Aits Septic Service Inc

Founded 1963 • With Angi since May 2010

6503 Shamrock Rd

Manassas, VA 20112

The policy of AITS Septic Service Inc., family owned since 1963, is to comply with the highest standards of business ethics. This imposes on AITS employees a higher standard of ethical conduct than mere compliance with the law. In all of their dealings with others, AITS employees must exercise the

11/27/2021

Diane N.

The license for this company expired in 2019. We used this company multiple times prior to this year (2021). Another company bought Aits and is still using the Aits name on mailings and trucks. We learned this information after they arrived on site. Consider contacting the State of Virginia Department of Health for a list of approved haulers.

Description of Work
septic pump

03/08/2019

Don S.

Rick is the owner/operator. He gets back to you quickly and sets up a time to visit. He shows up on schedule. He is slow and methodical in diagnosing the problem. He wants to make sure your system is not only working, but operating within code for your county. My repairs took several visits by him and an electrician, and we ended up replacing both pumps. The county inspector just left my house and gave us the permit. Rick is honest about the problems and his pricing his fair and reasonable. After this experience I will continue using him for my septic system.

Description of Work
The High Level alarm was going off; system was throwing the circuit breaker.

03/01/2019

Don S.

After reading multiple great reviews about Aits, I called the owner, Rick, and he arranged to come out and meet with me on my schedule. He did a thorough job of evaluating the problem and gave me a good estimate...which he stayed with. Of course, these things are never just one thing. Rick found several other issues, told me the ones he recommended fixing, and those that could wait. He went to the county and got the history. He had to replace pumps, and did not upsell, but rather advised me on some medium sized pumps that would do the job, last a long time, and save me money. I will go back to Rick whenever I have septic issues in the future, and recommend him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Septic pumps replaced; rewire power from house to tank

11/30/2018

Gary H.

We had half of our septic system back up. John Abbott came out and quickly diagnosed the problem as a clogged distribution box. Another company had advised that we’d need to use the repair area to install an entirely new leachfield. John and his crew promptly installed new distribution boxes, cleaned out distribution pipes, got the project inspected by the county health department, and refilled and put down sod where the distribution boxes were located. Prompt, personable, knowledgeable, great crew and, importantly, a very fair price for the work done. I would highly recommend John and Aits Septic.

Description of Work
Diagnose septic system backup; remove and replace two septic field distribution boxes; clean debris from distribution pipes; reroute piping; check pipe leading to septic tank.

07/04/2017

Sandra R.

The project was well planned and executed. The price was reasonable for the work performed. Most importantly, Rick was very conscientious about the quality of his work. I have one issue with his subcontractor, Powell Plumbing. The refused to honor my Angies List coupon.

Description of Work
Replaced septic pump and floats.

06/05/2017

Michael P.

Went fine, but took awhile. Truck lacked power given the long distance between driveway and septic tank

Description of Work
Septic Tank Pump out

04/17/2017

David D.

Great folks to deal with. Good communication, and the individual who showed up was punctual and knowledgeable about the system; we've never had well & septic before and appreciated the education. After removing the septic lid, we were shown the filters (pictures) we should hose off once a year to prolong the life of the system. It's easy, but again we had no idea what was down there.

Description of Work
Pumped out septic system, cleaned filters and reset timer to pump system more often.

09/19/2016

Paul & Christine C.

It went extremely well. I've used several other companies in the past, but Aits was by far the best. I especially liked that they used a hose to wash the inside of the tank as they finished pumping, done to ensure that all sludge was removed. No other company has done that extra step.

Description of Work
Septic tank pumping

08/06/2016

Stewart O.

Perfect - I have used Aits Septic Service, Inc (Penny Aits) since 1996 for regular service. She has done an excellent job every time, giving good feedback on the condition of the system and replacing the truff over the tank lid.

Description of Work
Septic System service.

12/21/2015

JUDY R.

Diane arrived on time on the date promised. She is an extremely competent and fast worker. Pointed out the items in the tank that should not have been flushed. The last person to pump our tank wanted to add about $600 of unnecessary repairs so I really appreciated the no-pressure, get the job done attitude. Nobody likes to think about septic systems but if you have to Penny Aits is the place to go!

Description of Work
Pumped a 1500 gallon Septic tank

11/01/2015

Matthew S.

Great! They were on time and cleaned the system.

Description of Work
Cleaned the septic system and provided advice

07/18/2015

James A.

Service person arrived on time and finished task in a reasonable amount of time. Good experience overall. Only comment to make is I wish she had taken care to preserve the sod above the hole she dug. When the job was done, we were left with a mound of dirt that could/should have been covered with the preserved sod. At least, that's what previous contractors had done.

Description of Work
Pumped out septic tank.

06/18/2015

Chris H.

Scheduled the service a couple of months in advance. Driver showed up as scheduled and pumped tank as expected and was very friendly. Will definitely call upon again.

Description of Work
Pumped Septic Tank

05/05/2015

Frank K.

Was very professional and knowledgeable and took the extra time to explain and answer all my questions as I have never had a septic system. It was very enlightening and a good service experience. Also took the time to explain the county forms and regulations.

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected septic tank

04/29/2015

Betty H.

CANCELED FIRST APPNT. DUE TO RAIN COMING FOR SEV. DAYS, @ WHICH TIME "PENNY"STATED "SHE DID NOT HAVE APPNT. BOOK IN FRONT OF HER" BUT IF I CANCELLED IT WOULD DELAY THEM SINCE SPRING WAS BUSY. DID NOT OFFER TO GIVE ANOTHER DAY TILL I REQ'D ANOTHER DAY. DAY OF AM ARRIVAL---NO ARRIVAL, NO CALL. ( she admitted she should have called us in the am !) WHEN I CALLED TO ASK THEIR PLANS/CONFIRMATION OF COMING, PENNY STARTED IN USING A VERY LOUD VOICE, NEVER ADMITTING THEY WOULD DEF. COME AS PROMISED, AND WHEN I STATED JOINING ANGIES LIST WAS TO AVOID ALL THIS HASSLE, NO APPEARANCES, WASTE OF DAY OFF FROM WORK, USING LOUDER, MORE AGRESSIVE TONE SHE MENTIONED SHE HAD NO CONTROL OVER THEIR BROKEN DOWN TRUCKS, ETC. SHE KEPT ON, EVEN ASKING IF WE STILL WANTED THEM TO COME. WHEN I STATED ABOSOLUTELY SINCE SHE HAD PROMISED AND I HAD MADE THE EFFORT TO USE THEIR SCHEDULE TO MAKE APPNT. TO THEIR CONVENIENCE, SHE ALMOST YELLED SHE WAS REPORTING MEEE TO ANGIES LIST. THAT DID IT. THEIR DRIVER ARRIVED ABOUT 90 MIN. LATER UNANNOUNCED ONLY TO MAKE 2 TRIPS TO BACK LOT TO "MEASURE" THEN ASKED WHERE HE COULD BRING TUBING FROM TRUCK, WE SAID " ANYWHERE, IT'S NO PROBLEM". HE GOES BACK TO TRUCK, NEVER BROUGHT PIPE DOWN TO PUMP, THEN RANG DOORBELL TO SAY, IT WOULD BE ADDITIONAL $168 FOR DIGGING DOWN 27 INCHES OF A 13"X13" SQUARE FOR THE "TANK TOP". VERY NICE GUY, BUT VERY OBVIOUS THEY HAD A BACK UP LIST OF CUSTOMERS AND THIS "EXTRA"DIGGING WOULD TAKE TIME AND THEIR "ONLINE LOWER FEE" WAS NOT WORTH IT. HE SUGGESTED WE "GET A TEENAGER TO DIG FOR 2O BUCKS" AND HE WOULD COME BACK. AAALLL THIS AS A FIRST AND NEW CUSTOMER OF ANGIES WAS NOT GOOD SIGN. MY HUSBAND REMEMBERED A SEPTIC TRUCK IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, CALLED THEM (FIVE STAR) AND THEY IMMED. SAID SURE THEY WOULD COME AND THERE IS NO FEE FOR "EXTRA DIGGING." I PLAN ON CANCELLING MY CONTRACT W/ ANGIES.

Description of Work
VERY VERY NEG/RUDE RECEPTIONIST ON BOTH OCCASIONS THEY CAME LATE, THEN INFORM US IT IS $168 FOR EXTRA DIGGING THAT WAS NEVER MENTIONED IN THEIR ONLINE INFO.

Category excavators, plumbing, septic tank

The member canceled first appointment. (removed member name) very rude and not very understanding of unforeseen circumstances. I apologized for the inconvenience.

04/14/2015

Thomas F.

Aits and the service technician have restored my faith in the fact that there are honest and ethical business people. Once he got the cap removed we discovered a "spiders web" of roots that virtually sealed the entry to the tank. My heart sank and I could see a giant price tag coming to repair. Much to my utter amazement, the technician calmed me down and began to explain what we were looking at. I asked him what I should do and once again, to my complete amazement, he suggested a very simple, low cost, self fix. He told me about a certain chemical that works wonders on keeping the roots from continuing to find a home in my septic tank, and suggested that while he was performing his service, I could run to the hardware store, get a container of it, and he would wait until my return to apply it and re-bury the cap. I raced to the store, got the product he suggested, and by the time I returned, he was sitting in the cab of his truck doing paperwork. After confirming I had the correct product, he applied it, refilled the hole, all the while telling me not to get too excited, he had seen much worse and he had inspected the inside of the tank and he found it intact. I am simply thrilled with the service I received from Aits.

Description of Work
The very professional technician arrived at the agreed upon time and spent the entire hour or so, explaining in lay men's terms, exactly what he was about to do. In short order he had dug the hole to reach one of the trap doors, and proceeded to quickly and efficiently drain my septic tank.

Category excavators, plumbing, septic tank

03/31/2015

Patricia P.

DID A VERY PROFESSIONAL JOB. HAVE LARGE BRONZE STATUE ON SEPTIC COVER AND THEY REMOVED STATUE AND NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE

Description of Work
PUMP SEPTIC TANK

03/24/2015

Gunjan D.

Everything went smoothly. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Pumped septic tank and provided a detailed analysis of everything. Checked both tanks to ensure everything was working and not issues existed.

02/11/2015

sheree J.

Everything went fine though it was a little hard getting them to come. They came after three weeks and did the work.

Description of Work
They inspected my septic tank and worked on it.

01/15/2015

Michael H.

They were very personable, responsive, and they did a good job.

Description of Work
I have used Aits Septic Service Inc. They cleaned the septic tank.

Category septic tank

I appreciate your review and thank you for your business and positive word of mouth. Penny Aits

12/30/2014

Jennifer G.

last company made a HUGE spot in our yard, they made very little mess at all! Well done! Easy to contact and easy to make arrangements to get the job done!

Description of Work
pumped septic tank, cleaned up yard

12/26/2014

Patricia J.

They were fine. It took a while to get scheduled, but once we were on their schedule, they came out on time. They were at our home for 2-3 hours.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for $230 for a septic tank cleaning. We paid an additional fee since ours was buried deep.

11/20/2014

Erik H.

Aits didn't respond at all to my emails sent through their website, but they promptly responded to emails sent through Angie's List. Once I got in touch with them, Penny scheduled an appointment and offered an hour-ahead call at work, so that I would know when to leave the office. The technician was on-time, courteous, and cleaned our tank promptly. She even applied the Angie's List coupon discount before I asked her about it. I'm very happy with Aits and the service they provided.

Description of Work
Aits provided septic tank cleaning service for us

11/08/2014

James W.

On time, on budget, no fuss, no bother.

Description of Work
Pumped and cleaned my septic tank as per county regulations, which require this be done every five years.

10/31/2014

Joe D.

They did the job great. The man went out of his way to try to get a problem fixed that really wasn't part of the service. We finally had to call a plumber. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They pumped the septic tank.

The Pipe Doctor Plumbing Service

We are a family business that is locally owned and operated. We are able to handle the smallest of jobs to the largest of jobs. Leaking faucets to main sewer and water line excavation. We are a small family owned business which allows us to send you a master plumber on every service call at a price much lower than the large plumbing companies. Top quality work at a fair price. We proudly service all of northern and central virginia including Fairfax, Springfield, Arlington, Loudoun county, Woodbridge, Manassas, Stafford, Fredericksburg Additional phone number: 540-424-9497

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Able Plumbing Inc

Specializing in residential and commercial plumbing installs, services, and repairs of all kinds! Drain cleaning, water heaters, wells, pumps, gas leak repairs, and more! AWARD WINNING! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Chandler's Plumbing and Heating Co Inc

Family owned and operated business servicing all residential properties in Northern Virginia. Recent winner of the National Business Ethics Award for 2015. Rated #1 in Washingtonian Magazine and Arlington Magazine.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Septic tank cleaning, sewage handling, grease trap.