All About Lawns

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2014

All About Lawns LLC was founded with one goal in mind - to provide a full range of quality lawn care services. Our company has grown over the years from a two person operation into a full staff of professionals able to meet your every lawn care need. We are dedicated to building long term relationships with our clients by providing the highest standard of quality on each and every project we do. Our reputation for customer satisfaction in the Metro-Richmond and surrounding counties is what has made All About Lawns LLC a household name in the lawn care industry. All About Lawns is a family owned business. We have 6 employees and we accept all forms of payment....

A Service Provider's profile image

+8 more images

lawn care (116)mulch delivering (48)lawn & landscaping (31)leaf removal (22)tree service (11)hardscaping (4)lawn treatment (15)irrigation system (1)

04/19/2022

Wayne S.

All About Lawns has been taking care of my lawn beginning last fall and has done a great job. Shaun the owner is very nice and easy to work with. He is also very knowledgeable about lawn care and offers good ideas. My lawn has never looked better and I have received complements from my neighbors

Description of Work
Mowing, flower beds weeded, pre-emergent applied, mulching.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 04/15/2022

01/20/2021

debra H.

All about Lawns was very professional, completed the project on time. We will definitely be working with them on more projects in the future.

Description of Work
Stump Grinding

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

11/21/2020

Eugene H.

Very well, good workmanship, above and beyond

Description of Work
side walkway

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

01/26/2020

Chris K.

I asked for a quote and a time was given for 1/20 to meet with me. No one called or showed up. I heard from the office on 1/22 and she said that it was due to the weather, which was just cold. Another landscape company was able to come out that day and give me a quote, however. Another appointment was made for 1/24 and again, the office called and said he could not meet with me at that time, but could do it later or another day. Since I work 2 jobs, I was not available. The office called back and said the landscape designer would meet with me instead on 1/24, but no one came or called after that. Customer service is very poor.

Description of Work
Multiple landscape jobs

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

11/11/2019

Cathy K.

All About Lawns was a very professional and knowledgeable company. The owners were wonderful to work with and very informative regarding design and type of plants to use. Once design was approved, their team did a wonderful job placing and planting all items. End result was beautiful. We will highly recommend them to all our friends and will definitely use this company again in the future for our lawn and tree work.

Description of Work
Landscaping Design and Planting

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

09/28/2019

Sean H.

We used All About Lawns in the past for lawn aeration. However, this year is the last. The guy who aerated our front yard didn't seem to know what he was doing. He merely whipped the aerator around in circles in the yard, not lifting as he turned, essentially tilling our yard. When I informed Shaun of my disappointment he merely said to put down seed and water in those spots. When I informed him that I had to back fill all the divots made and requested a discount to service (since I didn't ask him to correct their damage to my yard), he took $5 off. We'll be saving ourselves the headache and hiring someone else next time.

Description of Work
Lawn Aeration

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 09/28/2019

05/28/2019

Ronald J.

Excellent work! Deshaun was a pleasure to work with-he delivered as promised, Very professional and prices were fair and reasonable-I’m continuing to use this company for all my Landscaping needs-

Description of Work
Landscaping, Shrub planting, retaining wall, new sod

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

03/18/2019

Randy V.

Everything went great! Very pleased!

Description of Work
Mulch all beds front and back.

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

01/29/2019

john C.

very well they were efficient and professional

Description of Work
clear leaves from lawn

Category lawn service, leaf removal

Work Completed On 01/29/2019

12/18/2018

James W.

Well one of the employees peed on our friends car in front of the house. We live on a busy street and have two kids. The guy didn't try to hide it at all, just on the main road he whips it out. The photo I've provided is the evidence of the deed (after not during). The owner said he would speak to the employee but would not offer to lessen our rate or offer any further apologies. As far as the work goes, they did the job. they blew the leaves to the street, left every possible stick or other debris (which may be normal, i'm not sure) and the following day the crew came and vacuumed the leaves from the street.

Description of Work
I needed my leaves cleaned and removed

Work Completed On 12/18/2018

Review for All About Lawns - 8560 Sanford Dr, Henrico, VA - 37615408

07/02/2018

Mike E.

Went well. Came on time and finished in normal time frames.

Description of Work
Mulch around outside of home

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

05/30/2018

Carolyn C.

On 4/25/18 I sent a message through Angie’s List requesting a quote. It has been 5 weeks now and I still haven’t received a response.

Description of Work
My front flowerbeds needed to be weeded and mulched, and I needed suggestions on how to deal with drainage issues at the end of my sidewalk.

05/22/2018

Ajay G.

Shaun was very prompt in responding the questions. Haven't used their services this time but will hire them in future

Description of Work
Lawn & Yard Work

Work Completed On 05/22/2018

03/19/2018

Harold H.

Shaun and his team did a great job on cleaning up our yard (leaf removal, trimming, edging, etc.) and laying new mulch. Shaun came out quickly to provide us with a very reasonable estimate and scheduled services for that week. Very impressed.

Description of Work
Spring clean-up and mulch

Category lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 03/06/2018

12/15/2017

Angela A.

I really enjoyed meeting and working with Shaun. He and his employees were professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I would hire Shaun and his company again without a doubt.

Description of Work
They cleared a very overgrown backyard, removed leaves, removed more than a half dozen bushes, removed saplings and undergrowth..a lot of work.

Category lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

10/15/2017

Kitty F.

I am so glad I called All About Lawns who were very responsive and took the time to understand my front and back yard irrigation needs. The team was professional, courteous and performed quality work. All About Lawns will be my one source for irrigation needs, I highly recommended them.

Description of Work
Irrigation installation

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

10/04/2017

Jeanne S.

If you want quality work completed by a professional for a reasonable price. This is the company to use. I have used All About Lawns twice. And both times everything was as promised and as scheduled. Thank you Shaun for doing such a great job.

Description of Work
Installed walkway.

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/03/2017

09/07/2017

Cathi H.

great, was punctual, and professional

Description of Work
lawn work, leaf removal, mulching

Category lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

08/04/2017

Jeanne S.

A+ is does not give Shaun and his crew enough credit. I sent a message early one morning about getting an estimate. He called and came out the same day. The estimate was provides earlier than promised with different options at different price points. Shaun was patient and answered all of my questions to make sure I knew what the final product would be and that I would be happy with the result. Work was started as scheduled and completed within one day. The whole crew was polite and professional. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Clean out overgrown flower beds on front and side of house. Lay new landscaping timbers, weed barrier,replant, add soil, and riverrock. Dig out area for sidewalk lay weed barrier, rock and pavers.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

07/18/2017

William R.

They collect the leaves from all over the place and brings them to the curb. He has this big vacuum thing on a trailer and he sucks them up.

Description of Work
I have him come out and gather all of the leaves. I have about a third of an acre.

Work Completed On 12/16/2016

06/19/2017

Essie A.

It didn't. I spoke with All about Lawns and they asked whether Friday, June 23, 2017 was a good day to come by to get the work done. (BTW, that what the day Hurricane Cindy was supposed to hit the Chesterfield, Richmond, VA area. It did not). Thursday, evening All About Lawns did not phone text or call to inform me of any alternate arrangements if the storm were to cause a delay. Friday morning the weather for the entire day was absolutely gorgeous. All About Lawns did not phone, text or call. This morning just before eight I received a text that read... "Hello, I just wanted to let you know what the rain be here yesterday morning set us back so I hd to reschedule for Monday sorry I hope I didn't cause any I wrote back... "Yes.. You have created a huge problem. I am having a bathroom installed. Siding and gutters installed and your timing couldn't be worse. Yesterday was a most beautiful day and I worked in the year, Home Depot work on the house for the entire day and another contractor construct da shed for me. They will return today to complete the shed. I say all that to lady you know I don't believe the rain story and will indicate this on the Angie's List review. In a second text message I wrote... BTW, Cindy bypassed this area. By 10am there was no rain. You asked whether Friday was convenient. Hence, as an individual who works outside, professionalism dictates that you phone or text to confirm or cancel the appointment. You did not. Nor are you attempting to make it right today or tomorrow. As an Angie's List Gold Star member I have been informed that the membership pays for the best services. This is no bueno. All About Lawns responded.... "Well am sorry I couldn't help you. You can get a refund from Angie's List" I responded. "Are you suggesting that I request a refund? I am unclear? I want to be sure I quote you correctly. All About Lawns immediately stopped texting and phone me. In the phone conversation he indicated that he could not come today, which is a beautiful day to deliver what I paid for. Blamed Angie's List for running "these types of ads," and indicated he could not come today because he has to attend his son's graduation. In closing, I don't at all suggest that you pay for any services up front with All About Lawns. Too, I've learned that it doesn't matter whether or not you are a basic member or a Gold star member. The level of service I have received as a consequence of using Angie's List has been lousy.

Description of Work
General yard work.

Work Completed On 06/23/2017

05/23/2017

Jeanne B.

Very, very well. I was very pleased with them, they were very professional and did everything that I expected. The amount was beyond the scope of what I originally intended. They were very professional, prompt and over delivered. It was more then I expected for that price. The work took them 3 1/2 hours and it was a team of four people.

Description of Work
I bought a Deal for lawn and yard work. It was little more by about $90; part of that was a tip because I thought they did such a really good job.

Work Completed On 04/19/2017

05/23/2017

Sarah H.

They arrived on time and did the job quickly. They even put down weed preventer that I had forgot to do before they arrived.

Description of Work
They spread approximately 6yds of mulch.

Category lawn service, mulch