BLUE SKY LANDSCAPING

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2005

A full service grounds maintenance and installation company, serving Northern Virginia. Excellence in customer service is our top priority and our goal as always is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients. Through excellence and our detail orientated employees, we know that you will

lawn care (169)lawn & landscaping (64)mulch delivering (51)lawn treatment (31)leaf removal (22)tree service (21)hardscaping (17)Patios (6)masonry (6)irrigation system (6)concrete repair (6)fence company (3)

05/11/2022

Alejandro S.

We gave this company multiple opportunities to perform based on their Angi’s ratings even after they did not treat our lawn properly and essentially a combination of grubs plus and excessive spraying of weed killer did massive damage to a lawn we had been looking after meticulously for more than a decade. We also tried to use them for yard work but they charged by the hour and they sent staff who were more focused on complaining about the job they were sent to do and talking on the phone than working on it. This is after waiting for almost a month for them to come. As a result the job took way more hours than needed and we ended up paying a fortune. Overall we had a terrible experience. We do not recommend this provider.

Description of Work
Lawn care and Yard work

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

03/13/2021

Kent W.

I called and the girl that answered said she didn't know where I live which is Hamilton that is about three minutes away from where they are located in Leesburg. She put me on hold to find out if they come out this far and then she never came back on phone. I called back and someone picked up the phone and then hung up on me. Terrible customer service!!!

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Category tree service

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

01/25/2021

Laura A.

Everything went very well. Daniel S. was a great project manager, from responding to my initial request for an estimate, answering all my questions promptly and in-depth, and doing a final walk-through after the project was completed. It's clear that he really cares about the customer experience. I will definitely hire Blue Sky for other projects in the future! Thank you.

Description of Work
We had a natural Weatherface stepper path installed, as well as some general yard clean-up work

Category concrete repair, lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/24/2021

10/27/2020

Laszlo S.

Blue Sky Landscaping continually exceeds my expectations and they are my go-to landscaping company whenever I need to bring in the reinforcements to help with my landscaping needs. I consider myself a weekend warrior and can handle the lawn and some light gardening on my own, but I call upon Matt, Jimmy, and their excellent crew when it comes to tree and stump removal, laying sod, regrading the lawn, aerating the lawn, etc. They always take the time to walk my property with me to review all of my landscaping options, provide ideas for how to make improvements, and are able to execute a plan based off of my timeline and budget. Blue Sky continues to impress me every time I use them as they execute on their deliverables in both time and costs, and provide quality and care in their services. I’ll continue to use them in the future and recommend their robust services.

Description of Work
Yard Cleanup, Grading and Stump Removal, New Sod and Seeding

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, rototilling, tree service

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

05/07/2020

Eric E.

Blue Sky never replied to my request for a quote. That's not normally enough to warrant a poor review in my book, after all most requests I submit through Angie's List don't result in a reply. But in Blue Sky's case, while they didn't bother to reply to my request, they did start sending me spam emails. So to repeat, didn't bother to provide a quote, but added me to their mailing list. This is the least optimum outcome.

Description of Work
Bush removal and planting

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are so very sorry to hear about your experience. We made a mistake on our end and have rectified the error in our system. I apologize for your inconvenience. We strive to provide excellent customer service and we are sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Please contact our office at 703-957-3105 or email us at office@blue-skylandscaping.com at any time. Best regards, -Blue Sky Landscaping Team

03/11/2020

Carl L.

Jim and the team at Blue Sky are amazing professionals who care very much about satisfying the customer. I took several months working with Jim to finalize my design and materials, a timeline that was my choice because I wanted to be sure of every detail. I considered pavers and various stone options and finally decided on travertine with cultured stone walls. Jim was patient and able to help me think through issues relating to drainage, shape, placement of the fire feature, etc. Bobby and Rigo are absolute masters when it comes to stone work. We completed the look with sod that is doing well even though it didn't get planted until early December. I would highly recommend Blue Sky for their willingness to work with the client to fulfill his or her vision at whatever price point is preferred. Jim and the team are also very responsive to questions or details that arise after the job is completed.

Description of Work
Blue Sky worked with me to replace my old deck with the perfect patio, complete with lighted sitting walls and a fire feature. It is a work of art!

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry, drain pipe, patios

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

Review for BLUE SKY LANDSCAPING - 22209 Evergreen Mills Rd, Leesburg, VA - 38438286

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience working with us. It is wonderful to hear that Jim and the Blue Sky team were able to provide you with the excellent experience we strive to provide all our customers. Thank you, once again, for your kind words. We look forward to working with you again in the future. - Blue Sky Landscaping Team

02/04/2020

Neena S.

We had a new patio installed in November. The team was very professional and the project install went smoothly. Hopefully, we will soon get to try out the back patio when Spring arrives. The work was well planned and the work was performed in a very professional manner.

Description of Work
We had a back patio installed

Category lawn service, patios

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience working with us. It is wonderful to hear that Daniel and the Blue Sky team were able to provide you with the excellent experience we strive to provide all our customers. Thank you, once again, for your kind words. We look forward to working with you again in the future. - Blue Sky Landscaping Team

07/27/2019

joan T.

As always, blue sky did a great job and were fast!! We have used them for years and think they do great work!

Description of Work
Weeding, pruning and garden clean-up

Category lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/24/2019

05/10/2019

Bill B.

I have used Blue Sky for years now for lawn services (mowing, weeding, weed treatments) and fall and spring cleanups. They are very professional, prompt and provide excellent work. The office is very responsive. I recommend them highly!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

04/02/2019

Phil N.

I have used Blue Sky Landscaping for four years and they have been exceptional. This year, after back surgery, I was unable to do many of the tasks that I like to do in the yard. The Blue Sky team came out and did these tasks and many others. The work was detailed, professional, and (I hate to admit) better than I would have done. They provide high value for the money, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for superior work on their property.

Description of Work
Yard maintenance

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

01/04/2019

Laurie B.

Blue Sky Landscaping did a wonderful job trimming my crape myrtles. Much better than I have ever been able to do. Also In late summer they removed several more very large trees that had become problematic and ground down the stumps. Again, great work - professional, on time, cleaned up after.

Description of Work
Trimming Crape Myrtle Trees and Removing Several Very Large Trees

Category lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 12/19/2018

11/12/2018

Kate H.

Wonderful job. Very professional and the patio is a work of art.

Description of Work
New patio installed

Category decks, patios

Work Completed On 08/13/2018

11/04/2018

Tim G.

We recently hired Blue Sky Landscaping to aerate our lawn for autumn and put down a layer of lime & compost. Overall, the project concluded well and we will hire them again. This is especially true because they have proven that the company upholds a high standard of customer satisfaction. We originally used Angie's List to solicit bids from 3-4 highly ranked yard experts. Blue Sky responded within 24 hours with a reasonable quote. I signed the contract and returned via email. Connie replied that Blue Sky would contact me "a few" days before their arrival. A week or so later, my wife called me at work asking why a group men were in front of our house unloading their aeration machines. She was about to start her own workday and didn't have time to monitor the work. I immediately called Connie at the Blue Sky office asking whether her team was at my house, and if so, why didn't I receive any notification? Connie admitted that it was her field team and apologized for not providing proper notification. Later that day, I returned home from work and immediately walked the yard to inspect the aeration. The compost and lime were noticeable and spread evenly. But as I walked the yard, I struggled to find aeration plugs (the cylinder of soil that is pulled out by the aerator). At first, I wondered if the Blue Sky forgot to aerate... but after finding a few plugs in the side yard, I decided that the aeration just didn't work out very well. It may have been that the ground was too wet. I called Kate at the Blue Sky office to discuss the situation and she immediately jumped into action. She rescheduled her team for another aeration attempt on the day & time of my choosing. The field team arrived on schedule and had much better success the 2nd time! The yard looks great and will be healthier for the coming year.

Description of Work
Lawn aeration, compost and lime treatments

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

07/17/2018

Margaret L.

It was excellent in every way. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Patio installed

Category decks

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

05/10/2018

Kathy C.

Everything was fixed quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system repsir

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

10/02/2017

Jason V.

Scheduling the service was relatively easy. Mostly back/forth via email. However, my complaint here is they were noncommittal on scheduling. Now, they ultimately aerated during the week I requested, but at the time of scheduling they said that should work, we'll contact you a few days prior. I had other lawn maintenance I needed to do on specific weekends when I had time so getting the aeration done prior to that was key. It worked out on the timeframe, but it should've been easy to commit to a specific week. When the guys did the aeration one of them turned the machine perpendicular to a hill in my lawn and put all the weight on one wheel of the machine and then tore up 15' of my yard doing that. When I contacted them they came out to repair. Repair is really just rake, seed, compost. Now I have to grow seed in an area that was well established so now I'm doing extra work for something I paid for. Bad experience. This is just common sense. There were other areas where the aeration damaged the lawn because of the guy running it. Lots of plugs clumped together, mashed flat from the roller, or just generally torn up from where they hit some uneven terrain. I do 90% of my own landscaping and the quality and care just wasn't there for Blue Sky. I'll try a different landscaper for aeration next year.

Description of Work
Blue Sky aerated my lawn. The lawn is about 8k square feet.

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

Review for BLUE SKY LANDSCAPING - 22209 Evergreen Mills Rd, Leesburg, VA - 36340038

09/14/2017

David L.

Extraordinary performance and genuine care for a job well done. The men they send are knowledgeable, caring and accommodating. You will have one less thing to worry about when you use them. They are dependable and always come when they are supposed to.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn cutting and bed and weed removal.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, rototilling

Work Completed On 09/14/2017

09/12/2017

Jane H.

Awful! And they don't care. Don't see this company lasting unless they change their ways!

Description of Work
We have been using Blue Sky for five an a half years. Yesterday we told them that we would no longer be needed their service. Apparently Michelle and her husband sold their business this year to someone else. We started having problems in the spring and had to keep calling to have things corrected. Finally about a month ago ago I called and insisted on talking to Michelle which I was finally informed that she was no longer with the company. We have paid for treatments to be done to our lawn that we have never had to do in the past and our lawn looks worse than it has ever in the time we have lived here. The people who took over don't care. Please do not waste your money!

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

Unfortunately, this is False and unfounded information. We are a family owned business whose goal is to exceed our clients' expectations in quality service. In over 18 years of business, the ownership and management has not changed. Michelle worked in our office as an employee for several years before leaving us recently to pursue her own interests. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service. Your lawn developed a fungus and was treated appropriately. Now is the time to seed your lawn to repair the damage. Unfortunately, you discontinued service before seeding was performed.

08/28/2017

louis B.

Great. Whole yard is much improved. Very responsive and finished on time.

Description of Work
Clearing brush and landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

06/22/2017

David R.

They do it weekly. We have been using them for a couple of years now.

Description of Work
We use them for mowing, mulch and stuff like that.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

06/11/2017

Bradley M.

Great. I was late in the spring to sign them on but they got right to it and started weekly mowing. They did the trimming, weeding and Mulching June 2nd -- I have a HUGE amount to mulch -- and they did a great job, were courteous, and cleaned up well afterwards.

Description of Work
Full Service lawn and garden maintenance

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

Hello [Member Name Removed] We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. Our customers are important to us, as we strive to do the best we can for them at all times. We look forward to working with you for years to come! Sincerely The Blue Sky Landscaping Team.

05/08/2017

Ben W.

They never called me back after 3 phone calls. Must've been a busy time of year (??)

Description of Work
Mulch, weeding and edging

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed] Unfortunately you may have us confused with another company. Our records show that we received only one call, from a number ending in 5784, on March 21st at 12.24pm, with the conversation lasting 2 minutes and 4 seconds. We hope this resolves any confusion. Thank you.