Power House Painting and Home Improvement

12/31/2022

2010 Exploration Way

Hampton, VA 23666

general contractors202123185
We completed an exterior restoration on a house in Williamsburg, Virginia. We completed several wood repairs to include siding, trim and framing of the home. We completed a soft wash to prepare for painting. After all repairs and cleaning we painted the entire exterior. Look at the before and after pictures. This project turned out amazing.

Our award-winning painting, pressure washing and home improvement company is dedicated to giving you a great customer experience and delivering beautiful work that you will absolutely love. Our hundreds of positive reviews, multiple awards and A+ ratings is proof that we are really good at what we do....
Whole House Exterior Repair and Painting project

Deck Installation project
Deck Installation

decks & porches

202123601

pressure washing (85)interior painting (34)house painting (30)woodworking (25)handyman (12)drywall (11)general contractors (11)door installation (10)deck cleaning (7)gutter cleaning (5)decks & porches (3)wallpaper removal (2)

04/23/2022

Raymond T.

Once again outstanding service. I hired Power House Painting last year to clean my home and this year they did not let me down. The tech (Amiri Catton) was on time and did a fantastic job on my once dirty home. Thank You.

Description of Work
Power Washed my Home

Work Completed On 04/22/2022

10/06/2021

Dennis W.

Amiri arrived to power wash my house. He was both couteous and professional, and asked if I had any questions regarding the process. He did an excellent job and I wouldn't hesitate to hire Power House Painting again. It was the second time I used them. They're a quality company with quality employees.

Description of Work
I had my house power washed

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

08/03/2021

Mary N.

From the first phone call I was impressed with the responsiveness and professionalism of Brian Martin and his entire team. Brian met with me virtually to discuss my expectations after he reviewed photos of my home. He emphasizes excellent customer service while providing a coordinated approach to the project. I was kept informed of each aspect of my project. The entire team of carpenters, the drywall specialist, and especially the painters were professional, punctual, trustworthy, and gave me a beautiful finished project. Extra credit goes to Joel Worthington, lead painter on my project. Not only was his work technically excellent, but he made several suggestions that markedly improved the decor. At the end of each day he thoroughly cleaned up so I could use my home comfortably and told me the next day's. Joel provided the kind of individual attention and care to me and my project that we all dream of receiving. I have recommended this company to my community and family and will use them again. Kudos to Brian for creating such an excellent experience during what can be a very stressful, worrisome time.

Description of Work
Drywall water damage repair, door replacements, skylight replacements, interior painting

Category decks,drywall,skylights,woodworking,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 08/03/2021

07/10/2021

Maribeth T.

Quality work, punctual, responsive, courteous and friendly. Excellent communications during the project to let me know their schedule each day. Thanks to Charles and his team for a great job!

Description of Work
Pressure washed townhouse, replaced rotted wood and painted exterior trim.

Category contractors,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 06/22/2021

06/28/2021

John M.

Paul and Gabriel arrived on time and were very professional. Both very respectful of the property and were meticulous with their work quality. Went over the work after completed and even had the Production Manager make a site visit upon completion. I wish I could have made the weather cooler for them but they were troopers. The whole process from quote to completed work is a well-oiled machine with Power House Painting + Home Improvement!

Description of Work
Dry rot and wood trim painting and replacement behind gutters and back of home.

Category contractors,woodworking

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

03/31/2021

Barbara O.

Charles and his crew did a great job for us. Both the staff in our home, the folks we dealt with on phone, Brian & Rick were all professional and polite. Charles and the men he worked with here were on time, careful of our property, and professional in all they did. We would definitely hire Power House Painting again.

Description of Work
Painting of ceilings, molding, bedrooms, foyer--very big job

Category contractors,drywall,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

01/14/2021

Muriel J. O.

Charles came out to pressure wash the exterior of my house. He could not have been nicer and was very professional while talking with me. His work was top quality and he made a point to move the planters out of the way and put them back after he was finished. I would highly recommend Charles and this service to anyone.

Description of Work
Pressure washing the house

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

01/12/2021

Dawn O.

Excellent. The quality of the work and the professionalism and care that the entire team put into the job was greatly appreciated.

Description of Work
Power washing, siding repair, dormer window rebuild and painting

Category contractors,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

Review for Power House Painting and Home Improvement - 2010 Exploration Way, Hampton, VA - 39129393

02/03/2020

Donna T.

We recently employed Power House for painting and other things- and we will use them again in a few months. From the owner, Brian, to the guys who did the work I found them to be very professional, responsive (very important to me) friendly and easy to work with. They also had helpful suggestions. Definitely a strong recommendation,

Description of Work
painting of sunroom and exterior door, grouting in kitchen

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 01/30/2020

Thank you so much. We look forward to working with you on the next project.

01/21/2020

TINA C.

We had had Powerhouse do some exterior painting for us last summer and they did an awesome job. Very conscientious, and thorough. We then talked to Brian about possibly replacing a couple of our windows—one in front and one at the back. We have an older home and like the stained interior, and even though wood windows aren’t recommended, we chose to do that since we didn’t want to replace ALL of the windows at one time. I did a lot of research and worked with Tommy Underwood, who again, did a very thorough job ordering the window and keeping me in the loop. He listened to what I had said, and ordered the window for us. Since the original windows are 30 years old, you can’t get ‘exactly’ the same kind, but they did a superb job of finding a very similar replacement window. The installation was fairly easy, but finding the closest stain color was not. It took a lot of trial and error, but they stuck with it and did an excellent job. We are so pleased because there will be more window replacement in our future and we’ve found a company. (Powerhouse) and a product that works well for us. Thank you to Brian, Tommy, and Wes for their hard work. We are very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

Review for Power House Painting and Home Improvement - 2010 Exploration Way, Hampton, VA - 38341410

Thank you so much for the great review and being such a loyal customer. We look forward to working with you again.

12/11/2019

William H. F.

Excellent! We had contacted Anderson since they installed the doors and track in the first place - and they couldn't come up with a way to repair the track. We contacted Powerhouse and Tommy researched the problem and came up with a solution. Richard, the person who did the repair, was personable, polite, pleasant - a true asset to the company. he repaired the track in about an hour - did an excellent job. We are VERY pleased with the service we received from Powerhouse!!

Description of Work
repair of a sliding glass door track

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We truly appreciate your support and leaving this positive review. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

12/10/2019

Jake H.

Quality of work was great and communication with the project manager was good, but final price was 5 times what I was given as an estimate. 5 times! After I questioned it, I was told my "estimate" was effectively just an explanation of HOW they charge and in fact was told that the project took the amount of time expected. If it took the amount of time expected then why did the estimate not reflect that. That seems a deceitful practice. I never would have paid the amount of money I was charged for the scope of work carried out.

Description of Work
Assorted tasks. Gutter downspouts hungs, cabinet pulls installed, thresholds installed, access box for crawlspace built

Category contractors,flooring contractor,gutter repair,pressure washing

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. I apologize for any confusion, but you approved the hourly rate on the angies list message system and stated that it was a reasonable rate. We also have a signed contract that stated our minimum charge and our labor rates for any work after the minimum two hours. We completed your project in 14.5 hours and had to locate and provide the materials. After we heard your concern we discounted the project even further. We apologize for the confusion, but wish you the best.

07/25/2019

Brian S.

I bought this deal to accomplish a list off home inspection repairs. I was contacted promptly, but unfortunately they did not have a schedule opening before the closing date, so I had to use a different company.

Description of Work
Handyman Work on House For Sale.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

10/05/2018

Pat A.

The quality of their work is excellent. The painters and staff were friendly, trustworthy, punctual and through. They honor their warranty as I had a couple of places that needed touch up and they came back one year later to do the work. Could not be happier.

Description of Work
Interior painting and repair of dry wall

Category drywall,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2017

Thank you very much. We loved working with you. We look forward to working with you again.

09/18/2018

Anthony H.

I had a wonderful experience from the beginning to the end. I called the number listed and Brian responded from my voicemail message. He asked what could his organization do to help. I explained that I had a window leak, needed my gutters cleaned (two story) and other little tasks. He told me the rate over the phone. Someone else from his team called realizing the Hurricane Florence was on the way he put my window issue at the top of the list to prevent rain damage. The team members are very knowledgeable plus they kept updating me with things that they ran across and fixed it because it was needed. Secured gutter nails and a small bend in my gutter damaged by a tree limb. I will put this organization on the top of my speed dial.

Description of Work
Repair window leak and clean gutters

Category gutter cleaning,handyman service

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

Thank you so much for the [Member Information Removed] review. We truly appreciate your business.

09/04/2018

Steven C.

I hired Power House Painting to do a big paint job in my house involving multiple rooms and multiple very high cathedral ceilings. From quote to finish, they were always prompt, professional, and did outstanding work. They cleaned up after themselves daily and moved all furniture back into place when leaving for the day. Everyday that I came home from work, you could not even tell my home was in the middle of a huge paint job. I am very please with PHP cost and quality-wise. I plan to use them again.

Description of Work
Big Paint job

Category drywall,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

07/16/2018

William B.

Excellent communication. Prompt service. Good price. Honored Angie's List Coupon. Will use again.

Description of Work
Pressure Washing of House

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

05/08/2018

Brenda W.

It went very well. Everything was done in a timely matter. I was kept up to date on everything being done. Everyone was very professional, and the crew cleaned up all debris, etc. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced my large, rotting wooden front porch with vinyl, replaced 2 outside window sills, painted some trim on front of house, repainted and put new numbers on mailbox.

Category contractors,handyman service,house painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

05/06/2018

James M.

Did a great job! No splotchy areas on house and deck was clean. Punctual and responsive.

Description of Work
Pressure wash of house and deck.

Work Completed On 05/06/2018

01/26/2018

christine S.

It went beyond excellent. A+ I have had quite a few not so great experiences with companies that I have hired to do work on our aging house. I had come to accept that the standard of workmanship I could expect in today's world was different from the one my father and grandfather had worked in. Power House proved me wrong! I first hired them to power wash my dirty home. I was so impressed with the professional, friendly team that cleaned years of grime away that I contacted Power House again…this time to repair my porch, paint it and repair my garage. I wish I had taken some before pictures because this was a big job and I wasn't expecting beauty...just a repair that would keep the mailman from falling through the porch. Well, once again I was blown away by the attention to detail, professionalism and pride in a job well done exhibited by the Power House employees….craftsmen I will say. The painters took so much care to make sure every detail was crisp and cleanly sanded and painted. And the carpenter (although I feel like he was much more than that) was…WOW! Just WOW! I will definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
The first job I hired them to do was power wash the house. The second job was repairing my porch, painting it and repairing the wall in my garage.

Category contractors,handyman service,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 01/25/2018

Review for Power House Painting and Home Improvement - 2010 Exploration Way, Hampton, VA - 36786443

01/12/2018

Nathaniel P.

Contractor did a good job, kept me updated on how the work was progressing, continually explained what they were doing and why they were doing it, and all work looks good.

Description of Work
Power washed front/rear of home, replaced front door, painted front/rear exterior of home, replaced wood on outdoor shed, repaired ceiling in living room

Category drywall,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters,doors

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

Thank you for the great review. We truly appreciate your business.

01/10/2018

Laura J.

Very good. Showed up on time. Cleaned up when done. Looks very good.

Description of Work
Paint stairway walls and repair/paint ceilings

Category interior painters