Campbell Heating & Cooling Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2010

127 Turkey Foot Rd

Lynchburg, VA 24502

Campbell Heating and Cooling has been serving the local community for over 15 years. We are Trane Comfort Specialist Professionals ready to help you with all of your heating and cooling needs. We offer 24-hour service, 7 days a week. Call us at 434-525-6950 today....

09/18/2020

Sherri S.

The office staff, estimator (Cory) and installers (Kirk and Philip) were courteous and professional. The cost was reasonable. From first contact to completed installation spanned three days. The estimator provided us with accurate information and answered all of our questions. The installers were prompt and efficient in their work. They demonstrated the unit and answered additional questions. They took extra care to protect our home and clean up after the installation. We are very satisfied with our experience with Campbell Heating and Cooling and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New Furnace Install

07/25/2019

James V.

The service was very good. They came on time, did the job, they did what they need to do and the were polite.

Description of Work
Regular Check and Maintenance of the Air Conditioning Unit

08/28/2017

Charles F.

Excellent ... from the initial quote process to the installation, everyone was very helpful and professional. Good recommendations and solutions offered that led to a very satisfactory result. The representatives from Campbell (Kevin Moser) and Lowe's (the PSE - Roger Ketterman) both met at my house to assess my needs, answer questions, make suggestions, and give the quote on the spot. Campbell scheduled the installation and followed up to remind me of the date. The installation was done by two excellent and well qualified technicians (Chad and Michael) who answered my questions and took time to provide instructions on the new thermostat and service.

Description of Work
A new Trane 15 SEER Heat Pump to replace previous 21 year old Trane Air Conditioning unit. Trane is the brand and Campbell Heating and Air is the company the Lowe's Madison Heights uses for Residential AC and Heat Pumps. My price included the military discount for the equipment itself. Included new multi-position cased coil unit, new programmable thermostat, drain, and all accessories for the system and removal of all old equipment.

08/10/2017

Doug U.

10/08/2016

Becky R.

Scheduled appointment. They were a no show & no call! I might consider giving them a second chance since it only an estimate.

Description of Work
Called to get estimate on replacing my AC units coil.

03/04/2016

John C.

Overall I give Campell an A-. I got estimates from several companies and Campbell had the best price. I feel the salesman was a bit aloof at times and didn't truly value my business. The installers were great - very professional and courteous and they took time to answer my concerns. I would INSIST on a Manual J Load Calculation test however. I had one done by another firm (for free) and since my home had additional insulation and upgraded windows, the test showed that my current system was actually oversized. I told my salesman what size I wanted/needed but I'm not sure he would have done the Manual J if I hadn't known better. This is an important point - you don't want an oversized system, it will cycle on and off very frequently and during the summer it will not have the time to properly take the humidity out of the air. You'll end up cool but moist. So insist on the Manual J and don't depend on them simply looking at the tonnage of the unit you now have. Any HVAC company that refuses to do a Manual J and says "I've been doing this for twenty years, I can pretty much figure what you need by looking at it..." look elsewhere! This is science, not rocket science but still, it has to be calculated properly and installed properly for best operation.

Description of Work
Installed new heat pump

07/18/2015

Robert H.

The technicians, Robert and Nick, arrived promptly between 8am and 9am as they said they would. They replaced the indoor air handler, the outdoor heat pump and replaced the old thermostat with a digital thermostat. As a courtesy, they covered some loose wires on my hot water heater with a protective sheath, for no extra charge. The air handler and heat pump are made by Trane and the thermostat by Honeywell. They did an excellent job in around 5 hours. Air is nice and cold and everything seems to be working perfectly. Campbell came highly recommended by my friends and co-workers and they delivered on their promise. I've dealt with other heating and cooling companies in the past that were very good as well, but much more expensive. Campbell does the same quality work, with the same quality products, but for a much more reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
They replaced the Indoor/Outdoor heat pump and air handler. Replaced the thermostat with a digital thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your positive comments. As a small business owner, I can promise you that we will work hard to earn your business and your trust. Thank you for choosing Campbell Heating and Cooling. Mark Creasy President

01/21/2015

Gregory E.

They were great! Their price beat the competition. Their products have superior reputation for efficiency and performance. Their service agreement was the best deal. They have always been polite and prompt in correspondence. They are conscientious, professional and tidy in their work on site.

Description of Work
Installed and serviced new heat pump and air handler.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you! Mark Creasy President

12/18/2014

Linda T.

Description of Work
Service call and tune up that Ihave done twice a year.

Thank you for your "A" score! Mark Creasy President

09/17/2014

Marie W.

Came on time, was profession and pleasant. Gave detailed expiation of what was required, detailed bill. Have already scheduled for an upgrade.

Description of Work
Repaired Heat pump/AC unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to earn your business! Mark Creasy President

08/04/2014

William J.

They were very good. They were professional and did a good job. They showed up when they said they would. They were knowledgeable and very forthcoming with information. They provided brochures and all the sales information we could imagine.

Description of Work
They put in a heat pump a month ago and I got another quote from them 3 weeks ago.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your positive comments. As a small business owner, I can promise you that we will work hard to earn your business and your trust. Thank you for choosing Campbell Heating and Cooling. We do have a bunch of brochures! Mark Creasy President

12/16/2013

scott B.

Discovered wire in unit was unhooked. After hooking the wire back up the unit tried unsuccessfully to ignite. Further investigation by the technician reveiled water in the tank possibly due to a leaking tank. The technician provided a referral to a company who deals with underground oil tanks

Description of Work
Diagnosed problem with why my oil furnace was not functioning

05/28/2013

Adam F.

Guys got there in the morning and had the item installed by lunch. Very quick. Also had them Install new furnace and heat pump year before. Everything works great and will go back to them when I need HVAC service. They also have been doing PM work every 6 mths. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Installed mini split in upstairs bedroom

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for letting us serve you. We appreciate your business! Mark Creasy President

05/14/2013

Roberta H.

They come on time. They call us and remind us. They come when they say they are going to come. They do their jobs and they leave.

Description of Work
I last used Campbell Heating & Cooling to replace the heating and cooling system and now they come every 6 months for maintenance.

03/07/2013

Paul R.

These people are great to work with. The came first thing in the morning, removed all the old equipment, cleaned up the area around the old furnace, the heat pump concrete pad and associated pipe and wiring. Then installed the new equipment including the support pad for the heat pump, reattached the existing air ducts ( hot and cold) reattached the necessary wiring, new thermostat, and control wiring between the heat pump and furnace including the Freon lines. They finished the job before 3 PM the same day and were out of the house. Great to work with, clean up was very good, and instruction to run the equipment along with instructions for the new touch screen thermostat was great.

Description of Work
Removed old heat pump and electric furnace and all associated materials. Installed new heat pump, and electric furnace.

12/17/2012

Sheelin P.

They showed up on time, gave a comprehensive estimate, fixed what was broken and didn't laugh when they saw where I had put my foot through the sealing trying to fix it myself!

Description of Work
I've used Campbell's for years. They've replaced my heat pumps, serviced both my old equipment and my new equipment. Quality job and gave great information on how to take care of my equipment.

10/25/2012

Laura M.

Better than I could have hoped.

Description of Work
Had a fall tune up on the heat/air handler as well as the heat pump. Wish I had an A+ for this job. Best we've ever had and we've been her 40 years and had 3 service providers. Technician also installed a new clothes dryer solid metal exhaust vent. Extremely professional, dutiful, on time, worked hard and very pleasant.

05/08/2012

Sheelin P.

They are an excellent company, and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced a heat pump for me.

01/16/2012

Gregg L.

About 10 days later, they came out and did the work. The men were very courteous and friendly, asking us different things about the installation, doing extras without being asked, getting our input on several issues. They were absolutely professional and did not track in dirt. We were thoroughly pleased. They even hauled away our old oil tank even though they didn't have to. We would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They came out to check out our heat pump failure, arriving early as usual. After discussing the repair cost and age of heatpump, they discussed the benefits of the new equipment, pointed out the rebates available and answered all our questions. We decided to replace heat pump and replace the oil furnce backup with a bigge heatpump and variable speed air handler.

11/16/2011

Don C.

I got a bid from them. Their work was great. They were very punctual. They were just excellent. They cleaned up the mess. I had no problems with them at all. I am going to use them again.

Description of Work
Campbell Heating & Cooling put in a new heat pump outside and a new air handler upstairs. They used the existing duct work.

07/29/2011

Tom F.

The service man came and didn't have the proper equipment to check for any blockage, but did check the rest of the system. Without knowing it was ASSUMED that there was a damper problem and I was quoted $320 to repair it. Through process of elimination I disagreed. Another service man came within a few days with proper equipment, found the blockage as I suspected and removed it. I was handed a bill for an additional $165. I told the serviceman to have Brent Campbell call me about the bill because I was under the impression it would be covered in the service agreement. A month later I got a call from Mr Campbell indicating my bill was due. I felt I had been misled, but Mr. Campbell said it was policy and the call was not covered by the agreement. We finally agreed on half price. All total the so called one year service agreement has cost me about $250, not $165 that I was originally quoted and agreed to. Always be sure you clearly understand what is and isn't covered in any service agreement or extended warranty from any company.

Description of Work
I had used these folks in the past and was satisfied with their service. I called with a problem of a blockage in my AC/Heat ducts. I agreed to a 1 year service agreement for $160 because I was told it would include having their service man checking the blockage.

07/28/2011

Gary H.

Unresponsive when we needed them for warranty work!

Description of Work
To make a long story short, we purchased a hot water heater and a complete replacement air conditioning unit and air handler system to go with it, first time the A/C unit required service by this company in the dead of summer during an extraordinary heat wave they were unresponsive and said it would be at least two days to come by for any warranty work...... so I called Trane and transferred the warranty to Maddox Air and Electrical out of Evington, we called them and they were at the door within 15 minutes..... They now will enjoy all my business and repair/replacement work.... goodbye Campbell!

06/09/2011

Tim T.

I had no cooling in one zone of the house. They scheduled my appointment for the next day after I called, and they showed up at the time promised. After 15 minutes the serviceman told me he was going out to pick up a replacement motor. He returned, completed the installation and I had cooling. They are professional, honest and I would not hesitate to use or recommend them

Description of Work
Replaced motor in air conditioning unit.

04/26/2011

Tiffany C.

They are wonderful. I will be getting a second heat pump and duct work. They are easy to work with, honest, and professional. If there was a mistake, they came back and fixed it.

Description of Work
They installed a heat pump and duct work.

04/25/2011

Melinda G.

I was very pleased with them, it went very well. I had 3 estimates and I was very pleased with their price, too.

Description of Work
Campbell Heating & Cooling installed a new energy efficient heat pump.