Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket

Founded 2005 • With Angi since May 2006

Mr. Handyman is your one-call solution for a wide range of home maintenance and repair needs. Our uniformed technicians are fully insured professionals. We arrive on time in uniform and a marked van with the tools to complete the job right. r. Handyman technicians are highly skilled craftsmen with an average of 10 years’ experience in the trades. We’re home repair and improvement experts, and we are known for the quality of our workmanship and professional reliability so you know the job will be done correctly and efficiently....

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

A Service Provider's profile image

+265 more images

Replacing Linoleum With Tile - Woodbridge, VA

Replacing Linoleum With Tile - Woodbridge, VA

tile installation202022192
One of the ways to freshen up the look in a laundry room is to replace the linoleum floor with a tile floor. Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket specializes in repairing, maintaining and enhancing residential and commercial properties. In this project Service Technician Chris and Field Supervisor Dan remove the existing linoleum and install ceramic tile for a client in Woodbridge, VA.

4.2

handyman (393)plumbers (60)woodworking (51)door installation (50)drywall (45)electrician (33)window replacement (31)interior painting (28)lighting (21)house painting (20)roofing (20)siding companies (19)

08/19/2022

Carol W.

Mike Dillan and Bobby Bar were wonderful to work with. Very respectful, very clean and cheerful. They worked outdoors during an immensely hot spell. The quality of the repairs exceeded my expectations. They made suggestions that worked out better than my original thoughts. They showed up on time, did great work and were a pleasure to have around for a couple of days. Yes, I'd use the service again

Description of Work
Repair to rotted wood and rescreen the front porch

Category appliance repair, decks, screen repair

Work Completed On 08/12/2022

02/01/2021

Molly L.

Front office was responsive. Work was done efficiently and with very professional results.

Description of Work
Door, handrail, and drywall repairs, and painting.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/31/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you very much for your review and feedback. Mike was glad he was able to secure the handrails, repair the drywall, replace the storm door handle, install the door sweep and replace the dead bolt for you. Please give us a call when you have your next list of projects ready. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

11/25/2019

Barbara P.

The tech was here 5 mins. Took an hour at the store which is 5 minutes away. (I know cause I am there everyday how long it takes) then sat in his van for awhile. I was overcharged as he milked the clock for an hour. Should’ve been charged an hour and a half and was charged for 2. When I called and spoke to Kate at the office she assured me I wouldn’t be charged for that time and I still was. Feel taken advantage of and wouldn’t hire again.

Description of Work
Repairs to window ledges

Category handyman service, replacement windows, window treatments, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/22/2019

[Member Name Removed], thank you for reviewing your concerns with us and allowing us to correct the situation. We look forward to assisting you with your additional home improvement projects. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

Keith J.

Mr. Handyman has always been able to find just the right person to help me

Description of Work
Willing to do anything and always high quality work

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

Thank you very much for your feedback. We were very glad to assist you with your painting projects. Will pass along your comments to our technician, John. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

Houston T.

Fast efficient and got the job done

Description of Work
Plumbing

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

Thank you very much for your feedback. Will pass this along to our technician Bill. He was happy to assist with inspecting your ceiling for any leaks as well as repairing the drywall and re caulking your shower. We look forward to servicing your home again in the near future. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

Judith P.

Our Mr. Handiman rep, Chris did a fantastic job of power washing the outside of our house and cleaning out the gutters and downspouts. He was courteous and enthusiastic about his work. He showed me before and after photos so I could see the improvement in the appearance of my house. I will definitely ask him to come back if I need more

Description of Work
Power washing and gutter cleaning.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, pressure washing

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

Thank you very much for your review. Chris enjoyed taking care of your pressure washing and gutter cleaning projects. We will pass along your comments to Chris. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman. We look forward to servicing your home again in the near future.

Andy K.

Our toilet refused to fill by itself. Chris Call came and found what part was needed, got the right part and installed it. Thankfully, it works now! Chris was very professional and helpful in determining what was needed and offering suggestions.

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Work Completed On 08/10/2019

Lynda H.

The details in the above response remains the same!

Description of Work
I was very impressed with the workmanship of the task that I requested. Chris did an outstanding job replacing the caulk on my bathtub. He was professional, courteous, and very efficient with getting the job finished in a timely manner. He cleaned the area involved to a level better than when he started, and was very organized from the time that he came to assess the project, going to get the needed equipment from Lowes, and making sure that everything was to my satisfaction before he left. I won't hesitate to use this service again or recommend your business for more of the many projects that you offer.

Category bathtub refinishing, handyman service

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

Ronald S.

The handyman showed up on schedule. He surveyed the work that needed to be done including finding a couple of other places that needed work. At my request, he obtained PVC "boards" to replace those that hat rotted due to excess moisture buildup. Where needed he totally replaced the rotten boards, In other places he carefully removed a rotten end piece and replaced just that almost invisibly.

Description of Work
Replace rotten wood on exterior

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

Thank you very much for your review. We're glad that you were very pleased with the quality of our work and our professionalism. We have reached out to you to see what we could have done differently to receive an "A" rating from you. Thank you for the opportunity to learn from you.

05/21/2019

Carol C.

The salesman used deceptive practices to get us to sign a contract. The tiling grout lines were very uneven. Multiple tiles were not flat to the wall. Edge trim on the edge of shower and soap box did not meet squarely and then were patched with gray grout(trim was white). We requested the owner visit the project to view the issue but were told the owner was not involved in management. And would not respond. We have spent money and 2 weeks of time and still have a poorly constructed job. Their site states satisfaction guaranteed-a completely false statement. Very poor customer service. I had to argue to get anything revised and still is not fixed correctly. May need to seek legal assistance to get this job done right.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

Review for  Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket - 9030 EUCLID AVE, Manassas, VA - 37885900

Thank you for letting us know your concerns and allowing us to make this right.

03/19/2019

Allen B.

Many things to do. The guy is a wizard with a hammer. He did a beautiful job with the deck.

Description of Work
many thing including Deck.

Work Completed On 03/09/2019

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your great review. We have tried to contact you multiple times to better understand why you rated each category an "A" but gave us an overall "B" rating. We would love to know what we could have improved for you. We look forward to servicing your home again in the near future. Thank you for trusting us with all your home repairs.

01/09/2019

Gregory S.

Great. If I was going to do it, I would still be working on it or getting a bigger hammer. The handyman did a wonderful job. Very happy with the service. Showed up early, work fast and quietly. Very professional. Very good skills.

Description of Work
replace bathroom exshust fan

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

Thank you for your great review. Our technicians pride themselves in taking care of our customers and working efficiently. Thank you also for being a great repeat customer and continuing to trust us with all your home repair needs.

01/08/2019

Antonia G.

Toilet wasn't flushing properly *sometimes.* Technician came out, snaked the drain, insisted that the toilet was working properly (it wasn't.) Called back and asked to have another technician sent out (which I had to pay for, less the 30 min the last guy didn't use in the 2 hour time block I was charged for.) He seemed to be more knowledgeable, spent more time working on it (about an hour or so) and advised us when he was finished that the toilet may need replacing soon. That's fine, but since he left, my toilet isn't flushing AT ALL (whereas before it was working fine about 50% of the time.) I basically spent $500 to have my toilet broken. Not worth it for me to even call back and have them come back to replace it with a new one, I'm going to have to go with someone else who will do the job right the first time.

Description of Work
Toilet repaired

Work Completed On 12/31/2018

[Member Name Removed], thank you very much for allowing us to make this right and also allowing us to complete the additional projects that you requested such as replacing the light fixture. Just a reminder to everyone that items such as grout or thin set mortar should not be washed down your drains or flushed down the toilet as these items have a tendency of solidifying in your waste lines resulting in a much larger and more expensive repair down the line. We look forward to servicing your home again in the future.

12/14/2018

Michael F.

The technician was able to replace the mixing valve in the shower faucet but it took the entire two hours to do that; part of the time was examining the job and going to the hardware store to get the parts. After the valve was changed and the technician moved on to the shut off valves for the toilets he realized he did not get everything he needed to do the job. He said it was his fault because he did not inspect the current valve assembly close enough and needed to return to the hardware store to get the correct parts. He gave me the invoice for work performed; total invoice was $446.45. Labor was $294 for two hours and parts cost $152.45. Handyman charges $116.00 per hour of labor and bills parts at cost plus a markup of what I computed to be between 80% and 100%. I can't say for sure what the markup is but after pricing the parts on Home Depot's website, I estimated the parts to be about $75. The work was good though it took the technician two hours for about 30 minutes of actual plumbing work. My main complaint is the exorbitant price for a job that was fairly simple. I will not use this company again.

Description of Work
Need a mixing valve (unit that regulates the mixture of hot and cold water) installed in my shower and replace shut off valves on two toilets.

Cost $446.45

Work Completed On 12/11/2018

[Member Name Removed], thank you very much for discussing this with us when we contacted you during our follow up calls. We are glad that you were happy with the technician and the service he provided. Thank you again for allowing us to perform this service for you and provide us with the feedback on how we can improve our relationships with our customers. We look forward to servicing your home in the future.

11/02/2018

Peter V.

very pleased with the work performed by the technicians

Description of Work
high ceiling repair

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

Thank you very much for posting your review. Amrald and John were pleased to be able to repair the drywall on your two story ceiling. We look forward to servicing your home again in the near future. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

10/11/2018

dorothy N.

1st carpenter's work very poor and slow. 2nd carpenter had to come back and re-do project. his quality sad better but also quite slow which increased cost. After 2 hours, every 15 minutes counts for more money.

Description of Work
hand rail for stairwell

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

Thank you very much for posting your review. Also, thank you for calling us immediately so we were able to send a second technician out at no additional charge to honor the warranty. We appreciate that you recognized him for his quality of work and requested him to do additional work for you. We look forward to servicing your home again in the near future. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

07/15/2018

Angie C.

Bought a package for 2 hours of service to repair a suspected leak in the roof, but the guy couldn’t find any leak and just talked to us for 2 hours without doing any work. So I called the office and they gave me a 2 hr credit. I had them come out again to rewire our sidewalk light fixtures. The technician was on time and was able to fix everything.

Description of Work
Roof and electrical

Category handyman service, lighting, roofing

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

Thank you for the review and allowing us to repair your leak as well as the light fixture. We look forward to servicing your home again in the near future. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

02/26/2018

Susan F.

The guy was incredible, did an amazing job! The work took more time than quoted so of course time is money and my verbal estimate doubled by the end of the job. Now having said that I think the work done was outstanding! So lesson learned get the quote in writing before the job starts, and you’ll give them an A plus!:)

Description of Work
Mirror Trim, paint, furniture moved, drywall Repair

Category custom cabinets, contractors, drywall, handyman service, moving companies, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

Thank you very much for posting your review. We truly appreciate feedback from our customers and will use this as an opportunity to recognize our employees for superior performance. We also use feedback to better improve our service to our customers. We look forward to servicing your home again in the near future. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

02/13/2018

Regan K.

I used Mr. Handyman to replace a lock on the exterior doors to my business on 12/7/17. Two days later, our key got stuck in the new lock. After working on it for a while, we were finally able to get it out. Two days after that, the same thing happened when we were closing up at the end of the day. This time we were not able to get the key out and we were locked out of the building. We contacted Mr. Handyman to schedule someone to come out and fix the issue. When the technician arrived, he fiddled with the key for a bit and then said that he was going to try pliers. He retrieved a set of pliers and tried to twist and pull the key out, resulting in the key breaking off in the lock. He then said there was nothing else he could do. He said he would go to the office and tell them what happened and he suggested we call a locksmith. The appointment that day was before their office opened so my Office Manager contacted the "after hours" call service to report what had happened. The call taker took down all information and said the office would contact us as soon as it opened. My Office Manager then sat in the parking lot waiting to hear back from Mr. Handyman because she was locked out of our building. We eventually had to get a different company to come out and they were able to drill the cylinder and replace the lock set. To this day (2+ months later), I have not gotten a call from Mr. Handyman. The only communication I received was a survey asking whether I would recommend the company to others and an invoice for the original service date. I am appalled by the quality of their work and by their customer service. The key got stuck in the brand new lock within 36 hours of them replacing it and then their technician who was supposed to fix the lock, did nothing except break the key off in the lock. I ended up having to spend money to have a locksmith come out on an emergency basis so that we could be open for business. At the very least, Mr. Handyman should have offered some assistance to us after their technician broke the key off in the lock. If their technician did not know how to fix the problem, he shouldn't have tried. The only thing he did was make the situation worse and then throw his hands up and tell us there was nothing else he could do.

Description of Work
Replace lock on exterior commercial door.

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 12/07/2017

Thank you very much for posting your review. We truly appreciate feedback from our customers and will use this as an opportunity to better improve our service to our customers. Thank you especially to the Virginia Dance Center's management team for assisting us with communicating with their employees through this process. We look forward to servicing your dance studio again in the near future. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

01/24/2018

Wendell T.

The minor repairs went well and were repaired quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous small repairs to a newly purchased home after home inspection

Work Completed On 01/24/2018

Review for  Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket - 9030 EUCLID AVE, Manassas, VA - 36779709

Thank you very much for posting your review. We truly appreciate feedback from our customers and will use this as an opportunity to recognize our employees for superior performance. We also use feedback to better improve our service to our customers. Charlie definitely enjoyed working with you and assisting you with your home repairs. We look forward to servicing your home again in the near future. Thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman.

01/09/2018

Renee W.

It went well. My handyman arrived on-time and listened carefully to what my problem was. I loved that he came up with and economical option to repair the frame work. Additionally, I am always impressed when a 'craftsman' is creative in trying to come up with options to solve a problem. Price was reasonable. The job did not take too long to complete. Customer service from the office staff was also very good. I'd use them again.

Description of Work
I had wood rot on my exterior wood frame which needed to be replaced or repaired.

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

01/02/2018

Regina S.

Badly. Took way too much time and was more than twice the estimate.

Description of Work
Hanging lights over bar and a new matching light in the middle of the room.

Category electrician, handyman service