Tidewater Roofing

Founded 1982 • With Angi since May 2006

701 Industry Dr

Hampton, VA 23661

Tidewater Roofing has been in business since 1982 and remains family owned and operated to this day. Thanks to a great product and the support of our awesome customers, we have grown from a small family-run startup into one of the largest roofing companies in the area! We specialize in just about every roof style you’re likely to find on a residential or commercial building in Hampton Roads and parts of the Greater Richmond area. Flat roofs, sloped roof, 3-tab, architectural shingles, metal roofs, hip roofs, and more. If you want it, we can do it. We offer some of the best warranties in the industry, so you can feel good knowing that your investment is one that will last! We carry all the proper licenses, insurance and triple-check our work to ensure we meet or exceed all appropriate standards… and your expectations. When it comes to roofing and gutters, we’re the pros. Contractors license #2705 051867A....

10/11/2019

Gail G.

The crew at Tidewater Roofing was excellent, especially Joey. Everyone was professional at their job. Clean up was immaculate. It was a pleasure to watch the care and consideration in their desire to ensure that the job was done perfectly and correctly. We commend them.

Description of Work
Roofing, and we replaced old gutters with new seamless gutters

Category gutter repair,roofing

Thank you so much, Mrs. [Member Name Removed]! It was such a pleasure working with you and Mr. [Member Name Removed] and it was great to meet you in person when you came into the office after the completion of your project!

06/01/2019

Stephen C.

Started off good until I signed a contract, then all communication stopped. I called three times over the course of two weeks before getting a return call to schedule the reroof. I was told when signing the contract that it would be two weeks, but it took a little over a month. I was told they needed to special order the shingles, but two days before the job started, they called to confirm the color and had it wrong. I would have been happy with a call to communicate what was going on, but never happened, I had to call them several times. The crew was beyond messy. When I pulled up to my house, it looked like a bomb went off. Materials were all over the yard. They destroyed plants, flowers, and damaged 5 bushes; 3 pretty bad, and left scuff marks on the brick and fence. After clean-up, I found over 100 nails in the yard, driveway, and planting beds. My neighbor had a reroof a few weeks before mine from a different company, and they were meticulous. We shared information, and the experience was night and day. Where they left the old copper flashing as agreed upon, they didn’t re-seal the edges where old sealing has dried out and broken off over the last 20+ years. They came back to seal the copper, but only completed 1 0f 5 areas. A week after the job was complete, the roof started sagging some areas at the eves where I have a builder’s gap; been trying to get them to address the issue for two weeks. The old roof was 23 years old and didn’t sag in those areas. Two of my four bathroom vents were not hooked up. They were left hanging and venting into the attic…just notified them today to address the issue. Had a small leak at my HVAC vent pipe. They came out to repair, but is still leaks during a heavy rain. The roof looks good, what scares me is what I cant see. I was also supposed to get gutters installed. I met with a representative who said he would email me a new quote since the color I chose was special order. I never heard back and have never signed a contract, and it has been 7 weeks when I was told the order would take 2-3. I asked the production team about it, and they never got back with me. Warranty information. No one ever explained the warranty process. I took it upon myself to visit the shingle company website to fill out the information. I soon realized I didn’t know what I needed to fill out the paperwork. I called Tidewater for the information, and they said the production team will submit the warranty paperwork. They finally confirmed the paperwork was submitted. The receptionists were always friendly and very helpful. It wasn’t until I contacted them that anything got done. And to be fair, everyone I talked to was friendly, just not responsive and reliable. I figured a family owned company with such good reviews and long history would do better. I never expect perfection, because things happen, but this doesn’t even come close to what I expect from a contractor. IF I get my issues resolved, I will update with new information on the experience.

Description of Work
Roof torn off and new one installed

03/28/2019

Teresa B.

It was a wonderful, they did a great job. The product is good, they put it on all around the house. They did it quickly and it's a good product. They give me a discount. I would recommend them to somebody else. They explain to me all the information regarding the work they did.

Description of Work
Install gutter all away around the house and down step.

03/18/2019

Gideon A.

They pricing is competitive, they were responsive, professional and got back to me in a timely manner. I would recommend their services.

Description of Work
They have done repairs, replacements, flat roofs, flashing replacement, caulked some of the flashing, replaced skylights, etc pretty much have done it all.

Tim B.

The work was excellent, we had no leaks, very conscientious, they came and cleaned up everything. They were very honest, trustworthy and courteous and we were very happy with the service. The price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Skylight Roofing Replacement

Kirsten B.

They were very professional, timely and the quote they gave was what I actually paid. They did an excellent job. I have recommended them and will use them, again.

Description of Work
Repaired Leak in Roof and Replaced Shingles Removing Satellite

Angelle A.

We never had any problems with them, no complaints.

Description of Work
Roofing replacement.

Shonda A.

It went great. It was a one day job. They finished on time and on schedule, were very professional, and I have no complaints at all.

Description of Work
Whole roof replacement.

Russ A.

The service went very well, I was very happy with the people that I worked with. Price was just as they quoted and no hidden charges after the work was completed.

Description of Work
Put in some new Gutters in our house

02/23/2019

Mark A.

I was pleased with their work. They were very prompt, and did a good job. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Came out to do some service on a roof they placed for my church.

11/26/2018

Paul T.

Great. On schedule and on time. 100% satisfied

Description of Work
Fix leaks around vent pipes

Thank you!!

11/16/2018

Diane H.

Great. Another leak sprouted two weeks later. They came back and patched that one for free.

Description of Work
Patched a leak

Thank you!

10/05/2018

timothy W.

The company was not very good at communicating/returning calls. When the repairmen arrived it was excellent.

Description of Work
Replaced two roof vent boots-gaskets that prevent water leaking into attic from exhaust vent vertical roof penetrations.

12/15/2017

Beth L.

I am so pleased with this company. In 2008 they installed covered gutters on my townhouse that sits under two big trees. Recently I noticed one section leaking in mid December 2017. I called them to check this out under the warranty and a representative was out here promptly. Adam was polite, professional, prompt, and informative. He corrected the problem and checked all my covered gutters to be sure there was no debris build up and there was none! The visit was all covered under the warranty and there was no charge to me. Almost 10 years under two big trees and the covered gutter system kept all that debris out. Wow, they really work! When the gutters were installed in 2008 I recall the customer service as excellent and my recent experience with them in Dec. 2017 was also excellent. Great product and great customer service both from staff in the office and the technicians in the field. I would highly recommend them and I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Check a section of covered gutter that was leaking. Also, check all of the covered gutters they installed in 2008 to be sure they were clear of any leaf build up.

Category gutter repair

07/07/2017

Kenneth T.

This was not a simple job. I have a gazebo with a roof that is octagonal in shape and was covered with cedar shakes that were falling apart. The two guys that worked the project over two days were real pro's. We are very happy with build quality and price

Description of Work
Re roof backyard gazebo

06/28/2017

Jessica R.

Install went well and looks good. No leaks since it was installed! Some of the gutters around the roof weren't put back to our satisfaction, but as soon as I notified the company, they sent a crew over that same day to fix them up. All looks really good now. My only complaint was it took longer than anticipated to get on their work schedule after I approved the estimate. I had to follow up a few times after approving the estimate to get a work schedule date. Otherwise I thought their customer service and install was very good.

Description of Work
A reroof of a flat roof. They removed the old tar and gravel roof and installed a new single-membrane IB roof.

Thank you so much for your review. We love to hear from our customers. If we can ever be of any assistance please let us know.

03/12/2017

Cynthia W.

The contractor was on time. My request for an English speaking lead was honored. The lead person was professional and courteous. The wrong shingles were used. I was home and caught it. They brought in the correct shingles quickly. There was a dent on the gutter. Tidewater replaced the gutter system. I was impressed and did not expect that. Unfortunately a large gap was left between the gutter and the roof. Rats got in my attic. Tidewater came out and closed the gap. I am still working with the exterminator to get rid of the rats. Thankfully I caught this by going up in my attic a week or so after the job was done. When I called Josh, my main contact, his response waso very quick and his service excellent. I made several calls to the office and never from received a call back. At least 4 and one to the office manager. While they made an attempt to fix all the problems it seemed never ending and was very upsetting. I will continue to work with my exterminator that I have used for years and when the rat issue is resolved I plan on hiring a independent roofer to do an inspection. I could not recommended Tidewater roofing.

Description of Work
Replacement of the existing roof.

02/16/2017

John M.

They put a roof on in 2009 and then we had a problem with it. They came out last month. They were very good about fixing our roof right away. Debris was getting in our ridge vent and they replaced the entire vent ridge for no charge.

Description of Work
We had a problem with our roof.

01/24/2017

jack L.

I called Tidewater roofing during a storm when I observed water leakage into an upstairs bedroom. Josh White responded on the same day, surveyed the problem (he was on the roof in the rain), and provided an estimate the following day. After accepting the estimate, however, I was not contacted for several weeks concerning a date to commence the work. During this time hurricane Matthew came through with the subsequent damage throughout the Tidewater area. Being concerned about the delay I contacted the company and was called by the owner, Emmitt White. He explained to my satisfaction the reason for the delay which was a number of storms prior to the date of my estimate, and the additional complications due to Matthew, which had created a backlog of work that they were in the process of catching up on. We did settle on a date and the company followed up and completed the work in a very professional and timely manner. I was particularly impressed by the quality of work by Mike who re-flashed and re-tiled the dormers. He did a superior job and kept me informed of his progress throughout the repair. I should note that the replaced my roof 6 years ago and did a very good job.

Description of Work
repair of three dormers involving replacement of 100 yr old slate tiles with synthetic slate tiles. Work also included replacing flashing on all three dormers.

Category roofing,woodworking

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]. I appreciate your patience and your kindness. You were great to work with. Thanks for your kind words. I will forward your review to Josh and Mike. Emmit White, President Tidewater Roofing.

01/12/2017

William J.

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!! I asked them & two other firms to come, assess the damage and offer a solution as well as give a free estimate for my solution which was to install a cricket. Only two would give free estimates. Both agreed that the cricket was the right solution, however, Tidewater's representative Matthew Price provided a very detailed fixed price estimate that made me very comfortable with how they would install the cricket & stop the leak. By the way - Tidewater was also the least expensive! They estimated it as a 1 day job but as it was very cold 15 degrees with 20 mph wind it took 2 days. Ryan, the installation crew chief, was also outstanding and very detail oriented. He took photos of the work which his foreman or boss reviewed - & as his boss took issue with the width of the run off gap between our roof shingles and the bottom edge of the cricket they returned for 4 hours "free of charge" to tidy up! So, far 1 month without any leakage! The even provided a limited guarantee for the fix! OUTSTANDING!

Description of Work
Fixed a leaky roof. (Leak had allowed water to seep down the front of our fireplace). Oh, I had previously had a roofer, a chimney "expert"?? and a painter provide solutions that did Not work!

Thank you for your kind words. I gave Matt and Ryan a copy of your review and told them great job. Thanks again for your business. Emmit White,President Tidewater Roofing

11/15/2016

jack L.

Came when scheduled and completed work. Haven't had occasion to check dormer again for leaks but do realize that leaks can be difficult to trace. I have no problem in using them again.

Description of Work
Small leak at dormer and remove satellite dish/replace shingles

11/10/2016

Judith H.

Contacted company and requested an appointment for someone to come look at roof for roof repair. It took three calls before I could even get an appointment for an estimate. I will say the technician that came arrived right on time and was professional. However, it is almost three weeks later and I still do not have a quote. I have called twice but at this point would not move forward with this company regardless. My phone calls were never returned from start to finish. I realize companies have been slammed with the storms but I feel the lack of return phone calls or a quote is unprofessional.

Description of Work
Roof inspection and repair

Mrs. [Member Name Removed] you stated it correctly. All roofing companies are slammed when storms hit. I regret we didn't get to you and help you. We would love to help everyone who calls but a company cannot acquire on short notice the extra 6 sales reps. or 10 extra workmen needed when a storm hits . I would guess that us and other preferred companies become 60 to 70 percent under staffed when a storm hits. We had 500+- calls during the storms and then the repeat calls, plus we were already busy and scheduled out a few weeks with work. It was a huge challenge just to return calls. I was told by a few people, "its just a phone call". Its more than that. I would love to find a perfect solution and idea to communicate effectively while answering 100's of calls doing 100's of repairs. It gets so crazy that it becomes difficult to build a good sales appointment calendar and good work schedule. There is not the extra help in a company during storms to feed the information back to the customer effectively. I am very open to ideas to make the necessary changes in my company that would help a customer. About 70% of the time when we tell a potential customer that we are to busy to help or that we will be 3 to 4 weeks just to look at their issue....their response back to us is..........well pretty negative. My apologies again. Emmit White Founder and President Tidewater Roofing

09/21/2016

mischelle J.

The work was performed in a timely manner. The price was fair, and the work is guaranteed.

Description of Work
flashing replaced around the chimney

08/01/2016

Nancy S.

They were very accommodating with scheduling for the quote. I was also happy that they could have the repair done within a week. I appreciated that they called when the arrived at the house to let me know they were there and were going to start working. Then afterwards they followed up with another call to make sure we didn't have any leaks after a recent storm. Very happy and would use again if needed.

Description of Work
replaced flashing around chimney

01/14/2016

Page S.

Easy to schedule with, good price, work done in timely fashion.

Description of Work
Replaced flat roof

Stephen Harvey Enterprises, LLC

Licensed Contractor, Free estimates, Veteran owned & operated, No job too big or too small.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is a professional residential/commercial exterior services company with over five years of experience in the industry. KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is fully licensed and insured. Cheaper does not always mean better, but KLM Exterior Services prides itself on providing 'Better Work For Better Prices'. We specialize in the following services for both commercial and residential properties: House/Building Washing Dryer Vent Cleaning Gutter Cleaning Window Washing Driveway and sidewalk cleaning Roof washing Yard cleaning Light/Moderate Landscaping Deck Washing We clean Brick, siding, wood, fences, decks, houses, buildings, windows and MORE!!!!! We service all of Hampton Roads, call now for a free estimate!!! Call now to inquire about our multi-service specials, or our rewards/referral programs!!!!!

CR Sudz Power Washing - Cleaning Service

Here at, CR Sudz we take great pride in our 10+ years of experience, expertise, quality, and customer service that we provide to meet the needs of the consumer. It is our mission to provide complete customer satisfaction from start to completion of a project. In order to understand the needs and expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer in a professional manner. Our reputation is based on service, safety, and quality, regardless of how large or small the job and in order to do that We must be able to give you an Estimate by coming to your home and looking at your trees or shrubs so that we can give you the best prices.

2705051867A

Residential, commercial & industrial roofing, shingled roofing, flat rubber roofing, metal roof, installation, restoration, coatings, leaf-free gutters.

Roof stain, streak removal, & gutter cleaning.