Custom Care Lawn & Property Services Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since October 2008

4.3

8629 Wellington Rd

Manassas, VA 20109

Custom Care Lawn Care and Landscaping Services proudly serves the Northern VA. area, and has been in business since 1993! We are fully licensed, insured, and certified by the state of VA. in Pesticide application. We pride ourselves on the custom, exceptional, and prompt service at competitive

09/27/2021

Dr.Martin S D.

I’ve been using Custom Care Lawn & Property for several years. They are reliable and do great work. There are so many companies to choose from, yet the thing that sets them apart as an excellent company is the positive attitude of their staff….always looking to do the best they can do. I’ve seen this from the owner, to the office and field staff. It’s always a pleasure to come home to a lawn that’s well kept…and I hate to admit it, but they do a much better job of lawn care than I did. They do it all, from cutting to fertilization and insect control in the lawn….I will continue to use them and hope that this review helps you in deciding to give them an opportunity to serve you….you won’t be disappointed.

Description of Work
Mowing and lawn treatment

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

07/22/2021

Jim C.

Excellent. Good, friendly crew who worked with us to understand what we wanted and to do the work as we desired. Good office staff too. Efficient scheduling and billing and good quality work at a reasonable price. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup, trim shrubs, mulch and lawn fertilizer throughout summer.

Category firewood, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

04/25/2019

Chris Y.

Landscaping and plant transplanting work; it was well done by the crew from Custom Care Lawn & Prop and really appreciate their professionalism.

Description of Work
Landscaping work at my yard

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

07/24/2017

Jennifer A.

Patio better than new -landscaping looks great

Description of Work
jired for landscaping & to fix a settled patio

06/14/2017

darell L.

Excellent job. Good quality for the price.

Description of Work
Weekly mowing, shrub pruning, crabgrass control, flower bed cleanup and mulching.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

04/15/2017

Charles A.

They do an excellent job. I have worked with them and they do more than just landscaping. They are getting ready to do my lawn in about two days.

Description of Work
I have used Custom Care Lawn out of Manassas.

06/30/2016

Lisa G.

Project went great! Staff was prompt and professional. I was able to customize the design of the patio to meet our needs and style. The patio is wonderful and we wish we had done it sooner. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Removed existing deck. Leveled the ground and installed cut flagstone patio (approx.14'x20') Built stairs (concrete base with flagstone). Stairs are lighted and have a black iron handrail. Did basic landscaping surrounding patio as well.

06/29/2016

Jennifer H.

After contacting multiple Landscape companies, all from Angie's List, we decided to heir Custom Care. The foreman Joe, came out to do the initial estimate, and realized that we needed to be creative, due to the large German Shepherds that had created a "dog track" in the back yard, and were adding to the incredible erosion problem that already existed. We ended up taking the major mud slide, and putting in tiers with timbers, filling the tiered levels with river rock and then I added large ceramic pots with plants and flowers for color and esthetics. All of the timbers around the retaining walls were raised and those that needed to be replaced were replaced. Where there was a bunch of stones just thrown in a random line along a tree line, the workers made a great tiered stone wall that the dogs would not be able to "knock down" or destroy. The work was primarily done for erosion control and ascetics for a very disastrous yard. When the project was completed we realized we should have taken before and after photos! We are very pleased with the work and it is holding up very well with the dogs continuous running in the yard. Thanks to Custom Care, Joe and all of the workers who took the time to come up with the solutions and made subtle changes to the design structure when needed!! Great work, and highly recommended

Description of Work
Took a torn up back yard, with major erosion problems and came up with great solutions that are attractive and hardy considering the very large dogs that we have and the grade of the back yard!

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

04/06/2016

Col Bill M.

Professional! From the planning to execution, the entire staff was the epitome' of a "can do" attitude. Willing to work together in a Fluid environment to achieve the desired outcome within budget and on time. Superb in every aspect. This was a tough job.... And they did it well! I was on site.... These guys, from the owner to the guy with the shovel, are task oriented, aim to please, and Are part of a focused and productive organization. Best group of folks I have seen outside of the Corps!

Description of Work
Built retaining wall and kayak launch site under demanding circumstances. Tides, currents and difficult weather conditions.

04/01/2016

Danielle N.

They were very professional, though I did not get to keep the sketch they made for the $49 sketch Angie's List deal. (They went over it with me but took it with them when they left.) I did not end up hiring them to do the landscaping.

Description of Work
Made a sketch of a potential landscape redo.

02/24/2016

Roland F.

I could have gotten the same thing from any landscaper for a free estimate. I don't think they went beyond. They did an evaluation, plan and drawing. I've called other landscapers too and they did the same thing for free. They didn't charge anything more. I've called other landscapers in the past and some did it for free and some did it for $25. I don't think the price was as competitive.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them. It was $49 for landscaping evaluation and plans. They did a landscaping plan for us.

01/19/2016

Sanket P.

He was over booked. Once scheduled he came. We talked. He seemed knowledgable. I told him my requirements and ideas. He promised to provide sketches of a design but never followed up. Ended up using someone else.

Description of Work
Bought a coupon to provide landscape evaluation.

11/06/2015

Susan O.

Exceptional experience provided. Attention to detail is exemplary. Expertise outstanding. Honoring clients interest and requests is to be applauded. The owner, Scott Waltrous, and his team are to be commended in every venue of service that they provide.

Description of Work
New Landscaping of entire front and back of property. Existing landscape pruning of property . Continued lawn care of property. Flagstone patio installed.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

08/26/2015

Rachel C.

After our walk around the property, he left. We were expecting a written landscaping plan with a price estimate. After not hearing anything for many weeks, I called him in June. He indicated that they had had a lot of people purchase the coupon and that they were very busy. He would get back to me as soon as he could. In the meantime, we put off going with any other landscaper because we assumed that he would get back to us with a plan and an offer. Unfortunately, it is now the end of August, our yard looks even more unimpressive with many of our bushes dying -- the reason we purchased the deal to begin with -- and it's no longer a good time to do any significant planting. I understand being overwhelmed with work, but the professional thing to do would have been to (at the very least) take the initiative and contact the customers that you've left hanging to let them know you won't be able to get back to them this season. In that case, at least we could have made the decision to go with one of the many other landscaping businesses around, and our yard wouldn't look so terrible. I also understand that Custom Care Lawn & Property Services never received any of our $49, but they reaped significant benefit from the coupon sales -- assuming that's why they are too busy to get back to us -- but this feels disrespectful and dismissive. Not only will I not use this company in the future, but I will also think twice before I purchase coupons for services through Angie's List again.

Description of Work
We purchased a deal through Angie's List for a landscaping assessment and plan in March. It took several weeks to set up the appointment, and the gentleman met me at the house on April 8, 2015. We walked around the property for about 30 minutes, he took notes and verbally indicated some of his initial ideas for the property.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

08/12/2015

Diana H.

I purchased this deal in March. He did contact me within the designated time and on April 3rd we set an appointment for April 23rd. On April 23rd when I inquired what time he was going to arrive, his response was he hadn't heard from me. When I forwarded the email again, he acknowledged that I did respond but he had appointments that day. I asked for a refund and he responded that he couldn't issue one to me. That the fee I paid went to Angie's list and he did not recieve the funds. Therefore I was going to have to contact Angie's list for a refund. So we set up another appointment for April 29th. He did come out but asked for a couple of weeks for the drawing because he was really busy. Plus he needed me to provide a plat of my property before he could provide me a quote. I sent one plat and he responded that he needed a plat with my house located on the property. I sent that plat on May 19th. He responded that it was the correct one. I sent an email on June 1st asking what the stautus and I have never had a response yet.

Description of Work
The provider made the site visit but never followed up despite an email asking for a status.

07/14/2015

Mary G.

I called twice to set up an appointment. The contractor said he was having back problems and to call back another time. So I gave up. I never heard back from him. I guess i am out the $49 because I went with another landscaper the wait was so long.

Description of Work
nothing

Category landscaping, lawn service

We had an unexpected overwhelming response to this offer and are working as hard as we can to accomadate all who have purchased this offer. Please let Angies List know and they will refund your purchase. We recieve NO portion of your 49.00 purchase and only get compensated if we move forward on a project for you. Wish we could have satisfied you. Thank you Scott Watrous

07/07/2015

Byron H.

We never received a plan even though I called twice to ask about it. It would be proper to get my money back.

Description of Work
In response to an Angies List Deal contractor came to house to draw up plan for landscaping.

07/02/2015

Kathleen M.

We had to install a new sump/downspout drainage pipe. This required the removal of some patio pavers. Custom Care is going to be doing some yard work for us and we saw that they also did landscaping, patios, and stone work. I called, gave them the size of the area to be re-installed and asked if they could do that small job. Scott called back and said they could and would be happy to do so. He was able to get Freddie and JR out within two days!! Yahoo! What customer service. I had a picture of the pavers/patio that I had taken. The pavers were of odd sizes so they would create a pattern. The picture allowed Freddie and JR to replace them so they matched the rest of the patio area. Freddie and JR showed up on time, had all the equipment needed and got right to work. They were easy to communicate with, really "knew their stuff", AND DID A BEAUTIFUL JOB! They made sure the pavers slanted away from the house, and even notched two pavers so they fit the new piping. The sand they brought to use as a base and between the pavers was even better and finer quality than what was used originally. It made a difference. I wish that quality had been used when the patio was first installed. After they finished Freddie and JR cleaned up very well, and took away excess material we had taken out when the pavers were removed for the drain work. They even took a few minutes to remove some excessive mulch that was piled up on our siding and around our gas meter. There was a wire sticking up by the gas meter which I commented on. Freddie told me it was for the gas company to attach a device to read the meter. Not only were they good at what they did, but they educated me also. A bonus. I like to be an informed homeowner. Never having had gas before, I now know a little more of how things operate thanks to Freddie.

Description of Work
Replaced patio pavers that were removed to install a drainage pipe.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

06/10/2015

Elizabeth M.

Scott came out and discussed how best to handle our extremely overgrown front and back gardens and yards; we have a sweet-gum tree in the front yard (why? oh, why?) which drops very, very annoying sweet gum-balls constantly. Also, the landscaping was at one point beautiful and trimmed, but had become massively overgrown and was attempting to take over our yard, the neighbors' yard, etc. Scott suggested a regular mowing and edging schedule for the yard, during which his team would eliminate the sweet gum-balls, and also an extensive weeding, trimming, mulching, and cleaning up of the shrubbery areas. He promptly provided a detailed written estimate. We were uncomfortable with the use of Round-Up for weeding, and his team has no alternative weeding solutions, but he agreed to drop the Round-Up part of the estimate with no problem. His team has mowed and edged our yard twice on the proposed schedule, and it looks marvelous; not a sweet-gum ball in sight! On the day scheduled for the general clean-up, the weather was uncooperative, so Scott emailed the day before, suggesting an alternative date within the week. We agreed to that, and on the date scheduled, his team showed up and did an amazing job trimming, weeding, mulching and cleaning up our gardens. They did exactly as requested, and cleaned up after themselves beautifully. Very professional, very organized. I will definitely continue working with this company, and will recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Weeded, trimmed, edged, mulched, and cleaned up our extremely overgrown front and back yards and gardens.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

06/08/2015

Lauren R.

The company arrived at the appointed time. Spent at least 30 minutes looking at our front yard. Drew something up on paper which I thought would be given to me with the final estimate but it wasn't. I have an estimate but don't remember now what was discussed on the drawing.

Description of Work
Landscaping ideas for our front yard

05/29/2015

marjorie G.

In hindsight it was a complete waste of money. I paid $59, I think, for a verbal estimate to correct a drainage problem on a hill and under my deck. Most contractors provide those types of estimates for free. The deal said I would receive a diagram of the plans discussed but Joe said he would only provide a diagram/sketch if the work was contracted. What I received was his business card with two prices written on the back. Joe seemed very knowledgeable but I did not receive what I paid for.

Description of Work
We discussed the drainage problem my yard has with water coming down the hill from a neighbors yard. He took some measurements and did some calculations on a manila folder and came up with estimates for a very low (10" to 14") retaining wall and for grading under my deck and covering it with stones. .

Category lawn service, hardscaping

05/09/2015

Mary J.

Very pleasant. The man had been here last year for the same promotion. I told him we never got his proposal for the front yard and he promised to send it. This year, same thing but the proposal was for the back yard. We have never gotten either proposal and we want our $49.00 back for each failed review. We are very dissatisfied.

Description of Work
Said he took measurements and would send a proposal

Category lawn service

We had an unexpected overwhelming response to this offer and are working as hard as we can to accomadate all who have purchased this offer. This is the first time we have offered this "Big Deal" so I am certain we were not there last year. If you are unhappy with our ability to meet your time frame let Angies List know and they will refund your purchase. We recieve NO portion of your 49.00 purchase and only get compensated if we move forward on a project for you. Wish we could have satisfied you. Thank you Scott Watrous

05/08/2015

Christina B.

Very helpful, good suggestions

Description of Work
Reviewed my lawn made suggestions for plants/shrubs. discussed new front porch , rock wall

04/15/2015

Rikin T.

It was okay but it was not great. We were looking for some written report or recommendation out of it but we have not got anything yet from the contractor. It was just a consultation so they stayed awhile half an hour or forty five minutes to our property. We wanted a written recommendation. He was knowledgeable but it was not what we were looking for. We wanted to get some planning and explanation from him about what we wanted. It would be nice to call them first and see what they are offering and what service they are into before pushing anything.

Description of Work
I've used the big deal of Custom Care Lawn & Property Services Inc.

04/14/2015

Guy M.

I bought and paid $49 for the "Landscaping Evaluation and Plans" deal through Angie's List. It included: $49 for a landscaping evaluation of your yard with a proposal and a conceptual plan/drawing of your project. The service provdier (their spelling) will come to your home and talk through all your options for both landscaping and hardscaping Deal could be used for plant location mapping, retaining walls, water features, handling drainage issues, and privacy options Deal value will be applied to installation costs if contract is signed with the service provider Joe came out, walked around my yard with me, and offered some suggestions based on what I wanted. I was looking for ideas and I expected the "landscaping evaluation of your yard with a proposal and a conceptual plan/drawing of (the) project" that I paid for! He did say that it would be a good idea for a yard clean up. I figured, since I didn't get any real ideas from him and no plans, that he would give me a good price on the yard clean up. I was wrong! He told me that he would email me the price for a yard clean-up. A week or so later I still had not gotten it. I emailed the company through Angie's List today and asked about it. Scott wrote back quickly that, after looking at Joe's notes, the cost for a yard clean-up would be: ?$405.00 to $540.00 depending on labor hours.? I asked him if the price would be reduced by the $49 deal ? as it says in the deal: see the fourth bullet above! His response: No, there is no credit for the 49.00 Evaluation. Angies List takes 100% of that fee, we receive $0.00. So what about that 4th bullet above????? I've had other landscapers come out to look around and give me estimates and I have NEVER had to pay them to do so! What was this big deal for????? What a complete and total RIP-OFF!!!!!

Independence Landscape

Independence Landscape is a full service landscape and lawn care company based in Northern Virginia. We offer a full range of services, from maintenance to landscape design and installation, to custom hardscape projects. Each of our crews specialize in a specific skill set, which ensures quality of work regardless of the size or complexity of the project. We continually stay on top of industry standards and developments by regularly attending professional training sessions and courses. If a better method, tool or environmentally friendly product appears on the market, Independence is trained and certified to implement it in order to enhance the beauty of our customers' properties. *Our Company History* Independence Landscape was established in 2006. Our owners, Curtis Greene and Chad Evans, originally started in the landscaping and lawn maintenance business while in high school and college. "Even back then," Greene explains, "we took it very seriously and set high standards for everything we did." Clients noticed their reliability and the quality of their work. After college graduation, they both landed jobs with the Department of Defense, but quickly discovered they missed working on people's yards and building relationships with their clients. They both decided to pursue their real passion, and soon Independence Landscape officially opened for business. Today our growing company takes care of residential properties throughout Northern Virginia. Loyalty and trust between our clients and employees is the backbone of everything we do at Independence.

2022 Super Service Award

Weed Man Fairfax-Manassas

Weed Man Lawn Care Fairfax-Manassas, VA is a network of locally owned and operated lawn care professionals providing environmentally responsible fertilization, weed control and surface insect with grub control services. For the past 40 years, Weed Man's promise has always been the same: We treat your lawn as if it were our own and provide you with honest and open communication. Additional contact name - Christine Musselman. Additional DBA - Weed Man.

Spring-Green Lawn Care

Spring-Green Lawn Care delivers both traditional and organic lawn and tree care services centered on the beautification of local neighborhoods and communities with both residential and commercial customers. As your locally owned and operated neighborhood lawn care professional, we take our commitment to our community seriously. That includes offering you the highest quality service performed in an environmentally responsible manner by trained and licensed technicians.

Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Complete Class A lawn and landscape contractor. Scheduled mowing and edging, fertilization & weed control, aeration, dethatching, overseeding, powerseeding, sodding, lawn restoration, pruning, mulching exisitng landscape, leaf clean-up/removal, spring clean-up, seasonal plantings, shrub care, drainage correction, green goods and hardscapes, landscape designing, patios, walkways, retaining walls, ponds, lighting, stone, brick, and pavers, to Snow plowing and sanding.

NA