A & A Septic Repair Service, LLC

Founded 1963 • With Angi since May 2013

We have 40 years of experience in the field, servicing and installing all types of residential, commercial, and industrial septic systems. Our gratification always comes from getting jobs approved and satisfying our customers with a fully functioning septic system. We are licensed and bonded and

septic tank service (67)

08/04/2021

Garry S.

Rick treated my home like it was his personal home. He was professional, responsive, and completed the repair faster than I thought he could. I highly recommend him

Description of Work
Septic Wiring was broken

Work Completed On 07/16/2021

It was a pleasure doing business with you. The customer we serve because you are our number one asset!!

08/10/2020

Douglas D.

I can’t emphasize enough how complicated this project was, it was far more complicated than moving a couple of boxes and reconnecting them. The previous owner had paved over the top of both boxes making it impossible to service them without tearing up the driveway. Additionally the leach field was on the other side of the driveway which meant all of the header lines had to be ran underneath a driveway and be able to withstand the pressure of being driven over. All of this required several months of prep work and permitting from the county before we got started. The Project was started and took about 3 days to complete. I have to say that Rick and his crew were consummate professionals and absolutely know their trade. This was an expensive but necessary project. I have about 20 years experience in commercial construction and know very well that under a person with less expertise this project would have cost even more and would have been a disaster. It is my humble opinion that for the money you pay and the work that you get there is no better septic repair company in this area. Rick is absolutely the best at his field and is very fastidious with the quality of the work done and the cleanup of the job site afterwards. If you only want to do a repair once and do it right A &A septic repair is who you need to call bar none!

Description of Work
Move and reconnect Distribution and Surge Box on home septic system

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

07/02/2020

Matthew R.

Rick Aits not only answered my initial call at night; showed up the next morning before 8am and diagnosed my issues. My pumping station pump and parts were over 26 years old so Rick replaced everything including pump, check valve, float controls, wiring outside box, wiring conduit and other miscellaneous parts the day after I was able to get both tanks pumped out. I couldn't be more satisfied with a 40 year pro with helper (20 years himself). I knew immediately that Rick knew this system inside and out and he even visually inspected my septic field and researched it at the county records. And for all that parts, materials and expertise his price was super reasonable. Thanks Rick and Mike!

Description of Work
Septic Pumping Tank needed new pump and made sense to replace all other inside parts.

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

10/17/2019

Fred B.

I would not go anywhere else. Rick is extremely thorough, checks the problem carefully, and provides a clear explanation of the problem. His price is very fair - wonderful to have honest service and integrity in today's times. Recommended without reservation!

Description of Work
septic alarm ringing and needed evaluation and new floaters with very quick turnaround

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

06/13/2019

Randall K.

Rich and his assistant were very professional. They diagnosed the problem the first day, picked up a new pump and valves and installed them the next morning. They explained everything as they went, including retiring, adding a shutoff valve, new backflow valve, and float switches on a new hanger. Neat work. Before finishing, they checked the pumping volume twice to make sure it met code. (Sorry I don’t have a better picture of them working, they were always down on their hands and knees looking down the tank.)

Description of Work
Fix non functioning septic system; discovered it was a bad pump and connection.

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

Review for A & A Septic Repair Service, LLC  - PO BOX 4447, Manassas, VA - 37957107

03/15/2019

Don S.

Rick is the owner/operator. He worked around my schedule, made every appointment on time, stayed within his quoted price, and ensured my system meets county code. Further, he made himself available by phone, and kept me well informed of the process every step of the way. This was during snow and rain and cold. I will definitely use him again and recommend him to neighbors and friends.

Description of Work
Control system repair; rewiring of pumps; adjustment of floats, replacement of pumps,

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

[Member Name Removed] was a pleasure to work with and we will be glad to on his system again if needed. Thank You, Rick Aits

06/06/2018

Martin N.

Went smoothly. They accessed the tank and quickly drained it. Filled in the hole and placed the grass back on it

Description of Work
Clean out septic tank

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

04/05/2018

Benny A.

Rick and his crew did an excellent job. Rick Communicated very well with me throughout the process. Left the place very clean. Will use again.

Description of Work
Replace 2 distribution boxes and repair fdv kit.

Work Completed On 04/03/2018

12/14/2017

Pat H.

Rick is punctual, and conscientious

Description of Work
Replaced septic pump and float switches

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

09/19/2017

Donna J.

It went well but I had to wait 2 months.

Description of Work
Pumped Septic Tank

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

Hello, this is Rick Aits with A & A Septic Repair. I think you are talking about another company. We do everything but septic tank cleaning. Thank You

07/27/2017

Sharon D.

EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE, plain and simple! I placed an inquiry via Angies List and was promptly contacted by Rick. He set me up with an appointment immediately and called later to confirm. On the day of, he showed up as promised and ON TIME. Rick and Mike conducted a comprehensive check-up on my system, then made very reasonable and honest recommendations. I authorized them to do some upgrades on my system and they came back that very afternoon to complete the project. This is an excellent company and I will continue to not only use them, but recommend them to my friends and neighbors. Note that Rick has "straight As" on Angies List. Now I know why.

Description of Work
Septic system inspection from A-Z Changed out pump and floats

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

06/06/2017

Carolyn M.

Everything went smoothly and professionally. Rick kept me updated on the progress and explained what he was doing and why. I was very confident with his knowledge and skill. Work site was adequately cleaned up.

Description of Work
The septic tank's sump pump needed to be upgraded for proper discharge flow and proper shut off valves between the pumps discharge into the leach field line. The electric switch box and connection box at the tank needed to be replaced. Three new floats were installed. The alarm bell was repaired. A new concrete riser lid was purchased and installed.

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

05/23/2017

Jeni T.

From the start Rick was amazing. Very thorough and professional. Tons of knowledge. He won't leave until he knows what's wrong. Very kind. Very knowledgeable. I can't recommend him enough. Wish they were all this fantastic. Call him. You won't regret it

Description of Work
Our septic system panel wasn't working properly

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

02/27/2017

Doug M.

Extremely well. Rick was more than willing to answer all my questions about the process and how the entire system works, including the switch box inside the house, fuses, alarms, etc.

Description of Work
I had to have two pumps, check valves and float sets replaced.

Work Completed On 01/15/2017

02/15/2017

Jay W.

I checked on the price with another A-rated company, and believe that the price he gave me was competitive. It was a pleasure working with him and his sons.

Description of Work
My septic level alarm was going off. Rick came out and determined the problem(s), showed them to me, and fixed them at a later date. Rick replaced 3 floats, and installed a set of gate valves, check valves, and unions.

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

01/29/2017

david M.

Quic service with a fair price, great guys, would hire again.

Description of Work
Replace septic tank pump

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

12/21/2016

dani A.

Septic pump replaced and floats, rewiring required for previous hook-up. Great job, fast, clean and efficient.

Description of Work
Septic pump

Work Completed On 11/08/2016

11/19/2016

Sara W.

The alarm on our septic went off very late on a Tue. night. Based on Angie's List reviews, I called Aits Septic Repair early on Wed 7/6/16. Rick told me he had several emergencies that day so he probably wouldn't be able to get over until the next day. (We were able to run the system using the manual mode.) Later in the morning he called me back to say he would be able to come by shortly. He looked at the problem...floats were bad which caused the alarm to go off. Also, pump was not pumping much, so Rick recommended a larger pump. He had to order the pump and came by 2 days later to complete the job. New Myers pump, new check valve, gate valve, 3 new floats and redid electrical hardwiring to prevent corrosion. Rick also filed the paperwork with Pr. Wm. County. As other reviewers have stated, Rick is very knowledgeable and an honest man. I would recommend him to anyone needing this type of service.

Description of Work
Septic pump repair/replace

Work Completed On 11/19/2016

11/05/2016

William R W.

My septic pump failed on a saturday, I called the company I normally do business with (TLC our to Warrington VA, now Croppmetcalfe) and they promptly sent out a plumber. The plumber quoted me a price of $3500 to replace the pump and floats. When I expressed my surprise at the cost ( I had already priced a new pump (195.00) and new floats (25.00 each)), he responded that I don't get down in anyone's ***T for less than $3000. I then called Aits Septic Repair Service LLC, (I use his sister's company for septic pumping) who responded by 1100 am. Mr. Aits quoted me a price of $1325 to replace the pump, all of the floats, all of the piping in the pump tank, balance the system to make sure the flow was even on the field and check to make sure the electrical alarm system was functioning properly. He and his son arrived promptly at 0900 on Tuesday morning and my system was up and running by noon. He was prompt, courteous, and very very professional. I would absolutely use him again and I would strongly recommend Aits Septic Repair Service LLC..

Description of Work
Repair of a septic pump

Work Completed On 11/05/2016

11/05/2016

William R W.

Sunday morning at 3am I was awaken by my mother (she lives in an suite in the basement) to tell me that there was water backing up in the basement. I went down stairs to about an inch of water that had backed up through the laundry room floor drain. I check my septic system pump alarm and it showed that the system was working (the high water alarm test switch worked, as did the manual pump switch). I noticed that the breaker for the septic holding tank pump had tripped, so I called TCL to have them come check the breaker (they had just rewired the panel and checked all the wiring in the house in August 2016). TLC sent their on-call technician out from Winchester VA to check the switch. He determined that the pump had seized up and he told me that the soonest TLC could get someone out to help me was Monday morning by 8am (it was now 7am Sunday morning). I began calling around to see if someone could help me sooner. Out of the dozen providers I called, Mr. Aits was the only one who called me back on Sunday. I told him what I knew (I have the original paperwork from when the system was put in) and what TLC had told me. He said that it sounded, from what I told him, that the pump had failed, but it could just be a bad float. He said that he would check when he got there, but if the pump had failed he recommended replacing the old pump with a better more capable model (a Zoeller N137-c vice the N98 that had failed), and replacing the floats, check valve, and coupling. I told him I was trying to get the tanks pumped as soon a possible and he said that if I could not find someone he would try to get someone for me. On Monday morning Mr Aits called me at 0900 to see if I had found someone to pump my tanks ( I had) and we made arrangement to have the system repaired first thing on Tuesday morning (once the tanks were empty I would have several days in which to repair the system). Mr Aits and his son arrived when he said he would (at 7 am on Tuesday morning), confirmed that the pump was bad, and in a very straight-forward, no nonsense manner, replaced the guts of the pump tank (new Zoeller N137-C pump, three new floats, new check valve, new coupling, and new throttle valve and new 2" piping. He then checked the system to make sure it was wired correctly and the alarm and switches worked, then he set the flow rate to a rate approved by the county for my septic system. During the entire process he patiently explained why he was doing what he was doing at each step. For example he explained that he positioned the check valve in the line so that it would not be exposed to the caustic gas generated in the holding tank (it would be always be under water when the switch float was not activated) so it would not corrode from the outside like the old one did. He then cleaned up after himself, closed the system back up, and provided a detailed bill for the amount we previously agreed to and emailed me a copy of the paperwork he filed with the county. From the time he arrived to the time he left was just under two hours. A job very well done for a very reasonable price - the man knows his business.

Description of Work
Replace failed septic holding tank pump and all floats on a three stage system.

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

10/24/2016

Maudey M.

It had been awhile since the septic was pumped so it was a thick sludge. This meant they had to stay longer to get it pumped. It added a bit more to the price, but that was absolutely reasonable. The gentleman doing the work was very nice and all contact by phone was great. Definitely will use them again!

Description of Work
I had my septic pumped.

Work Completed On 09/27/2016

10/21/2016

Traci S.

It couldn't have gone better! I called them Thursday night and Rick and his son, Wyatt, came out early the next morning. I know nothing about a septic system, but Rick was so helpful, understanding and HONEST!! I have had this problem for the past 5 days, but seemed to clear up after I had called another well-known company because my toilet was backed up. All they did was run a "snake" through the pipes and charged me TWICE as much as Rick Aits did and Rick did WAY more than the other company. It might not mean much, but the little things matter! When Rick and Wyatt dug up my yard to get to the tank, he saved the sod to put back as best as he could instead of just tearing up my yard. I really appreciate that. I would absolutely use Aits Septic Repair Service LLC again and recommend them to everyone! Great work, trustworthy, timely, and reasonably priced!! I am so grateful to them for not taking advantage of my lack of knowledge of how a septic system works while my husband is serving overseas. THANK YOU RICK!!!!

Description of Work
My septic system was backed up and causing waste to back up in my yard through a pipe outside my house. Rick dug up around my tank to "snake" the pipe and removed the blockage.

Work Completed On 10/21/2016

09/15/2016

Matthew C.

Rick and his staff at Aits Septic Repair provided EXCELLENT service! I called Rick Sunday afternoon and told him that my Septic alarm was going off and I had no clue what the problem was. Other companies I called didn't pick up their phones or it went straight to voice mail because it was a Sunday. Rick took the time over the phone with me to troubleshoot the issue but we both agreed after 15 minutes that he would need to come out. At first he wasn't going to be able to come out until the next day but we both were worried about the septic system and he came to my house within an hour of the call. Most companies might take advantage of someone in this situation but Rick is an honest man and told me that there was nothing wrong with the pump itself and what caused the issue was a faulty outlet that the pump was plugged into. Rick removed the faulty outlet, fixed the wiring and within 30 minutes my pump was back to working condition and pushed everything back to the septic fields. Thanks Rick for the quick response and excellent customer service. I will be sure to call you for all future work on my system.

Description of Work
Septic pump failed causing my septic alarm to go off on a Sunday morning

Work Completed On 09/11/2016

09/14/2016

Deborah B.

It went very well. Rick installed the pump very quickly and was personable and professional.

Description of Work
Aits installed a new pump on my septic