We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)

Hill Roofing Corporation

Founded 1980 • With Angi since February 2008

11900 Livingston Road Suite 134

Manassas, VA 20109

Customer satisfaction is what determines our success, which is why we take a hands on approach. We provide all exterior services -- roofing, siding, gutters, windows, and doors. When interacting with Hill Roofing Corporation, you will notice that we are particularly focused on the principles of quality workmanship, timely completion, competitive pricing, and integrity in all our business dealings. Family owned and operated since 1980. We combine knowledge with our extensive practical experience, to ensure a specialized approach for your project needs. Hill Roofing is known in the industry for our honesty and integrity. We hold a Virginia Class A Contractor's License with classification in Home Improvement Contracting (HIC), Commercial Building Contracting (CBC), and Residential Building Contracting (RBC) classifications. Hill Roofing has been awarded the Angie's List Super Service Award consecutively since 2012. We are a member of the BBB, a certified GAF Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor, and a CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator. We carry workers comp and general liability insurance. Contact us today for a fair, and accurate estimate of your project. We look forward to adding you to our long, and growing list of happy customers....

03/03/2022

Jason A.

Hill Roofing installed a new roof on my home in August, 2021. I called the company in February to have them inspect an issue, only to learn the owner retired and closed the business. I only found out what I know because phone was forwarded to another company. However, that company is not honoring any warranties between me and Hill Roofing. I was never contacted by the original owner about this. I'm extremely disappointed because I choose Hill Roofing after speaking to the owner who not only spoke to the quality of their work, but also being valued member of the community itself. As such, I felt it necessary to contact the VA State Attorney General for assistance in having my warranty transferred to a licensed and insured roofing company.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

03/03/2022

Jason A.

Had my roof installed in the Fall of 2021. Called in February to have them inspect an issue, only to learn the owner retired and closed the business. I only found out what I know because phone was forwarded to another company, but they aren't honoring any warranties. No word from the original owner about this. And this after being sold on their pitch about being valued member of the community, longetivety, etc. The owner himself lied to my face knowing he would be closing his business (and putting all of his workers out on the street). I will be reporting them to the VA State Attorney General for breach of contract.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

03/02/2022

Jalal M.

Hill Roofing is no longer in business! They did a cedar shake roof and a flat roof for my house in Dec 2021. Big job: Joe Murden was the Salesman and Edwin the Project Manager. They are nowhere to be found! They must have known they'd be going out of business and yet did not say anything to me. This is not good business. We are trying to figure out who will handle their warranty.

Description of Work
Reston, VA

Category roofing,skylights

02/25/2022

Robert W.

The did some roof repair. They did a very very good job.

Description of Work
Roof repair.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate the your input.

05/19/2021

Mike G.

Doug with Hill's was kind and patient as we worked through the options. He was flexible and worked with me the best he was able, even though roofing materials (wood especially) has increased quite a bit. We ended up choosing another provider simply because of scheduling issues, but would have felt very comfortable with Hill's.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review expressing you are comfortable with our company. We agree, Doug is very kind and patient as well as honest. He holds the customer's best interest at heart. He is a great asset for our company and we are glad that others can recognized his integrity too! Thanks again!

05/06/2021

Andrew Q.

It went very smoothly from the start (providing the free estimate) to re-adjusting the gutter covers (follow up work less than a week later). Hill Roofing replaced my roof in early April 2021 and it's been about a month since the work was done and everything looks and works great. What was extra special about the work by Hill Roofing was how they worked with me to replace a broken pvc trim board on my house that was attached to utility lines. During the estimate through the start of the project, Joe instructed me on the best way to coordinate with the power and communications companies on removing and reinstalling these utility lines with two different utility companies. On the day of the project, Edwin worked with the techs from the utility companies to have as little down time as possible for our utilities, and then completed the project by the end of the long day. There was some follow up work on getting the gutter covers perfectly installed, which Hill Roofing did less than a week later without problem or additional payment.

Description of Work
Replaced 18 yr old asphalt single roof, replaced gutter covers, replaced two skylights, and replaced some pvc trim

Category gutter repair,roofing,skylights

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review outlining your experience [Member Information Removed] that everything is working great! We appreciate the time you took out of your day to provide us feedback.

03/19/2021

JOHN G.

Very well. I got several bids from equally highly rated roofers on Angie's List for the same exact top-quality GAF architectural shingles and Hill Roofing was the lowest. They did a two-day job in one day by bringing extra guys in. Completely cleaned up. House looks great. A new roof this size ain't cheap, so I did my homework and got top quality shingles installed by an excellent roofer. Would recommend Hill Roofing highly.

Description of Work
Replace entire 3,800 sq. ft. roof w/ GAF architectural shingles

Category gutter repair,roofing

Thank you very much for your review outlining your experience and our top-quality work. Thank you for the recommendation!

03/17/2021

Joyce J.

As smooth as the Mars landing but a lot faster. They met or exceeded my targets on important criteria: price, quality of material, time from start to pulling away, workmanship and cleanup after an inherently messy home improvement. I was particularly gratified by Hill threading the weather window which in march can easily morph from a couple of days into weeks. and no, I don't own stock in the company and the owner isn't my brother.

Description of Work
entire roof and gutter guards

Category gutter repair,roofing

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review expressing your satisfaction with our work and that it was as smooth as Mars. We love your comments! We have shared this with the whole office.

12/14/2020

Edward G.

Fabulous! We found it so refreshing to work with a company that treats you like family. Great communication, detailed estimate(s), incredible work ethic (even the neighbors commented on the hard-working crew), and no pressure but willing to discuss options. It was especially helpful to be given local locations to view roof work and take a look at colors being considered. Wouldn't hesitate to use again and highly recommend. Have already shared information with several interested neighbors. We feel lucky to have found Hill Roofing for this big investment.

Description of Work
new roof, gutters, downspouts, vents

Category gutter repair,roofing

Glad your experience was fabulous! We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review.

10/21/2020

BLAINE A.

I’m very pleased with Hill Roofing, it’s one of the best that I’ve hired to work on my home. Doug was very thorough inspecting my roof and let me know that I had a small hole in one of the shingles near the top of the roof and let me know how to repair it. He actually let me know that the rest of the shingles were in decent shape, even though they were over 25 years old, and I could go a few more years before replacing it. Other companies just told me if it’s that old it should be replaced. I got a detailed estimate with the options I requested. I decided to replace the original wood decking since they were beginning to show its age (40 years). The estimate was not the lowest nor was it the highest but I just felt more confident in this company based on my interactions with Doug. The operations team gave clear instructions and information on scheduling the delivery of the material and the installation. The installation crew came on time and quickly started prepping with work area with tarp coverings. They were courteous and professional during the two days of the installation. They did a good job cleaning the site of nails and debris. Edwin, the on-site manager, was superb in keeping me informed of what was happening and answered all the questions I had. He was very responsive to the follow-up small items that needed to be done after the install. Overall, this is a well-run company that is customer-focused. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace roof

Category roofing,doors

Thank you very much for your review outlining your experience and belief that we are a well-run company. Thank you for the recommendation!

09/16/2020

mark P.

Doug was a super nice guy he has experience with roofing, codes and insurance issues. The bid was very much in line with what the cost should be and he explained everything in detail. Edwin was also a great person to work with. He over saw the install details and did my final walk through. The install team was courteous and did a fantastic job, The clean up was perfect, not a nail or any trash any where to be found. I love the roof and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Needed to have my roof replaced

Category roofing,doors

Thank you for your kind words! Our staff is very knowledgeable and we are glad that your experience with Doug, Edwin, and our crew was great. So happy you love your roof!!!

09/12/2020

Georgina G.

I noticed a roof leak with all this recent rain and called several local roofing companies. It was quite serious as interior paint was bubbling and drywall separating. I called several local roofing companies and Hill Roofing was by far the most responsive, sending a salesperson the same day who tarped up the leak. I eventually went with this company to replace my 22 year-old plus shingle roof on my house as well as that on my garage. They were timely, professional, and ultimately delivered a great product and job.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with our company stating we were timely, professional, and delivered a great product! We appreciate the feedback and will share it with the team.

08/11/2020

Adam R.

First appointment was scheduled with Mr Hill to go over every detail of the job if they were hired. Nothing was left for me to guess what type and quality of product would go into the job. He demonstrated the pros and cons of all items, much to my great interest. To replace my old 35-year old roof, 3-tab shingles, with GAF HD architectural shingles took two full days. The crew arrived early and stayed late to get the job done. They explained all parts that needed replacement and laid gutter guards (a simple kind). They installed a new bathroom ventilation system through the roof too, which I preferred the roofers accomplish vice anyone else whilst they were up there. Clean-up was very complete and the site supervisor took a ton of pictures to help me understand what they did. Hill roofing had good communication as well both in the office and while the job was being complete.

Description of Work
Replace Roof Shingles

Category gutter repair,roofing

Thank you for completing a review regarding your roof and gutter replacement experience indicating that Mr. Hill provided good detail, the crew worked to get the job done, cleanup was completed, and there was good communication with the office. We will share your feedback with the staff. Have a great day!

07/16/2020

Michael A.

I had a great experience with Hill Roofing. Background: I have a 31 year old roof. A couple of years ago I was concerned that it was pretty old and had a roofing guy look at it; he said it was fine so I didn’t worry. About a month ago, after a heavy storm I had some shingles on the ground and some leaks in my roof. I got three quotes: one from a guy that works for a roofing company and does other roofs on the side during weekends and two established companies including Hill Roofing. I was impressed by the professionalism and attention of all three. All bids were comparable in terms of what they proposed to do; Hill Roofing was about 10% higher than the other two. Doug from Hill Roofing pointed out that the amount of roofing damage I had was likely to be covered by insurance. He was highly responsive to my questions and repeated emails. Although Hill Roofing was the most expensive, I decided that the quality of the estimate and the responsive of Doug made them “best value” and moved forward with them. It truly felt like a partnership every step of the way. Early on, Doug pointed out that it would take a few weeks to work through the insurance company and came out the next morning to tarp all the leaks. He also pointed out several deficiencies to my existing roof (missing drip edge and bad/missing flashing all the way around). After I got a very reasonable estimate from the insurance company, Doug went back to the insurance company pointing out a few things that were missing. He got me another $1,000. Their estimate included a base price and several options. Doug made it really easy. Edwin the project manager got me on the schedule quickly and his team showed up early on a Monday morning in the stifling heat. As I had questions, Edwin was super responsive by phone/text to answer them. After I decided mid way through the job that I wanted funnel guards he worked with me to add them to the contract. Every bit of the work was professional. The workers were polite (if unavoidably noisy), worked quickly, protected my plants and flowers, and spent two hours scouring my yard for debris and nails. I just can’t say enough about how pleased I am. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replacement of 30 year old roof.

Category roofing,doors

Thank you so much for your raving review outlining the superior service that our company provided. We are happy that you are pleased and that our staff was polite, made the process easy for you, and every bit of work was professional. We are also glad that Doug was able to work to get you additional funds to cover your roof. Doug has good experience as an adjuster and is a great asset to our team. Thanks again!

06/24/2020

Michael W.

The deal I sought for a new roof ($5999) was unfortunately not applicable to my town house, due to the serious pitch of the front part of my town house roof. This issue with the deal I claimed understandable and explained well by the company. The job was scheduled and the workers showed up before 0730 to get started, based on a weather report of rain possible that afternoon. The crew was very quick, safe, and cleaned up with no issues found, finishing just moments before a huge downpour. The follow up with the crew chief explaining the warranty and issues with workmanship were excellent. I would use this company again. One note on this job, the company does not take debit cards for payment, which in the modern electronic world we live in seems to be counter to trying to take care of the customer and this is the first business I have seen that does not take debit cards. The company does take credit cards, but charges the customer a user fee for their use. I actually had to write a check for payment, something I have not done in years. This payment issue should be addressed to give customers more options for payment as not taking debit cards is just plain unacceptable. If you limit payment options, you limit customers - simple as that. Last, if you have a pitch issue with a roof, which is very common with town homes, this issue of lack of applicability of a deal could be solved by offering a deal at a bit higher price to accommodate the customers who have a steep roof pitch.

Description of Work
New Roof Installation

Category roofing,doors

Thank you for taking the time to submit an A review expressing your satisfaction with our company and that the crew was quick, safe, and cleaned up with no issues found. We do not accept debit cards due to the large charge amount and regulation restrictions with using a debit card. Thanks again!

06/15/2020

Patricia C.

I met with the owner and worked with the project manager, those two were phenomenal. The installers who replaced the roof, I had a few issues with. Everything came out okay. They were not as detail oriented as I expected. I would give the project manager and owner an "A+". I would give the installers an "A-", there where things that I needed to point out to them. I don't think that I needed to do that. I would recommend them to others. When the owner came out, I knew exactly what I was getting. there were no surprises.

Description of Work
Completely replaced the roof

Thank you for your A+ rating for our owner and project manager. Our owner is known for his honesty, integrity, and knowledge of the roofing industry. One customer called him "The Professor of Roofing". When he roofed for Toll Brothers, they would call him in to trouble shoot where other roofers could not resolve a problem. We apologize if there was any issues that needed pointed out with the crew. After each installation, our project manager does a final walk through of every job with the homeowner to make sure all issues are addressed and that the customer is totally satisfied. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! Have a great day!

06/11/2020

Karen K.

Great! The sales person walked the roof to determine what additional repairs might be needed to get a good estimate for the work. He explained the process and the materials they use. They were not the least expensive estimate, nor the most expensive, but most of the other companies I received estimates from didn't get on the roof to determine if there was any damage that was noticeable that would need to be addressed. Their scheduling was easy and they were done in about half a day (townhouse roof).

Description of Work
Roof Replaced

Thank you for submitting an A review outlining your experience with our company. We believe in educating the customer about the roof replacement process so they can make informed decisions about what is best for their home and their family. Thank you for the "Great" compliment!

05/24/2020

brian D.

I definitely recommend Hill Roofing for your next roofing job. They did a great job – from start to finish. Very professional, very thorough, and very accommodating. It all started with a visit by Les Hill, the owner of Hill Roofing, who went over in detail the process, the options, and his business history. He explained in detail what I could expect during the reroofing process. Using roofing samples (GAF TimderlineHDZ Pewter Gray, Tigerpaw, Prostart, Cobra snow country, seal-a-ridge, etc.), he demonstrated the benefits of each part of my new planned roof. He reviewed warranty options and explained how his team of roofers professionally would replace and install my new roof. After the initial assessment, a day later I received the emailed proposal. After a couple of changes, we agreed upon the scope and cost of the project. After the proposal accepted, a few days later we agreed with a start date for an approximately 2 day job. The start date was within 2 weeks of proposal acceptance. On the scheduled day, his team arrived and began the process of stripping the old asphalt shingle roof, replacing vents, re-flashing skylights, and reroofing the home. Prior to starting the removal process, his team thoroughly laid tarps around the exterior areas to prevent damage to house deck and foliage. His team worked quickly. Although it was loud, it was very manageable to stay inside and occasionally venture outside to view and record the process. I also had opportunities to speak to and ask questions of the roofing team lead to explain many points of the reroofing details. He was very understanding and accommodating. Any issues found were quickly resolved and repaired. The Hill team are laser focused to meet your expectations on a solidly built roof in every detail. After the roof was completed, Hill sent out their roofing team lead (Edwin), to assess the work, evaluate the results, identify any follow-up issues, and required resolution. Edwin did a great job and explained in detail any items that needed to be fixed. He also explained the GAF warranty and how Hill Roofing stands behind their work. He noted that should I find any issue in the future, I should call them immediately to have the issue addressed. All in all, it was a very pleasurable experience to use Hill Roofing to replace my roof. I would most definitely recommend them for any roofing project. Your roof is one of the most important aspects of your home; you need to insure that it is done professionally and with a solid reliable product. Hill Roofing delivered on both those these aspects.

Description of Work
Roof replacment

Thank you for taking the time to provide a very detailed synopsis of your experience with our company and staff. We are glad that you had a pleasurable experience, feel confident in our professional crew and our workmanship. We agree, your roof is one of the most important aspects of your home which is why we believe in using qulaity products coupled with our trained, certified crews. Thank you for the kind words!!!

05/06/2020

Lee L.

We cannot say enough about how happy we are with our new roof and more importantly Hill Roofing. Doug is fantastic, he was with us from the beginning to the end and even checked back with us a couple of weeks later to make sure we were happy with the results and work done. Edwin and his crew were timely,efficient and extremely particular with cleanup, we found no signs of debris left behind. We highly recommend Hill Roofing and will certainly be referring to our family and friends!!! Sincerely, The Leidenheimers

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category roofing,doors

Thank you for the review and recommendation. We are so glad you are happy with your new roof!

04/28/2020

Deb & Bob Z.

Mr Hill himself came to do our appraisal. He was prompt and very thorough in his explanation of options. He explained everything on a level that I could understand (husband was TDY). I was able to make informed decisions based on the industry best standards. The office staff were exceptionally helpful providing necessary information and insuring questions and/or additional requests were conveyed to the project supervisor, Edwin. Edwin made contact with me daily and was on-site most of the days. Including ours, 3 houses in our cul-de-sac have had Hill's provide our new roofs and 2 others asked for information. When it comes time for new windows throughout our2,900 sq ft Colonial, I will indefinitely call Hill's first. I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to anyone. It's wonderful to support a small, local business, but it is a pleasure to support them because they offer superior quality service. the employees have all been with Mr Hill for a long time and that attitude of pride in their work is apparent. Well done!

Description of Work
New roof and gutters. Additionally, repairs to screened-in porch roof and replacement skylights.

Category gutter repair,roofing

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience with our company. Mr. Hill is very detailed and believes in educating the customer so they can make an informed decision. We appreciate all the kind words. Thank you again for the feedback and the high recommendation!

04/19/2020

Anthony E.

I usually think of a new roof like buying a new car but working with Hill was completely pain free. The price was good, the timing was perfect, and the workmanship was outstanding. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
New roof installed

We agree with your comment about the pain of buying a new car! We are glad that you would recommend us for our good price and outstanding workmanship. As part of our estimate presentation, we provide pictures and explain about our company and the installation process so a homeowner is informed and knows what to expect. Thank you for the high recommendation!

04/19/2020

Larry G.

Without a hitch. They were professional, prompt, responsive and they did a great job with clean up. Mr. Hill has a great operation going! Thanks

Description of Work
Asphalt roof replacement

Category roofing,doors

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your experience with our company. Thanks for the compliment of having a great operation going! We believe in quality workmanship with a quality experience for our customers.

03/28/2020

Patty B.

Excellent! Les explained every step of the process and showed me every piece of roofing material he would put on my roof. He was very detailed and clear. The price was reasonable and less than the other large business roofer’s I interviewed. He was the only roofer who didn’t think I needed to replace my gutters. I especially liked that!

Description of Work
Replaced roof

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience with our company. Mr. Hill is very detailed and believes in educating the customer so they can make an informed decision. He is not a high pressure sales person. He wants what is right for the customer and will not sell you a roof if you do not need one. [That actually happened last Friday. He told a homeonwer they had 2 more years left and and to call us in 2 years. Anyone else would have taken advantage and sell a roof anyway.] Thanks for the "Excellent" review and please be safe!

03/18/2020

Kristen R.

Very well! I took the recommended upgrades, so the materials on my roof should hold up very well. They finished in a day and the roof looks so much better. I had one minor issue afterwards and they returned as soon as I asked to take care of it. I appreciated the thorough and prompt follow-up!

Description of Work
My roof needed to be replaced and some of the underlying plywood had to be replaced as well.

Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you're happy with how your new roof looks!

11/11/2019

John B. M.

Doug spent several hours inspecting and explaining what was required. In great depth! Bid was very competitive. Edwin, the project manager was prompt, very professional, and left the site very clean. Would hire this company again.

Description of Work
New roof on very large home. Repaired many plywood squares

Thank you for the "A" rating! We are glad to hear the process of your roof installation from start to finish was satisfaction. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!