ANDY'S HOME IMPROVEMENT

Founded 1995 • With Angi since November 2008

6829 SILVER ANN DRIVE

Lorton, VA 22079

LICENSE NUMBER IS DPOR OF VA#2705103652A. DBA: ANDY'S HOME IMPROVEMENTS INC....

09/13/2017

CHRISTINE A.

Very well. I knew we would hire Andy after he came by to give us an estimate. He was the only one who asked to look at the structural plans, knew the structural engineers and discussed the technical considerations. His insight and expertise gave me great confidence in him. Plus, he was very easy to talk to and engaged throughout the process. It was done beautifully. Great work!!!

Description of Work
Andy repaired drywall and flooring following water damage and repaired some structural problems we were having with an addition put on the house a number of years ago. He also fixed our doorbell so we could get rid of the digital doorbell system that went off when we vacuumed or spoke too loudly.

Category drywall, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling

03/18/2017

WILLIAM W.

Everything went great and in record time. We plan on using him for further home renovations.

Description of Work
We had Andy's Home Improvement remodel our three bathrooms. This included replacing the wall board in one bathroom; replacing the wall tile in two bathrooms replacing the vanities and tops in all bathrooms, having a sliding shower door installed, and replacing all hardware in our three bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

06/18/2016

Alma E.

I use this contractor often for many different jobs, the largest being a side enclosed porch remodel several years ago. Andy responds promptly to all communication, and he is dedicated to getting a job done right. The price may be a little higher than other estimates, but the quality is always there. There was some miscommunication this time regarding the interior painting, but Andy worked with me to get the painting done to my satisfaction. I will not hesitate to use Andy and his crew again.

Description of Work
Many handyman projects, such as replacing a hot water heater, dishwasher, kitchen disposal, exterior light, reattaching screens, oiling fans. Repair of rotting soffits by roof. Exterior painting. Repairing cracks in plaster ceilings and interior painting.

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

06/29/2014

Andrea V.

The individual was prompt but tried to sell me new garage door openers for $600. The offer said that they would replace the rollers but he said it wasn't necessary on my doors. Everything was fine when he left but within 2 weeks, the door wasn't working again.

Description of Work
Tune up on garage door openers

Category drywall

06/01/2014

Helen T.

Andy is truly outstanding. He spent a great deal of time with us to make sure that we both knew what our project entailed prior to beginning. Once construction began, his crew was punctual, courteous and meticulous ensuring that their work was perfect. Since the completion of this project, both Andy and his crew have stopped by to make sure the window was doing well. One day when Andy's guys were working next door, they even offered to help me unload some heavy bags from my car for a landscaping project. I've used Andy several times over the years on electrical, dry wall, and general carpentry projects in addition to the one I've highlighted here. His work is consistently fantastic.

Description of Work
Replaced a large, greenhouse-style casement window in the kitchen along with several smaller projects around the house.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

05/07/2014

Marcia B.

We're ecstatic with the final results of the work performed. We knew we wanted to cover the soffits in the kitchen with crown molding and the result was even better than we had imagined. Andy's two main workers, Michael and Benton, were courteous, hard working, and trustworthy. They went above and beyond to accommodate my request to relocate the washer and dryer to better facilitate doing laundry.

Description of Work
Installed upgrades in kitchen to include new stone backsplash, porcelain floor crown molding, granite countertop, ceiling and under cabinet lighting. Installed new cabinets in family room bar, and new flooring and cabinets in laundry room. Also provided additional minor handyman services.

Category drywall

02/25/2014

William S.

Beyond our expectations. Andy and his crew were prompt and highly professional. His estimate was a slightly higher than the competitor but I had far more confidence in his technical approach. The drywall work and carpentry (including stain grade crown molding) were superb. He also was vigilant for other problems (e.g. floor squeaks and a wire that had been chewed by a mouse) and took action to make the repairs even though it was not part of the task. He also helped to move furniture, set up an alternate site for my television, and even came back after another contractor laid the carpet to assist in moving the furniture. Their attention to detail was extraordinary - I could not have been more pleased.

Description of Work
Converted Family Room from paneling to drywall with oak woodwork.

Category concrete repair, countertops, drywall, home builders, woodworking

12/28/2012

Jeanette B.

Much of the work was done while we were on vacation and it was nice to return home to a new deck, etc. We generally have and quot;while you are hereand quot; work that we'd like done and Andy graciously takes it on, revising the estimate as we add things. We have no concerns at all and are very pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
Derecho Storm damage to exterior of home. Replaced destroyed deck, pergola, fencing, and repaired minor roof damage. Andy's Home Improvement is our "go to" contractor whenever we have need for building/home renovations as well as whenever we have an emergency situation such as the derecho storm damage. He and his crew made sure there were no issues needing immediate attention and our repairs were placed on his schedule as he had clients during this same period that incurred much more serious damage than our home. The owner, Andy Cashman, is conscientious as are his workers, always checking to ensure the we are happy with whatever they are doing for us at the time.

Category decks, drywall, gutter repair, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

12/17/2012

GARDNER S.

Andy is very good at explaining his schedule and sticking to it. Work was done as expected and mostly on time. Andy's is not the cheapest but work is very good and employees are pleasant.

Description of Work
Powder room vanity, wallpaper removal , painting and misc repairs.

Category drywall, home remodeling, house painters, doors

12/17/2012

Dan C.

The project started out as a floor replacement but soon after Andy got into the project he discovered termite damage to the posts. At that point it became a full deck replacement and the price doubled. All in all Andy and his team did a great job. They always were on time and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Elevated attached Deck 18ft by 10ft replaced and a glass block window installed.

Category deck cleaning

08/30/2012

Julie H.

Andy and his crew exceeded our expectations. Throughout the process Andy and his crew were professional, paid attention to details, and offered suggestions along the way. As a result of their workmanship we have a beautiful new kitchen in just 4 weeks.

Description of Work
Andy and his crew did a complete kitchen remodel including taking one wall down to the studs, updating the electrical, and the plumbing. They installed new drywall, recessed lights, painted the kitchen, hung IKEA cabinets (cost of cabinets not reflected in price above). We subcontracted the floors and counter top so those cost are not reflected. They trimmed out all the cabinets and did the finish work.

Category home builders, home remodeling

08/24/2012

cheryl B.

Andy called back in less than 12 hours -- he was the ONLY contractor that returned my call. He was knowledgeable, gave me ideas, and let me know when he could make it out for an estimate. I was so impressed with the feedback I received over the phone that I told him and quot;let's go ahead and schedule the workand quot;. While Andy was willing to do that, he asked that he come by first; see the work I needed done; and provide me with an estimate. So, we scheduled a date for Andy to meet me the following week. The weekend in between my call to Andy and the scheduled inspection date, was my birthday and my out-of-state brothers paid a surprise visit and performed the work for me as a birthday gift. Consequently, I didn't need Andy to do this work. However, based on Andy's honesty, knowledge, prompt response and follow-up, along with his expertise, Andy's Home Improvement will be my and quot;go-to placeand quot; in the future.

Description of Work
Called Andy's Home Improvement with questions about types of work they will perform and to request an estimate. Work included installing new bathroom ceiling fans; cutting an access panel in a top floor ceiling; framing out & trimming the area; painting the access panel and trim; troubleshooting an attic exhaust fan that was not working; plus other dry wall work.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking

06/22/2012

Kathleen M.

We chose Andy's Home Improvement after receiving several estimates for the work. All the estimates were comparable, and all the companies had good ratings. We went with our instinct, and we are very glad we did. Andy communicated well with us. He and his crew came when they said they would, and worked hard all day, every day that they were here. They were all very professional, organized, and skilled. They told us the work would take approximately one week, and it did. We are very pleased with the work they did, and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Andy's Home Improvement replaced, repaired, and painted the exterior wood trim on our house. He and his team repaired drywall in two rooms and painted both rooms. They installed a ceiling fan in living room, a bathroom exhaust fan, and undercounter lighting in the kitchen, and performed some other minor repairs.

Category drywall, woodworking, ceiling fans, house painters

06/13/2012

Yeworkwha A.

He is a good guy. He was professional and did a good job. I was happy with his work.

Description of Work
He did landscaping work for me by putting in new sod.

Category landscaping

05/08/2012

David C.

The estimate was for a bathroom remodel. Our experience with him was excellent. I thought his pricing was high. We might use him for our project.

Description of Work
We had Andy's Home Improvement give us an estimate a few months ago.

Category home remodeling

01/11/2012

Pennye P.

He did many things to improve the appearance of our house in preparation for sale. He also repaired some doors and did many other jobs.

Description of Work
We have used him several times in the past few years. He does home improvement for our rental property. He arranged for wood flooring to be installed in our hallway, and tile flooring in our kitchen. He repaired our porch. He got our house power washed.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, hardwood floor, woodworking, doors

01/09/2012

JANET B.

All work was very professional and completed as promised.

Description of Work
Andy has replaced my kitchen counters, refurbished the kitchen cabinets, replaced a shower door, did exterior painting, replaced my front porch, did some drywall and rescreened my back porch. I would trust him to do just about anything around my house. Total cost is an estimate of all the work he has done over the last few years.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, decks, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, screen repair, home remodeling, house painters, cabinet refacing, doors

12/13/2011

Jesse W.

He has done a superb work for us. He did a beautiful job of rebuilding the wood pillars. The way that he matched the contour of the previous woodworking was good. He just burned it real well. He just planned the job real well and did a good job of it. It is all down to craftsmanship, and he showed real craftsmanship. If we need to, we would absolutely use him again in the future.

Description of Work
We used the services of Andy's Home Improvement 2 years ago. We had some wood pillars out in front of the house that were decaying, and he rebuilt it for us.

Category woodworking

10/24/2011

MICHAEL L.

I found Andy's Home Improvements, Inc. in Washington Consumers Checkbook and I am glad that I did. Andy and his crew (Mike,Benton and Dean) performed a variety of handyman repairs around my house on September 15th, 2011. Getting an estimate I contacted Andy on 7/24/11 via e-mail requesting an estimate. He responded the following day and we arranged to meet on 8/9/11 at 5:15 PM. Andy arrived early on the date of our appointment. I went over the repairs that I needed to have done and at the end of our conversation Andy said and quot;Give me a week to work on an estimateand quot;. I received a written estimate in the mail on 8/15/2011. The estimate was clear and concise. The estimate itemized the cost of each individual repair and included two options for repairing the rotten wood on the shed door (as per my request). Scheduling a date I left a message with Andy on 8/20/2011 at 3:00 PM. He returned my call on Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 8:23 PM. He said that he had to finish another job and he probably would not be able to do my work until the week of 9/12 or 9/15. We settled on 9/15/2011. The day of the job I received a confirmation call on 9/14/2011 regarding my appointment. Andy and his crew of 3 guys (Mike,Benton and Dean) showed up on 9/15/2011 on time. The guys worked until 3 PM, and completed all of the work in one day. Overall The job went smoothly and was done for less than the original estimate. Communication was great throughout the process. Everyone was professional and courteous. Final Thoughts I was very satisfied with the service and the quality of work that was done by Andy's Home Improvements, Inc. If a need were to arise, I would use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Services performed: Re-install outdoor shutter Drywall repair in 2 places (living room & downstairs closet) Repair of rotten wood on shed door Repair of damaged wood on front door molding Install an access panel where drywall was removed to fix a leak

Category drywall, handyman service

09/08/2011

Brian D.

He was very responsive, arrived promptly and left a clean worksite. He helped us find the parts we needed for a storm door pressure bar ($5) which saved us replacing the whole thing ($200).

Description of Work
drywall repair and storm door repair

Category drywall, doors

07/29/2010

JANET B.

As usual, Andy's company did an outstanding job. Arrived on schedule, completed the work promptly, cleaned up everything and left the porch in great condition.

Description of Work
Replace screening on back porch and replaced some damaged wood.

Category drywall, screen repair

07/29/2010

JANET B.

30 year old doors look almost new. Excellent work.

Description of Work
Refinished all my kitchen cabinet doors.

Category drywall, cabinet refacing

06/24/2010

Jeanette B.

Andy and his workman arrived on time, did what needed to be done and made sure that all debris from the work was removed. This was not a real emergency except in my mind but Andy treated it as such, making sure that it was taken care of quickly. Additionally, since they were repairing the drywall, they asked if we had any nailpops that needed fixing (we did) which they also took care of. We have used this company since 2003 for both minor repairs and major renovation work and have always had a good experience.

Description of Work
Found and repaired leak in 36 year old copper pipe (kitchen ceiling). This entailed cutting a hole in drywall, cutting out and replacing the part of pipe that had developed a pinhole leak. Explaining and showing me where and why the leak occured. Once completed, repaired drywall and meticulously made sure the drywall seams were finished perfectly.

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling

06/11/2010

CLAY H.

Really great. Easy to work with. Good recommendations for sources for sink, countertop, and tile

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling. Countertops, sink, tile backsplash, paint.

Category drywall, handyman service, home remodeling

05/17/2010

Bonnie M.

Andy and his staff are all very polite and responsive. Andy came for a consultation and took measurements, arranged for me to meet with cabinet and countertop suppliers. To save money, I researched and purchased new sink and faucet online. Andy just gave me suggestions for the type of products I should look for. I also contracted separately for flooring and did the painting myself. Andy and his staff worked efficiently and made every effort to minimize the inconvenience of demolition. Andy explained clearly how the process would go and then he or members of his staff always showed up. Andy even took care of some other items around the house such as electrical outlets on back porch and a front door that needed adjustment. Excellent work

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling, new cabinets, plumbing, electrical, new custom door, granite countertop

Category drywall, home remodeling

Living Color Painting & Restoration

Work with you to bring your visions to life. Living Colors Kitchen&Bath is a family owned and operated business specializing in Kitchen and Bath Remodeling. With more than 25 years of experience, we are serving Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC. We are a licensed, insured, and bonded company that goes the distance to provide quality workmanship you can count on.

Mulligans Remodeling

Mulligans remodeling at your service. We are a veteran, woman and minority-owned company that specializes in both residential and commercial renovations. Our primary focus is in painting and hardwood/vinyl floor installations, but we also offer epoxy flooring for garage/outdoor areas.

Solution Painting Inc

Super Service Award winner from 2007-2021! We are a professional painting contractor and home improvement serving Virginia, DC and the surrounding areas. Our company has been the leading painting service provider for the community for more than 20 years. Additional email - office@solutionpaintingva.com. People have learned to associate our name with professionalism and high quality services, and we never disappoint. That is what makes us the preferable choice when it comes to painting companies in the area. We’re a fully licensed, insured and bonded. Count on us for all your painting needs. - Lead Safe "EPA" National Certified Firm Nº: NAT-F109541-1. - BBB Accredited Business. "SOLUTION PAINTING DOES NOT SUBCONTRACT AT ALL"

Offers by Solution Painting Inc on Angi

General Contractor for Residential and Commercial for new construction and remodeling projects. Specializes in bathrooms, kitchens, decks and patios, additions, and general home improvements. Fully licensed and insured.