HMS Plumbing

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2011

10319 Piper Ln

Manassas, VA 20110

We are a family owned business located in Manassas, Virginia. We are Master Plumbers, Master Gasfitters and Certified in Backflow Prevention. Our dedicated team has been serving the needs of Northern Virginia residents and businesses for over 16 years! We offer a wide range of services including well pump repairs / replacements and trenchless sewer line repairs! Call us today to learn more....

12/22/2018

Tal K.

Wil came out on immediate notice and replaced our malfunctioning sump pump. He was prompt, efficient, courteous and friendly. He was very up front about the estimated cost. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Sump pump replacement

10/14/2018

Margaret S.

Wil did a great job replacing our old sump pump. He was on time, friendly and very professional. Even drilled and added additional screws to secure the well cover at no extra charge. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Sump Pump replacement

09/21/2018

Prakash R.

The technician came and changed the pump with a similar model (Zoeller). He did a clean job of removing the old pump and attaching the new one. He also checked out the electrical backup battery and tested its operation. He discovered that the two check valves that prevent back flow were old and likely to fail and recommended their replacement. We okayed the job and he replaced the valves, and re-plumbed the system and tested its operations.

Description of Work
Replace Sump Pump

08/16/2018

Shaun M.

Repair was quick and the technician (Wil) was friendly. His quality of work was good, he had all the tools needed and was able to work on a difficult pipe location. Wil was able to answer my questions, didn't oversell me on other services/products and gave me good pointers to prevent further issues. His previous appointment ran late but called to let me know he was on his way. Would hire again!

Description of Work
Replace two outdoor faucets with frost proof faucets.

08/03/2018

Jason F.

Luis was amazing- I am so happy with the work performed as well as his explanation for everything. He is one knowledgeable professional and he used a solid zoeller pump to replace a builder grade piece of fun. He clearly explained options with no upsell. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Sump pump replacement. The original pump still worked (sort of) was 15 years old and sealed for radon. I have a finished basement, so I changed it out as cheap insurance.

03/29/2017

Mark C.

Great, showed up within an hour told me over the phone how much the service call was going to be and did not try and up charge me for work that was not needed. Found them fair, honest and responsive, good workmanship.

Description of Work
I had a sink value that was leaking and I could not stop the leak so had to call for an emergency repair.

02/11/2017

Ed S.

Estimate only. It did not go well. They cancelled my first appointment on a Wednesday. At the time, they said they had a higher-paying commercial client! However, the guy that came on site 2 days later said that a lady had a plumbing leak that had to be fixed so he had to cancel my appointment. The day of the 2nd appointment, the guy called 3 minutes before was supposed to arrive (first appointment of the day) and said he was running late. Came about 35 minutes late. Once on site, the estimator kept getting calls and texts. In the end, his boss called and told him what to charge me. He wanted $2,500 to run a gas line 15' from an existing gas line! This is more than $1,000 higher than the other estimate I got from a large, reputable company.

Description of Work
Run gas line to stove

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

12/16/2016

AD G.

Again, very professional, fair and prompt!

Description of Work
I needed a leak fixed on my toilet.

09/25/2016

AD G.

This company did an awesome job! I called them around Thursday and they came out Saturday to do the work. I am so pleased and will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
I needed my sink strainer replaced. It was leaking.

08/23/2016

Christopher B.

They did a pretty outstanding job. They're a bit pricey though. They really did a great job. I tried calling several people but they weren't available right away like HMS was. They were responsive and punctual. They wanted to do an assessment and I let them. The gentleman did everything perfect. He seemed very professional. I actually learned a few things about how to fix something like that in the future. I was very thankful for that.

Description of Work
My dishwasher decided to die about two weeks ago. The expediency of the plumbing required me to get somebody pretty quickly. They replaced two valves; the main water shutoff valve for the entire house as well as the gate valve that fed water into the dishwasher.

Category home remodeling

07/25/2016

Christina L.

Will, our plumber was absolutely amazing and provided A+ service! He was honest, patient, knowledgable, and thoroughly explained all the different options for upgrading my tub faucet. Gave me great options where I didn't have to drill into the tile to save money. Pricing was so reasonable compared to very high quotes for half of the service. Even the phone receptionist was so attentive and even did research for me to help me pick the perfect upgrade faucet. Reliable and honest company with good intentions.

Description of Work
Tub faucet leak, replace 3 handle tub faucet to 1 handle.

06/21/2016

Amit G.

The process was smooth and upfront. We agreed on the cost, and the technician showed up on time. He tried to troubleshoot the problem (master valve that prevents water to backflow), but the sump pump still was going on continuously. So he could not figure out the problem why the zoeller pump would go on forever - Seems zoeller has known switch issues that hopefully is resolved in newer models. This time I will save the receipt in case the pump acts up before 3 years warranty. Eventually we decide to replace the pump, since our pit gets water all the time. He took extra efforts to ensure water is not thrown near the house to see if that reduces the load on the pump. Very happy with the efforts and outcome.

Description of Work
Our sump pump had to be replaced.

Category wells, drain pipe

06/08/2016

Sean V.

The plumber that came out was awesome. Showed up within and hour and a half from initial call. He made sure that the problem that he was called out for was corrected before leaving (which was a leaking toilet). Overall service was prompt, professional, and upfront and would use again for any plumbing problems! Great Job HMS plumbing!

Description of Work
Fixed Leaking Bathroom

02/03/2016

Robert M.

HMS was wonderful. When I called, they were able to come out in an hour. Luis called when he was on the way, and he even showed up early. When Luis arrived, he had a very positive and can do demeanor. He immediately put on shoe covers over his work boots without even asking if we wanted him to do so. Our sump pump was in a cramped area, but Luis had a great attitude about it. In fact, it was a pleasure to have him in the house. This is the first review I've written; I never want to write reviews. But the price HMS quoted, the speed with which they were able to come over, and the professionalism and positive attitude Luis demonstrated prompted me to want to write a positive review about this experience. I would call them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
HMS installed a new sump pump.

11/19/2015

Linda W.

HMS responded within 24 hours on a non-emergency call. I emailed pictures to them and they provided an estimate over the phone. Doug along with another assistant called 15 minutes prior to arrival, arrived on time, communicated the service that would need to be provided and made the repair quickly without incident. They were careful to cover their shoes before entering the home. Overall excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Fixed the handle on the downstairs Kohler toilet and replaced a seal to stop it from running all the time.

10/10/2015

Paul H.

Our plumber (Doug) did a great job. Quick response (and it was a Saturday!). outstanding customer service. He quickly identified the problem and explained the fix. Completed it in a short period of time. Excellent experience. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Water leak repair. Replaced wax seal on the toilet.

09/14/2015

LINDA K. H.

THEY DID A FANTASTIC JOB!! FIRST - and foremost - over the past 3 years - I have had 4 ... YES - 4 plumbers in to fix this problem. In addition to that - we have used all the liquid plumber liquids and bought a "gun" that gave big blasts of air in order to unclog this nasty sink! ..... Whether we did it - or the 4 plumbers ... it ALWAYS clogged back up within one week's time and it would take hours to drain. IT WAS A MESS! I spent hundreds of dollars --- for NOTHING! Anyway - it finally got to the point where it would not drain at all - so I checked out Angie's list and called HMS. I explained the situation - and Diana - immediately told me they would figure out the problem... (yeah... right). Even though she was very nice - I was skeptical (you know - gone through this before .... empty promises ...).Anyway - my husband was home that day - and she was nice enough to schedule someone right away. I got a call at work from the husband - saying - hey - they fixed it ... and I said "yeah ... for now". How much? His response was - it took the guy a while - and it was $300.00. Let's just say - I was not a happy camper. I asked him what they did ... and well ... he couldn't provide me with the details - that I could understand or justify the amount of money.... so I called Diana. I asked her to explain what they did to unclog it - and expressed that I thought $300.00 was high. She was actually able to tell me - in a way I could understand - what the plumber had done .... which included snaking over 40 feet (that's a lot) and the fact that they still had to use a very expensive commercial grade chemical. I expressed my concern that it would not last .... she assured me it would .... or they would send someone out at a much reduced rate if the drain started to slow down again. WELL - it has now been 1 month .... and it is still draining like a brand new sink!!! I know it seems silly to sound so excited about such a little thing --- but we have had so much trouble ... and spent so much money over the past 3 years --- that this is exciting...lol...lol.!!! I have now called them back - to fix another (2) problems from another plumber I had in last year to install a garbage disposal, and 2 new faucets (and to fix this sink) .... which obviously he didn't do right .... since they are leaking and the water pressure on one of the faucets - sucks. If you are having a problem ... any problem ... this is the company to calll!! HONEST - and I am a hard sell!!

Description of Work
UNCLOG a severely clogged bathroom sink ...

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

09/01/2015

Richard & Patricia M.

Great! Called them about noon after leaving 2 messages over 24+ hours for a company we have used in the past with no response. Before 3 PM, they had come and replaced the valve and were gone. Great response time!! I will definitely use this company for all my plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Replaced leaking pressure reducing valve.

05/11/2015

Richard P.

Both visits went great! On service visit 1, which was not an emergency, the HMS plumber still showed up the same day. He noted that the booster pump had been installed incorrectly by the irrigation company and was not doing any good. He also noted that the County had raised the water pressure level in our neighborhood years ago and a booster pump was not needed.. This advice saved us the price of a new pump, $750. The HMS plumber then properly installed new plumbing pipes. The cost was about 75% of what the pump would have cost. We have been without a booster pump for 6 months and there has been no loss in water pressure. The way HMS diagnosed the situation was $100% correct. Now we never have to worry about putting in another pump -- and the pumps generally need replacement about every 7 years. Service visit 2, to fix the broken irrigation pipe, was an emergency. I had shut off the water to the house but water was still pouring out from the sump pump. The HMS person I talked to at the office said she would have someone there within the hour. 55 minutes the HMS plumbers showed up; they even called ahead to say they were 10 or 15 minutes away. The HMS plumbers figured out immediately where the problem was and fixed it by replacing the broken section of pipe. They put in extra effort to replace the pipe in place, and not dig it out, which would have cost twice as much. In addition to their great plumbing know how, the 3 HMS plumbers who have been to our house were all very careful to minimize any mess, to clean up thoroughly after the work was done, and to patiently explain what the plumbing issues were and what options we had.

Description of Work
I have used HMS Plumbing twice. On service visit one, the booster pump for my irrigation system was leaking. On service visit 2, the pipe leading out of the house to the irrigation system was broken.

Category plumbing, wells, drain pipe

03/25/2015

Priscilla M.

I was quoted a price over the phone. He came on time. His snake broke, and he took some time to fix it. before he was able to snake the drain. He had trouble snaking the line, but double checked to make sure it was done. He went back in with the snake a second time to make sure it was totally clean.

Description of Work
He snaked out the main line to the septic tank.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

01/02/2015

Larry L.

Have used these folks for many other jobs in the past and they've done a good job with advance estimates of the total cost right on target. ALL plumbers are expensive, but these guys are better than many, I was reminded when a bought a "deal" on Angie's List that was supposed to provide $200 in plumbing for $99. That company said it would cost $350 -- my $200 "deal" plus $150 more -- just to do this job. I got my money back from Angie's List -- as I've had to do several times before on "deals" that weren't -- and returned to HMS. They charged $195.

Description of Work
"Rebuilt" a toilet that often wouldn't stop running (you know you hear it going long after a flush.)

10/13/2014

Carl P.

For the leaks, this was the second time I relied on HMS and they performed admirably. I would now consider this company to be my go-to plumber for any issue that I have in my house.

Description of Work
HMS installed a new baffle tank for my well. A few months later, I sprung a leak in the copper pipes that carried unfiltered water from the well. Quick response had PVC installed very professionally with no leaks

Category plumbing, wells, drain pipe

08/04/2014

Ernest Y.

Absolutely the best service I have received in years. I have total trust in their work and pricing.

Description of Work
Insstall sediment filter. replace stop valves

06/21/2014

Jill J.

HMS Plumbing's prompt service was the answer to my problem. Plumber Will Amaya was professional and quick ... in and out in a 1/2 hour. This is the second time I've used this company....and (if I must) I would call them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
replaced garbage disposal...that fixed the leak under my sink

06/16/2014

Karen W.

I have no complaints about the service. However, I thought the price of $250 for a half hour's work was excessive. I called the company to inquire about the price and their response was that they had high insurance and certification costs and that the price was the price. Whatever their costs, they clearly are not prorating them in line with the length, complication, danger and criticallity of the work. Bottom line: I feel ripped off.

Description of Work
Found leak in outside gas line, cut out two inches, replaced fitting and fastened down the line.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Jr leesburg painting llc

Premium Drainage & Erosion Solutions

If you're looking for honesty and quality workmanship, you've come to the right place. Our specialty is drainage and landscaping, but whether a property needs storm drains, french drains, sump pumps, grading, leveling, excavation, patios, creative guttering for water removal or landscaping, we do all of the above with guaranteed results! Get in touch today for a consultation, and help us help you come up with the perfect drainage solution for your home or business!

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

State of Virginia
    DPOR
    05/31/2017
    Financing, Check, PayPal, Discover, American Express, MasterCard, Visa

Residential & commercial - plumbing, gas fitting & backflow prevention services Well pumps, main water service repairs, main sewer repairs, stoppages, water heaters, hydro-jetting of sewer lines, video inspection of sewer lines, bath remodel, sump pumps, sewer effluent pumps, booster pumps, residential boilers, tankless water heaters, gas line install, gas line repair, toilet repair, faucet repair, leak detection, etc.

HVAC