S G WOODWORKS

Founded 2004 • With Angi since October 2007

Woman-owned and operated. S G Woodworks specializes in upholstery, antique and contemporary furniture restoration, and custom commercial and hospitality projects. NO SUBS. TRAVEL CHARGES MAY APPLY. NO SERVICE FEES. MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL....

HI Quality Woodwork

HI Quality Woodwork

05/05/2018

Response to calls was very quick. Got the job done in promised time. Good work on the refinish.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Redo Dresser

03/20/2016

Sarah is talented and passionate towards old furniture and interesting woodwork in general!  I spoke to her assistant over the phone prior to dropping the piece off at her workshop. On the phone, they actually wanted to have a conversation about why I needed them as opposed to the standard "what do you want?" kind of greeting I received elsewhere.  (Note: she offered to do a pick up and delivery o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sarah repaired a dining room table for me.  The wood pedestal that held up the tabletop had split in three when we were moving. It's my mom's so it was important to get it fixed.

02/08/2016

Excellent experience. Provided professional service with a great attitude and got the problem taken care of.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Relayed my antique lock on my front door. Couldn't rekeying so gave us new workings for the lock.

04/22/2015

Sarah was great!  Came by, inspected the bed, found some previous repairs that had not been done well.  Took apart the bed and transported it to her shop.  Repaired broken pieces and replaced interior wood pieces and hardware to make the bed like new again.  Came back and reassembled the bed (not easy, since it was Scandinavian design from 30 years ago!).  All in all, a great job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired a platform bed.

CATEGORY furniture repair,woodworking

10/23/2014

Sarah was great to work with from start to finish.  She responded pretty quickly when I first called her.  She told me honestly that she had not done exactly this type of job before but then did some research to see what kinds of products and techniques would work well in the setting (the door gets direct, unfiltered, late-day sun).  She arrived to start work when she said she would, was very flex...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sanded, stained and refinished the exterior of two custom wooden front doors.  She also polished and waxed the large copper door handles.

CATEGORY furniture repair

ANTIQUE AND CONTEMPORARY FURNITURE RESTORATION, MODIFICATION, CONSERVATION, AND CONSTRUCTION

AUTOMOTIVE UPHOLSTERY.