Knott's Handywork

Founded 2013 • With Angi since May 2013

I prefer smaller jobs that a person may not feel comfortable doing themselves but a contractor would not feel it was worth the effort to take on....

Valley Painting Company

Contact us today to discuss all of your painting needs! We look forward to hearing from you.

Byers' Painting Plus

Byers' Painting Plus offers Interior or Exterior Painting, Staining or interior wall or trim repair and re-finishing services With a decade of experience and dedication to superior attention to detail and owner-operation provides only the best quality and guaranteed expert painting/staining service Other services provided as customer requests determined on a case-by-case basis

Lift And Swift Moving Company LLC

Specializing in RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL MOVING SERVICES! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

08/01/2020

Kathy M.

Ryan did a fantastic job. He was on time and very professional. He completed the work quickly, and it looks great.

Description of Work
Wood railing installed around outside basement stairwell.

Category contractors

08/01/2020

Kathy M.

We have used Ryan's services at least 3 times now, and he is always professional, on time, and thorough. He does good work, and makes sure he does it correctly. He has become our go-to handyman!

Description of Work
Installed a deadbolt on a door and replaced two light fixtures

07/20/2020

Andrea R.

It went great; we were thrilled with his work. He has very professional and did exactly what we needed to have done in a very timely manner. I hope we are able to hire him again for other home projects.

Description of Work
Carpet removal from living room floor and old carpet hauled away.

07/23/2017

Tina C.

Ryan was prompt and on time, he was priced very reasonable and was very professional. We will definitely call him for future projects.

Description of Work
We needed an old storm door taken down and replaced with a new one we purchased

09/12/2014

Barbara H. R.

Mr. Knott did not do the work, because of our tight time frame, but he gave us the advice we needed to get the job done properly. I am very grateful to him for that.

Description of Work
Ryan Knott got back to be very quickly after I called him for advice about repairs to a couple of our windows with some wood rot around the frame. He was very professional and helpful, and I would have hired him, except he was quite busy (which says to me he is in high demand)! We were squeezed because we were moving in a very short time. I would not hesitate to hire him in the future if we were going to remain in this area.

Category contractors,handyman service

04/09/2014

Rita T.

I initially called on a weekend and was able to get through to Ryan immediately. He came to our house for an estimate within a day or so. We were impressed with his professional, straightforward manner, and he seemed quite knowledgeable about several areas of home repair. We needed help with various tasks, his estimate seemed fair, and it looked like a good fit. Ryan arrived on time and put in a full day. Communication was good throughout the time he worked for us. He possessed an open and friendly manner, asked questions when needed, and went about tasks efficiently. Many times he picked up needed materials such as paint, faucets, etc. He always did this on his own time, at no charge to us, nor did he charge for his travel time (30 miles distance from us). We are very satisfied with the result. He was always willing to go above and beyond. His standards are high and he guaranteed his work. Ryan did an amazing job at a good price, and he did so in a cheerful manner. We highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Ryan pressure washed, then stained our front porch, deck, and gazebo. He replaced rails on stairs. He replaced two faucets, caulked two baths, repaired doors, replaced a doorknob and painted both front and back doors. Ceiling tiles were replaced in the basement, and broken wood slats on a closet door repaired. He even cut down two trees for us!

01/10/2014

John W.

I had strokes which also severely damaged my short term memory so I rely heavily on and quot;the written wordand quot;. Therefore, per my request, we did a lot of communication via email. Ryan quoted me a price when he said he would, he was able to do the job within a few days. He showed up and left each day when he said he would. He kept me totally informed and took the initiative of asking me when any decisions of style, color, etc. were to be made. He was very professional and friendly. I was totally comfortable with him and told him just to come in when he arrived each day for work. I'm so happy I found him and take great comfort to having found such a person to help me..

Description of Work
Ryan did 8 various jobs. Among them he took out 3 interior doors with their frames and installed new. He also repaired several holes and tears in my drywall in the utility room where I had tore out some years ago to install a vent fan in the bathroom off the utility room. Amazingly his quoted price included him supplying the materials. I use to do all of my own work until I became disabled and Ryan was a big help! I am going to use him to help me from now on.

11/06/2013

Harry S.

He was very easy to work with and most accommodating to our requests. He even made a special trip to install a fixture for us in the bathroom that took only l/2 hour, and just charged us for the l/2 hour, even though he had purchased a part for us which took him time to find. Highly recommend him. He is not a licensed contractor yet (working on it), and will let you know what he can and cannot undertake to do.

Description of Work
We initially contacted Ryan just to install a chandelier for us. His work was so well done, we hired him for some additional projects for us.

08/08/2013

Faye N.

This business transaction went very well. We will definitely use him again soon!

Description of Work
Cut out, treated, repaired and painted two walls in our rental apartments. Installed blinds, screens in storm doors, moved and installed an oven, commode, refrigerators and doors. Repaired windows and installed new window panes, etc.

06/13/2013

Gordon P H.

Excellent work, on time as agreed, excellent carpentry knowledge and a very hard worker. No cons at all.

Description of Work
I needed to have some rotted wood replaced on my porch steps and a set of French doors. Ryan did the repairs very well and will paint the porch pickets and the door shortly. He also pressure washed the house, steps and sidewalk. He spent two days with the power wash work and 1 1/2 days working on the woodwork. He is a carpenter by trade but will handle many maintenance and repair jobs.I was referred to him by a friend, and he has done work for a local shooting club as well as several individuals, has been in the area about 6 months. A very pleasant, capable and professional young main, shows up on time and you get an honest day's work for your dollar.Highly recommended.

Category contractors,handyman service

Knott's Handywork

Founded 2013 • With Angi since May 2013

Lynchburg, VA 24502

Light repair, construction and painting.

Check, Financing Available