Beacon Home Services

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2007

If you are in need of fast and effective electrical or plumbing services in Northern Virginia, contact Beacon Home Services right away. They offer same-day services, free pre-job cost estimates, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee to all their customers. Their technicians are fully licensed, highly trained, and ready to help you with all your electrical and plumbing needs. They pride themselves on their customer service and offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Call today! ...

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+9 more images

electrician (948)lighting (231)ceiling fan installation (79)plumbers (7)water heaters (1)generator service (69)landscape lighting (28)appliance repair (15)childproofing (1)garage doors (1)

08/05/2022

Karl G B.

This is a difficult review to write. Up until this week I would have given Beacon a "5" on all categories. But today I can't be so positive, I have requested them for four services at this time; 3 plumbing and 1 electrical. Here's a summary of each service: 1. Plumbing: Service a well water system. Our prior well water company had gone out of business. Beacon was responsive and dealt with an unfamiliar system pretty well. They replaced needed consumables and determined how to adjust the water to the right pH and hardness. Reasonably priced, but they did overestimate supplies (but they left excess with me so presumably the next time it will be cheaper). Good first experience, "B+" rating. 2. Plumbing: Repair broken shower control, replace Shower head, and track down intermittent leak from said shower. Super responsive. The tech did a lot of trouble shooting and determined that the overflow was mis-adjusted and that the gasket on the overflow was decayed and needed replacement. All work done at reasonable price and very thankful for the Tech's experience. "A" Rating, no further leaks! 3. Electrical: Run a new circuit for a portable hot tub to two locations. Disclaimer: I am an electrical engineer who has dealt with homeowner electrical improvements in the past. This tech worked with me on the design of the new circuit, cautioned me on the things I needed to do outside of Beacon's service (aka dig a trench for the underground line) and came out to support the county inspection. When the inspector required changes, the Tech worked with me to implement them with minimal cost increase. A++/ 100 % rating. 4. Replace a failed instahot faucet. The tech could not seem to find a replacement part at a reasonable price. He gave me a quote for $933. I contacted Instahot, and they directed me to a $350 replacement part on Amazon and provided a video for homeowner replacement. When I declined the service the Tech called and said that it was not just the cost of the hardware but his time. I pointed out that I wasn't willing to pay $587 labor for a straightforward 30 minute in and out replacement that I could do myself. So an "F" on this service, which I declined.

Description of Work
3 Plumbing and 1 Electrical

Category electrician, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/03/2022

08/01/2022

NINA A.

It went very well. No problem detected with hall switches-all working. Outlet was replaced. Service technician was friendly, efficient, and professional. Rates were more economical than others listed on Angi's.

Description of Work
Check hall light-possible problem with switch. Check bath outlet-possibly "frying" devices plugged in.

Work Completed On 08/01/2022

Dear [Member Name Removed], we are so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us! We appreciate the great review and look forward to working with you again soon. - Beacon Home Services

07/21/2022

Richard and Deborah R.

Very well-however, there was some sticker shock involved in the price; I guess that's the difference between having a bonded electrician versus a handyman working on the ceiling fan-the cost of the bonded electrician was perhaps twice that of the "I got from handymen/women. The price of the simple installation a year ago before the fan stopped working was half what I paid today. I have to say it was worth the price! But pricey it was-if you are on a very tight budget, this might not be the way to go. But if you want real quality it is the way to go!

Description of Work
Removal of old ceiling fan and installation of new PANDAS-specific symptoms may include: Severe separation anxiety. Anorexia or disordered eating. Urinary frequency. Tics and/or purposeless motor movements. Acute handwriting difficulty. Removal of old ceiling fan and installation of a new working ceiling fan

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/21/2022

We are happy to know that you had a great experience here! We appreciate the kind words and look forward to working together again for your plumbing and electrical needs!! - Beacon Home Services

10/02/2021

Kristen C.

We used Beacon to fix some bad wiring in several recessed lights. Carl was awesome!!! Came out the same day, gave me a quote on the spot and was able to complete the work. The payment ended up costing more than the quote but Carl explained that ahead of time (I had missed adding a couple fixtures to the original quote). Carl explained everything he was doing, spent all the time needed to make the project safe and correct. Also very friendly and professional. Will use again. Thanks Carl!

Description of Work
Repair wiring in light fixtures

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 09/30/2021

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at Beacon Home Services. Thanks for sharing. We look forward to working with you again in the future for your plumbing and electrical needs! - Beacon Home Services

08/20/2021

roland N.

Had a section of my polybutylene water line change from the water heater to the main manifold. Jason, the plumber was experienced and very professional. Worked me through what he was going to do before starting the work. Replaced the pipe and made sure the issue was fixed before leaving. Took the time to give me an estimate for replacing the entire polybutylene plumbing in the house as this system is no longer recommended due to high failure rate.

Description of Work
Replace leaky water line from water heater

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone!! - Beacon Home Services

08/18/2021

Dennis D.

Beacon’s Andre did a super job. Recommended repairing fan motor vs replacing entire unit. Saved me time and money. Their office staff kept me apprised of the delivery date for the parts, and schedule for installation. Installation occurred the day after part was received. Andre showed up exactly on time and was very efficient at his work. I highly recommend him and them.

Description of Work
Repair bathroom exhaust fan

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

We’re thrilled that you were satisfied with our services. Your feedback is appreciated, and we hope to be of help again soon! - Beacon Home Services

07/29/2021

Sheree M.

Jason did a great job. We have a complicated underfloor heating pre-installed. He worked very hard with us to strategize to relocate the shower, toilet and sink plumbing and add additional drain without impacting the existing heating system.

Description of Work
N/A

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 07/20/2021

Thanks so much for giving us your take on how we are doing. We're glad that customers like you are having a great experience at Beacon Home Services. We are happy you found us!! - Beacon Home Services

07/08/2021

Joe H.

Did a great job!! All work done in a timely manner with excellent customer service. Will be recommending to family and friends

Description of Work
Plumbing repair

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 07/08/2021

Seeing that you had a 5-Star experience is the best thing we could hope for! Your review means a lot to us. Thank you for choosing Beacon Home Services. We look forward to serving you for many years to come for your plumbing and electrical needs! - Beacon Home Service

06/15/2021

Jennifer G.

When we experienced flickering lights and partial blackouts in our home, Beacon Homes Services sent someone to our home in Rockville right away. Jacob quickly and expertly diagnosed the problem, which turned out to be our electric meter. He and his colleagues in the office contacted Pepco and explained it was an emergency, complete with photos, and we were able to get a Pepco emergency crew out to do a temporary repair within 2.5 hours. Jacob had to leave for another job, but he took the time to phone us to check on the status of Pepco's repair at the end of the day. He also made some wiring improvements to our electrical panel while we were waiting for Pepco, and the rates were quite reasonable. I would definitely hire Beacon Home Services again.

Description of Work
Electric meter replacement

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

Thank you for rating us! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again! - Beacon Home Services

05/31/2021

Sean F.

Beacon’s tech were able to diagnose and fix the problem quickly. They were very professional, thorough, and polite.

Description of Work
Outdoor electric circuit failed

Work Completed On 05/18/2021

05/05/2021

KAREN S.

The company was very responsive with scheduling and texting appointment and estimated arrival times however the wheels fell off after that. The (2) technicians arrived promptly and were courteous. After showing them the assignment which was to install a ceiling fan into a bedroom with recessed lighting, they disappeared into their truck for a few minutes and returned with a quote of $1,184. This was to cover the labor of the installation and include a light switch. Knowing the price of the installation of the four other rooms I had this done previously, I sent them on their merry way and hired another contractor who cost less than $300 for the same job.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

We set a high standard for ourselves, and we’re so sorry to hear this didn't meet your expectations! Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately.

04/13/2021

PAUL P.

Technican was professional and knowledgable. 5 stars for him but not the company. They called me after I had done a search on Angi even though I hadn't decided to engage anyone yet. They had availablity 2 days out, so I figured I'd let them come do an estimate. They sent multiple texts to confirm the appointment. After I walked the provider through what I needded, he went back to the truck to do some estimation. The bundle pricing quotes were unacceptable for the work I needed, especially compared to hourly rates from other excellent providers. For example, they quoted a package charge for replacing 20 switches when we just needed 1 replaced and 1 rewired, and their ceiling fan replacement quote was twice the highest pre-discount price found elsewhere on Angi. They presented the quotes in an iPad app that's nearly identical to what car dealer finance managers use for extended warranties, clearcoat, etc. As soon as I saw that, I knew they what they were up to. I paid the $59 visit fee and will go back to the place I've given 5 stars to in the past.

Description of Work
A few switches, a ceiling fan, plus returning power to detached garage.

Work Completed On 04/13/2021

We are so sorry you were unhappy with our service. This is surely not how we want our customers to feel. We always strive for a [Member Information Removed]-star rating. I would like to have the opportunity to have a Service Manager call you to discuss your visit in more detail. If you could please message with the best number to contact you or give us a call at 703.367.0900. We look forward to speaking with you so we can make things right! - Beacon Home Services

03/11/2021

Anthony D.

Everyone I talked with from the receptionists, dispatch, and crew was friendly and professional. The communication was excellent. They even called me to let me know the crew was going to be late because he stopped for gas!! Wow! When Zach and Joey arrived they were very careful to mind our safety and cleanliness. They were knowledgeable and talked us through all of our options and the work they performed. I would definently work with them again. From my first experience with Beacon, i definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Repair/Install Switches and Outlets

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Thanks so much for giving us your take on how we are doing. We're glad that customers like you are having a great experience at Beacon Home Services. We are happy you found us too!! - Beacon Home Services

03/05/2021

mary A.

The service was very good. The provider was on time and professional. I was pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Installed 4 under the counter lights, replaced a ceiling light fixture

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

01/26/2021

Conrad A.

Very profession. Craig, our electrician for the job was great. He kept me informed throughout the whole process and even helped me out with a few things I was doing. Quality of the work was superb and service was top notch.

Description of Work
Outlet grounding and light switch replacements

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

01/22/2021

Michael W.

I had Beacon come to my house to do an estimate on one issue involving a breaker I thought was bad and the electrician refused to work on my old panel due to safety issues. I appreciate this response and then asked how much to replace the panel, including permits, power shut down and Fairfax County inspection when work is done. for a 200 amp (why not 150, since that is what I have currently) with a very vague estimate was for 4900 dollars. I had no idea if this was a high price or not, so I sought several more estimates, using photos and the Beacon estimate forwarded to all other companies I wanted to get an estimate from for the job. The end result was of the four other companies I received detailed, itemized estimates for, the highest received was for just over 3000 dollars - almost 2000 dollars less than the Beacon estimate. Of all the estimates I received, the Beacon estimate was the least specific. Beacon (Tiffany) contacted me today regarding the estimate and I told her how high the Beacon estimate was, which she advised would be passed to a supervisor for review. I found this strange as they either do not conduct realistic estimates or are trying to screw me for too much money. This type of sky high estimate does not make me happy and I am doubtful about Beacon as an honest company. 4900 dollars for a panel replacement? I could find zero panel replacements in this area for that about, or even close. Sorry Beacon but you need to do better, write an estimate that is more itemized, and get your price down. I know these panel upgrades can lead to hidden costs for the customer, but 4900 dollars is rape.

Description of Work
Full panel replacement for 150 amp breaker panel

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

I am sorry you are unhappy this is surely not how we want our customers to feel. I would like to have the opportunity to have a Service Manager to call you to discuss your visit in more detail if you could please message with the best number to contact you!

01/21/2021

Greg A.

The work went fine. I wasn't happy because they were unable to give me an estimate. I wasn't given an analysis or a range of what it could cost until they started on the work. The technicians explained everything well and I'm happy with the work.

Description of Work
I replaced the wall switch box that was cracked and improperly installed. I lost track of the wires and could not figure out what goes where. I needed help with this.

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

12/24/2020

Hunt H.

All three jobs went very well. Technician was fully competent, had all supplies needed, and worked expeditiously. He explained all aspects of the work, responding to my questions promptly and politely. Clean up was complete. As the meter box had to be replaced, Beacon Electric arranged for Dominion Power to turn of and then back on the power feed from the street. The also arranged for the County Inspection to be carried out.

Description of Work
Replace electric meter box, replace main circuit breaker panel, and install new circuit in one room.

Work Completed On 12/24/2020

[Member Name Removed], we appreciate your business and value your feedback. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know! - Beacon Home Services

12/11/2020

Caroline M.

David R was super responsive and professional. His concern for health safety, mask on when approaching the house, and cleanliness, put shoe covers on before entering, were very much appreciated. Very tolerant of annoying barking dogs. Will keep his card handy for future needs.

Description of Work
Outlets replaced

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

Thank you for your very kind feedback! I am pleased to hear that our service exceeded your expectations and we look forward to providing the same level of service at your future appointments! Feel free to call for your plumbing and electrical needs! - Beacon Home Services

DEREJE L.

They were honest. The workmanship was good. They were professional.

Description of Work
They did electrical inspection. They updated the circuit breaker.

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Danuta B.

They did a really good job, they explained everything to me, professional and friendly, on time, they followed protocol and they were clean.

Description of Work
They put headlights over the ceiling, book case install a new electrical outlets in entry halls.

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

Janet H.

I cannot say enough good things about the service I received from Beacon Electrical Services. From the first phone call to the quick scheduling to the prompt and courteous service, to the excellence of the work completed by Will, Andre and Wes, I am just thrilled. They took the time to explain my options and help narrow down what could be done today within my budget. I also have a better idea of the cost of future projects. I will definitely call Beacon in the future. Also, the work areas were spotless when they left. All three wore masks the entire time they were in my house. Just impeccable service!

Description of Work
Electrical box surge protectors, 4 light installation, 4 outlet installation, outlet replacements and removal of old wiring.

Category appliance repair, electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 11/19/2020