Brothers Roofing & Home Improvements

Founded 1988 • With Angi since July 2011

1908 Rawood Dr

Hampton, VA 23663

We'll make sure your home makes a striking impression, adding the greatest curb appeal in your neighborhood. Attention to detail, quality products and quality craftsmanship is key. Your choice of roofing material is an important decision when protecting your home from the elements, bringing out

08/14/2017

marilyn B.

The roof looks beautiful, and I liked the workers. However, the co. that delivered the shingles cracked the driveway in 3 places. The cracks were not noticed until approximately 9 days after completion of the roof and I called Brothers. They contacted the supplier, who says that since it wasn't noted immediately, they can't be sure it was their truck that caused the damage. Tire tracks from the truck remain on the driveway even now.

Description of Work
roof replaced

03/28/2017

ISAIAH M.

They did a terrible job though. The leak still persists and attempts to get them to repair it have failed. The job was not done to code and responsiveness of complaints. I think they should do the job based on regulations and be supportive of the customers. Do the job right the first time. I think the price was fair.

Description of Work
Replacing a roof that had a leak.

03/06/2017

O V G.

The roof inspection was done on time and they replaced one vent collar. I made a subsequent phone call and sent them an email to come back a few months later and for additional work and have received no response. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Roof inspection.

03/02/2017

robin B.

They did an amazing job.. We will recommend them to anyone that looking for a quality Roofing company.

Description of Work
Replace Old Roof

10/19/2016

William H.

Great. Fixed broken shingles and matched them perfectly.

Description of Work
Roof repair, replace pipe collars..

Category gutter repair, roofing

09/07/2016

O V G.

They arrived on time and completed the inspection and repair. I am satisfied with the job and will use them again if I need roofing work.

Description of Work
Roof inspection and repair a vent cover seal.

07/26/2016

Sue W.

Mr. Watts came out and gave us an estimate of the work, and then came back and did the work. It took a little bit of time between the estimate and the work, but this was due to rainy weather, and was not the fault of the roofer. We have had rain several times, and I think we got the problem licked! Mr. Watts ensured us he would return if we were not satisfied. The fungicide/herbicide put on the roof has been doing the job, and is environmentally safe as well.

Description of Work
We had a leak in our roof, around the skylight, that was staining the ceiling of the first floor. Upon inspection, the roof also had moss and fungus growing on it in places due to overhanging shade trees.

04/20/2016

Annette L.

They were able to squeeze me in in between jobs. All work done well, very satisfied. Pricing was competitive.

Description of Work
Re-roofed garage, wrapped all wood, built lean to off garage.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

04/11/2016

Molly M.

Although I did not use Brothers Roofing, I would go to them again for estimates and to get work done, based on the experience.

Description of Work
Brothers Roofing gave me an estimate.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

02/16/2016

Michael W.

My range hood vents to an outside vent above my deck, and two of the three louvers had fallen off, allowing cold air to blow back in during the winter. The vent is a strange size, and I was unable to locate a replacement, so I called Brothers. Eddie came by, took a look at it, and came back two weeks later with a couple hand-made aluminum louvers and put them in place. It's not perfect, but it should keep the cold out. Eddie said to forget about it, and rebuffed several attempts I made to pay him. Can't argue with that!

Description of Work
Fixed a broken exterior range vent.

02/05/2016

Cereza A.

We initially contacted this company because of their rating here on Angie's List and the BBB. After talking with Eddie and getting a very reasonable quote, we were happy with retaining their services. The weather was the contributing factor for the repair taking much longer than anticipated. The two main reasons for my rating are 1) the fact that the wrong color shingles were put on the roof from what we requested. They deny they made an error, therefore they will not agree to correct the mistake. Our only options are to take legal action. 2) We was not informed during our initial discussions that they do not take credit cards as a form of payment. So at the end of the replacement and work that was done in the master bedroom and chimney, Lora threatened to put a Lien on our house. We never said that we wouldn't pay but that we didn't have that kind of cash on hand, as we are a single income military family and this roof replacement was not something we had planned for, and we would need to try to figure something out. They also wanted us to make a final payment before a final bill was even given. The work done on the roof really is great, aside from it being a different color than I requested.

Description of Work
Roof replacement and repair to ceiling in master bedroom.

12/05/2015

Nicholas H.

Eddie was a great worker. Called as he was on his way out, showed up on time, and inspected, sealed, and replaced parts on my roof. I would highly recommend Eddie. He was very professional, knew his information and I would be happy to hire again.

Description of Work
Roof Tuneup, sealed leaks, and replaced gaskets.

07/28/2015

Jayne E.

Eddie and Lora and their crew were exceptionally professional in every aspect of the job. Their continual vigilance regarding the performance of the various components and their ongoing efforts to insure the best outcome for us, was most appreciated. We would highly recommend Brothers' Roofing and Home Improvement, and will certainly utilize their services again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Roofing, vinyl siding and metal wrap installation on two car, two-story garage

Category roofing, siding

05/26/2015

Susan G.

I called Brothers Roofing Monday, 11 May, when my plumber determined the bathroom leak was not plumbing-related. I spoke with Eddie who said he could come by for an assessment Wednesday morning, 13 May, which he did. I subsequently received an email estimate covering all work of which we spoke. I didn't receive a work date, but was told he would perform the repairs as soon as his schedule permitted. He completed the job the following Thursday, 21 May. When he stopped by for payment, he again went over all the work he had done. During the initial assessment I also mentioned replacing the rubber roofing over my porch and some of the wood that was getting spongy. He emailed me an estimate that was below what I was expecting. In addition to roofing, the company provides power washing services, roof cleaning, and mold removal which I will soon schedule as well. Eddie is very personable and I look forward to working with him again.

Description of Work
Installed new flange on a 3" pipe and new gaskets on two 2" pipes. Secured pan flashing and installed new shingles. All the above attributed to water coming in a dormer and leaking onto the downstairs bathroom ceiling. Raised nails caused some of the shingles to raise. Eddie flattened them and applied sealant to the exposed nails.

04/24/2015

Sarah P.

Lora and Eddie were AMAZING!!! I was late getting home for the time of my appointment with them. However, when I arrived at my house Lora and Eddie were already there and on my roof. I used their coupon for a full roof inspection and I got all of that and then some. They were so wonderful and explained exactly what they were doing and made me feel comfortable with having them at my home. While that may not sound like a lot, it meant the world to me to have the feeling of trust between us and knowing that they were there to do work and not just make money. They were amazingly kind enough to fix a vent that had caused water to enter my house and of course caused water damage. All the stuff they completed for the simple charge of the coupon that I had already paid for. I am more than happy with the work they did and will be calling them to do more jobs on my house. I am so happy to have found them on Angie's List. I would recommend Lora and Eddie to everyone I know for any work they need done that Brothers Roofing and Home Improvements can complete. If only everyone did business the way they do then people wouldn't be so scared to use a locally owned business. Again I will say; THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

Description of Work
Full roof inspection, repaired small area of damage due to tree limb puncture, fixed external air vent that was causing water to enter my attic.

03/07/2015

Jasen J.

They gave me a good price. Provided a lot of advice on how to fix the shed roof - what type of shingles to use, whether to install a drip edge, etc. They showed up on time, hauled away all the old shingles, cleaned up the yard nicely.

Description of Work
Replaced shingles & repaired roof on shed. Inspected house roof.

02/12/2015

kari T.

They started when they said they would and finished in good time. Unexpected wood rot was found. The repair was reasonably priced. I was glad they caught what I missed. The roof looks great. i would use them again.

Description of Work
new roof

01/06/2015

Jean V.

They also replaced part of my roof a few years ago. When I need the rest done, I will be calling them again.

Description of Work
Found a leak in bedroom and called. They responded immediately and repaired/caulked many spots they thought may be a future problem besides where the leak was.

10/07/2014

Robert H.

Eddie, the first company person I came in contact with came to the house and we jointly performed a walk around the house. I ask him questions about how he would go about shingling the roof and he answered all questions to my satisfaction.. He took some basic measurements and let me know he would provide me with an estimate for my approval before the work was started. He even volunteered additional information, often describing the actual shingling process. I felt totally at ease with the conversation we had at that point. Upon receiving the estimate, I approved it and the work was schedule within two weeks. I received a call from Lora, another member of the company, letting me know when the the work would actually begin. The crew was there on the scheduled day and began the work. Throughout the entire installation, I was kept informed on how the work was progressing. The roofing crew did the work in an efficient and professional manner. Thinking back on it now I believe the entire roofing job was done in three days, maybe less. Lora provided the necessary documentation for the warrantee a few days after the installation was complete. She also provided the necessary information needed to apply for a $250 rebate from the GAF Company. It feels good to have a new roof with shingles which are warrenteed for life. I walked on the upper and lower roof after the job was completed and have no complaints about the work that was done. Further, I also needed gutters replaced and I asked Eddie to find someone to do that as well. He took measurements and said he get back to me with an estimate. I had that estimate in less than two days. I paid half of the estimated cost of shingle installation and gutter replacement up front and the other half after the work was completed. I am highly satified with both the shingle replacement and the new gutters that were installed. This is a great company and I really appreciated the total cooperation and expertise they exhibited. i

Description of Work
Reshingled my two story home and worked with another contractor on having new gutters installed all around the home

09/05/2014

Ngu M.

From start to finish it was a GREAT experience. The 2 workers that came to my house were prompt, courteous and a great job. The talked with me before the began the work, explaining what needed to be done, in what order the work would be done in and what the costs would be. I can't speak highly enough of Eddie and Laura, they are a great team. They have replaced the roof on my house and my daughter's house. The quality of the work and the price are unbeatable. They performed each job as if they were working on their own homes. If I could rate them it would be a "five star plus" hand down!

Description of Work
Redid my shed, put in new plywood, moisture rapping, vinyl siding, new roof with roof vent and built a new door.

Category roofing, siding, doors

09/03/2014

Louis T.

Excellent team of workers showed up on start date ready to roll. One team on the roof and one team doing trim work. Materials used explained thoroughly and of best quality. Special unique work done on the porch. Work done with no interruption to household routine. A short gap between gutter work but entire job completed within the week. Highly recommend a small independent contractor such as this to keep the cost down, which was quite reasonable compared to estimates by large companies. Eddie and Lora were most pleasant and quite knowledgeable as well as their other workers I was completely satisfied with their work and highly recommend Brothers for any of the three main jobs I had them do for me.

Description of Work
Installed new roof and wrapped all trim work on house and porch. Installed new leaf away guttering on house.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

12/26/2012

Edward H.

We received two estimates for our roof. From the moment the owner of Brothers Roofing (Eddie Watts) came out to our home to give us the estimate he was very professional and had much knowledge about roof systems. He took measurements of the roof and provided us with a written, professional line item estimate the very same day. He also provided a color chart (GAF) to choose from. After a couple days of deciding the color we told Brothers Roofing that we would like them to do the job. We paid 50% down and the remaining cost at the end of the job. They fit us into their schedule and started the job within a few weeks. A dumpster trailer was parked in front of our garage for debris and was no hassle at all. The job was completed in the time specified. Clean up was very good, in fact I found two small strips of felt paper 3/4" x 5" and 1 nail in my entire yard and rear deck, that is phenomenal. They were always on time and very courteous. He also replaced my existing rusted gutter spikes with new screw-in type at no additional cost. We love our new roof and it adds to the look and value of our home. I would definitely recommend Brothers Roofing to anyone looking for a roof replacement.

Description of Work
Our two level roof was replaced. The job included removing old 3-tab shingles, felt paper and one sheet of rotted plywood. The new roor was architectural grade (GAF) shingles, new felt, ice & water sheilds, pipe flanges, flashing and ridge vents. GAF 50 year warranty was included.

12/18/2012

helen H.

Overall I rate this company as a non referral.

Description of Work
Never came when sceduled. Did not take any paper off and strip roof to bear before applying water and shield paper. Said there was no need. Did not replace any flashing. Said it did not need it. One year later it needs it. Call for repairs on other projects and does not return calls. Poor work all way around. Does not come out for any repairs from his original job until many weeks later. Associate is so rude and half time Eddie the owner does not get calls. I am sending report to Better Business Bureau as well. He has done three roofs for me and all have issues.

11/27/2012

June B.

They did a good job and completed the work very neatly. They were very timely. They cleaned up after themselves and respected our personaly property. I would not hesitate to recommend them as they did an excellent job.

Description of Work
They had to remove two roofs and then they put on a whole new roof and repaired the facia boards.

02/23/2012

Bill B.

We were provided with a professional introduction and detailed product overview. After a meaured walk on the roof to the survey job, we were provided with a price and schedule of work. We were very satisfied with the price based on the amount of work we planned to have done. We were told we would have a life-time warranty, transferrable one time. We then decided upon a shingle color from the beautiful selections to choose from. We signed up to use Brothers Roofing that day and told them to put us on their calendar. The job went smoothly from start to finish. All work was completed as stated in the contract with attention to detail using quality products. Brothers Roofing (Eddie and Lora) worked diligently nonstop to adhere to the completion schedule, even when the weather placed constraints some days. They showed up when they said they would and always cleaning up after themselves. Also, Brothers Roofing willingly coordinated with our onsite carpenter and painter performing other jobs on our house at the same time. They were always respectful to our landscaping and decking. They performed a top-notch job and we received a beautiful new roof at a super fair price. We would highly recommend this company to anyone needing a new roof. We have been told we have the nicest roof in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
Removed existing roof. Inspected decking. Worked in conjunction with other onsite contractors as they performed carpentry repairs and painting. Felt in with #15 paper (UL). Installed ice and water shield around walls, chimney, skylights and pipe flanges.Removed and replaced bad flashing. Cutin and added ridge vents. Replaced roof with GAF quality architectural shingles. Secured and cleaned gutters. Cleaned up grounds and disposed of waste daily. Installed vent caps under soffit. Respected homeowners landscaping and decking.

Stephen Harvey Enterprises, LLC

Licensed Contractor, Free estimates, Veteran owned & operated, No job too big or too small.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is a professional residential/commercial exterior services company with over five years of experience in the industry. KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is fully licensed and insured. Cheaper does not always mean better, but KLM Exterior Services prides itself on providing 'Better Work For Better Prices'. We specialize in the following services for both commercial and residential properties: House/Building Washing Dryer Vent Cleaning Gutter Cleaning Window Washing Driveway and sidewalk cleaning Roof washing Yard cleaning Light/Moderate Landscaping Deck Washing We clean Brick, siding, wood, fences, decks, houses, buildings, windows and MORE!!!!! We service all of Hampton Roads, call now for a free estimate!!! Call now to inquire about our multi-service specials, or our rewards/referral programs!!!!!

2022 Super Service Award

Nebula Painting & Power-washing

Nebula painting and power-washing is a fully corona vaccinated business. We have a professional team for all of your interior and exterior painting needs for your home or business. Offering reasonably priced paint colors and paint matching. Nebula also has a great team to power-wash your home or business, garage, driveway, sidewalk, boat, porch or deck. As a privately owned family business we take pride in our work. We have over 15 years experience in the field. Coming from a background of residential and commercial properties including government properties. We enjoy what we do and it shows in our work. We hope to hear from you for your free estimate.

Virginia
    06/30/2018

Roofing. Shingles. Skylights. Vinyl siding. Soffit & ventilation. Trim & metal wrap on freeze board. Fascia & gable ends. Seamless gutters with oversized downspouts with & without leaf guards. Fungus & stain removal on shingled roofs & siding. Pressure washing. Dump trailer rental