Paramount Builders Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since June 2012

Paramount Builders is the East Coast’s premier home improvement replacement products company. We are proud to be “Improving our Community, One Home at a Time”. As a company, our goal is to establish the highest standard of excellence and integrity for our industry in our market and beyond. The cornerstone of our excellence is our products. We use only the absolute finest materials made. At Paramount Builders we are not just selling windows, siding, roofing and doors. We are selling our family, our reputation and our commitment to excellence. Our products are backs with unbeatable warranties to reassure our customers that they will continue to receive the benefits of our products for years to come....

4.2

window replacement (98)siding companies (34)roofing (33)gutter repair (20)home builder (9)skylight installation (1)door installation (39)woodworking (13)decks & porches (6)general contractors (6)handyman (5)cabinet makers (3)

04/27/2022

Rochelle B.

STAY AWAY! AWFUL COMPANY. ONLY TWO WORKERS THE WHOLE TIME. NOONE SPEAKS ENGLISH. THEY BROKE OUR WATER LINE AND WE DIDNT HAVE WATER FOR 5 HOURS. SCREWS LEFT ALL OVER PORCH. STYROFOAM LEFT ALL OVER YARD. TRASH LEFT FROM CONTRACTORS. BROKEN FRONT PORCH LIGHT AND DOORBELL. We had one of the "bosses" come out and he seemed to be outraged from the work as well and promised they would be out to fix all the issues. A month later and still nothing. Can't get a response.

Description of Work
Siding and roofing

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 04/27/2022

02/08/2022

Wayne S.

I'm happy and satisfied with the service. So far so good. I would use the service again. The people were nice.

Description of Work
Installed windows.

Work Completed On 01/08/2022

03/14/2020

Evalynn M.

Paramount couldn't get the bill to us in a timely fashion. I called them and they would only speak to my husband - even though we both filled out the paper work and met with them as a couple. Do they understand it is 2020? What a chauvinistic company. My female money will spend elsewhere. Their work is overshadowed by their crappy customer service. Horrible!

Description of Work
Porch repair

Category decks

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

Ms. [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry that you've experienced disrespect with the financial process. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Although both names were on the contract, your husband's name was the only one on the loan. Due to privacy laws, the lending company (who you must've spoken with) will not allow anyone who isn't on the loan to discuss the information. How can we better explain this process to you to reduce confusion in the future? You're welcome to contact us at 757-340-900 ext 312 if you need further explanation. Best, Katie

01/29/2020

Linda W.

Contractors showed up at specified time and performed job in professional manner.

Description of Work
Windows & gutters

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review! Please email us to let us know how we could have done better. Best, paramountbuildersvirginia@gmail.com

01/29/2020

Vince & Patty N.

Wonderfully from talking to representative, ordering windows and window installment. Windows were installed in one day by a very knowledgeable installer. Hard worker, conscience, courteous and friendly. We would recommend this company to all of our friends.

Description of Work
Window Replacement

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

Thank you so much for your A rating! We hope you love your new windows. Enjoy, PBI

01/03/2020

Daphne E.

They are quite pricey but they were good. Best materials and very efficient, I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They put in a new roof.

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We appreciate you choosing Paramount Builders for all of your home remodeling needs. Best, PBI

10/30/2017

Allen H.

On time- installed windows - cleaned up any mess.

Description of Work
Installed new windows.

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

Thank you for the great review. We hope you are enjoying your new windows and hope to work with you again in the future. Best, PBI

09/10/2017

Catherine N.

Great job from initial consultation to installation of windows.

Description of Work
Replace 4 windows.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

Thank you for the great review of our work from start to finish. We hope you are enjoying your new windows and hope to work with you again in the future. Best, PBI

08/07/2017

Robert & Karen P.

The sales personnel were thorough in explaining the product and process. Chuck, the installer, did an excellent job with the installation. I am very pleased with the overall job.

Description of Work
Siding was installed on my home.

Category siding

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

Thank you for the great review. We hope you are enjoying your new siding package and hope to work with you again in the future. Best, PBI

07/28/2017

William M.

Pleasant process from meeting with sales rep to product installation. Very respectful and courteous.

Description of Work
Replaced soffit and trim. Replaced trim around bay window and wrapped front and back doors.

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 02/01/2017

Thank you for the great review. We hope you are enjoying your new roofing package and hope to work with you again in the future. Best, PBI

07/25/2017

Winford L.

The whole team was excellent the Sales Dept, Finance Dept, production crew. Wonderful crew. Excellent work.

Description of Work
6 Windows installed

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

07/22/2017

Diane K.

It went great! They removed old windows, put in new windows, put trim back up. They showed me how to work the new windows. They gave me the papers near the end, but gave me time to fill them out without being rushed.

Description of Work
Old windows were removed. New windows were installed (8 bedroom windows). Old windows were taken away except for 1, which we requested to keep.

Work Completed On 03/21/2017

07/22/2017

Michelle C.

Teams were on time both days and worked diligently. Work was performed very well. When on minor issue did come up, the team and sales manager handled it quickly, professionally and satisfactorily. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
Wrapped the trim around the house, and installed PVC soffit system.

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/11/2017

07/20/2017

Elizabeth A.

These guys were Awesome! We are very pleased. Looks really nice also!

Description of Work
siding, trim, wrap gable bins

Category siding

Work Completed On 07/20/2017

07/18/2017

Amanda Y.

A representative from Paramount Builders was walking our neighborhood and talked to my husband; shortly after, we met with Marvin, one of their marketing representatives. He thoroughly reviewed the company with us, what they do, Paramount's service and guarantees, pricing, and timelines. Marvin gave my husband and I time to talk it through before we decided to go with it - he was fantastic at explaining the company, the product, and the unique marketing system Paramount uses. The only downside to that experience was that it did take more than two hours, and my husband had to go to bed (he works an early shift.) The unique marketing: Paramount sends reps to a neighborhood to walk around and talk to homeowners with needs; they make appointments with homeowners, and then present the services, and give an estimate on the work. But here's the thing: they have a brilliant marketing system. The first home in the appointed coverage area that a) hires them for work and b) signs contract at that time gets a laaaarge discount on the price of the job. To get the discount, the homeowner agrees to put up a yard sign for Paramount Builders for 45 days; the homeowner agrees to write an HONEST review on Angie's List; and the homeowner is asked to take 'before' and 'after' pictures, and allow them to be used in marketing materials (with all identifying information removed). Because we took that deal, we saved hundreds. Now, I am perfectly aware of marketing tactics, how that approach could build pressure, and the fact that the company could be inflating prices to shine up the 'discount.' Happy to report, we found out that Paramount Builders guarantees the following: They build, buy, and purchase all needed materials (they measure your house and extrude gutters to fit) They prepare all materials ahead of time They do not use subcontractors - all crews are company employees So, yep, we did it. From the first person we talked to until the last, every person was kind, communicative, responsive, and happy to help. Everyone at Paramount Builders kept us up to date with every step of the process to pay for and install our new gutters - signing contracts, signing financing documents, setting the installation appointment, and getting the final 'we did the work' signoff from my husband (who was there when the gutters were installed). And the cooooooolest thing? The Paramount Team called before they came with an installation timeframe of 4 hours. They came within that timeframe. It took them AN HOUR AND A HALF to remove the old gutters, back bases, drainpipes, and clear the pipe extensions ... and to install the new back bases, gutters, drainpipes, and hook up the pipe extensions. And my husband said it was quiet - he didn't know the Paramount Team was done until they knocked on the door! So, summary: - Great marketing - Awesome company employees, all around - Dedicated employees, all around - Excellent customer service - Superb materials and equipments - SUPER quick installation - Is a wonderful company!!! TL;DR: Paramount Builders are awesome; if they come by your house, hear them out!

Description of Work
We needed new gutters in a big, bad way!

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

05/08/2017

TIM J.

The work and the workers were great. The price was way too expensive. The sales pitch was too long. The salesman was determined. Would not take no for an answer. Would not leave until he had a sale. My advise: DO NOT LET THEM IN YOUR HOUSE!! The offer you an overall price. Then a price if you sign a contract today only. Lots of pressure. Would never do business with them again. I cancelled the contract. They came by the same evening and offered a "better deal". NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
Roof, trim, and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/11/2017

04/12/2017

Lawrence R.

The sales rep that came out were very informative. They got here right on time, got the work done well with high quality I was told that they would be done by a certain time and they were. Everything looks and works great!

Description of Work
13 windows removed and new ones installed.

Work Completed On 04/11/2017

04/05/2017

christina C.

The whole process was amazing! The windows have a lifetime warranty and are the best windows on the market. The sales representative who came to the house, Floyd, was amazing. Never once did i feel pressured to buy anything and he even played with my son while he was here. He went over all the information he could to try and give us the most information and answered all of my questions. He called his boss to work out payment arrangements as we are a very young and growing family. The company itself was great, they were concerned it was going to rain so they rescheduled so no water would get in my house just in case. I felt very valued and appreciated. The install team couldn't have been better. The crew I got was ART and they were amazing!!! They answered all of my questions as i had them. walked me threw the whole process and gave me a tutorial of how to work everything when they were done. I was concerned about the clean up aspect as most contractors don't exactly do the best job when it comes to that, but with these guys i had no issue what so ever. You couldn't even tell they were here, well besides the amazing windows that were here when they were done. Would love to have this crew come back and do all of my jobs! for them to replace 22 windows it only took them 4 hours! I was flabbergasted! I can't thank them enough for the great job they did!

Description of Work
Installed 22 new windows in my home

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

02/13/2017

Kelly A.

This was our first major construction project on our home so we did a lot of research before calling this company, which seemed to stand out from the pack in our region. The salesman was extremely easy to work with and didn't leave us with any questions. The timeline for the project ended up taking longer than we initially thought because it was around the holidays but it was the supplier's fault, not the builder, and everything we needed had to be custom because of weird old house sizes. They did a great job, showed up on time, and cleaned up after. So happy with our new entryway!

Description of Work
New front door, transom, and framing

Category doors

Work Completed On 02/09/2017

Juliejohn K.

Went well. Will even caulked a team that was causing me concern. They went the extra mile to analyses the long team isn't disable from the street.

Description of Work
Will & crew put aluminum around the 4 column in the front of house cladding wooden.

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 12/05/2016

Homero R.

Outstanding service by everyone. Rob gave a very informative presentation. Very personable. On the day of window replaced company arrived on time, with a friendly "get to work" attitude. Very pleased with our experience.

Description of Work
Replaced specific windows.

Work Completed On 01/04/2017

Brandy-Leigh P.

They were on time, professional and worked quickly.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 windows.

Work Completed On 11/30/2016