Tree Surgeons Unlimited Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2008

106 Eastlawn Dr.

Hampton, VA 23664

Total tree care business and crane services

11/02/2017

James J.

Arrived on time and took care of everything. Very good people, and would use this company again. Highly recommended. They have the equipment needed for any type of job.

Description of Work
Three trees, one was quite tall and in a very tight spot.

08/25/2017

Brenna S.

Overall, excellent job from start to finish. Everyone was very nice and clarified any question we had. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
We had 2 large trees trimmed (removing branches and deadwood), 1 tree removed, 2 large bushes removed, shrubs of varying sizes removed, grinding stumps, and removed branch hanging over from neighbors yard. All of this was done on the same day.

08/05/2017

Jean M.

Lloyd arrived at the time we'd agreed on with a truckload of firewood. It was nicely seasoned, just he said it would be, and Lloyd's wife dumped it exactly where I'd asked them to. I was very pleased (who wouldn't be?) and would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
I ordered a cord of firewood.

05/30/2017

Carol P.

I think their price was very reasonable. They had to come in with a crane. It didn't take a lot to uproot that smaller tree because it hadn't grown to a size where you would really have to dig deep or anything like that. On the Mimosa they trimmed the branches off it. I will have them come in the fall to cut it back. The big tree they had to come in with one of those crane type things so they could reach the great big huge branches -- they were really big hanging over my shed and the neighbors. I watched them -- just taking it down and making sure it does not do damage on someone else's property or my property. I would highly recommend them. As a matter of fact, our neighbor used them and the same result. You would never know they took this great big huge -- it must have been 100 feet huge trunk -- they removed it and you would never know they were there. It is the same with us, you would never know that they were here. They clean up after themselves. I think they do an excellent job of cleaning up after themselves.

Description of Work
I used Tree Surgeons Unlimited. We had them cut down some big limbs on our tree in the backyard. They did not cut the tree down, but they cut some great big huge heavy branches off of it. They trimmed it and also trimmed a Mimosa tree and they took out another small tree in the backyard.

09/14/2016

linda C.

I expected the crew to enter with chain saws blazing!!! Not the case with these guys. They actually began hand trimming before anything gas powered came off the truck. I watched one crew member carefully trim and assess each small clip on the camellia. He treated it like it was HIS beloved camellia. They did a fantastic job! Everything cleaned up and lovely. Thank you Tree Surgeons Unlimited.

Description of Work
Serious trimming on a very old holly and camellia bush and river birch branches moved away from the roof.

04/20/2016

Richard L.

I have used Tree Surgeons two times, once to take down 3 medium size trees and cut the wood to 18 inch lengths for fireplace use. The team came on time and completed the job quickly and professionally and left the area clean for what I considered a fair price of $750. A couple of months later I asked Tree Surgeons to come out and do stump grinding for 3 tree stumps and roots from hedges I removed which helped me prep the area to put in a new garden. Again they came out on time and grinded the entire area like I had requested for a price of $350. I like this company for this type of work, they have been reliable and fair and would happily recommend them.

Description of Work
Cut down 3 trees & stump grinding

11/11/2015

Randy K.

I was late in finding a supplier for firewood and they agreed to deliver mid-week for me so I could receive the delivery earlier than their normal schedule allowed. He called to let me know exactly when they would arrive. I met them at the house and they were on-time (actually a bit early). It was drizzling/raining that day and that was no problem for our delivery. I also asked that he look at a couple of trees that need removed and a few that might need trimming. All went very well! I will use them again for firewood and plan to have them back when able to remove the dead trees and trim the others.

Description of Work
Delivered 1/2 cord of firewood and stacked in our rack.

10/14/2015

Lynn B.

Tree Surgeons were the right company to hire for this work. The crew was very experienced and worked outstandingly as a team. The climber required a skilled man on the ground to allow him to work accurately and safely. It was impressive to see the coordination. No severed branches (and they were large) ever contacted structures when they came down and there was little room to spare. The clean up afterward was excellent. The crew was attentive to the customers requests and did exactly as asked. The whole exercise from estimate through scheduling, phone contact and execution was smooth and without surprises. Good outfit.

Description of Work
Heavily pruned four large pine trees. Raised the canopy of large multi trunked crape myrtle. Pruned and removed dead branches from pin oak. Cut down and removed one Sycamore tree. Cleared overhanging Mulberry and other branches from fence line.

09/06/2015

George W.

Mr. and Mrs. Jordan brought the firewood to my residence on the day as scheduled. The wood was great, cut to length as requested and all hardwood. My wife and I stacked and racked the firewood for winter. Just out of curiosity, I measured the racks of wood just to see what a cord of wood looked like ( 128 cubic feet or 4 x 4 x 8 ft). I measured a couple of times and came up short each time by about 20 cubic feet of a full cord. I emailed the company with my findings. They were very apologetic and said they were trying a new way to load a fixed cord of wood with their Bob Cat. They seemed to really appreciate my notification so they could calibrate the loading procedure and on 5 September the Jordan's brought addition great oak firewood to my house. We are now more than pleased with their attention to this relatively small amount of wood but nevertheless meaningful to me. Again the Jordan's were most gracious with the delivery and we'll be calling them again next year.

Description of Work
Provide one (1) cord of cut and split hardwood.

07/17/2015

Julia D.

We had used Mr. Jordan's company before and were pleased with his work, so my husband pretty well had his mind made up who he wanted to hire, but I have a policy of getting three estimates, and Mr. Jordan's was actually the best estimate of the three, so it was a no-brainer. These folks are skilled professionals. The oak tree we had removed could have done disastrous damage if it had been mishandled, so we wanted to be very careful to go with a certified arborist who really knew what to do. Watching the three-day process, I was quite amazed at the work of this team. They did everything with precision and left no mess behind, which is pretty stunning given the scope of what they did. I also appreciate that they utilize the wood from the trees they remove (either for milling or firewood) and do not waste resources. I would recommend them with enthusiasm and will definitely call on them whenever we need tree work in the future.

Description of Work
Removal of one gigantic, enormous double-trunk tree (oak) and two smaller trees; grinding of all stumps

06/29/2015

Jimmie Leigh M.

We have this beautiful large oak tree in our back yard that was leaning over the top of our 16 foot gazebo installed on a composite deck and over the top of our house. I used to the watch this huge tree swaying in the wind and held my breath that it wouldn't come down. We initially wanted to have it topped, but when Lloyd came out, being an arborist, he explained that topping the tree would eventually cause it to die. He suggested removing the main branch that was leaning over the house, and leaving the second main branch in tact. We went with his suggestion and now we still have this beautiful huge tall oak tree without the worry of it toppling into our gazebo, deck and house. The remaining branch stands upright and with half the leaves of the tree gone, the surface area for wind resistance has been decreased immensely and now the wind only causes the tree to sway softly without imminent danger to our home. These guys did a fantastic job. I stood amazed as his climber set up series of pulleys and lowered each limb which was extremely close to the gazebo on the deck carefully and safely to the ground. They arrived on time and finished the job much faster than I thought possible. Thanks to Lloyd being an arborist, we still have our beautiful very tall tree and peace of mind!

Description of Work
Lloyd trimmed a huge oak tree in my back yard.

05/11/2015

James M.

Lloyd and his company were excellent, going over the pros and cons of various placements at the new house, scheduling was quick and the job was done very quickly as well. He gave excellent information about post-transplant care, and the tree is doing beautifully, even though it was done outside of the best season.

Description of Work
Moved an ornamental Japanese Maple from one house to another.

04/13/2015

Steven K.

From estimate to finish, the Tree Surgeons Unlimited team did a fantastic job. They were punctual and professional every step of the way--I'd hire them again in a minute.

Description of Work
Cut 70 ft felled maple tree into firewood and stacked next to utility shed.

03/15/2015

Thomas M.

We contracted for two, but a small evergreen was also in the way and they took it down at no additional cost. A please to work with. they were prompt, courteous and cleaned up. Definitely will use them again and will highly recommend them

Description of Work
Removed three trees and ground the stumps. We contracted for two, but a small evergreen was also in the way and they took it down at no additional cost. A please to work with. they were prompt, courteous and cleaned up.

03/04/2015

Matthew F.

I ended up not buying the wood here because the delivery timing didn't work out (my issue, not theirs) but would definitely recommend anyone call. They were terrific on the phone, were very clear and honest about what they had available, and were totally willing and ready to help.

Description of Work
I called to inquire about firewood and the woman I spoke to on the phone was extremely friendly, professional, and responsive. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

02/16/2015

Linda B.

They were great. They did extra work for me and I didn't even asked them. His price was right, about half of the other quote I had. He was really good. They came on time. They came the day they said they were going to come. They cleaned up and everything. I t6alked to him the first of August thinking I could get it done before hurricane season. He was so booked he couldn't fit it. He's booked all the time and I see why. I thought of some things when I was there in the backyard and the guy did it and I didn't pay for anything. I will use them again.

Description of Work
The tree service I use was Tree Surgeons.

10/25/2014

Michael L.

Purchased and had stacked 1.5 cords hard wood. (Cost of stacking was extra but, in my opinion, very reasonable.) Price was comparable to others. (Note that most others I contacted do not offer stacking,) This is the third year I have used them. The amount of wood delivered is comparable to others. What sets them apart is their honesty, their responsiveness, and the quality of the wood delivered. When I ordered the wood I asked for seasoned hardwood. I was told that their current wood had not been seasoned as long as they would like. Others I have dealt with over the years would simply drop off green wood. Tree Surgeons wood looks good. The people I dealt with were very nice and helpful. While I did not use their tree services, the treatment I received, from the time of my first contact with them, would warrant my contacting them for an estimate should I need these services in the future. I am very pleased with their service.

Description of Work
Delivered and stacked 1.5 cords of wood. The cost includes stacking

06/27/2014

Linda L.

The good was that they're very knowledgeable as far as nature of trees. They're just not out there to cut down trees. So they understand trees and they educated me on the trees. The bad was for example, they advised that I take down a dead tree that was near my house. The amount of money that they wanted to take down that one tree was more than the amount that they charged me to take down all of those holly trees. I found that to be a little exorbitant. So I did not do that. I ended up getting someone else to come in and take that other tree down for a significant amount.

Description of Work
I used them for a quote on removing trees because they are arborists. They're just not into cut any tree you want. They evaluate the health of the trees and what kinds of trees they are and the pros and cons of taking them down. I didn't have everything done that they recommended. But I did use them for part of it. I had them remove a number of holly trees. They weren't large trees. They were just medium-sized trees through the yard.

06/17/2014

Roger P.

Loyd was very profession, knowledgeable and friendly. Did not use his service since another company came in with a lower estimate.

Description of Work
Came out and provided estimate for removal a tall pine tree in the corner of the backyard, removal of a red tip tree, grinding of both stumps and an old stump in the front side yard.

12/10/2013

Delores J.

Company showed up on time and completed the work in a couple of days due to the cavity filling. Their prices are comparable to other services and their work is fast a good. They did not leave a mess behind and the trees look wonderful. The only draw back is that their schedule is super full. I guess that is the price you pay when you are a good service provider. I would definitely recommend this company. They have performed three services for me so far. Pruned a large pine tree and a linden tree, pruned another linden tree and filled cavities and took down a dangerously unstable tree that had partially come down on my neighbor's roof. For your next tree service, be sure to give them a call. You won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Pruned one Linden tree and filled a large cavity in that tree and two cavities in another tree that had been pruned earlier in the year.

11/22/2013

Whitney L.

They were professional, easy to work with, and very reasonable. We couldn't be there for the drop-off, so we left a check. No problem. Great wood! We will definitely be using them again!

Description of Work
Dropped off firewood exactly where/when we asked

10/15/2013

REBECCA M.

Tree Surgeons called back very quickly and came to give an estimate within a few days. They explained what needed to be done to keep the tree healthy while eliminating problematic branches. They made an appointment, which was about a month after the initial estimate, and contacted us a few days before to confirm. They arrived on time and did a good job trimming the tree. They even hung a rope for my daughter so that she can install a tire swing in the tree. They cleaned up all of the mess and cut the larger branches into firewood for us.

Description of Work
Our rental house has a 150 year old oak tree in the backyard. The tree had not been trimmed in quite some time and there were dangerous limbs hanging over our house and the neighbors' houses, as well as the power lines. The provider trimmed the tree.

09/29/2013

Edward S.

Marcie answered my voice message within minutes of leaving it, unlike others on Angie's firewood list. She said they could deliver the next day (Saturday). Lloyd and Marcie arrived on-time and unloaded the trailer containing the 1/2 chord of seasoned hardwood. Within 30 minutes they were done. Both were friendly , open and easy to get along with eagerly answering my questions pertaining to their business history with regards to their fire wood inventory and location. They indicated they have been in the business for 20 years. The wood is of excellent quality and at a size perfect for my fireplace and wife to carry and give me a break. We definitely received the appropriate quantity for 1/2 chord and I will definitely use them next year for firewood or any tree surgery I may need.

Description of Work
Provided 1/2 chord of seasoned hardwood

08/12/2013

Kenneth E.

On time arrival, protected the lawn with heavy mats for the cherry-picker truck to drive on, explained all the work they would be doing and worked with me to determine the extent of the trimming that would be done on the oak and red tip. Performed very precise drops as Lloyd and quot;dismantledand quot; the large black gum tree that was leaning over our house, as well as with the magnolia removal and the oak crown reduction. Was amazing to watch -- and the crew had top-notch teamwork as they worked with Lloyd's chainsaw action in the cherry-picker truck as well as his climbing the other two trees. Clean-up was thorough and the stump grinding was complete -- I chose to keep the grindings for mulch. All of the crew were courteous and friendly. Top rating to The Tree Surgeon!

Description of Work
Removed 2 trees (black gum and southern magnolia) and trimmed one large red tip and did significant crown reduction on a large oak. Ground two stumps. Removed all debris and left the stump grindings (my choice).

Category firewood, mulch, tree service

08/01/2013

Artie L.

The crew worked well as a team and there was no disruption to and quot;life as usual.and quot;

Description of Work
Trimmed and removed branches on an oak tree and a maple tree. Also trimmed a branch on a magnolia which was over the driveway and might cause a problem in near future. (That was not part of the original contract---but an added bonus.) All trimmings were ground and all debris was removed, leaving the area totally clean.

Full Circle Lawn Services LLC

We offer services that pertain to lawn and home beautification such as mowing, hedge trimming, flower bed creation, flower planting, overseeding and aeration, small tree removal, tree pruning, leaf and debris removal, gutter cleaning, home and deck pressure washing, drive and walk way pressure washing.

Ashe Tree Service

It's becoming harder and harder to find a reputable tree service for your residential or commercial needs. At Ashe Tree Services, we promise to keep your property safe and free of debris from branches or unsightly tree stumps.We are the local company with the most referrals for one simple reason, trust. Our tree contractors are reliable certified arborists who are dedicated to tree care and customer service. We will get the job done right the first time, with your satisfaction guaranteed.Feel free to call or text me at 757-810-8972 for quicker response! You don't have to go out on a limb for affordable, professional tree service when you hire our Yorktown, Virginia, experts.

Butch's Tree Service

If you’re looking for high quality and personal service, you’ve come to the right place. At Butch's Tree Service Inc we’ll give you the attention and personal service you’ll come to expect and enjoy. We offer the best in tree removal, grinding stumps, Emergency Tree Removal, trimming trees, pruning trees and much more. Butch's Tree Service Inc has been located Hampton Roads since 1994. Let us put our experience to work for you. Call or contact us today! Award winning. Family owned & operated.

Visa, MasterCard, Check

Tree removal, stump grinding, pruning, thinning, raising the canopy, dead wooding, crown reduction, cabling, bracing, tree planting, firewood, crane service.