Airflow Service Co

Founded 2003 • With Angi since March 2012

Airflow service company is a different kind of "home service company", with more than 50 years of experience in the heating & air conditioning trade. we believe in quality products and quality workmanship, we stand behind every job with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime workmanship warranty on new equipment installations. we love trying to save our customers money with energy saving ideas and take a special interest in living green, to save the environment on a day to day basis. Additional phone number - (703) 430-6336....

HVAC Companies (63)water heaters (11)fireplace services (10)gas fireplace repair (4)generator service (1)appliance repair (4)chimney repair (1)

11/05/2021

Boris F.

Excellent service: reasonable cost, prompt and easy scheduling, advanced notification of the technician's arrival, effective and efficient service resulting in the operational fireplace (that did not ignite prior to the service); all relevant explanations and instructions provided verbally and/or in writing!

Description of Work
Fireplace service

Cost $157.5

Work Completed On 11/05/2021

12/09/2020

Lucy L.

Came on time and did a great job cleaning up the gas fireplace. The problem was the dist and forgot turn on the gas. Everything was fixed at the end. Great job and would recommend it.

Description of Work
The fireplace doesn't ignite

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

11/09/2020

Dana R.

Excellent job, Sabastian cleaned and set up 2 gas fireplaces, explained everything and did a great job.

Description of Work
Start up 2 gas fireplaces

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

Thank you for the review.

10/20/2020

Mike K.

We have had a service contract with Airflow for well over a decade. They are responsive, competent and have great customer service.

Description of Work
Service Gas Appliances

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We look forward to many more years.

06/12/2020

Laura C.

Amazing. Called and Beth, the person who answered the phone, found a technician and dispatched him. Bill Davis was the technician and he went above and beyond in his service. Found the problem; attempted to remedy with minor work and when that didn't work he figured out why, got the part, provided a quote and within the hour had the item replaced; water heater working and all for a reasonable price. Actually, it cost less for Airflow to repair my water heater than the service charge another company was going to charge me just to come out. I'll use Airflow for all my HVAC and water heater needs. Oh, and all this service with a smile and professionalism. Everyone went above and beyond especially during this Pandemic and a Friday to boot.

Description of Work
Water heater pilot light went out.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

08/15/2019

Peggy D.

Great service! The tech explained the repair needed and gave us a couple of options. They came out when they said they would and had the repairs done in a couple of hours. We’ll definitely use them for any future work. Thanks Bill!

Description of Work
Replaced furnace

05/25/2019

Agnes H.

I have been using Airflow for the last 10 years since they installed my replacement HVAC system. They notify me 20-30 minutes before they arrive that they are on the way. They are almost always on time. Their work is professional and efficient and they are friendly and polite. They do the work they are supposed to do. Then they let me know what they did, whether they found any problems, recommendations (if any), and show me a softcopy of a detailed bill. They take my credit card for payment on the spot and email me a receipt. I have an annual service contract with them that gives me a discount on any replacement parts and labor and I am always at the head (or near the top) of the list when I call.

Description of Work
Biannual HVAC, Gas Fireplace, & Water Heater Maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, fireplaces, gas logs

Work Completed On 04/30/2019

12/20/2018

Lynn C.

Hot water heater pilot went out. The way my system works, not hot water then no heat. Airflow were able to come to my home within a couple of hours. They were able to get it started again, but knowing it could go out again, I decided to go ahead and get a new hot water heater. They were able to get it within a day and install it. Since I bought the older hot water heater 13 years ago from someone else, I have had to have the pilot assembly replaced twice.

Description of Work
New hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/11/2018

09/21/2018

JOHN U.

We had an excellent experience from the quote stage through the installation of the units.

Description of Work
Replace both furnaces and air conditioners.

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

06/08/2018

Michael K.

Technician was very thorough, courteous and arrived on time. Gave me a good debrief on the state of my system. I have an annual contract with Airflow for these services - good value for money!

Description of Work
Semi-Annual Checkups

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, gas logs

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

06/07/2018

Stephen T Y.

The AirFlow team exceeded expectations ! In and out under 3 hours !

Description of Work
reinsulate HVAC duct in attic

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

03/13/2018

Adela W.

Again issues with the humidifier has not been working this season, but was so frustrated did not want to deal with your company. Finally called another company out found out the work you had done wiring all wrong and that manufactures recommendations were NOT followed when installed which has significantly reduced the performance of my unit. Spoke with Aprilaire who confirmed what other repairman stayed. I called your office yesterday as usual no response back. Beware when using this company !!! Even the owner came out and did NOT notice that the unit per manufacturer directions should be installed to the HOT water not the COLD. Could that have been the issue last year with reduced performance ???

Description of Work
Originally installed whole house humidifier and repaired when not performing well

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

12/13/2017

cynthia M.

Terrific install and customer service by Andy and his staff.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace installed.

Category gas logs

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

12/12/2017

Martha M.

The guys even came in on Saturday to make it more convenient for me. They were super nice and professional. Also the best deal around.

Description of Work
HVAC replacement

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

10/17/2017

Joyce K.

Andy, the owner, arrived when he said he would and gave me an estimate. I had 3 other estimates and went with Airflow based on the price and the unit efficiency. The day of the replacement, the technicians arrived by 8am, removed the old system. They found damage to the shelf that the system would sit on and replaced that as well. They worked efficiently and steadily throughout the day and were complete by early afternoon. It was a sweltering July afternoon, and I was very happy to get the new system, which replaced the 20+ year old unit that was the original unit in the condo. The system that was replaced was still functioning, but was beginning to have issues, so I replaced it before it was completely necessary.

Description of Work
Replace my HVAC/Heatpump

Work Completed On 07/23/2014

10/04/2017

James M.

The service went great. The technician was quick and thorough. I had to pay for additional freon to be added to our A/C system that was not covered under the service agreement through Angie's List, but it was needed. The technician also tightened a valve that was supposedly causing the freon leak. Very happy with the service. I would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Had the service conduct an air conditioner check up.

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

08/03/2017

Mary B.

Andy and his men did a great job in every way. I received a very detailed estimate and contract which was fulfilled as stated. I was concerned that the unit was smaller than what I had before, but the new system seems to work well. The men were courteous and tidy and obviously know their trade. When I called about a concern, they responded promptly and helped resolve the issue. Not only was I pleased with the installation, but the service contract seems better than many others around. Definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
I had a new furnace, air conditioner, and humidifier installed.

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

06/19/2017

Frank T.

Very well. Andy gave me an estimate to replace my nearly 30-year-old HVAC. His was the third estimate I got and the best by far in my opinion, both in terms of attention to detail and price. Chris, the chief installer, was similarly excellent. My townhouse has a very small utility room, so Chris had to move the hot water heater so there would be enough room for the humidifier, plus come up with the duct configuration that would fit my house's weird duct work. It was a lot of tedious work getting it installed, and Chris and Sebastian did a great job. Again, I can't stress enough how Chris's attention to detail and his clear dedication to his work made this experience an excellent one. I wholeheartedly recommend 4 Service Pros for any HVAC work you need done.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC unit, installed new fully communicating a/c & furnace w/ dual zones, along with a humidifier and air cleaner. Andy worked with me to give me all the different options available, didn't try to upsell me at all. I decided to go with one of the most expensive options, which is why the service cost might seem high -- the price 4 Service Pros quoted me that matched the other estimates was around $2k lower than the next lowest.

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

05/08/2017

Pandor H.

Great people to work with, very responsive thus far.

Description of Work
Repair and Maintenance Agreement, Hot Water Heater Installation.

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

12/30/2016

Patti B.

The cleaning itself went quickly because the system wasn't that dirty however the arrived about 45 minutes late, and didn't clean one obviously dirty vent on the wall. Also they should invest in getting video cameras for the customers to keep for the price they are charging.

Description of Work
Clean air ducts and dryer vent

Work Completed On 11/24/2016

11/16/2016

Julie B.

Airflow gave me a good all-in price, which included the required expansion tank and any necessary plumbing. Another contractor increased their price after showing up for the install. I sent them home and called Airflow instead. Airflow fit me into their very busy Friday so that I would have hot water over the weekend. They showed up when they said they would and installed it very quickly with no issues.

Description of Work
Replaced 50 gallon electric water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/07/2016

11/11/2016

Paul D.

Contractors went above and beyond in their explanation of various options and the pros and cons so that I could make the most informed decision. Communication was excellent and the service began and concluded on schedule.

Description of Work
Heat pump and attic air handler replacement.

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

11/10/2016

Hyo H.

Mr. Neighoff was very professional, knowledgeable. He arrived within promised time frame and checked/performed to make sure my furnace working properly, including gas leak around gas pipes.

Description of Work
Furnace Tune-up