, and they are only installed by ASE certified technicians. We are committed to being the best in automotive service and providing you with quality car care at a fair price! Transmissions offer 24 Month, 24000 Mile Warranty...

11/15/2016

Joseph P.

Perfect every time. Knowledgeable, friendly, courteous and timely service.

Description of Work
Any and all kinds of repairs from simple oil changes to transmission and engine rebuilds

06/30/2016

Gayle B.

03/07/2016

Mary C.

Description of Work
If you are looking for a honest repair shop with reasonable prices, great and reliable mechanics Andy's is the place for you.

07/16/2015

Mary C.

Helpful and friendly and reasonable prices doesn't gauge.you. The service engine soon light came on rather than replace the converted they reset the button 5 times before they replaced the catalytic converter. Honest mechanics who really look out for their customers.

Description of Work
Replaced muffed and catalytic converter.

02/19/2014

Benjamin S.

Went smooth.

Description of Work
State inspection and bulb replacement.

09/13/2013

Robert L.

I am in the process of restoring my 1965 Oldsmobile 88 back to stock specifications. I had pulled the engine and transmission both for rebuilds. I took the transmission to Andy's Transmission on a recommendation of a co-worker. I dropped off the transmission and torque convertor for a complete rebuild. I received a quote of $1,200.00 for a stock spec rebuild. This transmission has a special switch pitch torque convertor that is specific to only a certain couple of years of GM cars. I had cleaned the outside of the transmission pretty well before dropping off for the rebuild. When I went to pick up the transmission, the entire bell housing, pan, etc., had been slathered in thick black spray paint (problem #1). This is not correct, as the bellhousing was left a natural aluminum finish by the factory. The new torque convertor was given to me in a a box. I also noticed that the band adjustment cover was missing from the transmission (problem #2). When I asked the younger tech where it was he milled around the workbench and said he could not find it. I complained to the owner Andy Pierce, and he conducted a quick search of the work area and found the missing cover. When I returned home to spline up the torque convertor on the transmission main shaft, it did not fit (problem #3). The younger transmission technician did not bother to see if the torque convertor fit prior to delivering the transmission to me. This required another trip back out to the shop, where the owner Andy Pierce, confirmed that indeed the inner bearing on the new replacment convertor was wrong. This required another trip back to the shop a week later with the transmission to properly spline up a different torque convertor. About four months after installation of the transmission back in the car, the transmission started leaking fluid. I returned with the car to Andy's Transmission where Andy Pierce found that the leak was coming from the band adjustment screw (under the previously lost cover) and never had the proper gasket installed during the rebuild and sealed (problem #4). Andy fixed the issue and apologized for all the problems I had with the project. I thanked him, but let him know I was not happy with the experience. I learned that the technician that had rebuilt my transmission was no longer working at the shop. Big Surprise.

Description of Work
Bench rebuild of a ST-300 Lon shaft transmission for my 1965 Oldsmobile 88.

Category

07/24/2013

Louis V.

Andy was able to diagnose the problem quickly and resolve it. It turns out that it is a recurring problem with Acura automobile's exhaust system. He replaced the faulty sensor. They are courteous and timely.

Description of Work
Andy dealt with a recurring problem with my check engine light.

02/08/2011

Mioma B.

He normally holds vehicles for me for quite awhile. He has been my mechanic for 10 years and I won’t go anywhere else. He is very professional, the work gets done correctly; it may take two or three days but you never have to take it back for the same thing. He uses OEM parts as much as possible because he doesn’t like using cheap parts.

Description of Work
I have a car at Andy’s Automotive & Transmission for service because it was overheating.

Category auto repair

American Lock & Key, Inc.

American Lock & Key has been loyally serving the city of Richmond, Virginia and many surrounding areas for over 30 years. We have grown into a well-established and trustworthy full service Richmond locksmith organization that can help anyone with all locksmith needs from simply unlocking your vehicle, home, or business to supplying and servicing safes, commercial grade hardware, architectural hardware, and all of your automatic door needs. Barry Wilson is the owner of American Lock & Key; a quality assured professional and reliable Richmond Locksmith Company. Find us on Angie's List, Facebook, or at our Google-Plus Page. We look forward to helping you out in your time of need, our expert installers are licensed and professional, ready 24/7 for commercial, residential, safe, automatic door, and automotive work. We are confident we can help you with any service request you may have.

Johnny the Locksmith

Whether you’re locked out of your home or need to upgrade the locks in your house, we can help. Our expert locksmiths have the tools and training to pop open all kinds of residential door locks as well as install and repair locking systems commonly used in homes. We make sure that you never have to doubt the safety of your home again.

Auto Service