We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Professional Home Services

Founded 1997 • With Angi since November 2006

2403 Capehart Rd

Henrico, VA 23294

Established in 1997 to serve homeowners in the Greater Richmond (Virginia) area, Professional Home Services specializes in replacement windows, maintenance free vinyl siding, roofing, decks and doors, and other home improvement projects. ABOUT THE OWNER: A former Wall Street stockbroker, Michael Gundersen took to the home improvement industry in 1991 after realizing his enjoyment for face-to-face interaction – especially with homeowners like himself. He then gained invaluable experience in home improvement, first learning the trade of installing windows and siding. And in 1997, after gaining the respect and trust of others in the home improvement industry, he founded Professional Home Services, where his aptitude for detail and his own expectations as a homeowner would aid in bringing local homeowner’s top-notch home improvement. Gundersen works closely with local distributors to provide clients the best-possible quality products, and his team of highly skilled, qualified professionals strive to meet the expectations of customers of Professional Home Services. As he communicates every detail of his customers’ expectations with his team, he personally oversees the completion of each project. Owner-operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Locally owned and operated. No high pressure sales tactics. One fair, honest price up front. No obligation. Free estimates. Financing available. Additional email - prohomeva@aol.com www.pro-home,com 804 216 5924...

02/27/2021

Deborah B.

I am so glad I selected Professional Home Services. Mike and his crew conduct themselves in a professional manner from beginning to the end. They really know their stuff when it comes to roofing and other home repairs. After replacing my roof almost a year later I had another issue, my gutter fell due to a snow storm. I called Mike and he was there to help in no time. The quality of the work was very impressive. When it came to being prompt, honestly and professionalism, I could have not choose a better contractor. Deborah B.

Description of Work
Roof replacement and gutter repair

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/26/2021

Crystal G.

I met with Mike Gundersen from Professional Home Services about a month ago. He came to my door wearing a mask and gave me a blue folder with business information. The estimate only took 20 minutes as he promised. He didn’t try to enter my house or pressure me. He gave me a price for my roof and my back sliding glass door. I got a few more estimates but decided that I was most comfortable with Mike. The roof looks amazing and I am happy I can open my back door! Mike and his team did an excellent job, everyone was very courteous and professional. Looking forward to having my windows done in the future.

Description of Work
Roofing, Carpentry - Woodworking, Doors

Category roofing, woodworking, doors

01/22/2021

Sandy L.

They called immediately and promise to send a quote. I never received one. I left them a message and got no response.

Description of Work
Sliding Glass Door

Category doors

07/07/2019

SPENCER C.

The handy man came to my house and gave me an estimated cost. I approved and I never saw or heard from him again.10

Description of Work
Aluminum siding repair

Category handyman service, siding

You have confused us with a different handyman service. Mr. Handyman of Richmond works on a service call/time and materials basis. All scheduling is handled by our Client Concierge and we have no record of your name or address in our system. Our technicians arrive in uniform and in a clearly marked van. We're sorry to hear you had this experience with another handyman. Please give our office a call if we can help you.

01/29/2019

Andrew L.

Last April we had all 10 major windows replaced in our old 1923 home by Mike with Professional Home Services. He was prompt and upfront with meetings and quotes/pricing. We checked about 7 companies in town and he had the best price. We were very pleased with the work and the end result. Would recommend them. Also we used the AngiesList coupon as well.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure working on your project. Our team members really do appreciate when they are recognized by the home owner for a job well done. We are glad that the coupon helped! Thanks again for your business and the wonderful review. PHS

05/21/2018

karen A.

The price was substantially lower then other quotes. Mike and his crew did a fantastic job on our shed. We are thrilled!!! It matches our house perfectly and upped the curb appeal big time. Mike made sure we were happy, kept us informed throughout the project, and started/finished on time. We highly recommend Professional Home Services and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding install for 500 sq ft shed

Category siding

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure working on your project. Our team members really do appreciate when they are recognized by the home owner for a job well done. Thank again for your business and the wonderful review. PHS

05/16/2018

Bruce W.

Key word Awesome and Pleased. The price quoted was by far the best quoted, and let me tell you after dealing with a family member who screwed me out of alot of money fifteen years ago I was skeptical to deal with anyone, so I got about 15 different quotes. I will start by saying Mike was great to deal with, explained everything, and reassured my wife and I on everything. Mike’s entire team was a pleasure to deal with and were very professional. Mike started the job earlier than stated, and went above and beyond to keep in contact, explain things during process, provide pictures during the phases when we could not be available on site, move quickly on any concerns, and just go above and beyond to make sure we were completely satisfied. So with that said we would, and will talk this guy and his company up every chance we get. If you want a project done, and done right Mike and his team is who you should choose. If you want to see before and after pictures Mike is welcome to show them, or I will provide if needed. Mike thanks for everything, and we are 150% satisfied with everything done. Really appreciate the professionalism, and attention to detail.

Description of Work
Replace Roof, Gutters, Siding, Trim, and Deck on home

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding

10/22/2017

Catherine C.

Owners have compassionate towards the job done. They have low prices and have very good knowledge. Give them a job

Description of Work
Roofing quote

Thank you.......for choosing" Professional Home Services" for your roofing project. We appreciate you taking the time to review our team. We hope we can help with future projects.

09/20/2017

Bob N.

Great. Work was completed as requested. Good communication throughout the project. Final review by Mike G.at the completion. Planning on having them do additional work

Description of Work
Siding and windows

Category siding, replacement windows

07/21/2016

Linda Lee P.

I will tell you that EVERY job that was done was NOT good but but it was (( EXCELLENT )) !!! and TOTALLY PROFESSIONALLY handled by a professional !!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Mike Gundersen the owner of ( Professional Home Services ) sent one of his workmen to my house to do some work and his name is ( William Cummings ) whom goes by the name of ( Chris ) and I want to tell you that I have NEVER been S - - O impressed with any man that works in this line of work because he worked non-stop and I will tell you that I am NOT easily impressed nor do I give compliments freely b - u - t this man did not just do a good job he did an (( EXCELLENT JOB ) ) and I know that when Mike Gundersen sent him out to my home he knew that this man would do an EXCELLENT job and if ALL of Mike Gundersen's workmen come close to ( William Cummings ) / ( Chris ) 's workmanship then this company can go no where but to the very TOP !!! and they both have a G-R-E-A-T attitude when you ask them questions !!!!! I will only call and recommend ( Professional Home Services ) to do ALL of the work I need in the future and I will also refer this company to EVERYONE that needs work done around their house !!!! I also want to add that they also give you F-A-I-R prices and they do NOT take advantage of women that live alone like a lot of companies out there that do this same type of work but that's why they did not get the job and this company did and will continue to get the jobs I need to have done forever !!!!!

Category handyman service, roofing, woodworking

07/20/2016

Erin A.

The team at Professional Home Services did a wonderful job replacing our old wood siding and porches with new vinyl siding and porch railings, along with wrapping our windows, and replacing gutters. The owner responded to our phone call quickly and the work started on time. He also stopped by to look over everything as the work was being done and to see if we had any questions. The quality of the work is great and it looks like a new house!

Description of Work
Vinyl Siding

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

03/30/2016

Michelle D.

After sending a message through Angie's List, I received a call back almost immediately asking for the details about the french doors we wanted to have installed. I was supposed to receive a rough quote/estimate within the next couple of days, but waited over a week with no response. I called to follow-up and was told that their assistant was supposed to send the quote, and that I would have a quote before the end of the day. 2 days later, I received a simple quote with hardly any details. The price was fair, so I called to have them come out and measure, discuss options, and get an actual cost...but my message was never returned. They lost a potential customer due to lack of response; we'll take our money elsewhere.

Description of Work
Quote on French Door install

Category replacement windows, doors

02/02/2016

Trisha P.

Mr Gundersen came out and performed and estimate abput a month before the job. He was very prompt and professional. He was also very prompt with getting back to us with the numbers. We scheduled the job, his crew was very prompt, efficient and professional. It's been almost 3 years and we still couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Description of Work
Replaced windows and siding

10/03/2015

Cheri S.

Great! They came, did an excellent job, were pleasant and respectful. Clean-up was good also.

Description of Work
Removed shingles, undercoating and replaced with new GAF shingle.

Category roofing, replacement windows

09/02/2015

Marla C.

Foreman, Salvatore Bravo & crew very courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. Mike, Owner checked in periodically but always accessible Both answered all questions Started on Tuesday and completed on Friday

Description of Work
Installed vinyl siding & trim

Category siding, replacement windows

07/15/2015

George & Betsy C.

Everything was perfect from the beginning of the project to the end! The owner of the company was so proactive and always offered wonderful suggestions to make everything look great. He answered any questions and explained the procedures. The employees were very professional and did an excellent job! They always left the site so clean that it did not even look like we were having work done on the house. The siding is beautiful and a top grade product! The roof looks great, too! I can't say enough about the wonderful customer service from Professional Home Services! They definitely go the extra, extra mile for their clients to make sure they are happy. I would suggest this company far above any other company in the area. They truly are the BEST in customer service and top notch products!

Description of Work
Roof, siding, etc.

06/26/2015

Paul R.

We have 3 dormer windows that needed to be replaced due to some rotting wood surround that we noticed. After a local handyman made a disaster of getting into one of the windows, on top of being rude, disrespectful of our home, and entirely unprofessional, we called Professional Home Services. Could not be more pleased!!! The owner, Mike, is fabulous! He was courteous and just so professional. On top of being super experienced and knowledgeable, he priced our job very well and was on the ball from the get go. I could not feel any better about wokring with him. From the moment he arrived to do a quote, he removed his shoes at the front door without being asked or prompted (since he was going upstairs and throughout the house), and he sat down and explained the details of the process without condescension or irritatingly high level jargon. In consideration of the July 4th holiday, we determined installation would be tentatively scheduled for the 2nd week of July... Mike and his crew installed our windows 2 weeks early, today. He really hustles.. right out there working with his crew, helping them to do the best possible job. They communicated well, were friendly, and respected our home. They cleaned meticulously during and after the job, and spent time inspecting the yard to ensure no nails or parts were left behind. They worked quickly and efficiently, especially knowing we had a baby to go down for afternoon nap. From start to finish, this whole experience was just so so positive for us. Many thanks to AL for leading us to these folks - we will absolutely use Mike for future work at our house.

Description of Work
replaced 3 upstairs windows. involved some wood repair due to wood rot.

Category contractors, handyman service, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

05/04/2015

Kathrin B.

Mike and his crew did an excellent job and the house looks great. We've received compliments from our neighbors across the street as well. Would recommend anyone looking for a fair price, good workmanship and personable interaction with a contractor who keeps his word.

Description of Work
Removed aluminum siding, shutters and old rain gutters; installed new vinyl siding, shutters and rain gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

03/03/2015

Kyle H.

Went very well from start to finish. Mike did exactly what he said he was going to do, and kept me informed throughout the entire process. I would definitely use Professional Home Services for future projects

Description of Work
Removed an old exterior window and purchased and installed a set of 6' french doors in it its place. Installed new gutters and downspouts on the house.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows, doors

01/19/2015

Robert M.

Mike was terrific, very professional, friendly and provided quick scheduling for project. Final product is great, fixed all issues we were having.

Category gutter repair

12/31/2014

Alison W.

Mike (owner) was great to work with, very responsive. A few days after I signed up, I changed my mind on the type of storm door I wanted. I called Mike and "No problem", he took care of everything and found me the door I wanted. He showed up with the crew on the day of the work, which I appreciate greatly. He had to leave for another appointment but came back to oversee the work to completion (not that he had to as his team was friendly and responsive as well). There was one issue with the door sweep on one of the storm doors, Mike and the crew came up with a solution, sent a crew member immediately to hardware store and got the sweep fixed that day. Mike even agreed to fix all the trim around one of the exterior doors, at no extra cost. I would recommend Mike to any and all.

Description of Work
Replaced exterior back door, two storm doors, and exterior door to back shed. Cost includes all 4 doors.

12/19/2014

Gloria V.

I was contacted in the message portion of Angie's List by Mike Gunderson. We wrote back and forth a few times and finally settled on a date where he could swing by the house in question and measure for the free estimate. He sent the information. I asked a few questions. He called to answer a question for me by phone. Quite timely in his actions. I'd recommend his company for anyone considering roofing or other services offered simply based on my contact with Mike.

12/02/2014

Joan R.

He came out to look at the roof today and there are too many extra costs.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $3,999 for a New Roof with GAF High Definition Architectural Shingles.

Thank you ...for the review. I just want to clarify that your home is larger then the 1500 square feet, included in the Big Deal. There was no extra cost added, just a discounted price per sq. ft. for the overage of 500 square feet. Thank you again, hopefully we can assist you with your project. MJG - PHS

12/01/2014

Kimberly G.

Owner Mike Gunderson will go out of his way to make the customer happy! This was a longer job than most, given the difficult framing for both the screen door and the front entry. The front entry required that he had to deal with previously broken slate as well as a rotting door frame. I'd wanted a gorgeous custom door, but couldn't afford the high price tag that other companies had quoted me. Mike was fabulous. Worked laboriously to get the mahogany stain that I wanted just right -- ditto the glass. He always called to give me an ETA when he was due. A wonderfully pleasant personable and professional person to work with -- as was his crew. Couldn't be happier. In my opinion, you can't go wrong!

Description of Work
Provided and installed 3 separate doors: 1. The front entry -- custom stained, custom glass. 2. The hard-to-fit exterior screen door leading to the yard from our screened porch. 3. An interior door separating the master bath from the master bedroom that had been missing.

Category contractors, decks, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, doors, sunrooms

11/20/2014

Farrah A.

Having to replace roof for the first time, I didn't know what to expect. I contacted several roofing companies, but I felt that Mike at, Professional Home Services, was the most genuine. When I first called and spoke with Rae, she explained to me how the company is different from many other roofing companies. And this is important to me, because I did not want to just hire a company because they offered the cheapest quote. Then, Mike came to the house, inspected the roof, and was very helpful explaining to me the different options. He also suggested we install ventilation for the attic. 10 minutes later, he came back with a very detailed quote. For all these reasons, I chose to work with, Professional Home Services. The reasons we selected the company were several: Mike presented all the options to us clearly, he did not pressure us, try to up-sell, and the bid came in at a reasonable price. Every question we had was answered clearly and honestly. Our trust was rewarded when the job was done quickly and neatly. Mike called and stopped by regularly during the process to see if we had any questions and to give us updates. I would definitely recommend them for any exterior project. There was no damage to my plants or shrubs -- which was very important to me--and the roof looks great. At the end, the installation went well and the roof looks great now. The crew came on time and in the end they cleaned up really well. They had to replace some damaged wood; they provided pictures of the wood that needed to be replaced and after the cleanup, my property never looked better. Since first meeting with Professional Home Services, I have had them back to do the vinyl siding and new replacement windows in my main home and also had them install three roofs on my rental properties. I now know the crew on a first name basis and with one phone call to Mike; my exterior projects are taken care of in a professional manner. I would highly recommend Professional Home Services to all my friends and family. Thanks Guys, See you soon!

Description of Work
Replaced my roof.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking

Thank you for your excellent Review, which we were delighted to read! We do pass on your compliments to our crews, which is the best motivation we can offer! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have on the projects that have been completed. Thank you again for choosing PHS !