Sentry Exteriors

Founded 1994 • With Angi since November 2010

4.1

21835 Timberlake Rd

Lynchburg, VA 24502

Sentry Exteriors is recognized as a Virginia Class A Contractor. We offer the most reliable products on the market, to ensure the highest quality. Our professional and qualified representatives will walk you through our personal and convenient Free Easy Estimate Service. Our 20 years of experience

12/13/2021

David S.

They called me as soon as they opened the next day, did a great job and I've used them before.

Description of Work
There is a small hole in the back corner of the roof where the wind took down the satellite dish.

05/21/2019

David R.

Project was only a 900 sq foot garage. They promised work would be done in 2 to 3 weeks. It was 6 weeks before started and 7 weeks before compleyed. The estimator promised plywood but sent OSB and he ordered the wrong color shingles. Company was only pro active to give quote and ask for payment. I had to press the issue to get materials delivered and work scheduled. After I told them it was taking too long to get started and that I did not want their service anymore they pulled a roofer off of a bigger job. He left his crew on the big job and came with just himself and his girlfriend. It took 4 days of working only a few hours each day and then a week to come back and try to correct trimming the edges. Completed work was sub standard, roof edge trimmings are still uneven on all 4 sides and and not straight line cuts even after roofer returned to fix. When I sent pictures of the poor work to go the estimator he did not see the problem, I had to really explain what was wrong. Twice I sent an email to CEO Mr Fritz but he has still not given me the courtisey of a reply to address my concerns.

Description of Work
Asphalt Shingle Roof Onstalation

08/16/2017

Daniel W.

I would look elsewhere for roofing services. Sentry Exteriors provided roofing construction for several new homes in my neighborhood and a few of the roofs experienced leaks due to faulty construction. They've fixed some of the homes but didn't stand behind their work for my roof. Their customer service people were polite but it took me three calls before I actually got a return call to schedule someone to come out and look. They indicated that they were not willing to "do the right thing" and correct their issue but would be happy to provide an estimate for the work, expecting me to pay them to fix their mistake. I am now looking for another roofing company that is more reputable to come out and provide a service that Sentry should have provided to begin with. Again, avoid this company and don't go through what I have endured.

Description of Work
My front porch ceiling was damaged due to A leak in my roof, which was built by Sentry Exteriors.

01/18/2016

Kevin C.

I purchased the Inspection on October 6 and they sent someone out later that week. When the salesman, Jim, arrived he said he usually works on $100,000 metal roofing contracts and he had no idea what to do with the Angie's list "Big Deal" certificate I presented. He told me that the repairs would most likely not be more than a few hundred dollars but that he'd need to send someone out to look at the roof. After many calls on my part to get something scheduled (he never came through on his promises to call me) I was able to schedule an inspection for early November. The inspector arrived an hour late around 4:30 PM which was shortly before sunset. The inspector was on the roof for a little while after it was fully dark and came down saying that he suspected I needed some sealing around vents etc (apparently he didn't check even though this repair was supposed to be included as part of the tune-up) and that the roof still had a few good years left in it. He didn't even ask to inspect the interior for leaks (another part of the "deal" I paid for). The inspector told me to expect the report and quote for repairs by the end of the week. The following week I called requesting the report and quote and I was told that it would be emailed to me that night. It wasn't. I called at least 4 other times over the next two months, each time being promised that I would be emailed the quote, without receiving anything. Finally, on January 13, 2016 I received a quote for a complete replacement; this quote included only a dollar amount and no other information. When I emailed Jim about the repair quote and report I was told (and this is a direct quote from his reply) "I?m not sure what you thought you were getting for a hundred dollars." Apparently he thinks this excuses the horrible customer service I received and failure to perform the services I was promised. Clearly he's used to dealing with $100,000 metal roofing contracts, as he told me when we first met, and my business, or the business of any other individual homeowner, is not a priority for him.

Description of Work
They were supposed to perform a "roof tune-up" and inspection which I purchased a an Angie's List "Big Deal".

Category gutter repair

We deeply apologize for any concerns you have had related to the work we have performed for you. It was never our intention to offer any form of poor quality, responsiveness, or professionalism in regards to the labor that you were in need of. We have read over your review, and as mentioned before want to apologize. The representative that you communicated with was new to our company and was not properly informed on the offer you displayed him and this was also a new offer that had recently been put together by alternate staff. This is why there was confusion and the original comments were made, because his previous job was only in the commercial industry. Individual home owners and residential clients are a high priority and valuable portion of our business, to all of our sales representatives, and additional staff. We also want to apologize for the promptness of our inspector’s arrival time and will work to be sure this is corrected in the future. When our inspectors attempt to diagnosis any repair needs for our clients we prefer to give our best deduction of the possible issue, but underlying problems can cause additional repair needs. From the inspection documentation we received it was noted that it was possible that replacing several shingles could fix the troubles you were having, but due to the brittleness of the shingles it would more than likely be impossible to only remove and replace a few of them. It was noted that the best option would be to replace the roof, to be certain you would have no further leaks or issues of any kind. This diagnosis is the reason you were presented with the quote for roof replacement. Most of your communication was with our office manager, who ended up leaving the business during the holidays and it appears that communication was not passed on in the way it should have been. We apologize for the errors in regards to our communication after the fact. We always strive to be prompt and responsive to all customers and there is no excuse for requests to have gone unnoticed for that period of time. We want to rectify this with you and would appreciate you granting us the ability to go over all of your needs with you again. We would love to work on other options for you, where we are able to show you the professional quality our business can offer and that you deserve. If there is any way that we can assist you now or in the future, please let us know and you, as an individual homeowner, will be our first priority.

12/15/2015

William S.

Description of Work
Good work at a fair price.

Category gutter repair

Thank you so much for choosing Sentry Exteriors! We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Angie's List. It was a pleasure working with you!

10/29/2015

Presby G.

Very fast only took 2 hours to rip the old and install the new. Gutters look great.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

We are so thrilled that you love your new gutters! Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We so appreciate you writing a review for us on Angie's List. Thanks again!

10/13/2015

Elizabeth T.

He walked around the roof and took pictures and I could not tell from the pictures that he showed me what work needed to be done.Chris talked on the phone a lot while on the roof. He then stated that there were exposed nails that needed to be sealed. I expressed to him that was not my worry, my worry was with the chimney and how I needed repair on that and the bathroom pipe. He then stated that he would have to send an estimate for that in a day or so but that it would be about seven days before he could get to the job, he was getting ready to leave, so I ask if he was going to inspect inside the attic space that was part of the deal, and his comment was, well if you want me to. he then did that and complained about the heavy ladder and how out of shape he was as he did it. Also part of the deal was to include minor sealing around the chimney at the time of inspection and he did not offer to do that nor did he include or mention it in the estimate. He sent me via email an estimate the following day to fix the chimney and the pipe and it was going to be 600.00. I did not think that this was a reasonable quote at all so I emailed him back with an idea of an estimate of my own. He then responded that he couldn't do it for less because of insurance cost for his workers, and also said he hoped I could find a handyman to meet my target price, I found this comment to be unprofessional and petty.

Description of Work
an incomplete roof inspection per special offer with $100 Repair Credit towards work to be done!

We are truly sorry to hear that your experience during the estimation process was not satisfactory. At Sentry Exteriors, we pride ourselves in delivering a top-notch product to our clients along with superior customer service. We will be more than happy to come back out and do a small caulking job around the chimney for you. However, this will not come with a warranty. At this point, we do recommend a full flashing replacement. In regards to our quoted price of $600 to fix the issues with the chimney and the pipe, the price reflects our material costs as well as labor costs. We sincerely appreciate your business, and please reach out to us at your convenience to set up a time to have the caulking job taken care of

07/29/2015

Thomas G.

Category gutter repair

Thank you [Member's name removed] for the kind review. We enjoyed working on your house and look forward to working with you in the future if need be!

01/13/2015

David G.

Description of Work
Requested gutter cleanout and new gutter guards for entire house. Really pleased with the quality of work and the gutter guard solution they provided is working great. They gave me several choices of gutter guard types so that was helpful to consider the price variation. They came on time, very courteous, explained how long it would take, pricing clear. Great job!

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Mr. [Member name removed], thank you for taking the time to write and review our work. We appreciate the thoughtful words and positive feedback. We hope to serve you again in the future!

07/30/2014

Richard or Pam W.

They did the job in a single day. Stripped large roof. Installed ridge vents, flashing, pipe collars, drip edge, ice and water shield and GAF lifetime shingles. The crew was very professional and thoughtful. They protected plants. They cleaned up extremely well despite wind that had blown roofing material widely. They were willing to do the entire roof or any part of the roof. I felt their best quote was for the 2 story part, but I am glad we had them do the entire roof.

Description of Work
Roofing

Category gutter repair, roofing

We are so glad you are happy with it! We love when our customers are satisfied with the results, thank you Mr. [Member name removed]!

06/27/2014

CATHY C.

We were just going to this company for gutters. The salesman ended up selling us all of the above mentioned services. The roof over the house started leaking in the spring with all of the rain. The company came back and sealed our Dish antenna. This was supposed to have been removed before putting on the roof, but they never removed it. I have found out from other contractors that the antennas are to be removed before roofing work is done. They claimed that they would paint the ceiling of the room that had the water damage. At the same time, we noticed that our porch was separating from our house. Originally we were told that the porch overhangs would be on separate beams that would be in the ground with concrete. They placed the porch overhang on our existing railings, which obviously could not support the weight. After calling numerous times, they came and claimed that they fixed the problem. And now, the porch is worse than before and is still not supported by beams in the ground. They also never painted the ceiling, they only painted the water spot damage. I have also found out from other contractors that this was the worst roofing job that they had seen. I called the company for 2 weeks with no reply to my phone calls. Finally, I was told that they were not going to do anything about it. I guess it is off to the Better Business Bureau and small claims court. Update to company response**** They did replace the steps which they did not need to do. As of levied handrail and replaced boards, it may not have been apart of their original scope but they were the ones who screwed them up. No roofing issues had not been inspected by anyone but them. I have had other companies come out and tell me that they did a terrible job. The satellite dish was not removed to my satisfaction. Instead of unscrewing it, they removed it with a crowbar, which may make my roof leak in the future. We are absolutely not satisfied clients! I had to threaten them the owner of the company with small claims court before I even got a return phone call.

Description of Work
They were hired to put gutters on my house, a new roof, new fascia trim around the siding. They were also to put 7'x4' overhang over our current porch.

Category decks, roofing

As always we strive for 100% client satisfaction. Sentry Exteriors recently went above and beyond on deck concerns and replaced steps, re leveled handrail and replaced boards as well that were not part of our original scope, deck concerns have been all addressed to client satisfaction. Roofing issues have been inspected and satellite dish removed to client satisfaction. We trust we have very satisfied clients!!

06/10/2014

Ron J.

The roof looks better than I expected (basically replaced with same roof, but new one looks great). The gutters have been replaced and there are some tricky areas that need attention. (areas that were difficult to do). Have only had 2 rains so far, and the roof did not leak as far as I can tell, One of the tricky areas of the gutter replacement overflowed and Sentry came back immediately and made an adjustment. Will have to wait for another large rain storm to see if it is fixed. Sentry assures me that they will come immediately if the gutters do not meet my expectation.

Description of Work
Replaced a large roof and replaced gutters.

01/31/2014

Diana T.

05/14/2013

Roberta H.

I signed the contract and they are going to come out Friday. I had to pay them 50% upfront. I didn't like the lull before they said okay we will come do it. I wanted to get it done before the rain but that is neither here nor there. I had to wait 10 days between when I said okay and when they set up the date. I had to call them to ask if they were coming.

Description of Work
I last used Sentry Exteriors to get an estimate for the gutters. He came out April 8th and then 2 days later he sent me the estimate via email.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

02/07/2013

Deb B.

I would not recommend them. They have been reported to the BBB, but I did get my money back. It’s not the owners fault, but this is his business and his money. It was a horrific experience.

Description of Work
I didn’t even need gutters; I called them to check on leaf gutter guards. Had already gotten 3 estimates prior and they all said my gutters were in tact and fine. They said they were going to check the gutters for leaf gutter guards. They ended up charging me $300. I had to take pictures and send to the BBB. They filled my gutters with dirt. I came home after a month and half or so and I look up and I literally have plants growing out of the dirt that they put in the gutters. I had to get up there and it took me 4 hours to get all of the muck out of there. Took the sprayer and cleaned them. I explained that if my gutters were that bad they would not have come clean so easily.

11/07/2012

Ellen M.

Overall the experience went well.

Description of Work
We originally just wanted a roof but after speaking with their sales agent we decided to add on windows as well. Everything went well until the windows came in amd they were the wrong size. None of them fit. We called Sentry and the sales man came out and they ordered new ones which did delay our project. None of the work was completed within the estimates given. The crew was great! Very hard workers and did great work. The price was great as well we had a new roof put in and 16 new windows and had the exterior of the windows wrapped in vinyl. There was some plaster damaged that occurred while the windows were being put in and this still has not been completed.

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

09/20/2012

Carol M.

After checking on Angie's list we decided to contact Sentry Exteriors for an estimate on Pro Leaf Gutter Guards. I went to their website and filled out the their form for an estimate this was 9/9. I never heard from them. Filled out another on Tuesday 9/11. Still haven't heard from them. If it is this hard to get them to respond to a potenial customer imagine how hard it would be to contact them if you had a problem with a job.

Description of Work
Buying Gutter Guards. Company never contacted us to set up an estimate.

08/07/2012

mac M.

They had the better prices and a decent leaf protection system so I chose them. The scheduling dept didn't contact me to see when I was available, they just set up a date and called later to confirm. They sent a sales guy to help with the install because they had had so many injuries they were short staffed. He cut himself a half hour into the job. They didn't finish in one day as promised. The next day they didn't show up in the morning and I had to call to find that they didn't plan on returning until the next day because of another injury. They finally finished on day 3, they look good but I had to waste a half day of vacation when they didn't show. The receptionist didn't know what she was doing and didn't know how to handle customers. At least they didn't charge me for the "extras" they talked me into.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced gutters

06/25/2012

Virginia L.

We were pleased with the service we were given. Our contact person was Tim Kesterson and he was very attentive throughout the process. The crew did an excellent job, cleaned up any mess they had created and were in and out in a matter of two days.

Description of Work
Re-roofed main house, boat house and shed. Gutter screens and some downspouts replaced.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Member, we are pleased to hear of your positive experience. Thank you so much for sharing.

06/14/2012

Barry P.

They did gutter repair and replacement and they cleaned the gutters as well. They were the cheapest ones I found and they did a nice job. I have no issues at all.

Description of Work
I used Sentry Exterior gutter repair and replacement roofing.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for calling us and giving us the opportunity to come work at your home. Make sure you think of us for any future projects.

01/20/2012

Marcel F.

Workers arrived on-time and finished the job in just a few hours. They obviously knew what they were doing. The gutters look great. The work was done as promised and we paid exactly what was written on the estimate. Hassel free. Estimate to job completion was about a week. Very happy with this company.

Description of Work
Installed missing gutters & down spouts on approximately half the house.

Category gutter repair

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your business and hope you think of us for your next project!

12/05/2011

Melody T.

Work was done on time without problems. The gutters have remained unblocked. The product works.

Description of Work
Installation of Leaf Solutions to keep leaves out of my gutters.

Category gutter repair

So happy to hear this. Thank you for letting us know.

09/13/2011

Tom P.

It was a great experience, very professionally done from start to finish. They were awarded the job out of 6 bids, not the lowest in price, but certainly were responsive to my needs. In this case I got what I paid for, and the job is stunning really, from the way it looked before. I have a mansard roof, so it was a lot of hard work. Their attention to detail was impressive. It rained hard just as they were completing the job and the roof did not leak at all. In addition, I have a good warranty with Sentry. I used Angie's list throughout the process and it was very helpful.

Description of Work
Sentry removed an old roof that consisted of 2 layers of shingles (a huge job) and replaced those asphalt shingles with an awesome architextual lifetime shingle, Put on a new ridge vent, closed up a hole in the roof where an attic fan was, and did what they said they would do.

Thank you Member for your review. We are so happy about your results and feel honored to be a part of your home's new look.

07/28/2011

delbert G.

See above, because they did not do the job. sorry about that

Description of Work
Sentry rep came out and didnt even get on the roof to actually measure the roof. He used a road type meter about 20ft from the the building to get the measurements. His estimate was that it needed 13 square, and when i told that i had built the building and used 10 square, he said that i was mistaken. His estimate was $4,844.92 to replace the original cedar shake roof and replace it with standard good quailty shingles. I did not like that he told me that i didnt know what i had used when i built the building. I later used Gray Contracting that did all the work and the cost was $2,250 (9.8 sq. shingles used). See my evaluation on Gray Contracting.

Member we are sorry about your disappointment. We work hard to make sure our customers get quality work and are always appreciated.

04/25/2011

Melinda G.

They did an excellent job. I did a lot of comparison shopping and I was very pleased. They are getting ready to come fix my ceiling, too. They were very competitively priced, they were about $1000 cheaper than everyone else I looked at.

Description of Work
Sentry Exteriors put a new roof and gutter guards on.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Member, thank you so much for your positive response. It was a pleasure doing work for you. We look forward to doing projects with you in the future.

Stang's Softwash and Pressure Washing LLC

Stang's Softwash and Pressure Washing LLC is a Licensed and Insured company. We have over 5 years experience and top of the line equipment ready to tackle your home's exterior needs whether it be organic growth on your siding or dirt build up on your walkway. We can do it all! You will always speak directly to the owners through Text / Call / Email or in person. We look forward to taking care of your exterior cleaning needs and giving you a professional and personal experience!

Award 2022
    Better Home Improvements

Better Bathrooms & Kitchens is a full service residential remodeling comapany located in Salem, VA. We have proudly served homeowners in Central and Southwest Virginia since 1995. We offer complete bathroom and kitchen remodeling, as well as interior and exterior painting. Fully licensed and insured, Better Bathrooms & Kitchens can handle every aspect of your project, including vanities, countertops, electrical work, plumbing, tiling, construction, and much more without the need for subcontractors. This cost-effective method allows us to meet our deadlines and stay on top of the work our team puts into your project. We have completed hundreds of bathroom and kitchen renovations, and we strive to exceed client expectations. Better Bathrooms & Kitchens is an active member of the Home Builders Associations of Roanoke and the New River Valley, as well as the New River Valley Association of Realtors. We ensure we are up to date on the latest trends and support our industry in an effort to better serve our clients. Each project begins with our designer visiting your home to take accurate dimensions and to get a detailed description of your renovation or remodeling wishes. Together, you will create a design, prepare a detailed estimate, and schedule a date for your project. Our initial measurements are entered into a computer program to produce floor plans and a 3-D drawing to help you visualize what your new kitchen or bathroom will look like. The design will be improved until you are completely satisfied. Additional service areas: entire area of Roanoke, Blacksburg, Lynchburg, and anywhere else that is within an hour's drive of the Roanoke Valley. We also offer up to 48 mos. interest free financing for those that qualify.

Leaf Relief Gutter Cleaning

Leaf Relief has been providing customer satisfaction in gutter cleaning and related services for over two decades. We accept cash or checks and provide free estimates. We also repair, replace, or cover gutters and we deal with underground issues relating to gutters. Proudly serving Winston-Salem, NC and Lynchburg, VA. Cell: 434-485-0121; 336-287-6502

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Gutter Installation, Gutter Guards, Roofing, Siding, Windows, Decking, Doors and Remodeling.