Air-Right Energy Design Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2005

12167 Livingston Rd

Manassas, VA 20109

Air-Right has been serving the heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing needs for homes and businesses throughout the Northern Virginia area since 1994. We have built our business and reputation on honesty, integrity and value. Our customers satisfaction is our top priority. We offer the

09/23/2017

Mary Jo C.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for giving our technicians an 'A' for their service! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to helping you again in the future! Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

03/11/2017

Douglas D.

Gary and Brandon installed a 50 gallon Marathon Water Heater in our home today. From the moment we shook hands, I knew I had hired the right folks. I installed my last water heater myself in 2003 and knew I was nearing the end of its service life. I would rather replace it on my terms, vice an emergency situation. Gary and Brandon arrived on time and immediately got to work. I watched the entire process (seeing how professionals do it) and was pleased with their work. They answered every question if had, from functionality to warranty, and he further answered other questions. Specifically, another plumbing company completed a plumbing inspection in my home suggesting a new water heater ($3500.00) and other things that would be "nice" but not required. I could have spend $8900.00 to replace items in my home that was built in 1985. These were things that were not needed. I received numerous bids for replacing the water heater, as I wanted something that would pass all local codes. Fortunately, our electrical co-op has a contract with this company, and based on their recommendation, I called them. What a great recommendation! We have a better water heater at half the price of the other company. I appreciated their cleanliness, their work performance, and the quality of the installation. Moreover, I appreciated their honesty. I would HIGHLY recommend this company for plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Replacement Water Heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments! We're delighted that our technicians Brandon & Gary provided the quality service you deserve! They appreciate hearing these compliments as well! We truly are thankful for great customers like yourself! Any recommendations from you will be gladly received! Thank you again for the wonderful compliments! Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

10/04/2016

Amber W.

It was very good.

Description of Work
AC repair. Replaced part

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much! We'er happy that we were able to fix your issue. We look forward to helping you with any of your HVAC issues. Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

06/23/2016

Andy R.

Category plumbing

06/14/2016

Roy C.

They're the best. We don't trust anybody else to touch our stuff.

Description of Work
They're downstairs right now installing my new A/C unit.

06/14/2016

Roy C.

They get As across the board on every account. They're the best. They're associated with our electric company. So, they really are the only people I would ever trust with stuff like this.

Description of Work
It was just to clean out the grill outside to make it not be inefficient.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much! We certainly enjoy having customers like you! Thank you for always choosing Air-Right Energy! We'll see you in a couple months for your Spring Maintenance!

02/23/2016

Cindy M.

The check-up went well. The technician was friendly and knowledgeable. All of our interactions with Air Right to date have been pleasant, professional and timely. I definitely recommend this company to others in need of HVAC services, air conditioning services or heating services. This group takes professionalism seriously.

Description of Work
This was our fall check up of our newly purchased heating and cooling system. Our technician checked all parts, areas and performance of the system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you! We truly appreciate the wonderful review & having your family as our valued customer! Knowing that our technicians continuously provide outstanding customer service makes us very proud. Thank you for sharing! We look forward to many more years as your HVAC service provider.

01/04/2016

irwin L.

We've been using Air-Right for years to annually service our residential HVAC system. We also used them to replace a failed heat pump and air handler. Prices are always competitive, service is prompt and professional. During this last visit they replaced our 13-year-old gas hot water heater, installing an expansion tank and floor pan to bring it up to code. We will continue to engage with and recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you! We appreciated you being such a great customer! We're so glad we were able to get your home comfortable and keep your family happy. We look forward to many more years of service together. Sincerely~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

06/01/2015

John K.

It went surprisingly well. The technician confirmed there was no real problem and said that what I was experiencing was normal HVAC operation. He also checked the to see that the refrigerant levels were OK.

Description of Work
Technician checked if my HVAC problem was caused by the HVAC, the load management device, or my house electrical service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review! Great news that we were able to help you during those chilly days in March! Our technicians are the best and Mike is outstanding! We'll make sure he knows that his customer service received a compliment. Please call us for any future HVAC issues! Thank you again! Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

05/09/2015

Mason H.

Professional, punctual, courteous.

Description of Work
New heat pump.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you we truly appreciate the compliments! We strive everyday to provide outstanding service to customers like yourself everyday! Thank you for letting us know we did a great job! We look forward to being your HVAC company for all you home comfort needs. Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

04/14/2015

Mary M.

On time, reasonable, professional. These are good guys.

Description of Work
We had our regular seasonal checkup for our a/c unit. We've used Air-Right for over a decade for electrical, plumbing and hvac. They are always on-time, knowledgeable, and professional. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you for the kind words!!! It means so much to us. We strive everyday to provide outstanding customer service and we're thrilled when our customers tell others how we've done! We really appreciate the feedback! Thank you for making Air-Right your HVAC company! Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

02/16/2015

victor O.

They are a customer friendly havac provider. They arrive on time and complete service as requested.

Description of Work
System maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much! We appreciate your kind words and recommendation! Our goal is always to provide our customers with oustanding customer service! We're glad to see that's exactly what we've done. We enjoy being your HVAC company now & for the many years to come! Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

01/27/2015

Ann Marie P.

The work is good. The workers are always professional. The are always prompt. I would recommend them to a friend and tell them that I feel confident in them.

Description of Work
They come out twice a year for a maintenance check on our a/c unit and our furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [name removed]! We appreciate you as a loyal customer and value your opinion! Our technician's are the best in the business and are trained to provide the highest quality service available ~ and you deserve the best! See you soon for the Spring Maintenance call! Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

10/15/2014

Mary Jo C.

Description of Work
I have been using Air-Right Energy Design for at least 10 years - in my current and former homes. If you are looking for an HVAC company that treats customers right and will not sell you items you don't need - the Air-Right is the company. All their personnel are professional and courteous and they clean up after their work is completed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! Air-Right's goal every day is to provide quality and affordable products that are the most efficient for each customer. It's great to hear that our technician is taking care of our customers the right way. We appreciate the last 10 years of loyalty and look forward to helping you out with any future issues. Sincerely - Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

10/08/2014

Linda F.

Description of Work
I had a service contract with the company. They serviced my heating/cooling unit, installed two ceiling fans and insulated my attic. They always arrived on time, completed the job in a timely manner, left my home clean and the employees were courteous. | |I had to go with another contractor when I purchased a new heating system through Costco. To keep my warranty, I have to use the company that installed the system.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, ceiling fans

It has been our sincere pleasure having you as our client over the last couple years. It's unfortunate that we won't be maintaining your HVAC system any longer. However, we are always here for any electrical or plumbing issue you may have! We appreciate your business and kind words of praise! Sincerely~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

10/07/2014

Betsy M.

Description of Work
Professional and knowledgable

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review! Our company strives to provide the best customer service to each customer. It's great to hear our technician was courteous and professional. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you with any future home comfort needs. Sincerely~ Air-right Energy Design Inc.

08/11/2014

mark P.

A/C stopped on Wednesday I called Wednesday and set appt for Thursday. They showed up on time. I was able to observe and Mike answered all my questions and concerns. Bad capacitor on fan motor was replaced. No sales pitch and No hidden fee's. Will continue to do business with them in the future. A++

Description of Work
The A/C blower stopped working. they came out the next day and replaced the capacitor and now we are back to cool air

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate working with clients like yourself. It's great to hear that Mike was able to answer all your questions and provide the quality work and professionalism that you deserve! He is one of our best technician's who strives to provide our customers outstanding service every time. Thank you for being a loyal customer. Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

06/03/2014

dan F.

Stood me up! Just didn't show. I called three times and still didn't show up. The repairman assigned my case was totally unresponsive and probably went home to enjoy his weekend. The person receiving my last call was just going home but instead came to my rescue and did the repair.

Description of Work
Repaired something in the tank.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

In response to the Angie's List review on May 23, 2014. We contacted the homeowner by phone to explain what happened on this day and why we could not respond as quickly as normal. There was a manufacturers issue with a new HVAC system install which prevented us from calling right away. After we explained this to the homeowner who wrote this unhappy review, he thanked me for calling to explain the situation. Unfortunately some things happen beyond our control. We are happy our on call technician followed up and took care of the issue for the homeowner the same day. Sincerely, Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

10/31/2013

Elaine P.

Air-Right Energy Design Inc. was a Godsend when FH Furr left our family without AC for days during a 100 degree index heat wave while waiting for two allegedly hard-to-find parts. Andrew from Air-right came out promptly the same day I called. He was very knowledgeable, analyzed the system, and said the only problem was a worn solder connection -- which he bypassed and had the system up and cooling in about 15 minutes! He checked the fan and said that there is nothing wrong with it; it did not need to be replaced. He then went down the street from his office to easily get the one piece that he needed and returned and replaced it. The total was only $395 - as compared to the $1,500 FH Furr wanted with a strong recommendation to replace the whole furnace. (I had used FH Furr for over 10 years, and had called them first, but their tech said there were major two parts needed and that there was nothing they could do until the parts came in – my kids were going to be without air conditioning for about a week in the heat.) Air-Right proved them wrong. The difference was night and day. I would definitely recommend Air-Right.

Description of Work
Our air conditioning system died right before a heat wave. Andrew from Air Right came out promptly, quickly analyzed the problem, bypassed a bad connection in our furnace, and had it up and cooling within about 15 minutes! He easily found the one part he needed to replace locally and came back promptly and replaced it. The AC works just fine now.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We wanted to extend our appreciation for taking the time to write this great review. Air-Right strives to provide every customer with quality work and trains our technicians to quickly and accurately identify the most efficient solution for each customer. It's nice to know that we were able to keep your family cool in the hot summer and identify an issue that could have been very serious. Thank you again for the kind review! As always we look forward to helping you with any future home comfort needs. Sincerely - Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

08/14/2012

Matthew F.

Description of Work
These charlatans came to service my AC at the behest of NOVEC. They removed the load management switch and replaced the contactor for the second time in 6 weeks. The contactor they used was SO cheap that it failed in less than 12 hours. I had to call another service provider to come out and replace it again. Meanwhile they told me that the components were "burnt" and that I would be best served to replace everything (to the tune of $10k+). This sounded fishy to me so I asked for a more detailed explanation. The technician got snotty with me and told me "fine! Just wait for it to fail! I don't care!". I will not waste my time with these people again! You shouldn't either!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], We apologize for such a late response to your review. After reviewing the history of your service calls, this technician had come to your home before. One of your comments to us was, to send him back since he had done a good job on previous visits. We certainly apologize for his demeanor on the last service call and have addressed this incident already with him. Our intent is to provide customers with explanations of repairs and help in any way we can, to understand the reasons for the recommendations. Customer input is very important to us. Even though problems occur, it is important we know about them to make necessary corrections. Thank you for your input and be assured your concerns have been addressed. Sincerely, Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

06/09/2011

Jason H.

A/C stopped cooling. House temperature went up. Called NOVEC because of a deal they have for free diagnostic if you have an energy monitor on your furnace. NOVEC has a relationship with Air Right and dispatched them to come out. The repair was quick and inexpensive. This happened twice in a 12 year period. They showed up on time, explained the problem and it did not take long to fix. Maybe an hour. I have not had to have extensive repairs so far.

Description of Work
This company came out to replace a part in my air conditioner twice in the 12 years I have lived in the home. The part and labor was very inexpensive. I never spent more than $125 each time. I have not had to have extensive repairs done by this company yet.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We wanted to reach out and say "Thank You " for the great review! We are happy to hear that your HVAC unit is working well. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you with any future home comfort needs. Sincerely~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

12/18/2008

David D.

This was the best experience I have had in a long time with a vendor. Rick worked with us until we had a deal both parties could live with. He helped his crew do the install and was obviously very concerned that we were satisfied with the purchase. I am abandoning my previous vendors to move my future business to Air-Right. NOTE: I am generally very critical of vendors. Unlike some people who rate for Angie's List, I rarely (never?) have given a perfect score. This work warranted a perfect score.

Description of Work
Company installed our new water heater.

Category water heater repair

"Thank You!" for such a generous review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are thankful that we were able to identify the most efficient unit for your home. We're very lucky to have a group of technicians that strive to provide exceptional customer service every day. Thank you for choosing Air-Right!! Sincerely~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

07/22/2008

DEBORAH C.

They did a great job. Our hot water heater was leaking. Once we decided to replace it they were able to come out and replace it the same day. They cleaned up everything. They charged us what they said they were going to charge us. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
They installed a new electric hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thank you for your feedback! We truly appreciate the compliments! Our goal is to provide customers with quality and affordable service that they deserve. Glad we were able to help! Sincerely~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

08/24/2005

THE COMPANY HAS BEEN MAINTAINING MY HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS FOR OVER THE PAST FIVE YEARS. I WILL ALWAYS USE THIS COMPANY. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE.

Description of Work
THE COMPANY DID ANNUAL MAINTENANCE.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review! We appreciate hearing from our loyal maintenance customers! Ongoing training and advanced technologies keep our technicians up to date and able to provide your family with the highest quality service possible. Thank you for your business! Sincerely ~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

08/17/2005

THE GUY THAT CAME OUT WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL, DID NOT TRY TO RIP ME OFF, GAVE ME INFORMATION ON WHERE I COULD BUY THINGS CHEAPER. I WOULD CALL THEM AGAIN AND RECOMMEND THEM.

Description of Work
PUT FREON IN AND CHECKED FLOOR REGISTERS, ADJUSTED DAMPERS ON LOWER LEVEL ROOM, FOUND A LITTLE MOLD DUE TO CONDENSATION AND ADDED 2 POUNDS OF FREON TO THE AIR CONDITIONER.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Our goal is to provide every customer with the quality and affordable service they deserve. We're happy to know that you were taken care of. We look forward to helping you with any future needs. Sincerely~ Air-Right Energy Design Inc.

Image Electric

We are an electrical contracting company located in Northern Virginia. We have been serving our customers for many years and are committed to providing the best service at an affordable rate. Whatever size project, large or small, we use our many years of experience to get the job done right the first time. We have always treated our customers as we would like to be treated. We arrive on time, make follow-up calls, cleanup work area. Our team of professional electricians are highly qualified with expertise that makes them the best electricians in the market. They have developed unmatched skills and offer nothing less than the best service. ​Our goal is to maintain a high standard of excellence, in quality of work, timely completion of projects, and customer satisfaction. When you work with Image Electric, you have the guarantee of working with the most reliable and professional team of electricians. We do all our work legally, with safety as our primary concern. We stand behind all our work.

CoreTrade Electric Company

As the owner of CoreTrade Electric Company, I have residential electrical experience since the 1980's. I'm a Master Electrician and have a Class A contractors license. I understand trouble shooting, remodeling, new construction, and customer service. When you call CoreTrade Electric, I will personally discuss your request with you.

Zagros Heating & Air-Conditioning LLC

Zagros HVAC LLC has been servicing Northern-Virginia for the past 15 years. We work with all Brands, we offer Free Estimates, and even have transferable Maintenance plans for your systems so you can rest easy, even in an emergency. We are firm believers in family values like "an Honest Day's Work" "Respect" "Dignity" and "Honesty" and our mission is to inspire these values through our workmanship one household at a time. Call or Write as we are only a few short clicks away. http://www.zagroshvac.com

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Air- Right provides quality service for customers electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning needs.