A-1 CONCRETE LEVELING

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2007

2070 Rock Hill Road

Herndon, VA 20171

A-1 Concrete Leveling lifts and levels concrete instead of removing and replacement. Typically saves 50%-75% over removal/replacement. Free Estimates, professional employees.

Thomas M.
07/10/2018
Mark was very up front on what result he might be able a achieve, which I really appreciated. And, the result he did achieve was OUTSTANDING!!! Not cheap but well worth the results!
Description of Work
Leveled large concrete slabs on patio.
Jennifer V.
12/30/2017
I was very pleased with the whole process of working with A-1 Concrete Leveling. I contacted several companies about the work (and received many different assessments, prices, proposals on how to solve my issues) before making my selection, but I made the right choice with this company. I was not able to meet Mark when he came by to check out my driveway and walkway, initially, which is something I usually like to do with new contractors. But, Mark came when he said he would and left an estimate, drawing and details for me to review. I then corresponded with him by email several times to ask follow-up questions, to which he efficiently replied with more information. I felt comfortable knowing what to expect and also that I needed to be mindful of upcoming freezing temperatures during which the work could not be performed. When I finally made my decision in late November and informed Mark, he promptly added me to the schedule. On the day of the work, two crew members showed up during the timeframe I was promised and began prepping things. I discussed the scope of work with one crew member. Communication was easy and I felt listened to. Shortly thereafter, Mark arrived on-site and he went over things with me. He was very professional and personable. He stayed at the job for the next couple of hours while the concrete was lifted. The crew finished after he left and also within the timeframe quoted. When I saw the results, I was extremely pleased. It met my expectations and they had solved our problems. Our walkway tripping hazard was no more. The sunken gap between our driveway and house/garage was gone. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs similar work done as they deliver high quality results, good customer service and are responsive.
Description of Work
I needed to lift and level a slab of my concrete driveway closest to my garage as well as two sections of my walkway. I also had cracks in the driveway caulked.
Jody L C.
11/28/2017
Outstanding job. Very quick turnaround and completed the project in less than one day,
Description of Work
Our front sidewalk was sinking along with the front "stoop" in leading to our front entry way door.
Jody L C.
11/28/2017
Very satisfied! Arrived on time, completed the work professionally, cleaned up after the job was complete. We could not be happier. Highly recommend!
Description of Work
Our walkway and front steps had settled over the years. We learned about concrete leveling techniques and received quotes from several contractors and choose A-1 because of their responsiveness, knowledge, warranty and price (in that order).
Heather M.
11/16/2017
Excellent! Great people to work with - very happy with the result.
Description of Work
Leveling of concrete driveway and porch.
Sean K.
08/28/2017
A-1 Concrete Leveling did an outstanding job. Mark was timely and very professional. I first contacted him through the website and he provided a rough estimate based on the information I provided. He then did a site visit and provided a formal written estimate. He was able to schedule me within the week, showed up on time, and worked quickly. We were very pleased with the leveled steps and I strongly recommend him.
Description of Work
Our concrete walkway leading to the front door sunk into the ground causing cracks and a steep grade
Katharine M.
05/24/2017
They came and examined the scope of work and gave me an estimate . I was told there could be an additional 400 required if they found the empty space underneath the pool deck to be larger than they anticipated. The day of our appointment, they came in and very efficiently and neatly repaired our sunken pool deck. The total cost of our bill was the exact amount of the estimate. We will defiantly use them again and recommend them to anyone that asks.
Description of Work
Leveled a section of the pool deck.
Tyler D.
05/01/2017
Did not use services. First response was immediate. After providing information that was requested I did not receive a reply whatsoever for over a month. I called, emailed, and sent a request form in multiple times in that time period.
Description of Work
Needed front slab lifted,
Jeanne G.
04/19/2017
I submitted a request for estimate via website and attached photos - very straightforward process. Mark was responsive and professional, answering my many questions and keeping me updated with the progress (we had to reschedule once due to rain). Price was a bit higher than other companies I contacted, however this was more than made up for with Mark's outstanding customer service, he obviously knows what he's talking about and stands behind his work which is warrantied as well. Thank you, Mark.
Description of Work
Mudjacking/leveling of top portion of concrete driveway, which had sunk on both sides.
concrete driveways, mudjacking
Tom B.
05/18/2016
I didn't get a response from A-1 until I sent in photos. Once I did, they were very quick to reply. They said there was crack in slab and that they couldn't help me. They recommended pouring a new driveway to resolve the issues.
Description of Work
Reviewed photos I sent of driveway I was hoping to have leveled.
concrete driveways
Laura H.
04/16/2016
Within 4 days of my initial contact with Mark, he and one of his team came to my home ready to perform the work. It was done quickly and they even added some dirt and grass seeds in an adjacent area to correct the slope. Mark noticed that underneath my porch was a large void, and suggested filling it as well. Seeing a neighbor's porch starting to move a bit away from the front of his house was all I needed to agree to that additional cost. All was cleaned up and completed in short order. I hope to not need this type of work again, but if I should, it'll be Mark's company that I'll hire.
Description of Work
There was a gap below the bottom step of my front porch and the short walkway leading to my townhouse. I had assumed that some cement or concrete could just be used to fill in the gap, but Mark explained that the real problem was the settling of the ground beneath the sidewalk and that the slab would need to be raised instead. I submitted a photo of the area, and unbeknownst to me, Mark came by to see it in person in order to provide me with an estimate of $900. I received both an e-mail and a return phone call.
concrete repair
David C.
11/12/2015
I'm not sure where these contractor get these prices from, clearly they pay themselves as much as they wish, judging from the verbal quote for one concrete step for over $800. I can't imagine how much they may overcharge on other projects.
Description of Work
No service was done. We felt that their quote was far too high for the construction of just one step. $800+ for one concrete step???? No way. We hired someone else and we'd hire him again!
Nancy M.
09/14/2015
I never got a response and I will be trying other companies.
Description of Work
I called and emailed this company.
Roy K.
08/21/2015
Excellent Job! Crew was on time, very professional, and cleaned the entire area after work was completed. Job came in under budget and received an Angie's list discount.
Description of Work
raised sidewalk concrete slab to bring up to the correct height with the bottom step. Leveled a lower sidewalk slab to eliminate a trip hazard.
Beth Z.
08/07/2015
I contacted this company via e-mail and they asked for pictures.. I did e-mail pics the next day and have yet to hear back from them. Not good business
Description of Work
i asked for a quote on concrete repair for my front porch & walkway
Brian B.
06/01/2015
Note - they are very busy, so get on their list early as once Spring hits they are hard to get. Due to weather, the job got rescheduled a few times ( no problem really), but they came out and did an awesome job. The concrete was level, flush with the sidewalk and none of my landscaping was damaged in the process. I was not home for the work, but everything was back in place/ and clean when I arrived Friday evening. I was able to pay with my credit card and Mark informed me of another issue he noticed regarding my storm drain. A good heads up which I appreciated. Overall, a very good experience. Note - they need access to a hose bib and electricity to execute the leveling. All my utilities were off and back in proper order.
Description of Work
My entire front walkway (multiple steps, going down hill from my front door towards the sidewalk) was essentially sinking in a V-pattern. Mark came out in Feb. 2015 to provide a detailed quote.
Richard B.
05/23/2015
About two years ago the concrete porch on my 42 year old house developed a crack probably due to soil settling beneath it. At first it was just a minor crack but it eventually expanded causing the porch to sag about 2.5 inches in the middle. The fact that the porch has three columns that supports a substantial gabled overhang made this major concern. I did some checking and found it would cost between six and eight thousand dollars to replace the porch. While researching other options, I came across a process called mudjacking. The process entails strategically drilling holes in the affected slab and pumping in slurry which then lifts the slab. The slurry eventually hardens providing a stable substrate beneath for the slab. After researching some companies I contacted A1 Concrete Leveling. Mark Howley came to my home and did an evaluation and determined mudjacking would work. The following week Mark arrived on schedule. In about 4 hours he leveled the slab, filled in the cracks, ground the holes he drilled flush with the surface and completely cleaned the area. I am pleased with the work especially considering it cost me substantially less than what replacing the slab would have set me back.
Description of Work
Using a mudjacking process leveled a cracked concrete porch.
Geoffrey H.
12/19/2014
Contacted A-1 through Angies List to get a free estimate on leveling a concrete pathway between my front door and driveway. I live in Ashburn just down the road from Herndon. Provided a description of the work to be done as well as photos. Never received an acknowledgement or estimate. Two weeks later, contacted A-1 through their website, and provided the same information. One month later, still waiting for a response. They are obviously not interested in my business. If you get a response, good luck to you.
Description of Work
Nothing
Elizabeth W.
12/08/2014
Mark and his staff were incredibly responsive, efficient, professional and patient with our job. They were on the job at our home for a full two days, due to their being much more "filling" needed than anticipated. We also had a serious animal situation, as these large voids that were filled were home to many critters over the years, including a skunk that did not want to leave when this work was done! It took a full three truckloads of material to fill these significant holes under our garage foundation. Mark and his crew patiently drilled many holes and pumped and pumped and pumped until all of the holes were filled, then filled the holes that were drilled in the foundation. If someone wasn't looking really, really hard, they never know this procedure had been performed as they filled the drill holes expertly and cleaned up everything to restore it all to it's original state. We're grateful that we didn't find out too late that these large voids existed, as we had no idea and even Mark, the owner, had no idea that the situation could have been as bad as it was. Our home was built in the mid-70's, before footings were required as they are today. Thanks to Mark and A-1 Concrete Levelling, we now have peace of mind that at least for now and many years to come, we don't have to worry about a serious garage foundation problem. Too bad for all those critters who are now looking for new homes!
Description of Work
Filled large voids under our one car garage, located on a hill that was washing away over many years..
Craig A.
11/19/2014
My front porch had tilted quite a bit over the past 20 years. They pumped a limestone compound under it while using a pry bar to move it towards level. My front porch is a solid concrete block covered with brick. A couple of brick came off while they were leveling the porch. They reattached them. They also filled the small gap between the porch and the house. The finished job was just what we wanted.
Description of Work
They levelled my front porch.
Christopher G.
11/15/2014
This was a project that I thought was beyond repair. In one of the monthly Angie's List monthly booklets noticed A-1 Concrete Leveling and gave them a call. From the initial evaluation to the completion of the job, these guys were awesome. The owner really takes the time to explain the issues and what needs to be done to correct it. I am very pleased with the results, the price and the professionalism. Thanks Angie's List formhooking me up with a perfect service provider.
Description of Work
We had a portions of the cement stairs sinking along with a large cavity growing. A-1 did an awesome job fixing the issue. Totally pleased with their services, communication, price and professionalism. Obviously I would recommend there service.
WILLIAM N.
10/30/2014
It was a great experience. Got the estimate and had to hold off for a bit, but once we were ready, they were out within a week. What a great product. Save a lot of money not having to break up the existing slab and repour it.
Description of Work
Leveled patio slab and sidewalk
Karen B.
10/01/2014
On September 10, I contacted A-1 Concrete Leveling for an estimate to stabilize our bricked-over, cement carport that was cracked and probably somewhat hollow under it. Our home is over 50 years old, and we know some dirt has been washed away underneath the cement. We had bricked over the cement in the carport many years ago, and now there were cracks in the brickwork. Mark Howley immediately responded to email, indicating that this is a common issue with older homes and one that he can correct. He said that I would not need to be at home for an estimate and asked if it would be o.k. to look at the carport if no one is home. This avoided an issue of me leaving work to meet with a contractor for an estimate. He reviewed the situation that afternoon, gave a reasonable estimate with no deposit required, and confirmed that Angie's List customers receive a 5% discount. I was put on his schedule for September 24 for the work to be done. His company arrived on time, completed stabilizing the carport, and efficiently cleaned up afterward. A-1 Concrete Leveling has relieved my fear of finding my car in a sink hole one day. Mark's pleasantness, efficiency, and personal customer service was absolutely refreshing. I can highly recommend this company.
Description of Work
Stabilized cracked and sinking portions of carport.
Stephen L.
09/29/2014
I got a quote from A-1 Concrete Leveling for leveling one slab of concrete. The quote was very high. My interaction with them was via e-mail. They were very quick to respond. There was no wait. There was a response within 48-hours. I would consider them for future quotes.
Description of Work
I got a quote from A-1 Concrete Leveling for leveling one slab of concrete.
Maura C.
09/23/2014
The team arrived on time and began promptly on the work to be done at my home. They willingly explained the process to me whenever I had questions. While a quote had been provided in advance, the actual needs of filling the gap required additional materials and a new quote was provided that was satisfactory. The work went smoothly and the clean up process was excellent. I am very satisfied with the work done and would definitely use this company again.
Description of Work
A-1 Concrete Leveling helped to fill the gap below an existing walkway after the earth below it settled. The process provided needed support to the concrete walkway leading to a brick step entrance so that the walkway would not crack and collapse with time. The seams of the walkway and brick steps were redone and the plugs drilled for the process were filled. Clay was laid along the walkway to help begin to build up the earth grade to the surface of the walkway. Further work to lay soil and seed over the clay areas to help address the elevation settling will be done by the homeowner.