DISTRICT SHADE SHOP INC

Founded 1948 • With Angi since March 2007

Persnickety Maids

Persnickety Maids

We are your local neighborhood cleaning service. We make it our first priority to provide premium quality cleaning services at affordable prices. You deserve to come home to a clean, fresh home. We specialize in residential cleaning, commercial cleaning, small offices, construction clean-up, move-in and move-out cleans, and deep cleaning.

06/28/2012

I received the shades more than a month after I ordered them. I never received the top covers for the blinds, as promised. I am very disappointed since I am a return customer and I had recommended DC Shades to a number of friends. I feel the owner repeatedly lied to me. I will never use this company again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Very disappointing experience, especially given I have used DC Shades before I liked them. I never received the product I was promised, the company is not returning my calls, so I assume that they have no intention of deliver the promised items. I had contacted DC Shades for new shades in our guest bedroom. I also wanted top covers for 3 sets of wood blinds that DC Shade had installed in the past on a staircase. The price of the shades were higher than other quote, but I was told I could have the top covers for free, since they should have been installed the first time. So I went with DC Shades because I would get the top covers as well. I ordered the shades on May 5. By June 6, I had not heard back, so I called. I was told that they just got the shades in the day before (ONE FULL MONTH after I ordered them). The day before the owner was coming out to install the shades, I called to check to make sure that they top covers were there as well. He assured me he would check to make sure. He showed up with only one box, and the top covers were not there. I was then told that the top covered had arrived in another box, that he had forgotten. He promised to bring out the top covers two days later, and if he couldn't find them, he would call. I stupidly believed him, and paid the bill. Well, that is the last I have ever heard from him. I have called to times about the top covers and left messages. My phone calls have not been returned.

10/11/2011

The representatie was on time and did all the measuring. But then they never gave me an estimate. I never heard from them again. Since I had the same expereince with another outfit, I didn't bother to follow up either and moved on to another store.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had them come out and measure to provide me with an estimate on getting new blinds for four windows in my apartment.

10/06/2009

A friend of my mine highly recommended District Shades Shop, and I had a great experience. I liked the high level of customer service, along with the very competitive prices. I liked the owner's honesty. He first showed me the cheaper blinds, and then showed me the more expensive ones. He recommended the cheaper products, and did not in any way try to push me into buying more expensive than necess...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed new blinds and shades for the whole house. I wanted wood blinds in downstairs rooms and wanted to find a good match with the existing wood word. Upstairs I was looking for shades for the bedroom windows that would make the rooms dark. I scheduled a time for the owner of District Shade Shop to come to our home with samples. He arrived on time. He was very organized, had a nice selection, competitive prices, and offered good advice. We decided on the blinds and shades, he calculated the total costs (no hidden fees) which included everything: measurements, installation, and taxes. I found their prices quite competitive with large retailers. The shades and blinds were ready about one week later, and District Shade Shop installed them for me. The person who installed them was very nice, and did a great job. The shades and blinds were perfectly aligned.

11/24/2008

Not so well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They made shades for us out of fabric we provided, but delivered the shades with different hardware than we agreed on. Only after much back-and-forth, and with us doing research to find a supplier who could provide the hardware they promised, did they re-do the work as it was supposed to done the first time.

09/29/2008

They were excellent. They were two really big shades.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They cleaned my mini blinds.

CATEGORY blind cleaning

WBLINDS. COLOR INDOW TREATMENTS- CLEAN AND . MEASURING. SOLAR SCREEN. SUN SCREEN AND MOTORIZED SHADINGS. TOP DOWN - BOTTOM UP SHADES.